Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda sad for Lancer.
He now thinks saber and irisviel set him up aswell with kiritsugi..
Apr 21, 2012 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
Man, that is one really Cold Fire Emiya right there the moment those 5 sniper shots hit Kayneth and his Fiance. Another epic Episode for me but this just show how really cold Emiya is.. I like it xD

Although he did show some emotion on this episode where he got angry regarding saber referring to him as a seeker of justice from when he was young.

And regarding Lancer... I think from all the Heroe's he's the only one who failed alot of stuff, suffered, humiliated and got his honour disgraced.. :(

Im thinking if he was to be reincarnated again as a Heroe for another Grail War he will not be in the Lancer (Spear) class anymore but in the Berserker Class >_>! Just look out how he's just about to Berserk as he gradually turns into dust until he disappears...
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Apr 21, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
roorensu-kun said:

Im thinking if he was to be reincarnated again as a Heroe for another Grail War he will not be in the Lancer (Spear) class anymore but in the Berserker Class >_>! Just look out how he's just about to Berserk as he gradually turns into dust until he disappears...

yea it could be berserker
but still a good chance of lancer or saber
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/
Apr 21, 2012 7:35 PM

Apr 2012
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

probably not berserker since the heroic spirit must go berserk during his lifetime
and summoned as a servant doesnt really count as being alive
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 21, 2012 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

probably not berserker since the heroic spirit must go berserk during his lifetime
and summoned as a servant doesnt really count as being alive

actualy your correct thanks
so either lancer or saber
Apr 21, 2012 7:40 PM

Jul 2009
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

Its just insane how he was one of the nicest Noble Hero together with Saber and Rider, but his end was probably life and personality changing. Even though FsN lancer died through suicide, F/Z lancer's death is going to the path of Berserk >_<"
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Apr 21, 2012 7:42 PM

Apr 2012
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

Its just insane how he was one of the nicest Noble Hero together with Saber and Rider, but his end was probably life and personality changing. Even though FsN lancer died through suicide, F/Z lancer's death is going to the path of Berserk >_<"

well good thing is he wont remember all the shit he went through the next time he is summoned...which is never...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 21, 2012 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

well good thing is he wont remember all the shit he went through the next time he is summoned...which is never...

well technicaly the throne of heros still exists(unless im forgetting something) so....
Apr 21, 2012 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

well technicaly the throne of heros still exists(unless im forgetting something) so....

grail is dismantled after fsn
Apr 21, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

another grail could be created its very unlikelly(unless type-moon decides it needs another spinoff) but still posible
Apr 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

another grail could be created its very unlikelly(unless type-moon decides it needs another spinoff) but still posible

moon cell war lol
Apr 21, 2012 8:07 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

moon cell war lol

i wish they hadnt cancelled fate/apocrypha some of the desings look great. like siegfried
Apr 21, 2012 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
lostfallstar said:
BloodRequiem said:
roorensu-kun said:
lostfallstar said:
roorensu-kun said:

moon cell war lol

i wish they hadnt cancelled fate/apocrypha some of the desings look great. like siegfried

novel is out
http://canonrap.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/apocrypha-act1/
haxed servants
Apr 21, 2012 8:17 PM

Oct 2009
Man ... the Fate world, damn it.

Lancer ...

Kiritsugu ...

Iri ...

Saber ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2012 8:21 PM

Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Just one thing of it in the spoiler
WTF at Assassin being MOE? I can also see her panties. Screw that! Seriously they should animate that or make a manga of it. Is there VN of this?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 21, 2012 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
While Kayneth and Sola-Ui were huge jerks and absolutely insane at this point, I couldn't help but feel disgusted with Kiritsugu's actions when I first read it in the light novel. While I can accept his reasoning as well as the fact that it is a very pragmatic method, I still can't help but feel that he could have been a bit less cold-hearted about it.

Lancer, I would say had the most depressing death. All he wanted was to have the second chance to serve a master in a sincerely loyal manner. But he was betrayed by his lord once again. Cursing the holy grail and those who led him on he dies feel betrayed and hating the world. Cruel. Just Cruel.

At the same time, this very pragmatic nature is what leads
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Apr 21, 2012 8:22 PM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
BloodRequiem said:
WTF at Assassin being MOE? I can also see her panties. Screw that! Seriously they should animate that or make a manga of it. Is there VN of this?

no
thats why i dont like it that much since they bastardized too much stuff
servants are more broken than the ones in fsn
Apr 21, 2012 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Lancer's final words, chilling.
Apr 21, 2012 8:25 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Yumekichi11 said:
BloodRequiem said:

no
thats why i dont like it that much since they bastardized too much stuff
servants are more broken than the ones in fsn

yea i was like wtf thats susposed to be jack the ripper?!?then i saw trap astolfo
now to begin reading
lostfallstarApr 21, 2012 8:28 PM
Apr 21, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
Siclo said:
Lancer's final words, chilling.

Of course. Considering what he's been put through within the span of a few minutes, he deserves the chance to at least say something like that.

Apr 21, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2012
This episode just showed exactly why I love Kiritsugu and the way he decides to handle things (though what he did to Kayneth was very hash).

Also R.I.P Lancer you will be missed
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Apr 21, 2012 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
On another note-
Seems like we'll see
within the next two weeks.

Apr 21, 2012 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Poor lancer, he wanted a fair and noble battle, but Kuritsugu plays the other way. I'm kinda pissed off against him, not completely because both of them had a point, let's see what happens in the next episodes.
DuroDeMatarApr 22, 2012 11:57 AM
Apr 21, 2012 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
i got a possible new favorite character! i love people who wants to save the world. i know no one have ever won the grail yet. lets see what will Kiritsugu will do when it is all said and done.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 21, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
SagaraYuzuru said:
My god. To see Lancer receiving such an unworthy end is painful. He had only one wish left in the war he swore to fight in and even that was crushed and thrown away. Having a rare second chance in life to make thing right and then meet the same end that was meet in his previous life, that must be truly suffering.

I agree with you…he shouldn’t have received that kind of death. It was terrible to watch. It was terrible to watch such a good hearted servant to turn into a bloody eyed, cursing one.

InfiniteDestiny said:
It was a very well done dialogue but in the end it breaks down to idealism vs realism, as pessimistic as Kiritsugu's words are i have to agree with them; you shouldn't justify death by saying it was honorable or clean; there is no glory in murder; whether for country or self, pride or hatred; the end result is the same and its always covered in blood.

At first I had thought that Kiritsugu’s act was unjust. But reading your comment…I guess the times are different and along with it the ideals and the values too. I agree with Kiritsugu’s realism, but he was still ruthless towards Lancer nonetheless and I despise him for that.

LostHanyou said:
Kanyeth shouldn't have signed the contract to become a magical girl

LOL.
Apr 21, 2012 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
CreationBreaker said:
On another note-
Seems like we'll see

Oh man, that's the most brutal part so far. I almost regret reading about it in advance.
Apr 21, 2012 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
Siclo said:
CreationBreaker said:
On another note-
Seems like we'll see

Oh man, that's the most brutal part so far. I almost regret reading about it in advance.

Heh. Just wait till you read Volume 4. hehehe.
On another note, I am going to get so much hate for this, but
FINAL DEAD LANCER

Apr 21, 2012 8:58 PM

Apr 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Siclo said:
CreationBreaker said:
On another note-
Seems like we'll see

Heh. Just wait till you read Volume 4. hehehe.
On another note, I am going to get so much hate for this, but
FINAL DEAD LANCER

its the luck...the luck...
Apr 21, 2012 8:59 PM
Apr 2011
Oh boy I feel bad for Lancer lol
Apr 21, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, Kiritsugu. Fuck chivalry, fuck pride, fuck honor.

I would have felt bad for Kayneth if he didn't treat Lancer that way but nope screw him. Lancer is better off killed anyway rather than continue to get humiliated and insulted. Not that way though.
Apr 21, 2012 9:35 PM

May 2009
So. Damn. Good. Seriously, it was such an intense episode that the actual fight between Saber and Lancer could almost be considered a breather.

And the BD version will be even better since it will most likely have a few cut scenes. For example, it seemed like part of Kiritsugu and Saber's talk was gone since they suddenly teleported from the corpses of Kayneth and Sola-Ui to the car, where Irisviel was standing.
Apr 21, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
Lancer died with humiliation, no honor or valor at all. Also Kiritsugu is such a twisted individual.
What happened with Irisviel?!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 21, 2012 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
Vizard said:
Lancer died with humiliation, no honor or valor at all. Also Kiritsugu is such a twisted individual.
What happened with Irisviel?!

Apr 21, 2012 9:41 PM
Apr 2012
I find myself siding with Kiritsugu here, there really is no point in sugar-coating the war. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you kill someone with your sword or underhanded tactics because they both lead to the same outcome.

My full blog post on this episode is here - http://goani.me/fate-zero-episode-16/
Apr 21, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2010
stAtic91 said:
And the BD version will be even better since it will most likely have a few cut scenes. For example, it seemed like part of Kiritsugu and Saber's talk was gone since they suddenly teleported from the corpses of Kayneth and Sola-Ui to the car, where Irisviel was standing.
Is it possible for someone to copy and paste the parts omitted even if from the LN. I would like to read them.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 21, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Another really solid episode. I felt really bad for Lancer, he really deserved a lot better. Didn't have too much sympathy for Kayneth and Sola, karma for those two.

I found Kiritsugu's way of killing to be very realistic and I share his belief; there is no honor on a battlefield because in the end, death is inevitable. It's a sad reality many fail to see. Compared to that, Saber and Lancer's code of honor is really no different. While they claim to be fighting for honor, the end result is (or would have been at least) one of them slaying the other. Kiritsugu stands on the realism side while Saber is definitely on the idealism side. Her ideals are really not that much different from Shiro's (FSN), just manifested in different ways.

Overall, this series is looking like a masterpiece the way it's going.

Apr 21, 2012 9:52 PM
Dec 2008
lancer death was very sad...
seems like things are going up exponentially...
so sad how things are going...
fate zero...def one of the best ever
Apr 21, 2012 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
I don't think anything I can say would justify the sheer awesomeness of this episode.

But I will say Kiritsugu's values are definitely not too far from the truth - no matter how twisted or demonic they seem. To be able to strive for the greater good while getting your hands dirty, I think that's more noble than from what any of the Heroic Spirits preached thus far.

Often one loses sight from the madness of wars, but it seems like Kiritsugu is even more determined to see his ideals come to fruition – even at an expense of his and other's pain and suffering. That's unfortunately the reality of achieving his goal. Dreams that are larger than life, never have a pretty road.
KurogashiApr 21, 2012 10:18 PM
Apr 21, 2012 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
"I will never forgive you for this!
Inhuman monsters who have ruined the image of a knight,
let my blood taint your dreams!
Let the Grail be cursed.
Let the wish it grants bring disaster!
And when you fall into the pits of Hell,
remember the rage of Diarmuid!"

Honestly... that was one of the most powerful moments I have ever felt in anime.
The music was fitting and everyone except Kiritsugu could not look Lancer in the face.
It was the epitome of betrayal, in every possible sense.

Kiritsugu's ideal of committing evil to get rid of evil has never been clear cut to be wrong or right. Both Saber and Kiritsugu make valid points. Kiritsugu believes a battlefield is hell and no matter how you slice it, honour or not, the battlefield is a place of death. Victory, in all its glory, is a crime that the defeated pay for in their lives. And I certainly agree there are too many people who died in vain for the sake of honour and glory. However, Saber does make her counterpoint that by committing evil to get rid of evil, you are becoming exactly which you are fighting against. Once you are unable to see your goal, you ultimately become what you have tried to eliminate.

It's along the same moral ambiguity as whether you would be willing to kill 1 person to save 1000 others. Does the end justify the means?

Even if you didn't appreciate the moral dilemmas, the fighting in this episode was top notch. Well choreographed and not just random flailing like in the other Fate anime (*cough Deen*)... Loved, Saber's sidestep of the lance especially.

It looks like another Master is going to be taken out next episode as well. Can't wait!
Apr 21, 2012 10:25 PM

Apr 2009
Lancer's suffering ends here. However, he lost in one of the ugliest ways possible, through betrayal, from his Master, no less. He did not exit the war from defeat in battle, but instead from forced suicide.

This event could have damaged Saber and Kiritsugu's relationship further, but I think Saber understood (but not necessarily agreed on) Kiritsugu's position when he mentioned that he was willing to even stain his hands with every evil if it means he could change the world for the better.

The anti-hero Kiritsugu's ruthless methods seem incredibly dark and twisted in full view here, but it also underscores just how deeply disillusioned he is, as alluded to by Saber when she mentioned that he must have once believed in heroes and justice.

Now we also have our second, actual death of another Master, which leaves just five Masters: Kiritsugu, Waver, Kariya, Tokiomi and Kirei. With Lancer out of the war, we have only four Servants remaining: Saber, Rider, Berserker and Archer.
Apr 21, 2012 10:29 PM

Aug 2010
Now this is Fate/Zero. Now I'm starting to see Urobochi's writing. Diarmuids death was brutal, probably one of the worst ways to die, it was done really well. Same with Kayneth and Sola. So what was up with people calling Fate/Zero shounen? Hopefully this episode opened up your minds.

I'm starting to really understand Kiritsugu more and I definitely agree with his methods. I'm interested to see his past story. So far this is anime is top-tier. Definitely one of the best I've seen. If this keeps up it will remain 10/10 for me.
Ragna92Apr 21, 2012 10:56 PM
Apr 21, 2012 11:01 PM

Jan 2010
Trust, betrayal and death.. in this episode we've seen the dark side of this anime, and maybe the dark side of life also. As I have not experienced it, I don't know if this really happens n real life, but the cruel ways of Kiritsugu maybe the truth..

Lancer may not have deserved his death, but the other two certainly does. I pity Lancer for thinking that Saber was also part of this plan, for dying because of being betrayed(Lancer in FSN was also commanded to commit suicide in the UBW route if I recall :D), and for not being able to have a good fight with Saber until the last moment.

Kayneth and Sola was killed brutally, but it's not that surprising since they were also doing strategies that allowed them to be safe in battle hence, they were simply outdone by Kiritsugu's strategy.

It's a game of kill in whatever way possible, or be killed in whatever traps or tactics your enemy has planned.

Different opinions made by different people of different era. Their ways of looking on things are contrasting and because of that, it's interesting to watch even if the dialogues are long, so I don't doubt Fate/zero being ranked 8 :D..
Apr 21, 2012 11:02 PM

May 2010
Yo this Shit was Raw, the way lancer being betrayed like that by his master and the humiliation that went along with it he just wanted an honorable dual was that to much to ask?, Sola Didnt deserve getting her Hand Cut off and kill i mean Kayneth deserved it but she didnt, Man Kiritsugu is one cold motherfucker the mind game was kinda tight "i cant kill you but she can shit was to cold"

10/10
Apr 21, 2012 11:14 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
stAtic91 said:
Is it possible for someone to copy and paste the parts omitted even if from the LN. I would like to read them.

Here's the whole conversation:
Apr 21, 2012 11:22 PM

Aug 2011
Poor..... poor Lancer....
Apr 21, 2012 11:37 PM

May 2011
Well said, Emiya Kiritsugu.

This is reality, this is war. To forever end the cycle of bloodshed, he will dirty/burden his hands with all the blood and evil in the world and suffer, gladly. THAT is what I call noble, not Saber and Lancer's illusion. Kiritsugu is definitely in my top 5 favourite anime characters of all time and still growing.

Lots of blood, tactics and emotions. Though I did feel bad for Lancer, I'm glad he went down like that. If he lost in battle, he would seem more inferior.

I'm worried about Iri-Kun passing out in the end there...

Fate/Zero has left a huge impact with this episode, keep up the good work.
Apr 21, 2012 11:42 PM

Apr 2012
Hydnlife said:
Yo this Shit was Raw, the way lancer being betrayed like that by his master and the humiliation that went along with it he just wanted an honorable dual was that to much to ask?, Sola Didnt deserve getting her Hand Cut off and kill i mean Kayneth deserved it but she didnt, Man Kiritsugu is one cold motherfucker the mind game was kinda tight "i cant kill you but she can shit was to cold"

10/10

actually she deserved to die more than kayneth since it was she who started all this jealousy shit between them
Apr 21, 2012 11:45 PM

Apr 2012
It's true that Kiritsugu's words ring true for the real world. However, one thing you either forgetting or are unaware of is that this is a world where there IS an afterlife that weighs your chivalry and honor, or lack thereof. Avalon, Valhala, whatever you want to call it-an afterlife for people that live heroic lives exists. In fact, this "dream of dying heroes" is literally what powers Saber, not in terms of willpower but in actual weaponized form. Thus, in this universe, it DOES in fact matter whether you fight honorably or cowardly.
Apr 22, 2012 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
Tch, Lancer's words werent just true to the Holy Grail War but also to the real world about people having no honor. It's a sad thing.

R.I.P Lancer
The Last Man of Honor

Apr 22, 2012 12:16 AM

Apr 2012
Moekou said:
It's true that Kiritsugu's words ring true for the real world. However, one thing you either forgetting or are unaware of is that this is a world where there IS an afterlife that weighs your chivalry and honor, or lack thereof. Avalon, Valhala, whatever you want to call it-an afterlife for people that live heroic lives exists. In fact, this "dream of dying heroes" is literally what powers Saber, not in terms of willpower but in actual weaponized form. Thus, in this universe, it DOES in fact matter whether you fight honorably or cowardly.

avalon is only for saber
other heroic spirits go to the throne of heroes
humans...pretty sure their souls get recycled
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.