Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2012 12:35 AM

Sep 2011
Fate/Zero Never Failed To Amuse Me. >)

Linkark07 said:

Yeah. Where In The World Is That Gem. I Believe Tokiomi Gave That Gem Directly To Rin. :|

I Was Expecting For That But It Didn't Happen And It's Replace To A Fucking Book.

Apr 29, 2012 12:49 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, that was great. I knew he was going to betray Tokiomi sooner or later but the execution of it was fantastic. He's one of the few antagonists in anime that are truly interesting and exciting, probably more than any other character in the show aside from Rider and the King of Heroes himself. This is getting more and more interesting, can't wait to see how the final battle will play out as it draws closer.
Apr 29, 2012 1:08 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode, from build-up to the great finale, from sounds&music to direction, the whole episode was on another level. Can't understand why people complain about the lack of action when there are such intellectual conversations and decent plot-development etc. Anyway, the series is around my "10 points radar" for the time being. Moreover, it's only getting better and better!
Apr 29, 2012 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
Finally.
We just got Kotomine Kirei in all his glory.
Apr 29, 2012 2:54 AM
May 2009
why everybody thinks that he gave he the jewel ?
pic from F/SN novel, last memory of father
http://oi48.tinypic.com/mu8v0i.jpg
Apr 29, 2012 2:56 AM

Sep 2007
Hehe, that smirk kinda looked like Alucard's... fitting, since the seiyuu is the same after all
Apr 29, 2012 3:01 AM

Mar 2009
Kirei is...terrifying. I'd hate to be in Kiritsugu's shoes right now. I don't think he was expecting this turn of events.

Great stuff as usual. Not as good as last week's; though, I wasn't expecting it to be. Tokiomi's ultimate demise at the hands of Kirei is something most of us have been anticipating for quite some time. The series never tried to hide this from us obviously, so much so that I wonder if I would have enjoyed it more had it been a little less foreshadowed. Perhaps it would have been more shocking? I don't know. Still, it was inevitable and the entire scene was directed very well. As always, Urobuchi's dialogue for Kirei and Gilgamesh is some of his best work.

On a side note, I can't exactly say I understand why Kirei wanted to kill his own father. Looking through this thread, a few posts mentioned that he was crying over his father's body in the original light novel(too bad it was omitted here), so perhaps the anime didn't make this clear enough? Was he scornful toward him because his father never understood him?

Alas...the agonizing wait for next Saturday begins again. =(
Apr 29, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2012
Zeulg said:
why everybody thinks that he gave he the jewel ?
pic from F/SN novel, last memory of father
http://oi48.tinypic.com/mu8v0i.jpg

because of deen's messed up adaptation
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 3:51 AM

Jan 2012
Saber's got herself a motorcycle and she looks so cool with it and the suit.

Now Kotomine seems much more dangerous than I originally thought that will be Tokiomi.

Apr 29, 2012 4:48 AM

Apr 2010
Tokiomi's death didn't came as a surprise at all and it went so easily it's almost disappointing to watch he didn't even have his guard up and supplied the weapon for his own death.
And poor Rin will be deluded for a long time now believing that the one training her helped her father.
This also renders the pact Irysviel and Tokioma made useless.
Apr 29, 2012 5:05 AM

Oct 2010
Best episode so far I think. I prefer the heavy dialogue episodes a lot more than the action ones.
Anyway, I just noticed I totally love Gilgamesh's design for some reason. The detail on his pants is fabulous tbf.
Apr 29, 2012 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
I have a question for the other LN readers:Did they change the end of Maiya's line in the anime or was there a translation error?From what I can hear Maiya say I think that the translation is correct.So was it a mistake in the LN?

ssjokgApr 29, 2012 5:17 AM
Apr 29, 2012 5:44 AM

May 2009
Despite the fact that Tohsaka's death was not surprising as Gilgamesh was already leading Kirei up to it, and it was only a matter of time when Kirei decided to betray, what was scary or creepy was the sudden change in Kirei who turned from sideline self-exploration to cruel offense. I mean, that expression was... eek. Gave me the heebiejeebies.

Yeah, obviously Gilgamesh and Kirei do make a better pair. Let's see what their strategy entails.

Iri's gonna die soon? Baw...
Saber on bike! Yeeehaw!! =D

Well.. looks like the killing spree is just starting now that Kirei is in the game in full force..
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 29, 2012 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
When you get backstab by Kirei it doesn't happen just metaphorically.

Kirei saved the life of Kariya in a previous episode. I believe he did it for entertainment because he probably thought it would have been fun seeing him annoying Tokiomi again but now that things changed and he had to kill Tokiomi, Kariya might end up becoming a big obstacle to him.

Tokiomi may seem pathetic to some but he was actually quite perfect. His problem ended up being having an arrogant servant that wants to be amused. In a way the flawed one was actually Gilgamesh. Tokiomi was a machine at doing what he set out to do and probably getting back-stabbed and betrayed like that was the only way to lose.
Because of his perfection in magic duties and machine like logic he seemed boring to Gilgamesh that in a way initiated the whole betrayal.
For Gilgamesh entertainment seems to be more important than effectiveness. Besides is not like it's his wish that will get realized so why would he care about getting the grail that much if there is no amusement in it.

Hakuromatsu said:
It still irks me to see Tokiomi behave that way with Rin after what he did to Sakura. I can't even say he got what was coming to him by being killed by Kirei; I would've rather Kariya be the one to kill him.

I don't think his behavior has to do anything with simple parent love. His obsessed with magic. His affection for her is probably more as a future magician member of the family.
MonadApr 29, 2012 6:10 AM
Apr 29, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:

For Gilgamesh entertainment seems to be more important than effectiveness. Besides is not like it's his wish that will get realized so why would he care about getting the grail that much if there is no amusement in it.

yeah that's the reason he sucks in FSN.Even Shirou defeated him.If Gilgamesh was serious we would have won both wars.
Apr 29, 2012 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Saber's got a motorcycle! Looking cool

Bet Kirei's going to go after Irisviel soon
Apr 29, 2012 7:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tokiomi lacked the malice to come thorugh in this war.

Has the backstory of Kotomine and the Einzberns been explained? I feel I'm missing something here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2012 7:47 AM

Nov 2010
Kirei is so ebil
Not that much action with all the conversations, but still good to watch
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 AM

Aug 2011
Kirei's such a badass.
Apr 29, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
Marzan said:
Tokiomi lacked the malice to come thorugh in this war.

Has the backstory of Kotomine and the Einzberns been explained? I feel I'm missing something here.

Iri refers to what happened when Kotomine attacked her and Maiya during season 1.She just used her family's name to persuade Tokiomi.Tokiomi never learnt what happened in the forest
ssjokgApr 29, 2012 7:57 AM
Apr 29, 2012 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode. While I saw it coming all the way, still it was nicely executed.

I cannot join in these conversations because it is no more an Anime Discussion Thread. I hope MAL had a VN discussion thread.

Anyways.

5/5 for this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 29, 2012 8:20 AM

Feb 2012
Monad said:
Hakuromatsu said:
It still irks me to see Tokiomi behave that way with Rin after what he did to Sakura. I can't even say he got what was coming to him by being killed by Kirei; I would've rather Kariya be the one to kill him.

I don't think his behavior has to do anything with simple parent love. His obsessed with magic. His affection for her is probably more as a future magician member of the family.

And that's exactly why it bothers me.

I love Tokiomi as a character, and as a magus, but not as a human being.
Apr 29, 2012 8:24 AM

May 2010
Kirei finally showed his true face !!
Apr 29, 2012 9:01 AM

Jan 2011
Another perfect episode.
Strayed from the LN a little bit but still executed perfectly.
Kiritsugu's back story is next. Should be perfect.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Apr 29, 2012 9:32 AM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

yeah that's the reason he sucks in FSN.Even Shirou defeated him.If Gilgamesh was serious we would have won both wars.

Yeah that's why i said that the flawed one is actually Gilgamesh. He might think his great but actually Tokiomi was greater than him. More boring yes, but still better at his job.
Apr 29, 2012 9:51 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Yeah that's why i said that the flawed one is actually Gilgamesh. He might think his great but actually Tokiomi was greater than him. More boring yes, but still better at his job.

^This.

Gilgamesh's goal was never to win. It was to have fun.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 29, 2012 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 29, 2012 10:04 AM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

^This.

Gilgamesh's goal was never to win. It was to have fun.

Beat me to it : (
Apr 29, 2012 10:35 AM
Dec 2007
Quite an uneventful episode apart from Tokiomi's inevitable downfall. Still great though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 29, 2012 10:50 AM

Mar 2011
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

cmon now, Gilgamesh needs that flaw, with his power if he were serious then everyone would have been wiped out from round 1 and we would have no story to see.
Apr 29, 2012 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

cmon now, Gilgamesh needs that flaw, with his power if he were serious then everyone would have been wiped out from round 1 and we would have no story to see.

He's good, but he's not all-powerful. For instance, Zero Berserker matches him pretty well.
Apr 29, 2012 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

He's good, but he's not all-powerful. For instance, Zero Berserker matches him pretty well.

Just like others said he's not serious at all. If he was serious the grail would've been over on the first night. Well it is part of his character. And he doesn't go all out unless he considers you as 'worthy'.
Ragna92Apr 29, 2012 11:07 AM
Apr 29, 2012 11:29 AM

Feb 2009
I must say, this keeps me entertained. I like all the schemes Emiya and Kirei pull. Heck it entertaines me even more than the fights. I kinda feel sorry for the heroic spirits though. They are too pure in heart to deserve such masters as Emiya, Kayneth or Kirei.
Apr 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Just like others said he's not serious at all. If he was serious the grail would've been over on the first night. Well it is part of his character. And he doesn't go all out unless he considers you as 'worthy'.

Really though? How can you be so sure of how powerful he is if (as you suggest) he's never serious?
Apr 29, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Really though? How can you be so sure of how powerful he is if (as you suggest) he's never serious?

Because I saw a glimpse of what happens when he gets a little serious in Fate hollow. Hopefully we'll also see it here in Zero.
Apr 29, 2012 11:43 AM
Jan 2010
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Because there are times in both F/SN and in F/Z where he actually does become serious.
Apr 29, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
The murder scene was perfect
Apr 29, 2012 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
lasercannon said:
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Because there are times in both F/SN and in F/Z where he actually does become serious.

So why hasn't he won a grail war in a day during those moments of seriousness?
Apr 29, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
My favorite character is dead...
Apr 29, 2012 12:39 PM
Nov 2010
Daaaw stabbed in the back, aint that a bitch, i was rooting for Aize- i mean Tokiomi.
Apr 29, 2012 12:41 PM
Dec 2007
ataraxial said:

Because he always went "oops, I think I broke you. Hahahahahahaha!" and walked away. He stops being serious when the fight becomes boring. Honestly though, Gilfgamesh as a warrior isn't really super-powerful. Even Archer notes that he can defeat him with a good plan, but all plans have to take into consideration the "tricking him into not going all out" thing because he has some really cheap weapons, and one of them is so cheap it's the only "Anti Planet" class Noble Phantasm in all the War.

You remember Gilgamesh's Ea that Tokiomi wanted him to use against Caster? That sword completely and utterly eclipses even Excalibur. GIlgamesh basically shows how much he doesn't care by saying "You want me to use it against this rable?" meaning he considered them so below that they were only worth of fighting his lowest treasures. That's his flaw.

Apr 29, 2012 1:14 PM

Mar 2010
Poor Tokiyomi, I actually liked him. I knew he would die but... this was kinda... bad. I liked Kirei and Gilgamesh before. I'm indifferent to them now. The only person I still like without any doubts is Waver (and Rider) and Irisviel, out of those alive and not counting the F/SN generation, of course. Mayia is awesome but too cold for my liking and others are either dead or too messed up. (Yeah, Saber, I'm looking at you too.)

Aside from that, nice episode. I enjoyed the Kirei/Gilgamesh talk and I'm kinda glad that they're a team now (too bad it included killing Tokiyomi). I'm pretty sure Kirei and Gil do something next ep that will make me like them again. XD They are too much of a funny "pair" (am I the only one who sees some chemistry between them?) not to. It was nice to see Rin again. It made me d'aww. But I do wonder what about the jewel she was supposed to get. I'm pretty sure she was supposed to get it now. I might be wrong though. Also Kirei's seals were a surprise. I mean, he has them in F/SN. The longer this keeps going the more I see it as an alternative universe.

BTW what about the "kill all people that watch and shouldn't" thing that was important in F/SN?? No one is bothered by Mayia walking around and I never saw anyone comment on that. Sure, Risei did say somehing about covering the Caster thing up but he didn't mention killing. Actually, I got the feeling that they want to erase memory of those people or something of that kind. Thus not having enough people (capable of doing that). If they wanted to just kill them, anyone would do. And he didn't say that it would be suspicious. Just that they didn't have enough people so it got out of hand.

ataraxial said:

I'm not sure what it looked like in F/Z since I haven't read the novel, but pretty much each time he got serious in F/SN he either stopped right away since his goal got completed (just small goals, to relieve from boredom) or when he decided to get serious (during a fight), it was way too late for him to turn the tables. He is one of the strongest but I don't believe he is THE strongest. There are many heroes equal to him or very close (i.e. Zero Berserker). But in F/SN, Saber was closest to him power wise (and for known reasons she couldn't go all out) so if he cared enough that would have been an easy win. However, he didn't. He was just having fun not fighting for real.
SuiNoByakkoApr 29, 2012 1:27 PM
Apr 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
It was never a rule of the War to kill those that find out...The magi and the Church can alter people's memories(see Waver) but killing them is faster and more effective.Apart from Kirie(and Tokiomi in this ep) I dont think anyone has ever saw Maiya.If it wasnt for the Mist during Caster's fight Risei would have a lot of trouble.
In FSN the only time I remember this happening is with Shirou.And Lancer's master is Kirie who also is the supervisor.
ataraxial said:

Lumathy said:

I know but that doesnt change the fact he lost to Shirou
I believe he was serious against Saber in FSN but Avalon is such a bitch.

Cant wait for Gil's next fight....

HikaruIzumi said:

I'm not sure what it looked like in F/Z since I haven't read the novel, but pretty much each time he got serious in F/SN he either stopped right away since his goal got completed (just small goals, to relieve from boredom) or when he decided to get serious (during a fight), it was way too late for him to turn the tables. He is one of the strongest but I don't believe he is THE strongest. There are many heroes equal to him or very close (i.e. Zero Berserker). But in F/SN, Saber was closest to him power wise (and for known reasons she couldn't go all out) so if he cared enough that would have been an easy win. However, he didn't. He was just having fun not fighting for real.

In terms of abilities he is way below most of the servants (thats because he relies way too much in GoB)and even Shirou could fight against him.But he has the strongest NP in both of the 4th and 5th war.And Zero Berserker is the strongest in terms of abilities so if they fought normally Gil wouldnt have any chance
ssjokgApr 29, 2012 1:50 PM
Apr 29, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

both instances Gil coulda smoked berserker's ass but both times berserker was saved by plot armour
first fight if tokiomi didnt call GIl back berserker would have died from that GOB spam alone no need to even pull out Ea
second fight: Gil had berserker trapped between his GOB and the sea monster but rider sucked that thing away so it gave berserker a chance to escape
berserker is nowhere near his tier
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
It was never a rule of the War to kill those that find out...The magi and the Church can alter people's memories(see Waver) but killing them is faster and more effective.Apart from Kirie(and Tokiomi in this ep) I dont think anyone has ever saw Maiya.If it wasnt for the Mist during Caster's fight Risei would have a lot of trouble.
In FSN the only time I remember this happening is with Shirou.And Lancer's master is Kirie who also is the supervisor.
ataraxial said:

Lumathy said:

I know but that doesnt change the fact he lost to Shirou
I believe he was serious against Saber in FSN but Avalon is such a bitch.

Cant wait for Gil's next fight....

losing against shirou was a wtf moment in UBW for me..pure CIS/PIS moment
Apr 29, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

I believe that using Ea would have good results against Sakura but I cant say for sure....
Apr 29, 2012 1:56 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I believe that using Ea would have good results against Sakura but I cant say for sure....

Gil underestimated her so by the time he did it was too late
but seriously the Gil from FSN is blasphemous compared to Gil from F/Z
on multiple occasions i was facepalming at the level of plothax working against the guy and he is supposed to have rank A luck?
Apr 29, 2012 1:57 PM

Mar 2010
ssjokg said:

Well, in F/SN (at least anime ver.) it was stated outright that those that see it and aren't involved should die. We haven't heard of this in F/Z while no audience was quite a big deal in F/SN. But that was SN Lancer so maybe he just went for the more fun/easier solution. I get the thing with Mayia but still. No one even mentioned it so far. Only when there were many people watching (Caster issue).
Apr 29, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
About Gilgamesh...
We are saying the same thing to each other over and over again.Only in mal can this happen...lol
Apr 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Oct 2009
HikaruIzumi said:
ssjokg said:

Well, in F/SN (at least anime ver.) it was stated outright that those that see it and aren't involved should die. We haven't heard of this in F/Z while no audience was quite a big deal in F/SN. But that was SN Lancer so maybe he just went for the more fun/easier solution. I get the thing with Mayia but still. No one even mentioned it so far. Only when there were many people watching (Caster issue).

"To Father Risei, supervisor of the fourth Heaven's Feel, this was truly an extremely tiring night.

This was the second time he had assumed the office of supervisor of the Heaven's Feel, but he had never dreamed that a situation so difficult to deal with would arise.

Precisely because of the large scale of the series of problems that had arisen, in order to eliminate evidence, not only the Holy Church, but even the Magi's Association was also acting in secret.

To both sides of these two large groups, the situation had already developed to a point that - rather than quarrelling amongst themselves and defining their respective spheres of influence, they had to prioritize on considering how to pick up the pieces.

On the surface, the strange incident not far from the Mion River was attributed to poisonous gases produced by chemical reactions caused by industrial waste--this report could temporarily deceive the public.

The patrolling media truck was also constantly broadcasting that inhaling the toxic fumes could cause hallucinations, and that people living along the shores should hasten to the hospital for treatment.

Of course, all the hospitals that could conduct diagnostics at night had already been infiltrated by magi and Executors skilled in brainwashing through the power of suggestion; they were currently anxiously awaiting orders.

It should be possible to thus eliminate the majority of witness statements, but not the source of rumors.

The procedure for purchasing two F15 fighter machines from Middle Eastern weapon merchants had just been completed; this was the result of the Clock Tower playing the middle man.

Though it was a second-hand C-model plane, at this critical point there really was absolutely no time to take this into account.

The two F15s, on which the flag of Japan had been temporarily painted, would be delivered to the fortified air base; all that's left is to take the opportunity to exchange incompatible parts, and then assemble the J-model fighter plane."
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Yesterday, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.