Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hyouka Episode 2 Discussion


Apr 30, 2012 7:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 264
dat ed
 
Apr 30, 2012 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2836
So Mayaka likes Satoshi but for some reason she can't stand Houtarou. It was nice seeing her jealous at the end though. She'll be a entertaining new member to the cast.

I think Eru wants him to solve that personal matter she was referring to earlier. I don't think it's the love confession Houtarou expects it to be.
 
Apr 30, 2012 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1463
BRSxIgnition said:
Coming in, and saying:
Getsuga_TenshoZ said:
Zzzzzzzzzz
Boring as hell, dropped.

Is completely retarded, and will henceforth be ignored by me - and should be ignored by other people who take any anime seriously.

Come on people - grow up.

Don't feed the troll...
 
Apr 30, 2012 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5204
ITT: "Stop hating what I like!"
Never change MAL.


Chitanda is a bit pushy but Houtarou can't seems to resist those eyes.
And this week's mystery is a bit better than last time, though Houtarou's reasoning in how he solved it is as empty and sudden as the one in Gosick.
Still fairly interesting for me.

Why does the ED seem like it's from K-On but just Mio and Ritsu?
Oh right, KyoAni. Oh well.
 
Apr 30, 2012 8:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4444
Wow!! This was boring.I can't wait to watch the next.

now since when Eru share his phone number... oh dear, I think I am missing a few part of the episode .I must be half sleeping just now ..=.="

Japanese earthquake lvl 1, As if people care if its only lvl 1 lol
Modified by MorningGlory, Apr 30, 2012 9:05 AM
 
Apr 30, 2012 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6366
Lol... I found it funny how Houtarou constantly trying to get out of picture and avoiding Eru's eyes. "I am curious" said by Eru is Houtarou's biggest nightmare.

Houtarou's gray lifestyle is over the moment he met Eru. He'll learn to appreciate it, he definitely will ^_^ I can already picture him saying "what a drag" while thinking "Maybe this is not too bad after all" in the future episode.

Eru is... Very pushy, and she very persistent and always gets what she wants when it comes to Houtarou, poor dude cannot resist her, nor can he put up with all the pleading from Eru.

The part where he picture himself in a restaurant with Eru as the pushy waitress was genius.


EDIT: I got very high hopes for this show, still do, and from the looks of things, it WILL live up to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 30, 2012 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2085
Well except for Eru's pushiness, she's pretty cute.
I'm liking this anime more and more. Those trivial mysteries are nice to ponder about.
And I think the librarian knows something? Her reaction was a little off. (although I might be over-thinking this)
 
Apr 30, 2012 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 157
Xionic said:
This show is getting more and more disappointing with it's annoying half-baked characters (that new tsundere was pretty bad). All this show has for it going is it's great art.


Just pointing out that there isn't a tsundere - Ibara's made it pretty clear she likes Fukube, and her antagonistic attitude towards Oreki is either because they simply don't get along, or because they're such good friends they can afford to banter with each other like that.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
 
Apr 30, 2012 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
Day2Dream said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Coming in, and saying:
Getsuga_TenshoZ said:
Zzzzzzzzzz
Boring as hell, dropped.

Is completely retarded, and will henceforth be ignored by me - and should be ignored by other people who take any anime seriously.

Come on people - grow up.

Don't feed the troll...
Talking about yourself or that one who talks about retards? Saying something is boring is personal opinion which is not even referring to the quality of the show. Why is it that hard for some people to accept? Low self-esteem or what?
weh
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2493
Tyrel said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Getsuga_TenshoZ said:
Zzzzzzzzzz
Boring as hell, dropped.

People like you piss me off to no end. A slow episode means you drop an entire experience, only after seeing 10% of it.
It makes no sense to do that. If you've watched it for 2 episodes, you can watch it for one more. I always watch 25% of any anime I'm "on-the-fence" on, before deciding what to do. If you drop it before even 10% has gone by, I really don't think you should be watching anime in the first place - or be talking on a site where people spend A LOT of time on anime.


Agreed, I hate people who watch a few episodes just to stay its horrible even though the seasons just started, do they expect to develop the plot at the first two episodes..


My logic: Why will I spend time in an anime that didn't entertained me when there are millions of other interesting animes I haven't watched yet? Dropping is really normal and not wrong. Nobody who drops an anime by the episode 2 can judge the whole series, for sure, that's obvious. You guys pissed off doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, Karhu already said that on page 8.
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1614
Well the cliffhanger made me curious about next episode. Probably some personal problem that Chitanda wants to solve with the help of Oreki.

All my gifs are in my blog
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 404
I'm loving these seyuus. They remind me Clannad cast. Houtarou is somehow like Tomoya and Satoshi like Sunohara. Lol, it's only my opinion.

This new chara is great - I really like her personality.

These illusions surprise me everytime when I see them. Will it be exactly explained?
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 354
I really like this episode. It made me laugh more than I was expecting myself to do so.

~oh, and whatever Chitanda was going to tell Oreki.... I'M CURIOUS! :3
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 593
this is great.
execellent episode
this sesaon is freakin awesome
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5015
Chitanda is a very interesting character and the production values were as good as the first episode. That's great slice-of-life/fantasy definitely and probably even the best of the season despite Sankarea and Tasogare Otome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Apr 30, 2012 10:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 902
Meh, still boring as hell.

I'm loving these seyuus. They remind me Clannad cast. Houtarou is somehow like Tomoya and Satoshi like Sunohara. Lol, it's only my opinion.

Duh?!
Maybe they remind you them because they are the same voice actors?
KyoAni is just being lazy here.
Famous voice actors+moe girls=recipe for success, even though the anime is still shit.
Now get angry at me :3
Modified by another_anon, Apr 30, 2012 11:01 AM
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 789
MorningGlory said:
Wow!! This was boring.I can't wait to watch the next.

now since when Eru share his phone number... oh dear, I think I am missing a few part of the episode .I must be half sleeping just now ..=.="

Japanese earthquake lvl 1, As if people care if its only lvl 1 lol


You're missing that the show already made a one month time skip already in the second episode.

I saw so many trolls everywhere. KyoAni fanboy is the one of the easiest to be trolled (although I am also a fanboy for KyoAni, lol)

Anyway, 2nd episode already showed a lot of promise for the thing that I'm expecting for...I guess I'll see many character developments here.
Since from the very beginning I just expect the mystery as the plot device, not the main dish.
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17119
draker said:
stuff


I think the reason people 'get mad' is because you say things like 'boring as hell', 'still shit', instead of just 'didn't like it'. But if you feel cool when people 'get mad' or something, then carry on.
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 153
maybe shes a wolf? Lol jking, this anime is staying on the realistic side... I hope.
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 397
Love Hotarou's imagination.. =D I just adore it! :))) My mind does the same thing, compare a situation to another situation metaphorically. Haha! But it is just amazing to see it all happen in concrete visual form here. Amazing! Just amazing!

I love the use of perspectives and foreshortening. They've really stretched the animation out and picked it up comically and intensely. :) Beautiful.

Haha! Satoshi has already made them a couple. :))) LMAO and he instigates Eru to push Hotarou further. =D

The "mystery" wasn't so much interesting, you could figure most of it out already. I was thinking that either they were looking at a specific picture since it was a "school history" book or else drawing something off of it, not the book itself though which turned out interesting. Chitanda gives a major clue everytime though with her heightened senses. Last time it was the sound, this time it was smell. Taste next? :)))

Well, the dialogues and the art and the characters keep me charged.
Lovin it! =D

ED... amazing art.. but weird... O.o Yet intriguing.
Fan service much?
_____ _ _ ______


Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 744
taterhead said:
My logic: Why will I spend time in an anime that didn't entertained me when there are millions of other interesting animes I haven't watched yet? Dropping is really normal and not wrong. Nobody who drops an anime by the episode 2 can judge the whole series, for sure, that's obvious. You guys pissed off doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, Karhu already said that on page 8.


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2493
BRSxIgnition said:
taterhead said:
My logic: Why will I spend time in an anime that didn't entertained me when there are millions of other interesting animes I haven't watched yet? Dropping is really normal and not wrong. Nobody who drops an anime by the episode 2 can judge the whole series, for sure, that's obvious. You guys pissed off doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, Karhu already said that on page 8.


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.

Still being people's opinions and habits. You won't change them and shouldn't get stressed by them. Yeah, only 24 minutes. But still, there are too many good animes I haven't and want to watch, so I rather use those 24 minutes in other stuff. This is me. You may not agree, but I don't really care.
Modified by taterhead, Apr 30, 2012 11:51 AM
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5432
taterhead said:
Still being people's opinions and habits. You won't change them and shouldn't get stressed by them. Yeah, only 24 minutes. But still, there too many good animes I haven't and want to watch, so I rather use those 24 minutes in other stuff. This is me. You may not agree, but I don't really care.

I really like your opinion on this one, you got it.
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
BRSxIgnition said:
taterhead said:
My logic: Why will I spend time in an anime that didn't entertained me when there are millions of other interesting animes I haven't watched yet? Dropping is really normal and not wrong. Nobody who drops an anime by the episode 2 can judge the whole series, for sure, that's obvious. You guys pissed off doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, Karhu already said that on page 8.


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.

Why do you even give a flying fuck what other people think? You're clearly wasting emotion on something that is completely trivial and doesn't even affect you in any way whatsoever.
 
Apr 30, 2012 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4930
Well, rewatched, now we're talking. It'ss interesting, Chitanda's got some weird charm about her you can't not like her, and those eyes. Visual effects are really good, especially with details like those shaking letters on menu card in Houtarou's imagination.
The peace is very slow so it was just a bad idea to watch it at night, tired as hell. However relaxed, it's very enjoyable and in no way boring.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 744
Wasabi said:
Why do you even give a flying fuck what other people think? You're clearly wasting emotion on something that is completely trivial and doesn't even affect you in any way whatsoever.


I know, I know - I'll shut up. I'm fine with watching stuff I like, and other people watching stuff they like. I just dislike it when people come here just to say "ZZzzzzzz Boring, dropped." Then again, those same people are probably trolling.

Either way, I don't plan to pay too much attention to it anymore.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2092
Another boring ep.

 
Apr 30, 2012 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17007
Was anyone else disappointed to the answer about the history book mystery/question? Cause I sure as hell was.

Though I still enjoyed the episode overall.
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
Wasabi said:
BRSxIgnition said:
taterhead said:
My logic: Why will I spend time in an anime that didn't entertained me when there are millions of other interesting animes I haven't watched yet? Dropping is really normal and not wrong. Nobody who drops an anime by the episode 2 can judge the whole series, for sure, that's obvious. You guys pissed off doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, Karhu already said that on page 8.


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.

Why do you even give a flying fuck what other people think? You're clearly wasting emotion on something that is completely trivial and doesn't even affect you in any way whatsoever.
I agree to this. Time is precious and being angry at personal opinions is pointless.

I too wish people would follow my guidelines. 12 episode series before drop get to episode 4 or 6. 24 episodes get to 6 or 12 at least. To give time and assess if the elements are good or not in general.

Sadly everyone is different and I respect them for it. Now in terms of this anime series. Rushing it would be bad so my general consensus on this is to give it AT LEAST one more episode or 2. Then drop it. IT'S SLOW PEOPLE! Give it at least some time even if you don't have much of it in life. Sometimes it's just plain a bitch to miss out and I think MOE + Mystery in a rather different perspective would be sad to miss out considering it's fresh.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 744
Yumekichi11 said:
I too wish people would follow my guidelines. 12 episode series before drop get to episode 4 or 6. 24 episodes get to 6 or 12 at least. To give time and assess if the elements are good or not in general.

Sadly everyone is different and I respect them for it. Now in terms of this anime series. Rushing it would be bad so my general consensus on this is to give it AT LEAST one more episode or 2. Then drop it. IT'S SLOW PEOPLE! Give it at least some time even if you don't have much of it in life. Sometimes it's just plain a bitch to miss out and I think MOE + Mystery in a rather different perspective would be sad to miss out considering it's fresh.


This, this this, 1 million x this! Thank you~!
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1056
Nice ED!
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 404

I'm loving these seyuus. They remind me Clannad cast. Houtarou is somehow like Tomoya and Satoshi like Sunohara. Lol, it's only my opinion.

Duh?!
Maybe they remind you them because they are the same voice actors?
KyoAni is just being lazy here.
Famous voice actors+moe girls=recipe for success, even though the anime is still shit.
Now get angry at me :3

Yup, that's it. This is what I meant.

if you ask me, there's still nothing very interesting - it's almost the same like first episode. Only graphic worth of attention - nothing else so far.
I hope that It will be better. It should be better.
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:41 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 81
I hope the more important mysteries aren't as anticlimactic as in Gosick. The dialogue and interactions between the characters, particularly the way body language is animated, is still very impressive. I hope the series will develop depth as it goes along, thankfully it seems as though it is heading in that direction.

I'm not sure what to make of the ending; some instances of very good animation there.
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 270
I think the characters are really awkward. Like their relationship, I thought they would be more friendly with eachother ala Clannad, but maybe it will build up. Also the main guy pisses me off with his laziness. Well i suppose it will get better.
 
Apr 30, 2012 12:55 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 81
Rozziu said:

Yup, that's it. This is what I meant.

if you ask me, there's still nothing very interesting - it's almost the same like first episode. Only graphic worth of attention - nothing else so far.
I hope that It will be better. It should be better.

In my opinion it probably will. Getting better as the series progresses seems to be a thing with KyoAni. Lucky Star and Nichjou gradually improved as more characters and more complex situations were introduced. After Story and K-On!! were arguably better than their preceding seasons.

EDIT: Bungaku Shoujo (2006-2011), Hyouka (2001-2010)
Just thought I'd dispel that before random arguments started popping up.
Modified by Gridfire, Apr 30, 2012 1:05 PM
 
Apr 30, 2012 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
wakka9ca said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Agreed; people like this piss me off also; they are judging the entire series on two episodes T_T;

People can drop all they want. What usually piss people off is that some people try to start a flame war by posting how they hated the episode and announce that they dropped it knowing perfectly that the fans will start a rage/bashing war.

It degrades the forums. The fact that the fans are taking the bait is not helping either. It can also go both ways. Fans have to understand that some other people can also be pissed about the fan's defensive attitude towards a series. If you turn that argument over, you can say that there is only 10% of the series so fans should stop praising it like it's the best thing they have seen in their life.

Also, if the second episode is boring enough, a tip for some viewers with a life: you can drop it and wait until more episodes come out and see how the series play out before deciding to watch it or not. You don't have to be following this on a weekly basis to be disappointed at the end. Fans and haters should respect each other but by definition, of course they don't.

which goes back to your sig quote.
sometimes, in their love for a show, they forget that they are easy targets for trolling.


 
Apr 30, 2012 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
glitchhunter said:
I CAN'T SIT THROUGH THIS ANYMORE I AM GOING TO DIE OF BOREDOM.

I'm outta here~

ur set makes this quote much more funnier
BRSxIgnition said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I too wish people would follow my guidelines. 12 episode series before drop get to episode 4 or 6. 24 episodes get to 6 or 12 at least. To give time and assess if the elements are good or not in general.

Sadly everyone is different and I respect them for it. Now in terms of this anime series. Rushing it would be bad so my general consensus on this is to give it AT LEAST one more episode or 2. Then drop it. IT'S SLOW PEOPLE! Give it at least some time even if you don't have much of it in life. Sometimes it's just plain a bitch to miss out and I think MOE + Mystery in a rather different perspective would be sad to miss out considering it's fresh.


This, this this, 1 million x this! Thank you~!

you know what they could also do??
they could wait until this finishes airing, so than they can stfu and marathon or drop it when no one cares anymore.

if you have a rule for how you will drop animes yada yada, go follow it. but if ppl think their going to be upset and unsatisfied about watching it, they should just not watch it at all (though its pretty ironic saying this, since i somehow got myself to watch nazo kanajo X, even though i knew i wasn't gonna like this drool stuff, though that anime is a whole different issue)

TL;DR go watch somthing else until this finishes.


 
Apr 30, 2012 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 100
And suddenly, first episode was redeemed.
Also, DAT ED!
 
Apr 30, 2012 2:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2214
man, Chitanda is really irritating.
 
Apr 30, 2012 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1348
BRSxIgnition said:


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.


And I'm watching 20 right now. 20 x 24 = 480. That's 8 hours per week to dedicate to anime, that's a lot. I'm considering dropping Hyouka too to free up some of that time. Every other series this season, even bloody Hiiro no Kakera, gave its best in its first episode, because this season is frankly FANTASTIC. Why didn't Hyouka? It's beautiful, yes, but the writing is incredibly dull.

I usually use the 20% rule to decide whether something is good (that is 4 episodes for Hyouka), but... huge season. I'm not really sure what to do.
 
Apr 30, 2012 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 401
I was hoping for something terrible here. Those chromatic aberrations are fucking awful. I hated it in Rinne no lagrange too, it's really annoying. Not to mention those shots that look like they came from Shaft. I know Bakemonogatari and Madoka was successful, but KyoAni shouldn't copy their style, it simply doesn't look well in a KyoAni production, even if it's mystery. The backgrounds and the animation is nice as expected (Too bad this budget could have financed Little Busters instead, but that's not something I should rant about here). The character designs are like from K-on! I'm not really happy about it either.

What I'm really happy about is the choice of voice actors though. I was really afraid to meet Aki Toyosaki (her voice irks me to no end for some reason), it was really funny to see Nakamura Yuuichi and Sakaguchi Daisuke playing good friends together. Eru is cute, but shes nothing more than that for now. Hotarou feels like some weird amalgamation of Tomoya, Kyon and Sherlock Holmes. Satoshi kinda feels like a toned down Sunohara to me.

Anyways the story started out slow with introducing the characters, but it feels like another slice of life show with some mystery elements. But at least we have some male characters for now. While the story itself looked boring in the first episode, I liked the show's atmosphere and I'M CURIOUS (sorry for the pun) how this will turn out. I just hope the show won't ruin its premise like AnoHana did.

The OP and and the overall soundtrack looks nice for now.

One thing is for sure: Trolls, fanboyism, haters and whiteknighting will dominate all the discussions of the show, since it's from KyoAni and it has the K-on! designs. Anyone who participates in them should feel bad. Sora no Woto turned out to be fine too in the end. I will give this one a chance, but I have absolutely no expectations this time for the show.
 
Apr 30, 2012 2:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1291
draker said:
Duh?!
Maybe they remind you them because they are the same voice actors?
KyoAni is just being lazy here.
Famous voice actors+moe girls=recipe for success, even though the anime is still shit.
Now get angry at me :3
LMAO, now you're just mocking trolls.

"Hey, I'm a hungry troll, feed me!"

Kundalini said:
Love Hotarou's imagination.. =D I just adore it! :))) My mind does the same thing, compare a situation to another situation metaphorically. Haha! But it is just amazing to see it all happen in concrete visual form here. Amazing! Just amazing!
I've done that too, it's quite amusing.
Kundalini said:
Haha! Satoshi has already made them a couple. :))) LMAO and he instigates Eru to push Hotarou further. =D
I think you misunderstood (or maybe I did). I believe he was referring jokingly to Oreki and Ibara, which got the latter slightly pissed.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
 
Apr 30, 2012 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
I am officially loving this anime, the mood that this has is great and very relaxing. And I <3 Eri, she really makes this fun to watch along with Houtaro plus shes so cute. Haha the way Houtaro keeps on trying to escape but Eri is always there to stop him with her brilliant eyes. Lol at her just nonstop shoving the book in front of his eyes, god damn she's freaking irresistible. And that outfit on her at the end looks really nice.

The whole attitude of everything being just troublesome is win. Haha Satoshi is messing with him as well.

Looks like the real plot is about to start with the main mystery coming up.
 
Apr 30, 2012 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1948
Thoughts about Hyouka in general:

1. Gorgeous eyes.

2. Talk 24/4, it's Bakemonogatari without the wittiness.

3. I really like Houtaro.

Thoughts about this second episode:

HNNNNNNNNGH
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

 
Apr 30, 2012 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4114
Based on the comments I'm glad I skipped from page one to page ten without reading in between. I will agree that this is an exceptional season and there are a lot of currently airing shows I'm following, but of the 25+ on the list, the only one I'd consider dropping or putting on hold is one continuing from last season (Mouretsu Pirates). I'll invoke the Madoka rule here: never drop a show until after the third episode
because in a well made show you might have been totally misled. (note that this is different from those shows where they pull the ending out of their ass and go in an entirely different direction the last episode or so).

Why is this a 21 episode show? My guess (and hope) is that the creators have a story which takes 21 episodes to tell, without fillers, spurious beach episodes, or an unneccessary trip to the hot springs. We'll see as the plot unfolds, but at this point I am curious to see what Eru's mystery is, and why she needs help in solving it.

Another three or four episodes and the comment traffic will have dropped off as some of the haters stop watching the show. However I'm sure that the most annoying ones will continue to post even after they have ceased watching (and will not be shy about announcing that fact to us).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

 
Apr 30, 2012 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 411
Kiraly said:
BRSxIgnition said:


I am currently watching 15 anime on a weekly basis. You cannot have such a large "currently watching" section that you don't have an extra 24 minutes per week to sit and watch this show.

We are pissed off that people are blowing this off as boring, when it hasn't even reached the beginning of the plot/synopsis yet. It is 21 episodes, not 12. It will take time to set up the characters, plot, and setting before jumping into all the mysteries like you seem to want so much.

It's like sitting behind a plate glass window, and seeing people pass by a free $100,000-value diamond ring, without them using the opportunity to accept it. It's aggravating to watch, especially when people metaphorically shit on it too.


And I'm watching 20 right now. 20 x 24 = 480. That's 8 hours per week to dedicate to anime, that's a lot. I'm considering dropping Hyouka too to free up some of that time. Every other series this season, even bloody Hiiro no Kakera, gave its best in its first episode, because this season is frankly FANTASTIC. Why didn't Hyouka? It's beautiful, yes, but the writing is incredibly dull.

I usually use the 20% rule to decide whether something is good (that is 4 episodes for Hyouka), but... huge season. I'm not really sure what to do.


Couldn't you just put it on hold and wait till it finishes instead of dropping it? o_O Dropping something because you're watching too many other things isn't a good reason to drop something imo.
 
Apr 30, 2012 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 618
we continue to have a rapid growth of elitist anime viewer wannabes in this era
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
 
Apr 30, 2012 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17119
AmberFebruary said:
we continue to have a rapid growth of elitist anime viewer wannabes in this era


How can someone be a wannabe elitist anime viewer? Is that like, being bad at telling people what they watch sucks?
 
Apr 30, 2012 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1129
This has to be one of the dullest shows I've ever watched.

What the fuck KyoAni.
Ok™
 
Apr 30, 2012 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 153
This shit works better than Nyquil.
 
Top
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »