Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2012 4:22 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bitter sweet ending, I would have like to see the wedding, I think it would of been a nicer ending, but this ending was ok to, I guess.
Hi
Apr 19, 2012 4:32 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Even though I'd have liked to see the wedding, I think this was actually better. We got the wedding as a cover so I'm good<3 The ending was rly so cute! Just like 10 years ago, it was finished where their dream began C:

Even though I was kinda bored with some of the arcs with Bakuman (especially that "villain" *rolls eyes* How many times did he return? >.>) but I feel sad it actually ended :<

Well it was good though! *thumbs up*
Apr 19, 2012 4:44 AM
Oct 2009
Ok, I was spoiled by Fullmetal's uber ending chapter with booms and fireworks and a ton of pages but...

dafuq did I just read?

After all those chapters about ending a manga at its peak with the grandest finale ever, we get this? Lolwut?
Apr 19, 2012 4:49 AM

Mar 2011
It's a good ending, but could have been better. I will miss Bakuman
Can't wait to read the next piece of Ohba and Obata sensei. Hope it will be as amazing as death note and Bakuman
Apr 19, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2008
Good ending to the series, hope there is some epilogue ^^
Apr 19, 2012 4:57 AM

May 2009
Hawaiian420 said:
Bitter sweet ending

Do you even know definition of BITTER SWEET ENDING?

Why japanese can't do proper ending. It's definetely happy ending, but it's shame that rest of characters wasn't showed.
I hope anime shows at least wedding during credits.
Apr 19, 2012 5:03 AM

Sep 2010
bastek66 said:
Hawaiian420 said:
Bitter sweet ending

Why japanese can't do proper ending. It's definetely happy ending, but it's shame that rest of characters wasn't showed.

Rest of characters were in previous chapter.

The last chapter was what we could predict... glad that there wasn't anything anoying in it... well chapter of bakuman every week will be Missed.
Apr 19, 2012 5:04 AM

Nov 2008
Strange ending. Most of the characters didn't appear. And after so much talk about wedding, we didn't actually see it. Just proposal or sort of.
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
Apr 19, 2012 5:04 AM

Mar 2011
A little anti-climatic, but I guess it works.
..what to read now?
Apr 19, 2012 5:10 AM

Jul 2011
I really wanted to see the wedding!! But it's ok, a beauty ending. I suppose there will be an epilogue chapter to complete the 20th volume. Maybe the wedding or a "2 years later" chapter.
Apr 19, 2012 5:16 AM

Dec 2010
Nice ending. but i want more after story.

woonie said:
I hope there would be a special epilogue chapter.

pretty much this.
Aquila_ElApr 19, 2012 5:20 AM
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Apr 19, 2012 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
good chapter.
can't say more. i'll miss this series

Apr 19, 2012 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
I thought the last chapter would be longer as it did feel a little too short but enjoyed the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 5:33 AM
Sep 2007
bastek66 said:
Hawaiian420 said:
Bitter sweet ending

It was bitter sweet to me, it was bitter cause I really wanted to see a wedding and more of the other characters. Don't have to go all rage mode on me, dam dude, chill out.
Hi
Apr 19, 2012 5:34 AM
Apr 2012
I still can't believe that it ended.... hope there would be some kind of epilogue/a special.
Apr 19, 2012 5:39 AM

May 2008
NOOO IT ENDED. Im really sad that Takagi didnt make an appearance especially since its a final chapter . Oh well . ITS OVER NO MORE BAKUMAN TO ENJOY :(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 19, 2012 5:45 AM

Mar 2012
It feels a bit anticlimactic, but its got the same "awwwww" feeling that I got from the first chapter :). Great series, hoping for an epilogue as well.
Apr 19, 2012 5:46 AM
Dec 2008
And so it ends. I'm glad they did not drag the story, this was a great ending.Too bad we didn't see some characters in the previous chapter. Overall, a great manga, one of the best shounen i've read. Really loved the concept and I wished some of the mangas presented in Bakuman would become actual manga.

I really cannot wait for Ohba and Obata's new piece. I'm really intrigued what will they come up with !!
Apr 19, 2012 5:53 AM

Feb 2012
I was looking forward to a more Grand ending finale for the series ... but it was okay despite the ending being quite short.
Apr 19, 2012 5:54 AM

May 2009
Hawaiian420 said:
It was bitter sweet to me, it was bitter cause I really wanted to see a wedding and more of the other characters. Don't have to go all rage mode on me, dam dude, chill out.

Bittersweet ending - An ending that contains a mix of sadness and happiness.

There wasn't anything sad in this ending, man. Don't make stupid definitions. It was just anticlimatic Ferrari end.
Apr 19, 2012 6:01 AM

Mar 2011
Good end. :')
Apr 19, 2012 6:02 AM

Nov 2009
Well the ending was OK but coulda been much better. 3/5 for the ending and 9/10 overall.

I'm glad they didnt drag this manga till no end like most of the shounens and ended it on a high note.
Apr 19, 2012 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
...that's it? Disappointing end is disappointing.

2/5, 8/10 for the manga.
Apr 19, 2012 6:07 AM

May 2009
No wedding on scene.
You'll never see Akito as best man and Kaya as bridesmaid.
You'll never see Ashirogi Muto's children.
You'll never see anymore of Eiji.
Fukuda will never be happy.
You'll never see Hiramaru and Aoki marry either.

This ending is as disappointing as the Mass Effect 3 one, only instead of having three colors to pick we have only two: black and white.
Apr 19, 2012 6:11 AM

Apr 2010
Arashi89 said:
No wedding on scene.

This ending is as disappointing as the Mass Effect 3 one, only instead of having three colors to pick we have only two: black and white.

I feel like chapter 175-176 were both rushed as heck.
Apr 19, 2012 6:23 AM

Feb 2010
Ending was a bit underwhelming, an epilogue might be helpful. Been following this manga since day one, not because I knew it was a new Ohba/Obata's work.

There were many ups and downs but generally it's been a nice ride.
Apr 19, 2012 6:32 AM

May 2009
First impression...

WHY DID IT HAVE TO END ALREADY?!?

though the ending was wonderful

i'd like to see the wedding and after the wedding -___-

GREAT MANGA!!

DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MANGAS!!!

BAKUMAN FTW!!!
Apr 19, 2012 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
I can't believe it just ended. It didn't feel like one when I opened the chapter. I was totally expecting more chapters for the wedding, the reactions of people, more hardships. They really gave us another surprise in the end.

Oh well, it was a great chapter. Overall, Bakuman was a manga that made me look forward to it each week. It was a great ride. If only they made my OTP canon it would have been perfect to my eyes.

/endrant.
Apr 19, 2012 6:52 AM
Mar 2012
I must say I was expecting a better ending from such an amazing manga :/ it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. It was all about Mashiro and Miho which is understable since the manga began with their story, but we didn't get to see anything about other characters (where the hell is Takagi?! he's the main character too!)

but well, the ending wasn't the best but it was sweet for sure :3 I've been waiting to see these two get together <3
I'm gonna miss Bakuman so much and I hope there will be an epilogue and also can't wait for the next piece by Ohba and Obata xD
Apr 19, 2012 6:54 AM
Mar 2012
Solkiskey said:
Arashi89 said:
No wedding on scene.

I feel like chapter 175-176 were both rushed as heck.

same here...
Apr 19, 2012 7:00 AM

Jun 2009
I was hoping for an epilogue, but it was a cute chapter. I'm glad they made their dreams come true and can now be together.

Can't wait for Ohba and Obata's next piece!
[/center]
Apr 19, 2012 7:01 AM

Nov 2009
So... that's it? I have to agree with those who call it a rushed ending. It was almost as if the manga was cancelled and the two mangakas were told that they have to finish Bakuman this week. I wouldn't have anything against this chapter if it was the penultimate chapter, but for a final chapter it was too sudden. It would have been nice to have another chapter for an epilogue.
Apr 19, 2012 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
You know, there's a fairly high chance they'll release a one shot with the wedding. In any case, I thought it was a fine ending, and I've quite enjoyed reading this series. 9/10.
Apr 19, 2012 7:20 AM
Apr 2011
Jesus, this is like Mahou sensei negima all over again. The series as a whole is extremely well done but this ending is pretty much a major let down.

Ohba, Obata, if you guys don't want to do a where-are-they-now ending, at least show us the wedding! I have been looking forward to that since day one.
Apr 19, 2012 7:26 AM

Mar 2010
This felt kinda... I don't know. I still can't get into my head that it's the last chapter. Not because I wouldn't want it to end but because it DOESN'T feel like the last chapter. NO other charatcers but Mashiro and Miho got an ending. We don't know what will happen to them. We don't know if Ashirogi Muto will make another succesful manga. Heck we don't even know if Mashiro and Miho got safely back or crashed on the way!! O.o I seriously hope this is will get lots of bad reactions that the authors will be forced to make a REAL ending chapter. Possibly a look into the future, that would be ideal imo.

SaiyaGin said:
So... that's it? I have to agree with those who call it a rushed ending. It was almost as if the manga was cancelled and the two mangakas were told that they have to finish Bakuman this week. I wouldn't have anything against this chapter if it was the penultimate chapter, but for a final chapter it was too sudden. It would have been nice to have another chapter for an epilogue.

I agree with you but I think it's certain that it wasn't cancelled since Bakuman had quite high sales and was nearly always in top 5 (many times in top 3) in Jump questionnares. Maybe the authors had enough of it and wanted to finish it as fast as possible, maybe to start on their new manga. Either way, the "ending" feels like a huge let down.
Apr 19, 2012 7:27 AM

Sep 2006
SaiyaGin said:

I agree. The last page was really cute and all, but it doesn't give a conclusion on the story. Mashiro and Azuki aren't even married yet, only proposed. For being the main character, we sure don't get a lot of screentime for Mashiro. Now we didn't even get to see their wedding or their life together.

I would rate this chapter as a 4/10 because the pacing was forced as heck in this chapter. But we had more than a hundred good chapters, so I'll just pretend I didn't read this chapter. The previous chapter (175) was a far better point to end Bakuman than this chapter IMO. After all, either do it well, or don't do it at all. This chapter was just ... half-hearted.
Apr 19, 2012 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
WTF?! It ended just like that? NOOOOOOO I want more Bakuman!
Apr 19, 2012 7:30 AM
Sep 2007
bastek66 said:
Hawaiian420 said:

Bittersweet ending - An ending that contains a mix of sadness and happiness.

There wasn't anything sad in this ending, man. Don't make stupid definitions. It was just anticlimatic Ferrari end.

I said it was bitter sweet to me, I was happy and sad at the same time, rage more good sir.
Hi
Apr 19, 2012 7:52 AM

Sep 2010
I hope there'll be one epilogue chapter.

Apr 19, 2012 8:17 AM

May 2010
I'M CRYING. I don't want it to be over!! T_T
The ending would have been perfect if they had said more about the other characters.
Apr 19, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2010
Ahhh... That felt right.......... Only thing that should have been done is to hint a bit about the future of the other characters. How will I ever know if Hiramaru found his precious happiness like this?

I love Azuki... She's perfect. How I wish there were girls like her in reality (waited 10 years for her one and only, never doubting their love, never cheating, only communicating through text messages - that's simply amazing). Well probably the same goes for Mashiro in a way, but I think that his part is possible, oh well.

Great Manga. Unforgettable. Deserves more love. Bakuman, you will be missed.
Apr 19, 2012 8:25 AM

Dec 2010
So thats the end of that. Enjoyed reading it all.
Why can't mangas end with or have a marriage scene in it, that would've been a lot better.
I was kinda hoping that they continued the manga and that we saw Mashiro and Azuki's new life and how they do stuff now.
Apr 19, 2012 8:30 AM

Dec 2010
Garbage. Just as shitty as Reversi ending.

Troll hard.
Apr 19, 2012 8:35 AM

Sep 2008
it ended similar to reversi, just like that
going to miss this show, i dont even remember how much time has passed since i firts read this
i agree it could have been a better ending, but this one suits bakuman a lot so im grateful and i hope Ohba and Obata´s next work appears fast
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 19, 2012 8:43 AM

May 2007
What a joke !!!

They call this chapter an end ??

5/10 for Bakuma..

Apr 19, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
Probably the most underwhelming manga I've read since xxxHolic. Both started off great and had excellent potential, but quickly became formulaic and predictable.
Apr 19, 2012 8:49 AM

Sep 2008
it was a nice and very sweet ending for Saiko and Miho but i think it was lacking bcoz all the other characters somewhat felt ignored ;p so...
woonie said:
I hope there would be a special epilogue chapter.

pretty much this.
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012

Dec 2011
I really would have wanted the wedding to happen at least.
And Mashiro getting Azuki's hand from her parents.
But it didn't. Need to be contented with the chapter cover.

And I feel that Azuki's kiss was kind of forced and not romantic...
But they still managed to make their dreams come true!
They made their dreams into a reality.
An epilogue chapter will help... even a timeskip chapter, I would love it.
It said on the news that Bakuman will officially end at April 23...
There is probably a oneshot of the epilogue.

Anyways, awesome series.
I know this might be close to impossible, but I wish they make some bonus volumes about the one shots (I mean the whole story of one shots.) that are published in Bakuman.

Got 10 volumes of the english version so far... cannot wait for the release of the next 10 volumes I don't have in english yet.

I will miss this series badly. *suffering from withdrawals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2007
and a great manga ends at the same place where their promise took shape.

Now they will always stay by each other's side
and never have a conversation just sit by each other.
^_^

anyways Y U NO MAKE EPILOGUE, SENSEI???
Apr 19, 2012 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
and thus it ends
was hoping to see a bit more of what happens after the proposal, but i guess its good how it ended.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.