Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
May 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Mar 2012
Kiritsugu cares not for your honor or righteousness. Sucks how Lancer went out. His curse, I believe, will definitely come to pass.
Jun 4, 2012 7:21 AM

Sep 2009
No no not Lancer :(
no!
n o ..
Jun 21, 2012 3:07 AM

May 2012
Wow! Kiritsugu is ridiculously cutthroat! Although a part of me doesn't really approve of the methods he's using, I do have to admit that this is a war. There are no rules in war, plain and simple. You do whatever you have to do to get the job done, which is what he's done.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 21, 2012 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Uchihafan25 said:
Wow! Kiritsugu is ridiculously cutthroat! Although a part of me doesn't really approve of the methods he's using, I do have to admit that this is a war. There are no rules in war, plain and simple. You do whatever you have to do to get the job done, which is what he's done.

Why do people keep saying this. There ARE rules in war. Without rules you have stuff like the holocaust and the Rape of Nanking. How about nerve gas being dropped over entire cities. No rules right? Those civilians are pussies crying about massacres and all that shit. Man up! No rules Baby!!!! Sigh... The rules aren't always obeyed, but as a human, soldiers on the ground and in the command room should do all they can to obey the rules and convention layed out. Its one of the only things stopping humans from becoming monsters.
The Art of Eight
Jun 21, 2012 10:06 PM

Aug 2009
dankickyou said:
Uchihafan25 said:

Why do people keep saying this. There ARE rules in war. Without rules you have stuff like the holocaust and the Rape of Nanking. How about nerve gas being dropped over entire cities. No rules right? Those civilians are pussies crying about massacres and all that shit. Man up! No rules Baby!!!! Sigh... The rules aren't always obeyed, but as a human, soldiers on the ground and in the command room should do all they can to obey the rules and convention layed out. Its one of the only things stopping humans from becoming monsters.

I would like to agree with you but war itself is one of the biggest atrocities.The only difference that "war crimes" do is to help us see who was the "worst" war leader.Whats the difference in dying by poison or a bullet to the head?Unless you are fighting in a war to protect your city/country from the invaders, you stopped being human the moment you grabbed your weapons.
Jun 21, 2012 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
Uchihafan25 said:

I would like to agree with you but war itself is one of the biggest atrocities.The only difference that "war crimes" do is to help us see who was the "worst" war leader.Whats the difference in dying by poison or a bullet to the head?Unless you are fighting in a war to protect your city/country from the invaders, you stopped being human the moment you grabbed your weapons.

Sure, war is bad. But that is the reason why rules of war/engagement exist, to reduce the impacts of war especially to non-combatants. Again, it's not perfect and has been ignored many times in the past, but the fact is that these rules have save many lives and can stop wars from falling to total fuckfests of chaos. Imagine if country A ignores conventions and kills country B citizens with bio-weapons. Country B is gonna flip the fuck out and do the same. Then everything goes to shit x 9000 instead of shit x 2000. These agreements helps to keep things somewhat manageable.
The Art of Eight
Jun 21, 2012 11:38 PM

Aug 2009
dankickyou said:
ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
Uchihafan25 said:

Sure, war is bad. But that is the reason why rules of war/engagement exist, to reduce the impacts of war especially to non-combatants. Again, it's not perfect and has been ignored many times in the past, but the fact is that these rules have save many lives and can stop wars from falling to total fuckfests of chaos. Imagine if country A ignores conventions and kills country B citizens with bio-weapons. Country B is gonna flip the fuck out and do the same. Then everything goes to shit x 9000 instead of shit x 2000. These agreements helps to keep things somewhat manageable.

I think that shit will happen even if agreements exist.If things dont get out of hand (nuclear bombs,new holocaust)it's because of human common sense not because of "laws" or rules.And I believe that if those rules,laws or the fucking useless UN,existed to protect innocents, then the Syrian uprising and the so called war on terrorism from the US wouldnt be something to fill more than two pages in the future history books.
Jun 22, 2012 12:24 AM

Apr 2012
The rules are defined by the winners.
Winners are always the war heroes.
And the losers are always the criminals and needs to pay reparation.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 24, 2012 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
holy cow that episode was bloody. i was speechless for a bit.

Jun 27, 2012 12:07 AM
Apr 2010
Damn I love characters like Kiritsugu. Amazing episode.
Jun 27, 2012 7:18 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was a pretty damn way of ending their lives...pretty badass if you ask me, but I can't say I approve his way of doing things (cause I don't).

But the episode was really good and I'm really interested in Kiritsugu's character.
Jun 30, 2012 12:46 PM

Feb 2009
People are going down really quick now :/

Loving it so far... never, for the life of me, would I expect Lancer to go down like that and so suddenly, and then such an emotional scene follows. Really great stuff. That's how I like my anime, stuff happens.
Jul 3, 2012 5:17 AM

Feb 2009
Very heavy episode...gotta pity Lancer. Such a tragic fate, both in life and in death.
Iri's condition is worsening, it seems. Wondering what's wrong with her.
Also, need to see more of Kiritsugu's background.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jul 6, 2012 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
Lancer is the most luckless character here as well as in original Fate/Stay Night. Besides, I like stories by Kinoko Nasu, sometimes the dialogues in them are very philosophic. That`s why I liked this episode...
Jul 16, 2012 12:29 PM
May 2012
Extremely deep episode. Kuritsugu is just too brutal.... have to pity Lancer that was killing his pride and he looks so demonic in the end.
One touching episode

Aug 12, 2012 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
So sad to see Lancer die in such a way, but Kiritsugu is doing the right thing. All that pride, honour and glory stuff is just an illusion. Good to see a character who is actually going about this whole scenario in a smarter way.
Aug 25, 2012 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
Kiritsugu kinda reminds me of Spike from Cowboy Bebop.Anyway brilliant episode
Sep 4, 2012 11:08 PM

Jun 2011
Beautiful episode. Kiritsugu is God.
Sep 6, 2012 2:33 PM
Jul 2011
Amazing episode.
Sep 11, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. Great fight. Great dialogue. 5/5

My wish from last episode came true, let's hope they keep this up for the other 9 episodes
End Zionazism
Sep 12, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Kiritsugu was freaking awesome in this episode!
Sep 14, 2012 6:04 PM

Mar 2009
Terrible ending for Kayneth.
Sep 15, 2012 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
What an efficient way to win! Haha, he got that one command seal just to make lancer kill himself. How ironic!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 15, 2012 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Sad episode.
Sep 18, 2012 1:55 AM

Apr 2010
Lancer was forced to suicide and he cursed the Grail. I understand it was the more painful end for him, no honor in this battle.
Kiritsugu and Maya are monsters. We have Irisviel with a lot of humanity on her side, but it's really hard to accept all for the sake of the world.
By the way, Kirei's father died on the same night when his son betrayed his duty. Such irony!
Sep 29, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 2011
The way he killed Kayneth was so ... pro
Sep 30, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
Fuck man......Lancer. He and Saber(I know shes a girl) had one of the best Bromances i've ever seen in an anime, and him going down like that is just sickening. What the fuck is wrong with chivalry anyway!? It seems to me like its a way to find honor in a dishonorable thing, a way to cope with this cruel world and keep ones pride...there is absolutly nothing wrong with that. I agree chivalry is dead, but it truely shouldn't be! Finding solace in a battle between equals, keeping your pride and your soul intact by doing honorable battle with someone who feels the same way as you..... whether you die or not, it would be a death to be proud of. Lancer was stripped of that right, torn down and had his ideals smashed before him. This scene was fucking brutal to watch. May Kiritsugu's soul forever burn in the firery depths of Hell!!
Oct 16, 2012 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
Too bad for Lancer. I was hoping for some more action. :/

Three down, three more to go.
Oct 16, 2012 9:29 PM
Jan 2012
Sad to see Lancer dying in that awful way.

Btw, Kiritsugu ftw.
Oct 23, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2012
While Kiritsugu is cool and strategic ,and has the spy/sniper/hitman theme going for him he still plays dirty as hell.
Nov 1, 2012 4:19 AM

Oct 2012
the scene where kiritsugu made his speech felt more powerful in the novels but nevertheless it is a good adaptation
Nov 14, 2012 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
It was a great brutal episode but must say, lots of blood!! The Fiancé. Death was brutal!!
Sniper shot wow.....
Why must they kill my favorite character? Plus suicide? Oh come on the battle of Lancer and. Saber was getting awesome!!
I for one feel sorry for Lancer...
Emiya has skills but should of let the fight go on but then that means someone death oh man this had to happen?
I like the battle while it lasted
Nov 24, 2012 2:43 AM

May 2012
Damn trickery made lancer kill him self, I actually liked him as a character on the quest for the holy grail! Though yea when he said that he couldn't kill him I just expected someone else would/could!

Though rather a slow episode in general though allot of information!
Dec 10, 2012 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode.

Man Kiritsugu has some dirty tactics.
Dec 19, 2012 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode I've watched so far.
On the one hand Lancer's death was so sad, and on the other hand the fight scene and the never dissapointing badass kiritsugu made this episode brilliant.
Two ideas were clashed : while Kiritsugu said that the method of killing humans doesn't matter, Saber believed even that must to have rules and morality.

Brilliant episode, but...
RIP Lancer :(((
Dec 21, 2012 9:33 PM

Nov 2009
Oh shit seems Irisviel or w/e her name was is gonna die soon, sad but knew it was coming so ...

Lancer seemed pretty mad, like VERY mad at his fate, probably will come back as the next Berserker some day if these wars were to continue ... And don't really feel bad for Kayneth dying since he was kind of smug, glad his fiance died since she was a bitch so... Guess everything worked out in the end.
Dec 22, 2012 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
Oh shit seems Irisviel or w/e her name was is gonna die soon, sad but knew it was coming so ...

Lancer seemed pretty mad, like VERY mad at his fate, probably will come back as the next Berserker some day if these wars were to continue ... And don't really feel bad for Kayneth dying since he was kind of smug, glad his fiance died since she was a bitch so... Guess everything worked out in the end.
Only their legends,myths and state of mind hey had during their lifes affects their stats,NP or class.

Unless Lancer was crazy(angry doesnt even count unless you lost it because of that) during some point of his life he wont be summoned as a Berserker.
Jan 3, 2013 3:47 PM
Mar 2010
Well I didn't expect any of that. I really enjoyed the episode though.
Lancer's eyes at the end were awesome.
Jan 30, 2013 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
I love all the different perspectives of the characters, it makes them more life-like. I was expecting Lancer's master to decline the contract and continue trying to get the Grail, but he isn't so evil and greedy after all since he chose his fiance over it.

I thought that Kiritsugu was horrible when he killed the two of them, but I agreed with his reasons to some extent. It's great how this series usually makes me think about my views in life more :)

- Killing Lancer was horrible though. I would have preferred Saber to be with Lancer and not Shirou but oh well. ^_^''
Jan 31, 2013 2:03 AM
Aug 2011
It is a good thing that Kiritsugu didn't see Shirou's teenager self :)
Mar 3, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
I sure didn't expect Lancer to die like that. I'm actually quite pissed off.

Mar 6, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
my favorite episode,
but my question is,did Lancer curse the grail?
i remember something about the grail being cursed in FateStayNight
Mar 7, 2013 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
zombiepika said:
my favorite episode,
but my question is,did Lancer curse the grail?
i remember something about the grail being cursed in FateStayNight
No, the Grail was tainted in the 3rd war by the Servant Avenger after his defeat.
Lancer cursing it was a coincidence.
Mar 10, 2013 8:27 AM
Jan 2010
emotsugu at it again
just the kind of character that can ruin a series by his very presence
Apr 9, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
One of my favourite episodes in the Fate series so far
A great battle of ethics that probably has everything thinking. I know a lot of people claim it as cheap or disgusting but honestly I agree with Kiritsugu... Killing is killing and I don't really believe in honour and chivalry on a battlefield. I'd honestly do the same thing if I was forced into his position. The easiest way to end his enemies
Apr 28, 2013 10:56 AM

Oct 2010
I also completely agree with Kiritsugus way of doing things, lots of lives could be saved with the holy grail and letting lancer and saber finish their fight would have only resulted in unnecessary risks.
May 10, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my goodness gracious, now that is the Fate/ series I've been looking for. Constantly changing alliances and power struggles, betrayal, straight up epic fights with no overly-magical elements to them and totally badass Kiritsugu.

Easily my favourite episode so far, that was just excellent. And the argument between Saber and Kiritsugu at the end, along with Irisviel's collapse just finished off an already amazing episode.

Perfect, 5/5 (I do not say that often!)
Jun 11, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit that was a great episode. Didn't expect Lancer to be dishonored and killed along with his master. Kiritsugu's way of freeing the world from evil is kind of harsh. And what's happening to Irisviel ? Why did she collapse ? Need to watch the next episode.
Always-HungryJul 11, 2013 8:13 AM
Jun 12, 2013 4:41 AM

Nov 2012
ah this guy.. kayneth finally show up again in this episode.. look what had he done? -_- he kill the pastor -_-

btw nice fight saber vs lancer :3 really cool btw.. :3
kinda dissapointed lancer kill himself because kiritsugu :/
Jun 25, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2009
ownosourus said:
I sure didn't expect Lancer to die like that. I'm actually quite pissed off.

As am I, brah.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.