Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2012 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
I'm doing this essay in my English 1302 in a form of Research.
When I ask what is the best country to live in.
I don't want to rely solely on the internet blogs and web pages for this.
Please tell me what you think!

--Edit Edit--

Okay, let me try and rephrase this.

1. I would like your opinion on what YOU think is the best country to live in.
With the good comes the bad. I KNOW there is no such thing as a perfect country but there is something that is decently better than others. Think of it like different serving platters. One platter had a sandwich, apricot slices, veggies, and milk. Another has a sandwich, apple slices, veggies and juice. Another has a hamburger, fries, veggies and a soda. Of course everything is different, but I want to know what you think.

2. As I ask this. Don't think that you are HELPING ME write my damn essay. This is just looked upon as a bit of facts that people will state. I won't use everything I see here, but I'll collect the thoughts of you all and added like..."In a recent discussion on a particular forum, I asked what was the Best Country to Live in the World. Most people discussed and most argued, but a few stood out with good points on their view on a country such as ....blah blah blah." So I'm still writing my pages on my own. No one's helping me. Just being clear.

Thanks.
SconesApr 20, 2012 7:17 AM
Never regret something that once made you smile.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 18, 2012 7:49 AM

Sep 2008
Cuba.

quoting wiki,
Cuba has a 99.8% literacy rate, an infant death rate lower than some developed countries, and an average life expectancy of 77.64. In 2006, Cuba was the only nation in the world which met the WWF's definition of sustainable development; having an ecological footprint of less than 1.8 hectares per capita and a Human Development Index of over 0.8 for 2007.

Not to mention the best political system in the world.
Apr 18, 2012 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
Scones said:
I'm doing this essay in my English 1302 in a form of Research.
When I ask what is the best courntry to live in, I ask in terms of
Education, job incomes, health care, economy, and percentage of
people working over 40hrs a week. I look for that in it all and it's not
for my entertainment, but also knowledge and perhaps use any result
that comes out of here as a form of poll. People prefer this courntry over
this country because so and so. It'd be very helpful for your opinion aswell!
I don't want to rely solely on the internet blogs and web pages for this.
Please tell me what you think!

Being patriotic won't help here. Think outside the box. c:

You can't judge a country based on those elements alone. There are also things like indivutual freedom, rights, authorites with clear limits, services and transation with gods from all over the world and of course the weather. What good does it do if you work little are economically good with free health care but you have -40c with ten foot of snow outside your door and you can't talk freely without getting slammed in a prison.
Apr 18, 2012 7:55 AM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
What good does it do if you work little are economically good with free health care but you have -40c with ten foot of snow outside your door and you can't talk freely without getting slammed in a prison.

If you have all this stuff, there's no reason for you to say something that will get you slammed in a prison. And if you still say that despite having all this stuff, then you probably deserve getting slammed in a prison.
Apr 18, 2012 7:59 AM

Feb 2005
Norway. We're number one on the HDI, and fifth or something on the GINI. Education is pretty much free and you get a decent loan/stipend from the state, health care is mostly free in theory, and the economic crisis is something that only happens to everyone else, at least, for now.

Only problem would be that everything is pretty expensive and the sate is pretty dickish in some fields like alcohol, but nothing's perfect.
Apr 18, 2012 8:02 AM

Jan 2009
Personally I think the Netherlands are a pretty nice place to live. We still have a perfect health care, people are mostly open-minded and despite from some 'problem neighbourhoods' it isn't a really dangerous country. We have an interesting economy and know no real poverty.

I can't tell if it's the best place in the world to live, but it is a very very decent place to grow up.
'There are no facts, only interpretations'
- Nietzsche
Apr 18, 2012 8:23 AM

May 2011
I think it's one of the countries in Europe ?
I have two sides - The kind, shy Hina
The CRAZY, weapon-lover Hina !
Apr 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
Thing is every country has it's ups and downs, but I'd like to think that with the good comes the bad. Say your country is very good with income and living but the winters are long and cold. Would someone say, deal with it because everything else is pleasant? All of the things I've found so far were with education, income and so on and so forth, but if there were other things that made a nation great that would be a plus. Though there will always be natural disasters that get in the way..it's to be expected but noting can be done about that.

seishi-sama said:
Cuba.

quoting wiki,
Cuba has a 99.8% literacy rate, an infant death rate lower than some developed countries, and an average life expectancy of 77.64. In 2006, Cuba was the only nation in the world which met the WWF's definition of sustainable development; having an ecological footprint of less than 1.8 hectares per capita and a Human Development Index of over 0.8 for 2007.

Not to mention the best political system in the world.

See, I never would have thought of that. I never put much research on Cuban life and what good it could bring. Perhaps I'll mention that in my research paper. Thanks!

Baman said:
Norway. We're number one on the HDI, and fifth or something on the GINI. Education is pretty much free and you get a decent loan/stipend from the state, health care is mostly free in theory, and the economic crisis is something that only happens to everyone else, at least, for now.

Only problem would be that everything is pretty expensive and the sate is pretty dickish in some fields like alcohol, but nothing's perfect.

I've read so many good things about Scandinavia in general though Norway and Finland always popped up as really good in those terms. It's kinda to be expected with alcohol, I mean it's pretty much nationally really looked upon depending on where one lives, but yeah Norway is pretty up there.

BorisSoad said:
Personally I think the Netherlands are a pretty nice place to live. We still have a perfect health care, people are mostly open-minded and despite from some 'problem neighbourhoods' it isn't a really dangerous country. We have an interesting economy and know no real poverty.

I can't tell if it's the best place in the world to live, but it is a very very decent place to grow up.

I haven't read too much on the Netherlands, though I'll take your word for it. I'll dig up on more information about it.

Hmm, perhaps I'll post a few links up that I used to figure out what it was and maybe see what you all think!
Never regret something that once made you smile.
Apr 18, 2012 8:44 AM

Sep 2009
North Korea is the best country... if you're Kim Jeong-un.

There is no absolute best country, it all depends on your perspective and your place.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Apr 18, 2012 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
BorisSoad said:

/rant on:
/rant off.

There is a good health care over here, and even though the higher educations are overpriced. They are good. And we used to be open-minded/tolerant, however too many people aren't that open-minded anymore. If you disagree and you are Dutch, you should check up on how many people voted on the PVV (in the period of 2006-2010, it were ~550.000 and out of ~16 million people, of which too few people vote, that's still just way too much) and then what the PVV basically does, most of what they do are bad for our name as a country and definitely our tolerancy.
Also I have to agree, growing up here was nice, but now, it's all screwed up.

And @seishi-sama I never knew that Cuba was such a great country according to the statistics! Learned a bit today ;)
AshamaniiApr 18, 2012 8:54 AM
kiltroutgore said:
"I am meme, hear me roar."
Apr 18, 2012 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
This sounds like work you should be doing yourself.
Apr 18, 2012 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
seishi-sama said:
Monad said:
What good does it do if you work little are economically good with free health care but you have -40c with ten foot of snow outside your door and you can't talk freely without getting slammed in a prison.

If you have all this stuff, there's no reason for you to say something that will get you slammed in a prison. And if you still say that despite having all this stuff, then you probably deserve getting slammed in a prison.

So you're against free speech?
Apr 18, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
Apparently, according to studies, France is the best country to live in.

Then again, there's a lot of crap happening in that country right now in religious terms, not to mention they're pretty rude.

Of course people are going to say 'I live in the best country to live in the world!' in this thread though. I'd definitely not agree with Norway, considering the amount of crap happening there and how expensive it is to live in Norway.
Apr 18, 2012 11:10 AM
Apr 2009
AnnoKano said:

There is no absolute best country, it all depends on your perspective and your place.

Exactly. And I also feel like doing someone else's homework here - well I am not, but the rest.
Apr 18, 2012 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
seishi-sama said:
Monad said:

It's not just what you say. In many so-called developed countries, you can get thrown in prison and/or labeled a sex offender for owning drawings, I repeat, drawings of little girls. People are being incriminated for what they do in their own home without harming others. It's a major turn-off for me when considering the quality of life in a country.

"Yeah, but I don't like 2D loli anyway, so no problem."
Once they jail all the 2D lolicon, they'll go after the people with other "strange" yet harmless turn-ons.
Apr 18, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2012
Mogtaki said:

Then again, there's a lot of crap happening in that country right now in religious terms, not to mention they're pretty rude.

Of course people are going to say 'I live in the best country to live in the world!' in this thread though. I'd definitely not agree with Norway, considering the amount of crap happening there and how expensive it is to live in Norway.

Crap is happening everywhere. Best place to live would be in a bunker beneath the earth, where the only crap that would happen, comes from you. And the world, your world, as the bunker is the only thing you know, is perfect!

But in all seriousness, I have been thinking about this question during my driving lesson. And I think that, right now, there is no country that is good, good as in more pro's then con's (opinions of course). To me it seems every country is right on that balance, unless something like a riot, killing streak or bombing happens like in England (some time ago), France and Norway. However, should you ask us what countries to combine (and what elements) I could give you a list.

Short version: you're asking this question at the worst of times.

mezzoguitar said:
It's not just what you say. In many so-called developed countries, you can get thrown in prison and/or labeled a sex offender for owning drawings, I repeat, drawings of little girls. People are being incriminated for what they do in their own home without harming others. It's a major turn-off for me when considering the quality of life in a country.

Once they jail all the 2D lolicon, they'll go after the people with other "strange" yet harmless turn-ons.

Then it seems in a couple years I'm going to end up in jail, because I dig MILFs. They would be the little girls of the future ;).
kiltroutgore said:
"I am meme, hear me roar."
Apr 18, 2012 11:13 AM

Oct 2009
There is none.
Apr 18, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
seishi-sama said:

Has it ever occured to you that any government who is allowed to put a person in prison for criticising it, would effectiely be able to imprison anyone without any need for justification?

If you believe that silencing critics by force is an acceptable course of action, then why do you express your opinions on the internet in the first place?

I can't believe anyone would be so foolish, in this day and age, to not see that the consequences of political censorship are universally dire for all but those who are in power. Is North Korea the kind of place you want to live in?

The people of North Korea believe they are living in luxury compared to the rest of the world; the only reason they believe it is because the state exerts total censorship of every walk of life. In reality they live in total squalor.

But the fact they think they are living in luxury makes it OK, right Seishi?

mezzoguitar said:

Good to know that at least someone has their priorities right...
AnnoKanoApr 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Apr 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
It really depends on what you are looking for. I think I live a good life in the U.S, but I don't really have much to go on since I haven't visited other countries for a long period of time. But from the countries I have visited, the U.S seems to be the best place to live in my opinion of course.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 18, 2012 11:45 AM

Oct 2010
How about Japan, or Australia?
Apr 18, 2012 11:45 AM

Feb 2005
Mogtaki said:

And I've heard studies saying Norway is the best too, it's not like there's ever going to be a consensus.
And crap happening in Norway, lol, like what? I mean, we've had one major terror incident just now which is like, the only big happening since the Krauts occupied us. That's pretty much nothing happening in over 60 years. The biggest things in between have been smaller cases like the odd murder or bank robbery, or some politician embarrassing themselves in one way or another. Conversely, I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago, and I spotted full police assault squads at two occasions, as well as military forces paroling the airport and cordoning off a part of the metro. So, yea...
And even though we like to bitch about how expensive it is, we do get pretty huge salaries so it evens out, except from some few cases like alcohol.
mezzoguitar said:

Got to agree with that. It's always humorous to see how people will whine and bitch about international law and human rights this way and that way, but won't bother doing anything if it's just a small and powerless group being victimized, whether it's 2D lolicons or destitute muslims in a land rich with oil.
Apr 18, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
AnnoKano said:
Has it ever occured to you that any government who is allowed to put a person in prison for criticising it, would effectiely be able to imprison anyone without any need for justification?

Every government is allowed to do that. Every government does that. American, British, Russian, North Korean, Zimbabwean, whatever. There's probably no country in the world where wouldn't be any political prisoners. Denying that would mean you're either ignorant or brainwashed by political propaganda, but since I sincerely believe you're neither, I'm sure you're not going to deny that.

AnnoKano said:

The people of North Korea believe they are living in luxury compared to the rest of the world; the only reason they believe it is because the state exerts total censorship of every walk of life. In reality they live in total squalor.

But the fact they think they are living in luxury makes it OK, right Seishi?

They DON'T believe they are living in luxury. They're perfectly aware they live in poverty, but that doesn't change their love for their country and their ruler(s). I've known two Northern Koreans that were at my university for practice. Ok, perhaps Russia is not the most luxurious place to live, but it certainly is more luxurious than North Korea, but still. I've chatted with them a few times, and obviously I was interested in what they think about their country's standing in the modern world and I asked them if they would like to stay in Russia perhaps. They were rather modest and their answer was around the lines of "To each their own. We don't think our country is better than any other, but we LOVE IT regardless and we won't leave it for any other country in the world, be it Russia, or USA or our Southern brothers".

JonyJC said:

So you're against free speech?

I'm not against free speech. I'm all for it. I just think free speech is worth shit if you can't find a proper job because most places are overrun by illegal immigrants, you have to work for 60 hours a week to earn just enough not to starve, a quarter of your country's population has AIDS, your life expectancy is 50 years at best, and you have to pay loads of money for your education and healthcare despite that education and healthcare being crappy.
Not to mention that free speech is more or less an utopia and there's no country where it actually WORKS.

If you think free speech is worth more than your health and general well-being, you're either a fanatic or someone who simply doesn't give a damn about their life. Or a troll.
Apr 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Feb 2005
seishi-sama said:
Every government is allowed to do that. Every government does that. American, British, Russian, North Korean, Zimbabwean, whatever. There's probably no country in the world where wouldn't be any political prisoners. Denying that would mean you're either ignorant or brainwashed by political propaganda, but since I sincerely believe you're neither, I'm sure you're not going to deny that.
Lol, that's a pretty retarded claim. So you're saying everyone that makes a political blog and whines about the government, no matter what country, risk prison? If so, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
They were rather modest and their answer was around the lines of "To each their own. We don't think our country is better than any other, but we LOVE IT regardless and we won't leave it for any other country in the world, be it Russia, or USA or our Southern brothers".
Well, see, that's brainwashing for you, right there.

As for free speech not working, that's a load of bullshit too. There's obviously going to be some restrictions, lest you want doctors being able to break the patient's confidentiality, military personnel selling secret information or extremists publicly posting death threats against people. But the whole point is that everything else should be allowed, and usually that works just fine.
Apr 18, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
Baman said:
[Lol, that's a pretty retarded claim. So you're saying everyone that makes a political blog and whines about the government, no matter what country, risk prison? If so, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Not everyone. The ones who pose enough threat. Honestly, even Stalin didn't put people in prison for simply voicing their discontent with himself or his regime. More than that, he didn't imprison a number of people who actually plotted against him.

Baman said:
Well, see, that's brainwashing for you, right there.

Oh, so every person loving their country is brainwashed now? And every person living in a country which is not quite up to best living standards must hate their country just because of that? Really, I could expect a comment like that from ...well, some other people, but I thought you're one of the most reasonable people out here...

Baman said:

As for free speech not working, that's a load of bullshit too. There's obviously going to be some restrictions, lest you want doctors being able to break the patient's confidentiality, military personnel selling secret information or extremists publicly posting death threats against people. But the whole point is that everything else should be allowed, and usually that works just fine.

Tell this to this British lord...
Sure, he wasn't imprisoned but still, it certainly shows how the free speech is working in one of the most democratic countries...yeah, you can say it goes right the "extremist" alley but neither lord Ahmed nor the person he was trying to protect were actually proved to be related to terrorists or whatever. But now they're trying to dig as much dirt on him as possible to justify their actions.
seishi-samaApr 18, 2012 12:39 PM
Apr 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Feb 2005
seishi-sama said:
Not everyone. The ones who pose enough threat. Honestly, even Stalin didn't put people in prison for simply voicing their discontent with himself or his regime. More than that, he didn't imprison a number of people who actually plotted against him.
The point is that if someone pose "enough" of a threat, then there's necessarily a threshold somewhere in the laws, thus it's not simply punishing someone for criticising the government. Unless by "criticize" you include things like inspiring to rebellion or planning bomb attacks or what have you.
Oh, so every person loving their country is brainwashed now? And every person living in a country which is not quite up to best living standards must hate their country just because of that? Really, I could expect a comment like that from ...well, some other people, but I thought you're one of the most reasonable people out here...
Alright that came out wrong, I mean they're obviously brainwashed if they support the regime. Either way though, they're hypocrites, if they really loved their country they'd rebel and take the power themselves.
Tell this to this British lord...
Sure, he wasn't imprisoned but still, it certainly shows how the free speech is working in one of the most democratic countries...yeah, you can say it goes right the "extremist" alley but neither lord Ahmed nor the person he was trying to protect were actually proved to be related to terrorists or whatever. But now they're trying to dig as much dirt on him as possible to justify their actions.
Still, you've got to differentiate between different fields. If this guy was a random citizen, they wouldn't give a shit. But this is politics we're talking about, politicians should be ready to be backstabbed and kicked out the moment they do anything that could have a negative impact on their party, whether it's swinging their dicks around too much in private or entertaining political views deemed socially unacceptable, that's just how it works.
Apr 18, 2012 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
seishi-sama said:
Honestly, even Stalin didn't put people in prison for simply voicing their discontent with himself or his regime. More than that, he didn't imprison a number of people who actually plotted against him.

That would explain the purges and the assassination of Trotsky.

Oh, so every person loving their country is brainwashed now?

Enjoying their country = no
Loving their country = yes

What I mean by this is, it's okay to enjoy the country you live in and be glad that you don't live in a country ruined by the imperialist tyranny of a larger country. However, loving your country for no reason is simply brainwash.
Apr 18, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2008
I don't know what you're all going on about. The best country to live in is clearly The Principality of Sealand.
もののあはれ。。。
Apr 18, 2012 1:21 PM

Dec 2009
North pole ofcourse... wait what?
Apr 18, 2012 2:34 PM
Dec 2009
I can't really say Japan cos I've never been there so. So I'd say China.
Apr 18, 2012 2:47 PM

Dec 2011
Finland of course you silly people.
Apr 18, 2012 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
QysteiN said:
I can't really say Japan cos I've never been there so. So I'd say China.

China? wat r u crazy?
and japan is gay about various things such as drugs
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 18, 2012 2:53 PM

Aug 2009
Well, considering I've never left my country, I can't say for sure which one I think is the best. I can only base my views off of stereotypes and what others say about it. So, of course I have to say that, even if I don't like it all the time, the US is a pretty good place to live.
Apr 18, 2012 3:55 PM

Dec 2010
Germany, of course.
Apr 18, 2012 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
America and the reason why

Apr 18, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
ZombiePsycho said:

Apr 18, 2012 4:59 PM

Dec 2011
Jaconator said:
ZombiePsycho said:

LOL......I agree.

Sebulon said:
Finland of course you silly people.

;p
Apr 18, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2008
ZombiePsycho said:

They are good at Photoshop?
Apr 18, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2009
seishi-sama said:

What political prisoners do we have in the UK?

Under Margaret Thatcher a few people in the Labour Party were put under investigation for alleged links to the Soviet Union (this turned out to be false, iirc) and perhaps a few terror suspects who are being imprisoned without charge.

Other than these two cases, I cannot think of any incident where the UK has punished people for their political views since the second world war.

To say that the US or the UK are on the level of the likes North Korea and Zimbabwe is absurd.

seishi-sama said:

They DON'T believe they are living in luxury. They're perfectly aware they live in poverty, but that doesn't change their love for their country and their ruler(s).

I'd love them too if the alternative was a bullet between the eyes.

seishi-sama said:
I've known two Northern Koreans that were at my university for practice. Ok, perhaps Russia is not the most luxurious place to live, but it certainly is more luxurious than North Korea, but still. I've chatted with them a few times, and obviously I was interested in what they think about their country's standing in the modern world and I asked them if they would like to stay in Russia perhaps. They were rather modest and their answer was around the lines of "To each their own. We don't think our country is better than any other, but we LOVE IT regardless and we won't leave it for any other country in the world, be it Russia, or USA or our Southern brothers".

If these people came to Russia they would see quite clearly that it's a lot more advanced than North Korea is; but what about the people who are not allowed to leave North Korea at all? Do they know how much better things are in the rest of the world?

I doubt it.

seishi-sama said:

I'm not against free speech. I'm all for it. I just think free speech is worth shit if you can't find a proper job because most places are overrun by illegal immigrants, you have to work for 60 hours a week to earn just enough not to starve, a quarter of your country's population has AIDS, your life expectancy is 50 years at best, and you have to pay loads of money for your education and healthcare despite that education and healthcare being crappy.

Would getting rid of free speech solve those problems?

seishi-sama said:
Not to mention that free speech is more or less an utopia and there's no country where it actually WORKS.

It works pretty well over here.

If you think free speech is worth more than your health and general well-being, you're either a fanatic or someone who simply doesn't give a damn about their life. Or a troll.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Apr 18, 2012 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
Canada.

And just because I want to post this picture:

LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 18, 2012 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
Any Nordic countries really. Good standard of living per capita and GINI index.
Apr 18, 2012 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
I also think this depends on what race/religion/etc. you are, because a lot of well technologically, medically, and economically developed countries such as Japan and many Nordic ones are quite racist/intolerant of certain differences.

Assuming this thread means 'best place to live for a white middle class American', then several of the Nordic countries seem like reasonable choices to me.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 18, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
America, for obvious reasons...
Apr 18, 2012 6:50 PM

Feb 2005
JoshSalas said:
I also think this depends on what race/religion/etc. you are, because a lot of well technologically, medically, and economically developed countries such as Japan and many Nordic ones are quite racist/intolerant of certain differences.
I don't know about the others, but there's really very little racism here at least. As long as you don't go out to the small villages and such, everyone's used to see foreign looking people. Of course, there may be some covert racism, like it being a bit harder to pass a job interview if you've got a Arabic name for example, but I doubt there's a lot of it. A lot of the time we even go to absurd lengths when it comes to political correctness.
Apr 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
Baman said:
JoshSalas said:
I don't know about the others, but there's really very little racism here at least. As long as you don't go out to the small villages and such, everyone's used to see foreign looking people. Of course, there may be some covert racism, like it being a bit harder to pass a job interview if you've got a Arabic name for example, but I doubt there's a lot of it. A lot of the time we even go to absurd lengths when it comes to political correctness.

Oh, thanks for the correction. Maybe that's why you guys are always up there in top places to live discussions!
LoneWolf said:
Apr 18, 2012 7:00 PM

Jul 2011
Defiance said:

Nice mouse =P

I have to agree with the Nordic countries (specifically Norway/Finland), not that I dislike the USA by any means, but in terms of any stat that can be quantified nordic countries are typically fairly high, with the exception of crime. =P

Apr 18, 2012 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
Defiance said:

lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 18, 2012 7:58 PM

Apr 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

If you want statistics. According to the HDI it's Norway.

Personally, I don't think there is anyone one country that is the best place to live. It really depends on the situation. Also, every place in the world is affected by and can't single-handedly control global scale bullshit like pollution, which only continues to get worse, as well as affected by every other country worldwide that contributes to bullshit like pollution and war. There isn't really any controlled environments where all people can live a good life on earth, unless you're rich as fuck and decide to build one and surround yourself in a bubble. (This answer is probably slightly off the mark, but whatever.)
Apr 18, 2012 8:08 PM
Apr 2012
Like Switzerland, snow-capped mountains and watches
The minute you stop making mistakes is the minute you stop learning.
Apr 18, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
Oh the irony that your #1 favorite anime character is a pistol wielding American.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.