Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2012 1:02 PM
Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBARASHIIII

best episode so far
Jul 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Feb 2012
Epic episode OoO

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 15, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
Best episode ever, so many surprises, I couldn't believe it *.*
Aug 15, 2013 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
That was awesome, just what i was craving for :D
Aug 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Apr 2011
best shit ever.. holy mother of god the twists.. I love it. This is completely amazing and everything I want to see... Please.. More.
Aug 30, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2012
PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE!!!! Definitely a freaking awesome episode indeed. That felt more like 30 minutes than 2 hours. I laughed so much when Hattori and Shinichi took off their masks at the same time. After so many twists happened in a row, I expected Akai to come save everyone. Ran's appearance was definitely a surprise though! Props to her for saving Ai. Yukiko is so adorable like usual! :)

Saving this for my future DC rewatch schedule haha. Definite rewatch!
Oct 9, 2013 8:41 AM
Apr 2011
Oh my goodness mind blown!!!!! I actually really love Vermouth! Great character. This is what I love about long animes, there is a lot of build up but when shit goes down it is so epic!
Oct 27, 2013 7:20 PM
Sep 2013
mayukachan said:
PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE!!!!..I laughed so much when Hattori and Shinichi took off their masks at the same time. After so many twists happened in a row, I expected Akai to come save everyone.

HAHAHAHAH! I remember watching this one.
Dec 3, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2010
A pretty good special, a lot of twists and answered some questions. The one of Chris Vineyard really being her mother was probably my favorite twist. I had remembered the one about Araide sensei from my last watch of the series but the Vineyard one totally caught me off guard. It was also a nice themed case with the ship.
It also looks like Vermouth is planning on keeping her mouth shut about the identities of them.

Now for my criticisms. For one they didn't have much evidence on the wolf man. Just because he drank a drink that went against his character they're acting like it's evidence. But I will say I liked his motive though, being forced to by the black organization. Never had a murder like that before. And two Haibara, really Conan just let her come, left her in a room where she could get out, knew that she would try to use the glasses. And we knew she would be there, of course. But then she just waltz up to the bad people and gets Conan caught. She's almost worse than Genta. Usually she's all shaking and crying and this time she just walks right up.
Dec 7, 2013 2:31 PM
Sep 2013
I really loved that special!!!I often watch this episode thinking I might find any new clue about the serie... I was wondering why Vermouth didn´t say anything about Jodie´s mother. I mean Jodie could escape from the fire because she did go out to buy juice for her dad because her mother wasn´t feeling good...but Vermouth only mentioned that the bones of her father were found and didn´t say "the bones of your parents" ....perhaps it was´t worth mentioning but still!!

Anyway it´s one of my favourite episodes!!
Jan 13, 2014 10:06 PM
Jul 2013
Just watched this last night just wow a lot of twists i was up all night watching it and re watching parts first off the vermouth being vineyard caught me really good and so did the aradei sens i one as well i had got a little suspicious tho as they would call him in past episodes and would be like oh yea hes probably just busy with his trial coming up still caught me good and even the Jodie sens i character got me as well they played the characters very well hope the series continues on like this
Jun 3, 2014 1:23 AM

Jul 2008
Holy shit!!!

First of Heiji as Kudo was brilliant, I thought he had taken the drug again.

And Vermouth...she was Sharon and Chris and the old man shooter and doesn't age. Oh and let's not forget Araide, I knew something was up with him but still did not see it. Why would she decide to keep the secret though, doesn't make sense to me.

So Jodie is FBI and so is Akai? I had Akai pegged as one of them.

And also let's not forget we had a showdown between Mouri and Kudo!!! Granted it was still Heiji but still we don't get that often enough.

Such a worthwhile episode....but now we are back to square one again DAMN IT!!!
Jun 27, 2014 4:20 AM

May 2011
Although I watched this episode a long time ago, yet I was shocked a lot of times. what I only remember was Conan being Haibara, and Kudo being Hattori, apart from these twistes, I was really surprised.

Now everything become clear, Jodie is FBI so as Akai. I thought they're from the black org.

It's pretty clear why vermouth choose to remain silence, she like/respect or love Shinshi, that's what I felt.

I think Ran went though too much recently, Lol, I wonder how Conan will explain all of these strange things to her, Conan is pretty suspicious in her eyes.

Tch, I wanted to see Calvados Lol It's strange that we didn't have the chance to see his face :/
Jul 11, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Damn it, this episode would have been even better, if I didn't spoil myself about Jodie beforehand :c
Aug 1, 2014 5:40 AM

Dec 2011
I'm watching this for the third time and that's why i love detective conan....epic episode wit lots of twist and action.
Shinichi sure is a really smart kid and he always has intelligent plan
Aug 2, 2014 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit! Soo much happened in this episode. I had a feeling that Jodie was a good person but I also thought that she was the actress chick, thus making her a mole in the black organisation....I also knew that the mummy dude was Kudo...thats why I lost my shit when he was revealed to be Heiji! Probably the best episode so far.
Sep 12, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was soo good! I really did not expect Ran to come flying out of the trunk. That was pretty awesome.

It will be weird going back to the normal episodes after something this good. I really hope the manga ends soon.
Sep 17, 2014 6:52 AM

Feb 2010
Just rewatched this because... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULDN'T I REWATCH THIS FROM TIME TO TIME??... Basically.

Still an absolutely amazing episode.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Dec 17, 2014 9:28 PM
May 2014
amazing
Jan 2, 2015 9:16 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode, dem plot twists. 10/10 episode. Just as when I was starting to get bored of DC after getting through so many uninteresting episodes.....
I am a human.
Apr 10, 2015 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
best episode everr!!
Jun 23, 2015 5:23 PM

Nov 2014
Man, what a crazy good episode!

Aug 11, 2015 12:44 PM
May 2013
shiawase_jpg said:
Damn it, this episode would have been even better, if I didn't spoil myself about Jodie beforehand :c
and Araide D:

Epic episode it gave me a headache, I can't handle this many plot twits .

This is turning into a harem , slowly but steadily .
I'm shipping for Shinichi x Vermouth , I mean the good guy and the bad girl .
Dec 24, 2015 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode. There are way too many role reversals, but the plot twist really took me by surprise.
Feb 8, 2016 2:02 AM

Jan 2012
Very good stuff, as expected. I'm a big fan of horror stuff so I enjoyed the "filler" case there, and the main course regarding Vermouth was great. I was wondering why she refused to kill Ran, seeing her as her angel. I didn't expect she was that killer Ran saved back in New York. Damnit though Haibara, if you hadn't shown up Conan woulda very likely won right there! Well it can't be that easy of course. Lots more to go, I'm not even halfway into what's available yet!
Jul 3, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2016
This is easily one of the best episodes in the series. So much epicness. Twists upon twists. Showdowns upon showdowns. It's going to be really hard to go back to just regular episodes after something as epic as all of that.
Jan 25, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2015
This was a really great movie-length episode, up until the point Ran jumped out of the trunk and somehow avoided being hit by 7 or 8 bullets shot by a professional hitman... Typically the kind of shit that takes me out of a movie instantly.
The end about Vermouth being disguised as the serial killer was also pretty farfetched. Getting purposefully surrounded by myriads of cops does not strike me as a good way to "lure someone out" as she said... And I feel the author could've come up with a reason involving Shinichi's mother as an excuse for Vermouth to leave him alive. But w/e.

Finally, her last sentence mentioning Conan being "the Organization's long-awaited silver bullet" makes me think she's not completely in sync with the Organization's plans. I can get behind that to justify why she'll keep Conan and Haibara's indentities a secret.
Sep 28, 2017 5:33 AM
Nov 2014
That was fucking epic. Definitely one of the best episodes in the series so far. So many plot twist in a short time. My only complaint was the araide twist. Because I actually liked him and he wasn't even there in the first place :(
Oct 6, 2017 8:06 AM
Aug 2014
That was a frustrating episode. Suddenly everyone is a master of disguise. The Vermouth reveal was really unsatisfying. Zero reason for her to impersonate the doctor. Not a single patient found out? And why did she kill the doctors mother?

Calvados can shoot a gun out of someone's hand, but when trying to kill someone he can't aim for shit. And the reveal that Conan saved Vermouth is taking all these coincidences too far.
Oct 30, 2017 8:20 AM
Oct 2017
Best, best episode ever!!! Plot twists and reversals left, right and centre. Akai shuichi is my favourite character. He is real alpha male and is better at fighting than anyone else in the entire series. I really wish that we see more of him in the future.
Dec 7, 2017 1:57 PM
Dec 2017
Hello, i Really do have some questions about this Overall very Good Episode.

First of all i didn't understand Why vermouth organized the Party at the Ship in the First Place??? Sending the letter to shinichi, but adressing it to conan meant that she already knew that conan and shinichi are the same person. If she wanted to Split conan from haibara, she still would have been forced to deal with professor agasa, so that's no reasoning for the party!!!

And why did conan care about the party anyway, even to the Point where he extra called heiji for help? I mean he already knew that vermouth will try to kidnap haibara.

Why did heiji disguise as shinichi? I just can't find any reason to how that contributed to conan's plan.

Last but not least: Why did she invite shinichi and Mouri And told Vodka to observe the party? Did she try to lure shinichi out although she appereantly knew his Secret anyway and kept conan's True identity a Secret in the end anyway???

Lots of questions regarding the Ship part and the Overall reasoning of vermouth to organize that party.

I Hope i overlooked the answer to these questions auf that you guys Can end my headache!!!
Dec 8, 2017 8:50 PM
May 2017
Maroof-Gmbh said:

First of all i didn't understand Why vermouth organized the Party at the Ship in the First Place??? Sending the letter to shinichi, but adressing it to conan meant that she already knew that conan and shinichi are the same person. If she wanted to Split conan from haibara, she still would have been forced to deal with professor agasa, so that's no reasoning for the party!!!

And why did conan care about the party anyway, even to the Point where he extra called heiji for help? I mean he already knew that vermouth will try to kidnap haibara.

Why did heiji disguise as shinichi? I just can't find any reason to how that contributed to conan's plan.

Last but not least: Why did she invite shinichi and Mouri And told Vodka to observe the party? Did she try to lure shinichi out although she appereantly knew his Secret anyway and kept conan's True identity a Secret in the end anyway???

Lots of questions regarding the Ship part and the Overall reasoning of vermouth to organize that party.

I Hope i overlooked the answer to these questions auf that you guys Can end my headache!!!

I will answer your question to the best of my knowledge of this episode. From what I remember vermouth had the boat party to lure conan and the main cast away from haibara, she needed everyone gone to get haibara to come out and Agasa wouldn't really be able to do much even if he knew at the time (I can't remember if he did or not).
Conan cared about the boat party because he wanted to make sure everyone who went was safe, which meant he wanted heiji to go instead of Shinichi so be could protect haibara, mislead vodka in thinkin Shinichi is still dead and face off with vermouth.
Heiji disguised as Shinichi because technically Shinichi was invited not Heiji (if i remember that correctly maybe both were), and Conan needed him to be Shinichi to make vermouth unaware that haibara wasn't haibara.
She wanted Shinichi and Mouri there to be away from haibara, in doing so she needed Vodka to look over the boat party to kill someone if needed. She is implied to know that Conan and Shinichi are the same person and was hoping to get him away from Haibara to kidnap her, and she is keeping his identity a secret from the organization because she feels indebted to him for saving her life, maybe something to do with Yukiko, or (this my own theory) she isn't completely evil and wants to see if Conan can actually bring down the organization and she will possibly help him later on if it looks like he will be successful. I hope this helped you.
Dec 8, 2017 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
Pichufreak100 said:
Maroof-Gmbh said:

I will answer your question to the best of my knowledge of this episode. From what I remember vermouth had the boat party to lure conan and the main cast away from haibara, she needed everyone gone to get haibara to come out and Agasa wouldn't really be able to do much even if he knew at the time (I can't remember if he did or not).
Conan cared about the boat party because he wanted to make sure everyone who went was safe, which meant he wanted heiji to go instead of Shinichi so be could protect haibara, mislead vodka in thinkin Shinichi is still dead and face off with vermouth.
Heiji disguised as Shinichi because technically Shinichi was invited not Heiji (if i remember that correctly maybe both were), and Conan needed him to be Shinichi to make vermouth unaware that haibara wasn't haibara.
She wanted Shinichi and Mouri there to be away from haibara, in doing so she needed Vodka to look over the boat party to kill someone if needed. She is implied to know that Conan and Shinichi are the same person and was hoping to get him away from Haibara to kidnap her, and she is keeping his identity a secret from the organization because she feels indebted to him for saving her life, maybe something to do with Yukiko, or (this my own theory) she isn't completely evil and wants to see if Conan can actually bring down the organization and she will possibly help him later on if it looks like he will be successful. I hope this helped you.

Thank you very much!!! That Confirms my assumptions and makes for the Most part a lot of sense :D (they didn't mention those explanations specifically)
Tbh though it still is weird to me, because the professor could have just driven haibara to the Hospital if he didn't Wait in the Forest, but i guess vermouth was more confident in dealing with him than with shinichi.
So again Thank you for you're very helpful answer!
Maroof-GmbhDec 8, 2017 9:37 PM
Mar 5, 2019 1:49 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
best ep so far really loved it

Mar 26, 2019 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
During the first one hour, I was like "meeh this is getting annoying, another unnecessary murder, i need more BO stuff." But second part was absolutely wicked. Some huge pieces are brought together. That revelations about Vermouth was shocking.

Wish there could be more Gin scenes though, that guy still is a complete mystery. At least we learnt he doesnt remember the names and faces of the people he killed but of course, this info alone doesnt feel enough at all after all these years. Also, that would be nice to see Calvados' face too. That Akai just assuming he commited suicide was not realistic.

That the murderer, which Shinchi and Ran encountered in New York was actually Vermouth, was really unexpected. This brings so many questions. Besides, thanks to them saved her ass back in New York, Vermouth kept Conan alive despite having a clear chance to kill or hostage him. Well, I didn't really like that part much. So many BO members have already been assassinated due to their questionable loyalty/uselessness/knowing too many things. So naturally we, the watchers of the anime, is expecting the remaining members of the organisation to be the real, cruel, smartest, callous ones. But seems like Vermouth is not black enough. It would have been much nicer to see if Conan could find a way out and run away instead.
ember-moonMar 27, 2019 9:53 AM
Mar 27, 2019 12:13 AM

May 2018
bulk_density said:
But seems like Vermouth is not black enough. It would have been much nicer to see if Conan could find a way out and run away instead.

Vermouth being not as murderous as Gin and having her own agenda which is a bit different than BO's is a plot point not just convenience for the MC.
May 10, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Epic and mind blowing.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Sep 28, 2019 5:26 PM
Aug 2019
Loooooovvvvvveeeeddd iiiit but I'm curious on one thing though.. is this canon?
Sep 30, 2019 11:50 PM

May 2018
Kdranime said:
is this canon?

Yes it is.
You can see here - https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anime .
All episodes that don't have "TV Original" in the "Manga source" column are canon.

Also the 21-th movie - The Crimson Love Letter.
Recently the manga confirmed that the events in it are canon.
(Most of the movies are non canon but sometimes give hints about canonic stuff.)
alshuSep 30, 2019 11:54 PM
Mar 1, 2020 11:56 AM

May 2015
It was a fantastic episode. Yeah the POV kept switching a lot but that made the puzzle all the more interesting to piece together. Hopefully in the future Conan will actually corner the Black Organization. He got so close but outsmarted by Vermouth.
Sep 3, 2020 11:31 PM
Oct 2016
Amazing episode!

The murder part was a bit flaky though. Are you really going to tell me it all hinged on

- a magic sleeping gas that strong enough to knock somebody out in a non-enclosed bathroom stall, but not strong enough to knock out the person who released it or others in the same bathroom?
- Somebody not realizing that they are wearing a giant mask containing a microphone, a speaker, a transmitter, a reciever, big enough to cover a tie, and not even brush against it while drinking a cocktail
- glass not getting brushed off of shoes when running all about a ship, climbing rope but getting brushed off when standing on wood

Pretty weak murder, but the pacing and reveals were great for the rest of the episode!
May 12, 2021 11:38 PM

Jan 2016
What a crazy episode this was! So much to unpack here. I freaking knew the bandaged person pretending to be Shinichi was actually Heiji, but when he removed his bandages I got tricked again into thinking it was actually Shinichi.
The Vermouth twist and Jodie twist was insane. The fact that they looked so similar in the dark scenes got us good. I knew Dr.Araide has something to do with this because they put him in the OP and it literally gave it away which was so stupid for the anime producers to do, but I guess the twist was that this wasn’t the real Araide. And ofc Conan, Haibara and Ran all were unconscious during the important parts and half the things that happened won’t be seen by them which irks me. *Also remember kids, you can’t trust anyone now because they could all be Vermouth.*

Anyway, idk how I can go back to the average murder episodes now. I need more canon plot!

Oct 16, 2021 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, no way the guy wouldn't notice the werewolf mask.
But besides the not-so-great reasoning from the ship murder, really good episode!
removed-userOct 16, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 5, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2020
Really awesome chills all around
Mar 16, 2022 11:41 PM
Feb 2022
El mwjor especial de todos
Mar 21, 2022 7:22 AM
Jun 2020
Holy hell that plot twists are amazing. Didn't expect anything at all.
I thought I knew who's who but no.... what an amazing episode. The best one so far
May 12, 2022 8:01 PM

Nov 2021
HOLY MOLY PEPEEONI!! That was a lot to take! I was wrong all this time.
I genuinely thought Ms. Jodie and Vermouthwhatsoever are the same people!! I was so sure about that! and apart from that, Ms. Jodie is an FBI agent! Never thought of that. I was right about The dude being related to Ms. Jodie but not like that. They are both agents!

To defeat a huge organization, u need help from lots of people and I am glad Conan asked for help. Heiji being disguised had me surprised. Cuz I thought Conan took a pill...
So many twists! had me wth for seconds!

Sep 10, 2022 8:53 AM
Apr 2015
biggest early development
Sep 17, 2022 11:26 AM
Aug 2022
This is the best Black Organization episode I've ever watched!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

3 by Ranxomare »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.