Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2012 3:52 AM
Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so wut happened, I'm guessing memory removal...
Apr 18, 2012 3:53 AM

May 2011
Damn that nasty Danzo! No wonder Kabuto becomes like this.
Apr 18, 2012 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
lol what happened to the last thread?

well anyway its a flashback of kabuto this time, and after knowing his past he is still a less important character for me, his death will have less impact imho
Apr 18, 2012 4:00 AM

Nov 2011
Was the person that died really mother? The ninja's called her nanagishi or something. Maybe Orochimaru used genjutsu to trick Kabuto?
Apr 18, 2012 4:14 AM
Sep 2007
Wasn't Kabuto Sasori's spy who defected to Orochimaru?
Apr 18, 2012 4:31 AM

Jan 2009
Psajdak said:

wow i think your right i remember that too now, lol lets see the next chapters before saying Kishimoto made a big error here
Apr 18, 2012 4:48 AM

Mar 2011
Boring chapter,Kishimoto dont have good ideas just trolling about flashbacks
Apr 18, 2012 4:50 AM

Jun 2010
Icebreaker93 said:
Boring chapter,Kishimoto dont have good ideas just trolling about flashbacks

this.
Apr 18, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
Psajdak said:

Didn't Kabuto work for Orochimaru the whole time and was only working for Sasori because he was a spy working for Orochimaru already, I think he showed his true colors on the bridge when Team 7 was following them, I'm not sure if I'm correct though.
Apr 18, 2012 5:36 AM

Jul 2009
Meh. If I cared about Kabuto's character, then this chapter would have been remotely interesting. But I'm not. I hope they get back into the fight next chapter.
Apr 18, 2012 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
Next chapter will be more flash backs from what I can guess.
Boring chapter don't care for Kabuto and his past just die already.
Apr 18, 2012 6:54 AM

Jun 2010
Well she got her memories erased, that's for sure or she just didn't care for him enough and eventually forgot him after not seeing him.

Apr 18, 2012 7:40 AM
Mar 2012
Yet another boring chapter... Although because of Kabuto's story it's understandable he's like this, I still hope he'll die (all in all he became some stupid snake-like-something).
Apr 18, 2012 7:41 AM

Mar 2011
Oh the folly of the ninja world!

So Kabuto replaced his mother figure with Orochimaru....*shudder*
Apr 18, 2012 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
i didn't even bother reading this. i am not the least bit interested in his story.
Apr 18, 2012 8:11 AM

Feb 2012
Ekstah said:
Psajdak said:

Didn't Kabuto work for Orochimaru the whole time and was only working for Sasori because he was a spy working for Orochimaru already, I think he showed his true colors on the bridge when Team 7 was following them, I'm not sure if I'm correct though.

Yep, that was the case.

Although I don't like how the fight is interrupted by these flashbacks I'm really liking them, we finally learn about Kabuto after hundreds of chapters. What I like the most about these flashbacks is that we see which familiar characters already made their appearances in the past, in this case Danzou and Orochimaru that was with him at the time being, there are so many connections, I love this overall structure.
Apr 18, 2012 8:34 AM

Jan 2010
... boring chapter, boring flashback in middle of boring fight... well Bleach is rising to become avarage once more and Naruto is plucking down from avarage to meh...
Apr 18, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2010
oxymetazolini said:
... boring chapter, boring flashback in middle of boring fight... well Bleach is rising to become avarage once more and Naruto is plucking down from avarage to meh...

agree
Apr 18, 2012 8:41 AM

Mar 2011
Ah, Orochimaru... it's been a while... Still preying on little boys, I see.

Another week of backstory... never thought I'd have to see that Danzou bastard again... haha...
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 18, 2012 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
Wtf happened to kabuto's mother? Did she get her memory removed?
Apr 18, 2012 9:25 AM
Oct 2011
boring chapter, Kabuto just die -_-
Apr 18, 2012 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
I am not that interested in Kabuto but I think this is going to show some kind of Orochimaru manipulation thing with Kabuto to make him his shinobi. :)
Apr 18, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
Kishi, onece again tries to give us a flashback right before killing a bad guy to make idiots think it's a deep character. Worked with zabuza, but not with itachi, nagato, or anyone else, it's pure trolling.
Just get on with the war, you're not good at this.

I just hope we don't get a full arc trying to justify Tobi's actions.
End Zionazism
Apr 18, 2012 11:15 AM
Dec 2011
probably the worst chapter of naruto ever imo. i literally skipped pages. i didn't give any fucks for Kabuto.

I mean he is an interesting character, sure. but not enough to waste 1-2 chapters on his PAST. SIGH.
Apr 18, 2012 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
Hegemony said:
probably the worst chapter of naruto ever imo. i literally skipped pages. i didn't give any fucks for Kabuto.

I mean he is an interesting character, sure. but not enough to waste 1-2 chapters on his PAST. SIGH.

LOL i thought i was the only one i skipped through all pages. Kabuto should had been dead before time skip.

Like somebody above me said. I like Tobi and he's one of my favorite but we better not get a long ass flackback just to justify his actions. This is Naruto and you know we will and Naruto will do his Talk No Jutsu.

Naruto should had been a political manga instead of about ninjas. LOL im joking Naruto fans.
Apr 18, 2012 3:18 PM
May 2010
Zhou said:
Ekstah said:
Psajdak said:

Yep, that was the case.

So next week, probably, sasori will appear

I agree with the people who thinks this flashback is meh
Apr 18, 2012 3:34 PM
Mar 2008
I was prepared to, like others said, skip pages after getting a flashback chapter so late into the game, but I quite enjoyed it.

It is a welcomed change of pace, and a nice interlude, to get a different kind of childhood flashback. Kishimoto didn't made Kabuto to look like a tragic victim, instead like a kid who got a hold of the situation and didn't got drowned by it. Now I'm looking forward for the next chapter to see why he got obsessed with Orochimaru so. Quite the timing for Orochimaru to appear in the middle of his biggest crisis.

We got a couple of info bits this chapter:
Orochimaru seems to have been a member of Root.
Orochimaru had not left Konoha by the time of the third war.
Apr 18, 2012 4:42 PM

Jul 2010
It seems like quite a few people like this chapter and i'm one of them. I was interested to see his past since long ago. when he told naruto that i'm just like you. i didn't have anyone. half of his face was looking like orochimaru that time and i was wondering why this guy following him all his life and had gone crazy now that he's dead.
Apr 18, 2012 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
Why does Orochimaru and Kabuto always remind me of Mr Burns and Smiffers?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2012 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
boring chapter IMO kishi is running of of ideas nobody cares about that harry potter guy
Apr 18, 2012 7:28 PM
Feb 2012
When I first saw the chapter I admit I was disappointed it was a flash back but after reading it wasn't so bad...some interesting bits and pieces in it.

Still I want to see the other fights more than ever xD
Apr 18, 2012 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Does Kabuto even have any fans out there?
The flashback did nothing to add to his character. What a waste.
Apr 18, 2012 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
Orochimaru has a great eye for talent.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Apr 18, 2012 9:54 PM

Feb 2011
Well, a bit better flashback, then last weeks, which was just another tearjerker.
But still pretty damn unnecessary. A few years ago, he could've brought that one, sure.
But now, just get on with the damn war!
Apr 18, 2012 10:24 PM

Feb 2011
Alright chapter, better than the previous atleast. I hope that we will get a conclusion of the flashback by next chapter though.
Apr 18, 2012 10:41 PM

Sep 2008
Peralisc said:
Why does Orochimaru and Kabuto always remind me of Mr Burns and Smiffers?
Apr 19, 2012 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
Apr 19, 2012 4:32 AM
Nov 2010
I wouldn't say boring, but it was so damn predictable. I never really cared much about Kabuto so meh (Kishimoto just needs to justify everything with long long flashbacks as aways :/ )
At least I got to see Orochimaru in this flashback. Something good.
Apr 19, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Neotona said:
Nanagishi and Mother are not the same, right?
Nanagishi is her real name.
Apr 19, 2012 5:46 PM

Jul 2007
It would be so hilarious if kishimoto pulled a "one-up" on all you guys and after kabuto back story is revealed, it turns out that he does not die. To me its just a very cliche way of suddenly developing his past right before his death, thats so typical of shonen's to do that but for once it would be nice if that did not happen.

if i was the writer, i would reveal some juecy little secret. Like how tobi told bout sasuske true past and what basically changed him, how he was manipulated. I would tell a story like that just tottaly viewers would never expect, like maybe him being a part of the uzumaki clan or something. Then the viewers would feel sorry for him instead of wanting him dead, then he turns over a new leaf and decides that he wants to be saved from his horrible past, after all kishi is hinting towards kabuto suffering in pain, even though he is a mad man.

If orihime was their, she would be able to detect the sadness in his heart, and then finally when itachi and sasuske shows sympathy for him, out of no where either tobi or Madara kills him right in front of everyone eyes, now that is the way to tell a story. I learn this from watching to much one piece lol. Cause Oda Sensei certainly is a genious when it comes to back stories.

But most likely its going to be something where kishi just tells his back story and then sasuske and itachi finish him off eventually. Which would be a pretty mundane way of finishing his character

Apr 20, 2012 6:53 AM

Jun 2008
seriously, who gives a crap about Kabuto.
Apr 20, 2012 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
j0x said:
Psajdak said:

wow i think your right i remember that too now, lol lets see the next chapters before saying Kishimoto made a big error here

Yeah, that was what i was thinking too. He couldn't be Orochimaru's guy from then because he initially was Sasori's spy ans as he said himself he became attached to Orochimaru when he went to spy on him not before that.

bonifide said:
oxymetazolini said:

agree

In a way you guys are right but there is a good chance that this is the consequence of presenting big wars and lot's of fighting. Bleach got more interesting now because it throws new plot twists and possibilities of events. Plot twists and built-up keeps interest high but actual fighting gets boring fast(especially in manga form) so Kishimoto maybe is in a tight spot in keeping anticipation and interest high when there aren't major anticipated plot revelations currently occurring or even left to occur if it's really getting to the end.
MonadApr 20, 2012 9:21 AM
Apr 20, 2012 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
y r they talkin about kabuto no 1 cares about kabuto even tho has shown some type of B.A the past view chapters but cmon ultimate brother team up and there just talkin and flashbackin. cmon im sick of wht i like 2 call TALK NO JUTSU
BLACKLEGSANJI
Apr 20, 2012 1:29 PM
Apr 2012
Kabuto has to be one of the most hated characters in the series. While I'm happy to see a quick back story of him, they could not have picked a worse time to do it. No, don't do it in the down time when nothing exciting is going on, let's interrupt a fight to show everyone Kabuto's back story. I'm also a little sick of the same stupid back story for every character. "I had a bad childhood, feel sorry for me." Kishimoto needs to pick up his game a little bit.
Apr 20, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2007
... that's it?

And the award for worst justification of mass murder and playing God goes to...!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Apr 20, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2011
I lied, this was the worst chapter ever.
Apr 20, 2012 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
Let's move on Kishimoto, Kabuto sucks.
Apr 20, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
*yawn* neeeeeext.
Apr 21, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
Things I learned this chapter:

Orochimaru's love of little boys goes way back.
Danzou's never gotten laid in his life.
Kishi's Troll no Jutsu is probably a Jump bloodline limit.
Apr 23, 2012 12:49 AM

Aug 2009
dusFlaesPhan said:
Neotona said:
Nanagishi and Mother are not the same, right?
Nanagishi is her real name.

What? No! Her name is Nonou. She used a fake name when she was undercover.

Danzou being a manipulative bastard, using any means necessary to protect Konoha. Surprisingly Orochimaru worked as Danzou's bodyguard, but this fact doesn't really matter, because they're both dead now. Kabuto's reasons to become a shinobi were vague at best: Maybe he wanted to be like mother, make her proud of him. Make sure none of the other children get into danger by going himself...i dunno.

And then he somehow got the upperhand of her mother. Even though she is an expert undercover agent who has worked for who-knows how many years for Konoha. Maybe she didn't regognice Kabuto, because she is so good at her job she literally forgets everything about her past life and becomes a totally different person. But we will never know the truth because she is most likely dead and Orochi will now manipulate Kabuto for his own purposes. Or maybe show a little bit of his human side on Kabuto, since he is most likely the only soldier of Orochi's who has worked for him the longest.

I really hope the next chapter shows a little bit of Orochimaru's human side. Other than that Troll-kishi can just hurry up and kill Kabuto already.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.