Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2008 2:55 AM

Dec 2007
Ok, I'm sure any football fanatic will have thought of this before. Imagine you could pick any player out of Utd's history to play right now. Who would be part of your dream team? Here's mine:

Goalkeeper:
Peter Schmeichel
Speaks for itself, really. Best goalkeeper I have seen in my lifetime. A real no brainer.

Defenders (right to left):
Gary Nevile
His forward runs and crosses helped Utd so many times in his career. Not the best defender in the world, but a good assist player.

Nemanja Vidic
Not the fastest defender in the world, but after he was bought, it brought out hte best in Rio Ferdinand, and he is good in the penalty box too.

Steve Bruce
Was a really good leader and captain during his time at Old Trafford. Great scorer being a defender, and was calm and composed most of the time.

Denis Irwin
Dunno how many of you can remember him, but I can't really remember a really good left back at Utd. He was just about hte best I could remember, with his set piece ability.

Midfielders (right to left)
David Beckham
Before Posh Spice ruined his career, he was the best technical player I've seen. Precise crossing, corners, free kicks, and scoring plenty of goals. Of course, that was before he wed Posh. Even after that, he still maintained a certain standard of play.

Roy Keane (c)
My captain. Competative, great tackler and has plenty of spunk. Best defensive midfielder we ever had.

Paul Scholes
Till now, Scholes is still an intregral part of the club. No longer scoring as freely as he used to, he has now become the pace setter fot Utd. With his excellent passing success rates, he is one of the best attacking midfielders in the world, even today.

Ryan Giggs
A no-brainer, the position of left winger for Utd will always be him. Great dribbler, crosser, and scorer. Club loyalty goes to him too, being around since I started watching football.

Forward
Eric Cantona
Another no brainer for me, Cantona was the reason I started watching Utd. Brilliant player, but ended his career too early for the footballing world to accept.

Ruud van Nistelrooy
Not exactly my favourite striker, but he scores goals like it was all he knew, and thus, he deserves a place in my list.

Subtitutes
GK: Edwin van der Sar
The only goalkeeper that ever came close to matching the great Schmeichel

DFs: Rio Ferdinand & Jaap Stam
Rio can be among hte best in the world, if he just concentrated more. Jaap was the best of his time, but ended his Utd career early because of a feud with Fergie.

MFs: Christiano Ronaldo & Michael Carrick
Ronaldo isn't my favourite player in the world (as I've mentioned), but he deserves credit for being top goal scorer last season. Carrick is a very underrated player. He does a role that merges defence and attack, kinda like what Andrea Pirlo does for Ac Milan.

FWs: Mark Hughes & Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Mark Hughes was the Ruud van Nistelrooy of that time. A truly great scorer. Ole is, of course, the super-sub. And he needs to be here after that goal during the 1999 treble.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 15, 2008 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
GK: Edwin vd Sar
RB: Wes Brown
LF: Patrice Evra
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Laurent Blanc
RM: David Beckham
LM: Ryan Giggs
CM:
CM:
FW: Wayne Rooney
FW: George Best

Subs:
Peter Schemichel
Gary Neville
Paul Scholes
Cristiano Ronaldo
Eric Cantona

I don't know who should place for CM, well I'm not fave for Keane and Scholes as starter.
zefirissSep 15, 2008 9:54 PM
Sep 15, 2008 10:08 PM

Dec 2007
I'd never thought I'd see Laurent Blanc in anyone's Dream Team. He was a good player, but by the time he joined Utd, he was already way past his peak.
Sep 16, 2008 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
HalberdierRetsel said:
I'd never thought I'd see Laurent Blanc in anyone's Dream Team. He was a good player, but by the time he joined Utd, he was already way past his peak.

hehe, I see him as a strong defender with mature attitude, he a real defense general ^^. Actually, I wanna include Veron in first team, I feel he better than Scholes, but he not happy in United.
Nov 15, 2008 10:09 AM
Nov 2008
GK: Peter Schmeichel
RB: Actually Irwin, hope Rafael will be :)
LF: Patrice Evra
CB: Nemanja Vidic
CB: Bruce
RM: David Beckham
LM: Ryan Giggs
CM: Roy Keane
CM: Robson
FW: Eric Cantona (C)
FW: George Best

Joker: 20LE Gunnar Solskjaer :)
Aug 10, 2016 7:10 AM
May 2016
GK Edwin Van Der Sar
LB Rafeal Da silva
CB Vidic (C)
CB Ferdinand
RB Gary Neville
RM David beckham
CM Giggs
CM Scholes
LM Dwight Yorke
ST Sir Boddy Chartmen
ST Wayne Rooney

subs
gk De Gea
cb P Jones
mids Ronaldo, Pogba, Di Maria
ST Ole gunner, Ibra
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Player Ever?

removed-user - Feb 29, 2016

6 by Darkwing_X »»
Mar 7, 2019 10:48 AM

» Anime Football Team

Ligoshi - Jan 29, 2018

1 by SuperiorOne »»
Aug 28, 2018 12:42 PM

» FPL - Anime Premier League

x264titan - Jan 2, 2018

0 by x264titan »»
Jan 2, 2018 12:42 AM

» 2018 Summer Transfers

x264titan - Jun 2, 2017

1 by kenshin514 »»
Jun 2, 2017 10:45 PM

» January Transfer Window

MWinley - Dec 15, 2009

1 by kenshin514 »»
Dec 26, 2009 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.