17.8%
I'm male and my answer is no.
36.2%
I'm female and my answer is no.
16.9%
(@[]@!!)
17.4%
213 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 29, 2012 3:49 PM
Mar 2012
AlanViBritannia said:
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.
Apr 30, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2012
Probably.... Not =/...

I Don't See Why Someone Would Desire That O.o ... I Think, A Kitten Will Suffice :P
May 2, 2012 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

And, would you answer my doubt. What would you need it for?

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?
May 2, 2012 5:47 AM

Feb 2012
They should apply for Miss Universe and pretend that they are girls. I'm sure they'll be best suited and crowned as Miss China/some Asian country. :)
May 2, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.
May 2, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 2012
So the concept of Bishounens/Pretty Boys have existed for thousands of years...
May 2, 2012 10:17 AM

Apr 2012
Uh? Yeah? I'd rather date then keep locked up as my slave.
And Zero said "Let there be rebellion for the power of the geass is hidden within all of you".
May 2, 2012 10:22 AM

Feb 2008

Wiki said:
A concubine is generally a woman in an ongoing, marriage-like relationship with a man with whom she cannot be married for a specific reason. It may be because she is of lower social rank than the man (including slave status) or because the man is already married.

I did understand well after all. It's a slave after all. Maybe not the slave as they were back in ancient Egypt (for example), but it's a slave nevertheless. You have "ownership" over someone, it counts them as your slave.

And for third time now, why would you need a concubine? Be it male or female.
May 2, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2012
I was going to say no, then I saw the pictures... I let my inner fangirl get the better of me...

But really, I'd rather not keep ANY type of person in my household. I'd rather just have a friend or something who looks like that... BISHIES!!! I LOVE BISHIES!!! *is shot*
May 2, 2012 9:43 PM
Mar 2012
Mouhappai said:
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.

Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?
extraspectraMay 2, 2012 9:53 PM
May 2, 2012 9:47 PM

Mar 2008
AlanViBritannia said:

There are people with BDSM fetishs of being a slave
May 2, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
It is having a sex slave. I wouldn't mind having an actual relationship with a pretty boy - but a "concubine" that's just strange and immoral. There is still prostitution and I don't see that as any different from this.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
May 2, 2012 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Hmm I thought it's going to be about those male servants the chinese emperors have to announce wherever the emperor is going. Then they have their dick cut off so they can't sleep with any of the emperor's women. But this pretty boys and beautiful men is something I never heard of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2012 10:47 PM

Feb 2011
AlanViBritannia said:
Dafuq.
May 3, 2012 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
jiinn said:
Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?

I have no idea, but that would depend on whether the "husband" would allow a divorce with his "wife" with no conditions attached?

At any rate judging by most of the comments here, it would seem the idea of a male concubine just doesn't sit well in the western sense, lol.
May 3, 2012 4:45 AM

Feb 2008
jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.
May 3, 2012 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.

Both of those things matter. I can't do whatever I want at work. Most people feel fairly controlled on the job. But if you decide to take the job and can accept to reasonable hit to your cash flow from leaving then it’s not an evil job and it’s not slavery.

So being a concubine may seem harsh, but if they are not forced to accept the position, and can leave with reasonable consequences then they have decided to become prostitutes of their own free will. The questions not ,“are there consequences for quitting?” It’s, “how serious are the consequences for quitting?”

I know that too may seem wrong, but I have no moral objection to prostitution. I would never go to a prostitute because they have diseases :), but not because of the wrongness of it.
May 3, 2012 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
I Was To Lazy To Read, But If You're Looking For Handsome Guy, That's Me :>
I'm Too Full Of My Self BTW.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
May 3, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
i'm a pretty boy :D SWAG
May 3, 2012 11:47 AM
Oct 2010
jiinn said:
and can leave with reasonable consequences then they have decided to become prostitutes of their own free will.

By definition of 'being owned' they cannot do that. If your definition of concubine allows them to leave whenever they want by their own will then they are not being owned, they are employed. Here:

Ownership

Employment
May 3, 2012 12:40 PM
Mar 2012
Thats why I was asking.
May 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2008

I might have understood it bad, because I didn't consider concubines being prostitutes.
If you pay concubines and they are free to leave whenever they are, it is not owning it's employing, as someone said above.

But throughout the history, concubines weren't allowed to leave without any consequences (usually consequence being death lol). In that manner, it's pure owning of a person.

Now, tell me, which of these two types did you have in mind while creating this thread?
1) Employed person which will do anything (not immoral) for you.
2) Concubine which can enter your agreement freely but basically never leave.
May 3, 2012 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
I'd love to have a beautiful male be my slave. But that's not very realistic, now is it?
May 3, 2012 5:43 PM
Mar 2012
ycart59 said:
I'd love to have a beautiful male be my slave. But that's not very realistic, now is it?

Realistic? This is an anime and manga forum. :)
May 6, 2012 1:04 AM
Jul 2011
No, I'd rather have a guy, pretty or not, to genuinely like me as person, and not for my riches.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
May 6, 2012 4:38 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely not, I couldn't really respect a man who lived like that, so I couldn't have one around.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 6, 2012 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
A harem of shota concubines? Yes please.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
May 6, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2012
kolroten said:
Yes I would. And I probably have sex with him too.

sir, you have completely destroyed my day..
Jun 26, 2012 11:19 PM

Jun 2012
I was going for answer choice number 3, but then switched to 5. This is rediculous.

Jun 26, 2012 11:57 PM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
Definitely not, I couldn't really respect a man who lived like that, so I couldn't have one around.

exactly! well said... but that feeling isnt mutual in everyone
"Today was a good day." -O'Shea Jackson
Jun 27, 2012 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
This is really a very very creepy thread.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jun 27, 2012 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
NicoleB said:
This is really a very very creepy thread.

Jun 27, 2012 5:15 AM

Apr 2012
I want one
Jun 27, 2012 9:39 AM

Feb 2012
Oh yes. I'm thinking about it quite often actually :D. But I'd love to have some hot butler (he doesn't have to be demon though...) who would clean up for me, cook for me, do the laundry etc. I'm absolutely useless in these kinds of stuff. The idea of having a sex slave is not very attractive to me though... I just don't have this needs.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 27, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
Those pictures remind me of Katsura from Gintama, lol.

No, I would not keep a male concubine or pretty boy pet, that would just be... weird.
Jun 28, 2012 10:17 AM
Nov 2011
If I can treat them like my property, can I experiment on them, inflict pain on them? If yes, sure. I just love inflicting pain on others, especially physical. If I can own some guinea pigs, then why leave the chance be? Beauty and gender doesn't matter.

Of course after reading most of the shit in the topic, I guess concubines can't be treated like that. So, I vote no.
Jun 29, 2012 12:30 AM

May 2012
If I ever did I would probably just stare at them all day and wonder what to do with them. Are they good at ironing? How about dishes? I don't like to do those.
Jun 29, 2012 12:41 AM

Mar 2012
ProdiGene said:
If I can treat them like my property, can I experiment on them, inflict pain on them? If yes, sure. I just love inflicting pain on others, especially physical. If I can own some guinea pigs, then why leave the chance be? Beauty and gender doesn't matter.

Of course after reading most of the shit in the topic, I guess concubines can't be treated like that. So, I vote no.

Mm...what the...
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jun 29, 2012 1:25 AM

Apr 2011
NicoleB said:
ProdiGene said:

Mm...what the...
he wants a slave. who doesnt want a slave?
Jul 4, 2012 11:56 AM
Jun 2012
Wow this topic has really piqued my interest. Thanks. Again it shows that manga/anime defies narrow minded classifications ^_^
One thing fascinating to me is that (the above not-withstanding) all the drawings depict decidedly feminine or at best androginous faces. Does this mean that masculine good-looks were not popular? This is difficult to belive though as some of these concubines were heroic and so must have had the physical characteristics necessary for success in armed combat, unless of course those stories were fabricated to make them more popular.
I'm currently reading 'The tale of Genji' and although there has not been any direct reference to this (I'm about haf way) there certainly are many subtle hints and there's an incredible weight of importance given to the physical appearance of males of any rank.
eddieTJul 4, 2012 12:02 PM
"Knowing where you are from and how you got there is the way to a strong spirit"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.