3It was OK
12.1%
2Disliked it
7.7%
1Hated it
5.5%
Average 4.0
91 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2012 12:41 AM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Ichigo throws Nel to Orihime as he goes into battle.

The quincy person has wings..? o.o (Didn't see that one coming.)

The quincy person tells Ichigo Ishida is stronger then himself!? :O

The invaders finally enter the SS!
MermaidGalaxiesApr 28, 2012 7:35 PM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 28, 2012 5:28 AM
Dec 2010
That was pretty good, albeit short. But I liked coming back to the Quincy Final Form, that's pretty B.A.

Lawl at ending on a foot panel, although this one had the potential to end pretty epically, maybe with a BOOM!!

Looking forward to the next ^^
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Apr 28, 2012 5:45 AM

Jan 2009
lol bleach... i still read you despite your crappy slow pace issue
but good to see a evolve form of quincies and i wonder how will the shinigami's fight back now
Apr 28, 2012 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
shit is getting serious
Apr 28, 2012 6:03 AM
Dec 2009
Really short.
Getting fed up of the huge wasteful panels. Still, enough happened for me to be intrigued.
Apr 28, 2012 6:07 AM

Jun 2010
So Ishida is fucking stronk? Omg I wanna see.
Apr 28, 2012 6:18 AM

May 2011
Damn, the war just near.
Apr 28, 2012 6:32 AM

Feb 2011
Wtf Kubo? Now Quincies can turn into fabulous magical girls?
Apr 28, 2012 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
it turns out that Ishida is a villain now.
Apr 28, 2012 6:45 AM

Jul 2008
Crouchez said:

What this quincie used was his final form, the same thing Ishida used against Mayuri in the SS arc. Ishida broke the glove for a shortcut but it's a form that you can reach with trainings.

There is a big parralel between Ichigo's FGT form and the quincie's final form. To begin with their power are on an even level. Secondly they both have a shortcut to achieve that form. Thirdly they both aren't complete if used with the shortcut.

So far Ichigo and Ishida only reached their last form with those shortcut which in return destroy their power. Ishida had only one wing while his real final form probably have 2. Ichigo had only one arm covered by his power while his final form probably cover his entire body.
And the most important thing: They couldn't use it for long.
Apr 28, 2012 6:50 AM

Oct 2010
this is getting annoying, kubo end this quick please, like that is going to happen haha!
Apr 28, 2012 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
Transformation, and SS invation begins.
Apr 28, 2012 7:01 AM

Jan 2011
Nothing ever seems to happen in a single Bleach chapter. It's beginning to get on my nerves. Kubo Tite needs to learn a few things about pacing.
As always, today is the most enjoyable day.
Apr 28, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2011
Haha! I should really leave it a month to read this manga, then read 4 chapters at once!

If fact, it's weird, as I've aged I've found myself reading monthlies more so than weeklies.

Hmmmm....
Apr 28, 2012 7:19 AM

Dec 2009
Who expect quincies to grow beautiful butterfly wings like Aizen?
Apr 28, 2012 8:13 AM
Oct 2010
more needs to happen in these chapters. fuck. wonder who ishida really is though from what he said.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 28, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
I'm telling you guys, Aizen is a quincy. They both have bow/fairy/sprinkle/illusion (you know, gay) abilitys. Maybe he got himself into SS to gather intel and then betrayed them in order to gather info about their abilities, hence making Ichigo a potential threat to the operation since he put up a good fight? I don't even think he was captured, probably someone else via illusion.He also used the hogyouku to turn Quincy into hybrids (Quincy/Hollow/Shinigami maybe?)
Though Kubo is too stupid to pull that off so It's just a theory >.>

PS: I hope Ishida won't be some fucking chosen one type of bullshit even if it makes him stronger than the fodder he is.
End Zionazism
Apr 28, 2012 8:38 AM

Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:

His father is probably such a strong badass that it makes the captain think so.

Maddo_scientisto said:
There is a big parralel between Ichigo's FGT form and the quincie's final form. To begin with their power are on an even level. Secondly they both have a shortcut to achieve that form. Thirdly they both aren't complete if used with the shortcut.

Can you prove it?

Ichigo will beat the shit out of that captain, it's time for him to die. I like the fast pace the new arc has so far.
"Letzt Stil" is by the way not correct, it should be "Letzter Stil" (not a term you would ever use) and I also think it should be "Sternenritter" (knights of the stars/star knights).
Apr 28, 2012 8:48 AM
Aug 2011
3-4 Pages with 2-3 panels each , with an average of 0-2 words . Good job Kubo

But even though it was slow, I still gave it a 5/5 because of the transformation and the "leg cliffhanger"

Ps: Mahou shoujo = Mahou Quincy
Apr 28, 2012 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
So fucking goooooooood! :D
Apr 28, 2012 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
The guy looks like a retard...
Apr 28, 2012 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
Zhou said:
-MgZ_ said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

Can you prove it?

Ichigo will beat the shit out of that captain, it's time for him to die. I like the fast pace the new arc has so far.
"Letzt Stil" is by the way not correct, it should be "Letzter Stil" (not a term you would ever use) and I also think it should be "Sternenritter" (knights of the stars/star knights).

F.....f.....fast pace? Was? xD
End Zionazism
Apr 28, 2012 9:14 AM

Mar 2011
"I'm sure you've at least heard of... Le--" NO WE DID NOT, DON'T GO PRETENDING THAT THERE WAS ACTUALLY A SETUP FOR THIS!!!

And then he grew wings... QUIT MESSING WITH ME KUBOOOOO!!!!!!

So we found out where Urahara went, annndd already rescued that guy while NOTHING HAPPENED!!! FAST!!! YOU COULD HAVE SHOWED US!!! You had more than enough space!! make your panels a little smaller, AMAZING, suddenly it's like you have 10 MORE PAGES!!!! OTL... I want to see Urahara actually do something!! He's my favorite ;A;

ahh, I feel like the story is actually pretty decent here, but holy crap, how lazy is the execution?!??! It's amazing, I think the average panels-per-page actually DROPPED since last week!!!
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 28, 2012 9:26 AM
Feb 2012
Face-Paint said:
"I'm sure you've at least heard of... Le--" NO WE DID NOT, DON'T GO PRETENDING THAT THERE WAS ACTUALLY A SETUP FOR THIS!!!

To be fair, it was mentioned before (what Uryu used to beat Mayuri), but that was so long ago I had to look it up just to remember that was the name.

This chapter was still pretty slow, but things are moving ahead at least. One thing though, I just remembered Loly and Menoly are supposed to be here. They aren't dead and I don't think there's been enough time for them to run away, so what are they doing? Just sitting there watching all this?
Apr 28, 2012 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
Then, Ishida is strong as hell?

Ooh. I wonder if Ichigo and Ishida will battle to death.

Kubo should have made a splash page at least for the appearance of Vandenrich. Not just a single foot. Stop conserving too much!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2012 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
Rednecked_Crake said:
it turns out that Ishida is a villain now.

No, no. This is Bleach, so he's not going to become a villain, but he will be pressured into going with the enemy; then it's rescue arc time.

(I'm saying this as a joke, but... Kubo is Kubo, so...)
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Apr 28, 2012 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

Can you prove it?

There is no definite proof but that's what the hint let by Kubo so far make you beleive. He's obviously setting of Ishida as his equal so that we get a Ichigo vs Ishida fight aka gifted children vs hardworker aka demon form vs angel form.

Back when Ishida used his final form it was said that mastering the glove could lead a quincy to the limit of his potential but that if you break the glove you will instantly reach that limit for a small time at the cost of your power.
When he was in his final form he speedblitzed a captain, feat that even Yoruichi who is called the fastest captain never managed to do as of yet. He destroyed his bankai with one single arrow while being damaged and poisoned. He manipulated reiatsu in a way that Mayuri thought was inconcevable and even made Mayuri say that this is not a power that a single soul should be able to possess.
Ishida in his final form had one wing while this captain from the quincy side had 2. One used the shortcut and one didn't, see what i'm getting at?

Even though it wasn't explicitely said you need to be blind to not see the parallel with Ichigo's FGT form. He sacrified his power to temporaly reach the limit of his potential. He had power that transcended his kind.
Ichigo's FGT wasn't complete as well. Ichigo's nature has been said many time to be cloacking himself into power. Yet this same Ichigo have one of his arm and part of his chest not covered by his FGT.

Ishida got his shortcut from his grandfather (which was more of a parental figure to him than his own father). Ichigo got his shortcut from his father.
Still I beleive that both will get strong enough to acheive their final form without any sacrifice by the end of the serie and that somewhere along that way they have to fight against each other, not because they despise each other but because they each belong to a different side of the war.
AlycenApr 28, 2012 10:35 AM
Apr 28, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2007
Time for those who have no attention spans to start talking nonsense about "wings" being out of nowhere, and forgetting the fact that Ishida grew wings all the way back in SS arc.

As I guessed way back, Quincy power represents "angels" while shinigami power represents "demons".

Also what is interesting is that the ritters who entered SS in the end of chapter seem to be walk on the air there, despite the fact that everyone else we seen in ss CAN'T do that in SS and only can do that in real world.

Zhou said:
-MgZ_ said:

Or Ishida IS that strong at his final form.

He one-shotted a captain in an incomplete final form.

IchigoHollowfi said:

The quincy person has wings..? o.o (Didn't see that one coming.)

Called this a year ago due to Ishida's final form having one wing :P
AhenshihaelApr 28, 2012 12:17 PM
Apr 28, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
So.... what? Ishida's been holding back this whole time or something? And of course, quincies have their own version of the bankai.
Apr 28, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
So.... what? Ishida's been holding back this whole time or something? And of course, quincies have their own version of the bankai.

Thats more like a their own version of "Fgt form" this has been discussed for months already

And Ishida most likely just can't consistently have that power. In his final quincy form he did oneshot mayuri and that was an incomplete form.
Apr 28, 2012 1:02 PM

Feb 2009
guys!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the story now! be careful, it may contain spoilers!!!

so I think that Soul Society was once ruled by Quincy. However commander Yamamoto and his mates took over soul society by winning the first war. Yamamoto failed to kill Quincy King who is older now and is planning a revenge.

I'm telling you that's the case. If you don't believe me now u will see later. You will be saying: oh wow ramzes5a was right! I can't believe it. He is a fu..ing genius!"
Apr 28, 2012 1:02 PM

Sep 2009

Foot, tell me your secrets

So I guess that foot marks the beginning of the end for SS....I just hope whichever captain fights Darth Zangetsu first doesn't get one-shoted, but knowing Kubo it might happen

I also think it's safe to say we'll be seeing Captain Planet (Aizen) sooner rather than later XD

Dammit, I wanted to see more of Urahara this chapter but oh well...hopefully next ch will contain more compact panels QAQ

1 out of 5 special weapons...I can only assume the other 4 are Inoue, Ishida, Chad and ....:-/ :|...Rukia?
Apr 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
Stylish Nazi Quincey Hollows with wings.
Apr 28, 2012 1:26 PM
Jan 2012
ramzes5a said:
guys!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the story now! be careful, it may contain spoilers!!!

so I think that Soul Society was once ruled by Quincy. However commander Yamamoto and his mates took over soul society by winning the first war. Yamamoto failed to kill Quincy King who is older now and is planning a revenge.

I'm telling you that's the case. If you don't believe me now u will see later. You will be saying: oh wow ramzes5a was right! I can't believe it. He is a fu..ing genius!"

YOU DON'T SAY?!

I think majority of people figured it out already, like, a month ago or so (I don't remember when did we confirm that the enemies are Quincies

Anyway, it's quite obvious now why Aizen gained wings. He not only broke the barrier between Shinigamis and Hollows, but also between Quincies. He became a Shinigami/Hollow/Quincy hybrid. That completes the "triangle"

Shinigami
Hollow
Quincy
And in the middle, Humans who can Fullbring (and there are also Visoreds and Arrancars between Hollows and Shinigami)

Perhaps the term Visored and Arrancar not only applies to Shinigamis that put on Hollow masks and Hollows who take off their mask to obtain Shinigami powers, but also to Quincies that put on Hollow masks (weird dude that fought with Ichigo?) and Hollows who take off their mask to obtain Quincy powers.

But I hope there's a better explanation for the last one.
Apr 28, 2012 2:59 PM

May 2010
Argh, I hate Kubo powering up clothes >:( Trauma after Aizen.
That was... Well, short as always. Ishida has some hidden master level powers? Sounds cool, he never looked SUPER powerful, to weak to be Ichigo's rival, why not give him some special abilities?
About that guy fighting Ichigo. When they will make this into anime, his seiyuu should totally be that guy who voiced scientist from Shakugan no Shana. God, I hate both of them, so annoying.
Apr 28, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2012
So Aizen was a butterfly, and now Quincy's are angels?
Apr 28, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
Ekstah said:

Aizen was a seraphim and quincies have been angels since the middle of Soul Society arc.
Apr 28, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 2010
To all the people bitching about the wings coming out of nowwhere http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Bleach/124/20. Thats from chapter 124 aka quincy wings were established 365 dam chapters ago. There are plently of legitemate things about Bleach to bitch about, but this is not one of them.
Apr 28, 2012 5:31 PM

Dec 2008
How long before it gets revealed that Ichigo's mom was a Quincy, so Ichigo has to awaken his dormant Quincy power in order to become a complete Super Shingami Fullbring Vaizard Hollow Quincy?
Apr 28, 2012 5:32 PM
Feb 2012
Sykadel said:
How long before it gets revealed that Ichigo's mom was a Quincy, so Ichigo has to awaken his dormant Quincy power in order to become a complete Super Shingami Fullbring Vaizard Hollow Quincy?
That is simultaneously the stupidest and most awesome thing Bleach could bring out. Which means it's definitely gonna happen.
Apr 28, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
Aldo512 said:
Sykadel said:
That is simultaneously the stupidest and most awesome thing Bleach could bring out. Which means it's definitely gonna happen.

Yeah well only if she was like the weakest of her kind ever I don't see anyone loosing to grand fisher actually.
I don't beleive that Ichigo's mom is his biological mother and I beleive that the one he consider his mother to be a normal human.
Apr 28, 2012 6:03 PM
Feb 2012
Fai said:
Ekstah said:

Aizen was a seraphim and quincies have been angels since the middle of Soul Society arc.

Sykadel said:

I was rofl at those xD But I open to anything...its not impossible lmao :D

Still wonder what that guy meant about Ishida...wonder if his father is involved at all...my be the reason why he told him not to get involved in Shinigami business...
Well there in SS now...see how this goes...a sign for the appearance of the Royal Guard possibly? Or Aizen soon?

And that form the Quincy did...it's the same as what Ishida did against Mayuri I'm guessing. Not a big surprise....but it looked wrong....

Well I don't see Ichi having a problem...but I really wanted him to just like 1 shot k.o him...
Apr 28, 2012 7:52 PM

Sep 2009
Sykadel said:
dun-dun-DUH-DUH, it's Kubo after all

How Ishida got his powers back

How Ichigo got his

Apr 28, 2012 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
It was damn short lol.
Apr 28, 2012 9:42 PM

Jul 2010
Personally i think this transfo looked pretty awesome.
Im hella curious if Ishida will fight with Ichigo in future...o.o i hope, cuz it would be an epic fight.Thought i still want Ishida on a good side xP
And now lets begin...~
Apr 29, 2012 12:33 AM

Mar 2011
Transformation was pretty good and who don't like the manga dont read it and don't comment
Apr 29, 2012 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
Sykadel said:

Quincy is a religion gifted upon spiritually aware people by "an older race of magic hunters" you do not need to "be born into it". You just need a LOT of time and A LOT of resources.

You ARE infinitely better at if if you are born into family who practiced it for a long time, though.
Apr 29, 2012 2:39 AM

Mar 2008
is it just me or is this arc somehow going fast? i mean, few chapters and we already have war even though i read somewhere this one will be longer than arrancar arc..
also, was that a giant foot in the end? lolwut
Apr 29, 2012 4:09 AM

Feb 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Crouchez said:

What this quincie used was his final form, the same thing Ishida used against Mayuri in the SS arc. Ishida broke the glove for a shortcut but it's a form that you can reach with trainings.

So far Ichigo and Ishida only reached their last form with those shortcut which in return destroy their power. Ishida had only one wing while his real final form probably have 2. Ichigo had only one arm covered by his power while his final form probably cover his entire body.
And the most important thing: They couldn't use it for long.

Oh haha sorry, I'm not really used to be getting such an serious and elaborated response to an sarcastic comment of mine, especially in a Bleach thread.

But anyways - yeah I'm aware that the (incomplete) technique had already been used by Ishida beforehand, it's just that back then it didn't look as silly.
What I meant to say in my comment was that Kubo should work on his character designs a lil harder ( I mean comn, High Heels - seriously..?).
Apr 29, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
Transformation was pretty good and who don't like the manga dont read it and don't comment

That's the dumbest thing someone can say.

If YOU don't like the comments then don't read them or talk about them.
End Zionazism
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.