3It was OK
8.6%
2Disliked it
0.9%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.7
455 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2012 9:49 AM
Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Turns out it wasn't so gay after all.
Apr 26, 2012 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Onii said:

And it's moving very fast.
Apr 26, 2012 10:00 AM

Feb 2012
KaitoDash said:
Onii said:

And it's moving very fast.

You have a point there and I honestly thought it would be a pretty slow show..
Apr 26, 2012 10:21 AM

Jun 2009
sentarou love sick :)

i think he and the new woman should be together and kaoru and rik-san also
Apr 26, 2012 10:22 AM

Sep 2008
At first I thought Kaoru was a loser when he didn't confess that day after school, but after that performance, all was forgive. I'm glad he's a person that likes to plan out what to say and do for the girl he likes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2008
OMFG!! SOMEONE HUG ME!

Rate 19 in 10!
Mainly tears.
Apr 26, 2012 10:59 AM
Jan 2012
This episode really flipped the overall mood for me, and I'm honestly quite split how to feel about it. I literally sat and said "no, no, no fucking way" during the whole double date. This could have turned into yet another ugly love triangle/square, but Kaoru steps up to the mound and really delivers, so it could still be saved. Sentaro on the other hand feels like a boy all of a sudden, confident on his turf but frail when unknown pressure arises. Kaoru has seen much, experienced much agony and it shows when he's faced with an obstacle and his good assertiveness - truly manly he is. But they are young, and I have no past with which I'm liable to judge either one.

I'm not opposing melodrama per se, just that most often it feels like anime characters act like others can't handle the truth. This could develope into many different directions, and I sure hope the rest can be as upfront as Kaoru was. I'd hate to see everything dragged along, leaving us all irritated or even pissed with their indecisiveness. One down, three to go.

The modelling scene was highly WTF for me, but Sentaro could really play it to his advantage, if he could muster the courage to act his usual. Still, the new girl hasn't given enough to go on yet, will be intersting to see what she's like. I mean, she didn't seem dissapointed when Sentaro said Kaoru asked her to come. Not that I'm expecting any real confession so soon, but the "misunderstandings" could sway the new girl the wrong way, which in turn could steer this whole deal into akwardness deluxe just to drive the story forward in a most mediocre way. Here's for hoping not to see such a thing happen.
Apr 26, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
I'm sure that new girl will end up falling in love with someone else than Kaoru and Sentarou or something.
Apr 26, 2012 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
Solkiskey said:
I'm sure that new girl will end up falling in love with someone else than Kaoru and Sentarou or something.

Jun?
Apr 26, 2012 11:17 AM

Mar 2011
great episode.
ahhh.. everything was so good. the first half i was laughing over lovesick sentarou and in the second half i was really moved by all things that happened.

Apr 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Aug 2008
Hakuromatsu said:
Solkiskey said:

Jun?

Yup yup, I agree! (That Jun guy seems to be her type)

This episode was fantastic! I'm satisfied with this quick development!! This show is amazing, I can't wait for what will happen!
Apr 26, 2012 11:52 AM

May 2009
I'm glad the guy had the guts to NOT stall the confession.. nice for a change.
Apr 26, 2012 12:00 PM

Apr 2010
Kurini said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Solkiskey said:

Jun?

This episode was fantastic! I'm satisfied with this quick development!! This show is amazing, I can't wait for what will happen!
Kurini said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Solkiskey said:

Jun?

I don't know, I was just speculating, lol...
Apr 26, 2012 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
Solkiskey said:
Kurini said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Solkiskey said:

Jun?

I don't know, I was just speculating, lol...

I agree with this speculation. I just have a feeling that she will fall for Jun since last episode.
I don't know if there is a reason for this hunch.
Apr 26, 2012 12:14 PM
Oct 2010
onzeedge said:
Still, the new girl hasn't given enough to go on yet, will be intersting to see what she's like. I mean, she didn't seem dissapointed when Sentaro said Kaoru asked her to come.
I'm almost sure she knew all along it was Sentaro by his "subtle" nervousness. Though I can't figure out why she told Ri-chan it had been Kaoru who invited her... could she be the manipulative type?
x3mslayer said:
I'm glad the guy had the guts to NOT stall the confession.. nice for a change.
Refreshing isn't it? We definitely need more MCs like that.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 26, 2012 12:15 PM

May 2011
Omg, why does this anime have to be so damn brilliant?
Apr 26, 2012 12:21 PM
Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
I agree with this speculation. I just have a feeling that she will fall for Jun since last episode.
I don't know if there is a reason for this hunch.
Don't read the character descriptions if you don't want to be spoiled but

Oh boy, now that I think about it, it's going to get really messy.
AjunkyApr 26, 2012 12:24 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 26, 2012 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
Sentarou Harem too strong right now. Im really curious Yurika has any feelings for him, she very hard to read.
Apr 26, 2012 12:57 PM
Sep 2011
I thought this episode was even better than the last one.

Everything in this episode felt incredibly refreshing to me. Partly because of the great BGM which was much more prevalent this time and because the misunderstanding was resolved rather quickly, something many series involving romance fail to achieve in a whole cours.

The introduction of the new girl also brought some welcome character developement to all three members of the main cast. It seemed like the roles where reversed: Sentarou was incredibly anxious while Kaoru displayed a more composed side of him. Ritsuko showed more of herself as well.
Apr 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
This is continuing being the best anime of the season. Although I do have to say I prefer the manga. I feel like the emotions of the characters came across better in it, and it didn't feel so rushed as this suddenly feels (though I'm kinda happy about that, it might mean that they're going to cover more material).

I'm going to cry if this doesn't sell well/get a second season..
Apr 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
WTF JUST HAPPENED?!
the fucken romance dial just got turned the fuck on.
ugh, it feels so damn force. WHY IS THIS ANIME BEING BUTCHERED ALREADY?!?!
Apr 26, 2012 1:13 PM

Dec 2011
The confession scene was great, nice to see the love confession not dragging on. However, I'm really enjoying how jazz seems to bring all of the characters together. Either way, I predict it's going to get very real and emotional from this point on.
Apr 26, 2012 1:20 PM

Mar 2008
onzeedge said:
I mean, she didn't seem dissapointed when Sentaro said Kaoru asked her to come.

I bet she pretended to be clueless and during the whole double date knew what was happening. She is too sophisticated to be so naive.
Apr 26, 2012 1:31 PM

Jul 2011
I love when guys blush for 80% of the series and then confess, but gotta say this was very refreshing, I like how Kaoru is so honest with his own feelings.
Apr 26, 2012 1:46 PM
Jan 2012
Ajunky said:
I'm almost sure she knew all along it was Sentaro by his "subtle" nervousness. Though I can't figure out why she told Ri-chan it had been Kaoru who invited her... could she be the manipulative type?

PaninaManina said:
I bet she pretended to be clueless and during the whole double date knew what was happening. She is too sophisticated to be so naive.

Haha, yeah that's right, I didn't even consider that, thanks for pointing that out. Man I really wanna read her description after that Jun-speculation now..

She's probably just tellin' it straight as she heard it, really is no reason why she would straighten out a mess of an invitation from two 'almost' strangers, even if she knew :P
tilitappaajaApr 26, 2012 1:50 PM
Apr 26, 2012 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
Kaoru embraces his new found social freedom by confessing to his love! Will there be any repercussions for this former introvert turned jazz musician? I can't wait to find out :3
Apr 26, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
I'm getting worried...

The pacing is really really.. fast!!

It was a REALLY cute confession, but it was soo sudden.

Usually when confessions happen too soon n an anime it doesnt really work out );
Apr 26, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Kaoru stepped up to the plate to resolve the misunderstanding which was refreshing to see. I did felt this episode was more drama driven vs comedy but that's ok.
Apr 26, 2012 3:02 PM
Dec 2007
Developments and direction were great (and music of course). This is getting really interesting.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 26, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2011
Gosh, I was thinking it was really cute and funny. But then WTF melodramatic and I'm all worried that something terrible will happen.

I realize he's modeling, but wtf is Sentarou doing..? And whut! Stupid Sentarou for saying that Richie invited her.
But he was so damn cute. Had to pause one or twice because I was too excited. XD

Gosh. I'm Richie x Ri-chan fan though. :O (But I love Sentarou!)

Hope it's a good ending though... I'm loving this so far.

Best or 2nd best of the season!!

5/5

WAITWAITWAIT

WHATTT????
MirorinApr 26, 2012 3:12 PM
Apr 26, 2012 3:16 PM

Jun 2011
this is fantastic.
great episode n im in love with jazz now
Apr 26, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Now if only anyone would tell me what piece Richie and Sentaro played, if it ever has a name...
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
When Sentaro asked her to hang out it was adorable.
Richie's confession was cute as well.
What were Sentaro and Kaoru evEN doing though when he was shirtless? lmao

I hope things turn out well and this doesn't turn into some crazy sad, dramatic story. :L
魔法少女グレイシー
Apr 26, 2012 4:29 PM

Feb 2009
This show is sickening. Really, really disgusting.

... It's disgusting how good it is. Fucking AMAZING. Also now I'm shipping Ritsuko/Kaoru.
Apr 26, 2012 5:01 PM

May 2011
Haha, Sentaro was too cute getting all flustered like that. ^^=

I'll admit, the pace is worrying me a little bit, but it's refreshing to see a series that we know won't be dragged out til the very end. That'd be too slow. Things do seem to be alright now since there's still a lot to reveal and a lot of ways for all this to go horribly wrong. ^^V
Apr 26, 2012 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
Des;909573 said:
I don't think Ri-chan is looking Sentaro's way becaus she's in love with him, think there's another reason.
Don't think this one is as predictable as other animes these days.
I think she's just concerned for him, since she knows this is the first time he has fallen in love and she doesn't want him to do something he'll regret.
And she wishes to be loved too, wish she is and knows now.(probably not exactly like this, but close).

I really hope I'm correct or at least that it won't be just becaus Ri-chan is in love with Sentaro.
It'll be interesting of course, but it's been done.

Apr 26, 2012 5:14 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm... I don't think i will like this kind of development
But still great episode
Apr 26, 2012 5:22 PM

Mar 2008
onzeedge said:
Ajunky said:

PaninaManina said:

Haha, yeah that's right, I didn't even consider that, thanks for pointing that out. Man I really wanna read her description after that Jun-speculation now..

She's probably just tellin' it straight as she heard it, really is no reason why she would straighten out a mess of an invitation from two 'almost' strangers, even if she knew :P

Note that she paint that "lover's rock", and about using Sentaro as a model is not for artistic purposes, it can't be. At least she in playing with him. I wouldn't be surprised if that scratch don't was accident.

Lulexiaa said:
I'm getting worried...

The pacing is really really.. fast!!

It was a REALLY cute confession, but it was soo sudden.

Usually when confessions happen too soon n an anime it doesnt really work out );

The manga has just been completed with 9 volumes.
Apr 26, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2011
Alternating between fucking melodrama and shit's progressing.
Apr 26, 2012 5:56 PM

Feb 2012
Sentaro suddenly being shy made me laugh while the misunderstanding got on my nerves. Thank god Kaoru had the balls to confess, good job.
I still don't know what I should think of Ritsuko's behaviour, is she jealous of Yurika because Kaoru invited her (her assumption), is she annoyed by Sentaro not paying attention to her or is it both??? Why did she cry and what was going in the whole scene about the handkerchief, it turned into serious shit just like that?
Apr 26, 2012 6:10 PM

Nov 2011
I knew I sensed a triangle. I do like how fast it appears to be developing.
Apr 26, 2012 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
Now that's how you make a confession...well worth increasing the rating on this show.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 26, 2012 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
and so this became Honey & Clover XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 26, 2012 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
I actually think the anime portrays the emotions of the characters very well. Sure it's fast paced, but I wouldn't say it's a bad thing in this case. Although the focus seems to be on romance right now, I think overall, the main theme will be traced back to friendship.
Apr 26, 2012 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
I'm SO glad Kaoru confessed this early before any further misunderstandings between him and Ritsu . It would have been your typical romance if he hadn't done that. Well played Kaoru. Great way to confess playing a piano piece as well.

5/5 ep. The music is really getting to me! <3 it
Apr 26, 2012 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
A confession in the third episode without letting misunderstandings drag on for too long? Color me impressed and pleased.
Apr 26, 2012 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
The shippers are coming, brace yourselves...
Apr 26, 2012 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
Not because I am a sucker of romance, but the way Kaoru confessed his feelings for Ritsuko without dragging on, bumped my rating to a 9/10 after this episode. Enough said.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2012 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure if it's a translation/cultural discrepancy, but it's not the first time I've noticed this.

Why do anime characters say they 'love' someone when initially confessing their feelings? I'm sure all of us Western folks can agree doing that in real life is probably not the best idea.

When Kaoru said 'someone here loves you', all I could think was 'woah there, one step at a time dude'.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 26, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2010
OMG YES! Soooo refreshing to have a nerdy/(seemingly) wimpy lead character MAN up and confess so excellently (and early!)!

Seriously... what a bro!

LOVE this show.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.