Forum Settings
Forums

Madoka Magica Gets Its Own Specialized Magazine

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2012 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Dalek-baka said:
but than I greatly enjoy Precure franchise, which is dedicated to selling toys to young girls while offering good time to rest of us :)

Wait. Precure is for selling toys to young girls? Well I've chosen the wrong path on life...

Either that or the final few episodes of Heartcatch were the manliest thing aimed at young girls in history.
Apr 24, 2012 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
Watupfoo said:
I see where you're coming from, and i apologize if i seemed like a jerk.

you didn't - it's nice to hear some voice of reason here :)

Seasonreaper said:
Wait. Precure is for selling toys to young girls? Well I've chosen the wrong path on life...
Either that or the final few episodes of Heartcatch were the manliest thing aimed at young girls in history.

yes to both: selling toys and being quite manly - kind of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann with flowers, hearts and pink overload (and some people really compare those two - bit too much but I can see from where it's coming).
here is some stuff you can buy
still, they put it in a very good show, with nice plot and great animation (those transformations XD) - so I can't complain here. Also making it suited both for otaku and their kids is a good thing. They get money, I get fun :)

BTW bit of problem of Madoka is that it can't do the same - like I would have doubts to let my kid watch it... so they have to be creative in order to gain - plus I hope they won't go into Madoka-cakes again ;)
Dalek-bakaApr 24, 2012 5:03 PM
Apr 24, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Meh, I've seen things milked much more than this. I can't blame them for what they're doing though. It's extra publicity while offering the devoted (in this case, truly devoted) fanbase something to keep them occupied. Supply and demand.

Also, anyone else think a Final Fantasy XIII-2 style RPG based on this show would be amazing?
Apr 24, 2012 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, Japan thats enough. Just hurry up with Nekomonogatari, the third Eva movie, and Sword Art Online. You can forget about Madoka for now.
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Apr 25, 2012 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
jmal said:
kezthepieman said:
Nekomonogatari, the third Eva movie

...Haha, wow. I really hope other people can see the hilarity in this too.

(I'm really hoping you meant that entirely ironically, but in that case SAO wouldn't fit into the joke.)

I think it was supposed to be ironically, but SAO doesn't fit. If it was something like the Nanoha A's movie or a second K-ON! movie it would fit into the joke, but I can't quite tell if he's being serious or not.
May 2, 2012 1:21 AM
Dec 2011
Awesome. Just waiting for the trilogy series. Madoka ROCKS! =P

May 2, 2012 4:17 AM

Dec 2010
I always felt that Madoka's religion needed more coverage. all_my_money.jpg
I really don't get why too much of a good thing is bad. Did you guys even read the spin offs? They developed further parts of the story that an 12 episode anime was not.
They revealed in canon what Kyouko is like on off days, which was never seen in the anime in the Oriko Magica story.
The Drama CD also showed Kyouko and Mami's past, which was never revealed that they even had a connection to each other in the anime. They also further expanded on Kyouko's abilities and backstory.
May 14, 2012 4:50 PM

Dec 2008
I'm surprised people are still butthurt about Madoka's success. That's so 2011. o.O
Aug 27, 2012 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
The show wasn't that amazing. The ending in episode 12 seemed fine. I was hoping it would just stop there to be honest.
Sep 5, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
They just need to fill it with pictures of Homura and it would be a success (at least for me!).
Sep 6, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
I foresee spin-offs in the near future.
Sep 6, 2012 3:24 AM
Jan 2012
I know I'm not the only one who has said this. But honestly, my opinion on this series is that it is a good show. Had a good plot, great music and visuals. But seriously? You can't deny that it is very overrated.
Sep 13, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2010
I did love Madoka but I'm surprised they've started a magazine for it. I know they need to advertise but a magazine devoted to just that? You're basically buying an advert rather than a magazine.
Sep 25, 2012 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
I exploded out of happiness~!
Also, did you guys know the movies is going to air in 8 international countries?
Oct 21, 2012 11:10 PM
May 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Retarded

Just like you.
Dec 12, 2012 9:54 PM

Jun 2011
They should really stop with all the Madoka crap, they already have three movies, a video game, tons of merchandise, and now a magazine.
Dec 12, 2012 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
Rayla said:
They should really stop with all the Madoka crap, they already have three movies, a video game, tons of merchandise, and now a magazine.
Not enough Madoka still.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 12, 2012 10:02 PM
Oct 2010
Rayla said:

They are in the business of making money and fans are buying the merchandise, so both sides are getting what they want. Why are you guys so bitter over this? I love the show but the only thing I'd remotely get is the series/movies on BD. If people want more and they are delivering I see no harm.
Dec 13, 2012 1:44 AM

Nov 2007
Yes, don't be bitter on PMMM's popularity. I firmly believe that the series is getting the popularity, sales and adaptation that it deserve that most anime fail to reach.

Move on with life, buy that MADOKAMI figure today LMAO
Dec 13, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
Just another day in both Japan and the world of business. Nothing too special to see here.
Dec 16, 2012 3:15 AM
Mar 2011
How many issues have they published? Is it still being published?
Dec 16, 2012 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
Togop said:
How many issues have they published? Is it still being published?
Check here for the answer to your questions:
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Manga_Time_Kirara_Magica

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 21, 2013 8:10 PM
Apr 2011
This anime was sooooooooooooooo good but only a masterpiece for a short while like a year. I don't think it was meant to last this long. (THE MOVIES THOUGH) A magazine seems too much. I'm betting it won't last for more than half a year.
Jan 21, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2011
I hate to break it to you, but it already has.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 9, 2013 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
That sounds good, I guess.
Apr 24, 2013 11:45 PM
Apr 2013
Did madoka surpass bake in sales yet?
Apr 25, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
jmal said:
qqqq1222 said:

No. Neither title ranks anymore so they stopped at 78,671 for Bakemonogatari and 71,057 for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica in the last known numbers.

Were those the anime sales?
Apr 25, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
jmal said:
qqqq1222 said:

No. Neither title ranks anymore so they stopped at 78,671 for Bakemonogatari and 71,057 for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica in the last known numbers.
Were those the anime sales?
BD plus DVD sales.

Aug 9, 2013 2:17 AM
Jan 2013
and still publishing. Even announcing manga version of third movie.

This Magazine can fight at least another year lol.
Aug 9, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
Kitchiri said:
and still publishing. Even announcing manga version of third movie.
That's on the cover of vol.8 of the magazine. I think the art is very well done:

Aug 9, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2007
Oh Kyuubey, you little prankster, you also like seeing troubled Sayaka?
Aug 27, 2013 3:13 AM

Jul 2012
My body is prepared for this.
Aug 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
Probably just a series of promotional items, you know, so they can cash in just little more while building hype for the third movie

Cool down guys
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Hrm...have there been translations?
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
11 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.