Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2012 7:02 AM
Mar 2012
I'm pretty new to anime, i like it, especially the romantic stuff, with drama and some comedy thrown in for good measure.

To me, Toradora! was ALMOST perfect and Kaichou Wa Maid Sama! was THIS far from being amazing. I really liked the animation, music and characters, all in all they were both great and i plan to rewatch sooner or later. Znt was decent, but a bit too much harem going on for my taste
BUT, my one problem with Toradora, Kaichou wa maid Sama! and Kimi ni Todoke is that they all take SOOO long for the relationships to develop between the main characters.

Sometimes this is a good thing, but I'd like to watch just a few anime where the relationship develops somewhat rapidly (maybe with the mains accepting each other around episode 16ish, assuming it is 26 episodes long) and that depicts how they progress after romantically bonding

So in summary:

Help me find a romance/drama/comedy/slice of life (not necessarily all of them) anime with great leading characters, a good romantic relationship between them that develops quicker than usual (not in the last few episodes) and without being a harem.
Oh, and it would help if the lead female was cute XD

my list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ash1997as
Apr 18, 2012 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Acchi Kocchi seems to be heading that way, and I personally find it a relaxing series to watch. Give that a shot.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Apr 18, 2012 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
Itazura na Kiss
Apr 18, 2012 8:04 AM
Mar 2012
thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into them tomorrow.

and i forgot to mention in the first post, a bit of tsundere never hurt :P
as long as it isnt overdone and fades away appropriately
Apr 18, 2012 8:12 AM

May 2011
I've heard that Clannad and It's sequel are good !
School Rumble I think
and if you whant drama , well - School days ?
I have two sides - The kind, shy Hina
The CRAZY, weapon-lover Hina !
Apr 18, 2012 1:47 PM

Feb 2009
Definitely Fruits Basket
Apr 18, 2012 3:44 PM
Mar 2010
5 Centimeters per Second
Air
Aishiteruze Baby
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Bokura ga Ita
Chobits
Clannad: After Story
Fruits Basket
Hatsukoi Limited
Itazura na Kiss
Kanon (2006)
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Kobato.
Lamune
Lovely Complex
Love Hina
Nana
Nodame Cantabile
Nodame Cantabile Finale
Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Peach Girl
Seto no Hanayome
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love
Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight Guilty
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

You check out my list + ratings. 90% of the anime I've seen have romance.

If you liked ToraDora, you'd probably REALLY like Lovely Complex. It's more comedy than drama, though. Love is basically the only constant theme in the anime, so it's obviously a romance. It's cute as hell, also. If you ask me, much cuter than Ryuuji and Taiga's love story. It honestly just makes me smile.

If you're looking for something more drama-central, you should check out NANA. It's more josei than shojo, so it centers girls who are out of school and getting their lives started. It's a series with 47 drama-filled episodes. The thing that's good about this anime is that it's drama is a lot more realistic than shojo drama. It's most definitely a romance & drama, and there are some comedic moments.

So my main recommendations are NANA & Lovely Complex. You should check out everything else I put though, just to see if they're for you.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 18, 2012 3:46 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm, the two that popped into my mind the first were Ouran High School Host Club and Chobits. Both really cute and easy-going romance anime series for the most part.
Apr 19, 2012 2:57 AM
Mar 2012
thanks for all the replies :D I'll check them out soon.

But i found a very recent anime that, while not exactly what i described, i seem to really like:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12467/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X

you guys might want to look at it, just judging from the first episode it seems really good
Apr 19, 2012 8:23 AM

Oct 2009
Suzuka - Tsundere female lead, relationship development mid series, drama, romance, comedy, love triangle. cant think of anything that really hits closer to what you are looking for. if you like the anime i would suggest continuing the manga as the anime ends around 1/3 of they way through the manga.

Seconding Itazura no Kiss, Clannad & AS, NANA. Most of the other recs have been good but these stand out above the rest.
Apr 19, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2012
ash1997as said:
thanks for all the replies :D I'll check them out soon.

But i found a very recent anime that, while not exactly what i described, i seem to really like:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12467/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X

you guys might want to look at it, just judging from the first episode it seems really good

I will warn you though, while the relationship gets started basically immediately, don't expect any 'normal' relationship stuff like kissing or anything. That might seem fairly obvious especially given the strangeness present in that series, but I'm just saying, having read 65 chapters of the manga, it's not that kind of series, but it's still enjoyable.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Apr 20, 2012 2:20 AM
Mar 2012
haha, thanks for the warning, i thought as much.
But i was hoping that the drool sharing would gradually evolve to kissing and the like.... :/ oh well
Apr 20, 2012 2:24 AM

Nov 2010
Romance/Drama list

putting some work into it right at this moment (now that i have the time) so i apologise for it not beeing finished ^^ (links should all work tough)

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
34 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
57 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.