Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Subbers who sub older anime [ yes i know this is onging] should sub this
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2015 8:52 AM

Nov 2013
I don´t care if it´s raw, but even RAWs of most episodes are nowhere to find.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 7, 2015 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
Even if it was available its something that only makes sense watching as a weekly comedy skit on TV,like The Simpsons and such,in this day and age many people straight up avoid watching TV altogether so that kinda goes out the window.
Also it very much depends on its actual content :how much slap stick humor it has,if its based on referential comedy about other series...
Mar 7, 2015 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
objectively the greatest anime
Mar 27, 2015 12:36 PM
Feb 2012
Sazae-san is an anime that appeals to the Japanese lowest common denominator. Nothing here for otakus.

All of its historical importance is derived from a world record. If it had been canned some years ago, it wouldn't even be a blip on the Western radar.
Apr 15, 2015 3:34 AM

Dec 2008
NFH said:

Actually, there's an obstacle worse than subs and I'm really surprised NOBODY has mentioned this: This series has never been officially released on home video because the creator Machiko Hasegawa requested it before she died. In other words, she fucked the fans forever, since if you miss one episode bad luck for you: You'll probably never have the opportunity to watch it again since it'll never be released on VHS, DVD or any other home video format and even if you try looking online, Fuji TV is extremely aggressive hunting down uploaders and erasing any videos of this series.

Does streams count as Home Video Format?
Maybe it would be possible to stream it officially, but I don't know if it's common in Japan to offer streams of old jewels.
Apr 30, 2015 11:26 PM

Sep 2014
No demand = no sub

It wouldn't attract many audiences anyways.
Aug 9, 2015 2:21 PM
Feb 2015
Well...............

1: As synopsis says it doesn't have much to pander to non-japanese audiences

2: It isn't subbed and it would be impossible to do it afterwards for the majority because of:
NFH said:
Actually, there's an obstacle worse than subs and I'm really surprised NOBODY has mentioned this: This series has never been officially released on home video because the creator Machiko Hasegawa requested it before she died. In other words, she fucked the fans forever, since if you miss one episode bad luck for you: You'll probably never have the opportunity to watch it again since it'll never be released on VHS, DVD or any other home video format and even if you try looking online, Fuji TV is extremely aggressive hunting down uploaders and erasing any videos of this series.

And given the fact most people watch subs or dubs and do so on official streaming sites like crunchyroll or illegal ones meaning something that doesn't apply to any of those forced people to go way out of their comfort zone which will only be really done for anime they really consider worthwhile to do so for, but even if they tried abystoma2 points out exsactly what one would expect of something where shareholders hunt down the material posted online without big enough fanbase to keep it alive through illegal channels
abystoma2 said:
I don´t care if it´s raw, but even RAWs of most episodes are nowhere to find.

3: it's fucking long, theoretically it would take weeks of 24/7 binging to catch up if everything was available in the first place dwarfing even the 10 days or so one piece would take atm, also like one piece it would take a half hour of your week, every week of every month of every year, that persistence is great if you like it but it will scare new watchers who have anything else to do with their live, watch anime they like more for instance
Nov 30, 2015 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Thank goodness for youtube and typing in Japanese kanji. Would glady watch this because of the Wakamoto factor. Mofo is playing as one of the funny-ass supporting chars with that ownage voice.
Mar 21, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
I just learned of this too, and oh boy, 7000+ episodes?????? Been running since 1969?????? The most watched anime in Japan?????? Incredible. I understand how this isn't of interest to western fans, and I doubt even Japanese otaku watch the show on their own volition. It's basically a soap opera, just animated.

Raikenzera said:
It's because it's one of the few anime that is viewed as "acceptable" by adults. No one want to watch something that's "acceptable".

True dat, it defeats the purpose.
okurokichokiMar 21, 2016 3:41 AM
Mar 24, 2016 9:51 PM

Feb 2014
Sure, I can watch some subbed episodes and then add it to my dropped list, I will do that.
Jan 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
DateYutaka said:
Shuhan said:

That is correct, if it makes any difference i just started watching anime a few months ago.

ok but this is one of the anime that define anime
ive only heard about this show for its 7000 episodes. how come an anime that defines anime gets no sub? oh right, theres no money in it for the fansubs. i would also love to watch it
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jul 5, 2020 6:52 AM
Nov 2019
This anime is made for japanese Tv audience, especially kids, i will not bother to waste my time in watching a anime that i will know 100% that i will drop it after the first couple of episodes.

Also the subbers thinks the same as me, the demand of Sazae-san both in the west or even any place outside of Japan is almost nonexistent, this anime is only popular in Japan and it will be only popular in Japan for the foreseable future, even if someone subs its 10000 episodes 99.9% of the entire anime community outside of Japan will never watch this anime because this anime mostly and only special perk is the japanese local culture focus with a TV nostalgia factor.

If a old masterpiece like Legend of The Galactic Heroes is hardly surpassing the 200.000 members mark here on MAL then i think that Sazae-san is literally dead outside of Japan, subbing it would be a monumental waste of time, there is alot of chinese and japanese animes that are much better and has much more demand to sub than Sazae-san, Douluo Dalu is a prime example!
VitorLeiteAncapJul 5, 2020 7:16 AM
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Mar 24, 2021 12:15 AM
Dec 2009
I happened across a few episode of it on YouTube and I can see why it’s popular with the Japanese and I really do think it’s a show that will never be popular outside of japan. The earlier ver of this series is very 60s anime but as time goes on their personality change and they toned down the series by a lot! You weren’t think they were the same characters if you watch the early ver vs the modern ver. Anyways the story focus on Japanese tradition and old time ideas like woman should be cooking in the kitchen kind of thing. It is fun to watch if you don’t think too much of it and not nitpicking about all the problem with their view because it’s really just the Japanese view not that me complaining about it will change japan as a whole. I can see why it never make it over seas or even to China. Shows like chibi maruko Chan and crayon shin Chan are very popular in China and they also feature some Japanese theme and story but the only reason why I think sazae San never made it is because it’s too traditional it revolve around the Japanese tradition. So that’s my thought about sazae San I did enjoy watching it, though there are time I don’t agree with their view point but really if you don’t think about it too much it’s a fun watch...just as many people say they have too many episodes and very hard to find online....
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sazae-san Episode 1888 Discussion

ooReiko - Apr 30, 2023

1 by iputsday »»
Sep 4, 2023 2:43 AM

Poll: » Sazae-san Episode 1 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 14, 2013

5 by ehan90 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:06 PM

» How long is Sazae-san?

Izuella - May 8, 2023

2 by ooReiko »»
May 9, 2023 6:37 PM

» First fifty episodes of Sazae-san streaming on Amazon Prime Video Japan

-R - Dec 26, 2018

9 by ooReiko »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:57 PM

» How is Sazae-San Still running after 48 years and 8000 episodes?

iSpade - Nov 3, 2017

17 by tysonfist764 »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.