Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2010
I had the idea to put up a few competitions with unique pairings.
Like writing a fan fiction or making a picture which would be sent to me and i would put them up for competition then.

It would give a small reward in form of a special card. I haven't thought it through but it would definitely be a card which only the winners would get. The winners might be able to even decide on which card they want to have + the text inserted or whatever other idea you might come up with (of course one which I am able to fulfill.)

If you have suggestions for 1. more competitions, 2. a better reward or simply want to flame/praise me, comment here, please! ^^

It's something I'd only want to do if there are enough people who want to participate, since a competition can't be done by one person alone.
ArinyaApr 15, 2012 6:24 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 15, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2009
hmmm I dont know, maybe make a card using the couple that the person was working with in the fanfic/image as a reward....
Apr 16, 2012 2:59 AM

Sep 2011
I find this interesting.....but I won't do fanfics, I suck at that xD IDK for the picture contest...I might do one but I dunno :) xD
Apr 16, 2012 3:32 AM

Mar 2012
i bad in english ff.... but maybe i'll join if bout pic unique yaoiness compt.... ^^,

Apr 16, 2012 7:29 PM

Jul 2009
I'd participate! :O Or I'd like to try ... if I don't have time I'd vote for sure though :P
Apr 16, 2012 7:42 PM

Nov 2010
EvianBubble said:
I'd participate! :O Or I'd like to try ... if I don't have time I'd vote for sure though :P

yay! i'll be sure to give everyone enough time to prepare... though first, i'd like to have some more participants...
ArinyaApr 21, 2012 10:17 PM
Apr 17, 2012 5:03 AM

Oct 2010
If you put Yaoi oneshots for competition I'll certainly participate. I can even help you to make the rules and if I can't, I can help you to judge the works ^^ I have experience on that ^^
Apr 17, 2012 5:56 AM

Nov 2010
Tinoco-chan said:
If you put Yaoi oneshots for competition I'll certainly participate. I can even help you to make the rules and if I can't, I can help you to judge the works ^^ I have experience on that ^^

they will be yaoi (or at least shounen ai) oneshots... not too long ones either since 1. the participating people will need to have enough free time to write them... (for the first run, i think it would be something between 500 and 1000 words)
2. i would like to everyone judge the works, not just me + 1-2 others. i will put up a poll for it... which is the other reason i don't want the stories to be too long. it's to make sure, they don't stop at reading the 2nd story out of 5 and judge those 2 only....
but well the real details will be decided when i think that there are enough people there.
Apr 18, 2012 4:40 AM

Oct 2010
Arinya said:
Tinoco-chan said:

they will be yaoi (or at least shounen ai) oneshots... not too long ones either since 1. the participating people will need to have enough free time to write them... (for the first run, i think it would be something between 500 and 1000 words)
2. i would like to everyone judge the works, not just me + 1-2 others. i will put up a poll for it... which is the other reason i don't want the stories to be too long. it's to make sure, they don't stop at reading the 2nd story out of 5 and judge those 2 only....
but well the real details will be decided when i think that there are enough people there.

*o* I'll try to see something like that, since I'll have to write in english and my english is a little bit rusty xD I wrote a oneshot a few time ago, but was on my mother language, portuguese, and it had 5 pages front and back(two sheets and an half of the other), and hand written.n computer I don't know because I delivered it just as she was. Either way, I love to write, but I think 500 to 1000 words is not a good limit. I would suggest, since the method you want to use is simillar to the one I'm used to see on Sailor Moon Fórum Portugal, on their oneshot contests, that is limits on pages, for example maximum 2 pages, with 1,5 of space between lines and with Arial size 10 or 11, something like that. Either the ways of voting are the same. But for the judge I was meaning the one that controls if the oneshots are in the criteria that you establish and stuff. But it's just a suggestion
Apr 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
I'll try joining but definitely I will be voting.. ^^
Apr 19, 2012 9:57 AM

Sep 2010
I've never done either one, but it sounds fun. If I have time and am able to do it, I wouldn't mind participating. I'd definitely vote though.
Apr 20, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
I will like to participate i will love the picture idea i am not much of a writer these days but i will love the picture idea :)
Apr 21, 2012 4:03 AM

Nov 2010
Tinoco-chan said:
*o* I'll try to see something like that, since I'll have to write in english and my english is a little bit rusty xD I wrote a oneshot a few time ago, but was on my mother language, portuguese, and it had 5 pages front and back(two sheets and an half of the other), and hand written.n computer I don't know because I delivered it just as she was. Either way, I love to write, but I think 500 to 1000 words is not a good limit. I would suggest, since the method you want to use is simillar to the one I'm used to see on Sailor Moon Fórum Portugal, on their oneshot contests, that is limits on pages, for example maximum 2 pages, with 1,5 of space between lines and with Arial size 10 or 11, something like that. Either the ways of voting are the same. But for the judge I was meaning the one that controls if the oneshots are in the criteria that you establish and stuff. But it's just a suggestion

Well I guess as long as you think carefully about what you want to write, it will be good enough. I think people can oversee some mistakes. I will definitely note that they shouldn't be too harsh with grammar since not all have English as their first language. (I always think that it must suck a lot for people with English as their mother tongue to read my Fanfictions. I love my proofreader a lot for saying that it's not as bad as I think ^^)

Why are you against the words limit? I think of it as easier than 2 pages with this and that as standard... i have some fonts i simply can't stand... and this way everyone can use what he or she likes. btw. if you think that 500-1000 is too much of a difference, i don't mind to make it closer. additionally at least windows word has a counting program so you definitely won't have to count them, only use that option...

and with the criteria, i guess that's something which i can control quite fast... if only a few works are getting submitted. if there will be more than i expect, i will gladly notify you though :)
Apr 21, 2012 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
Arinya said:
Tinoco-chan said:

Well I guess as long as you think carefully about what you want to write, it will be good enough. I think people can oversee some mistakes. I will definitely note that they shouldn't be too harsh with grammar since not all have English as their first language. (I always think that it must suck a lot for people with English as their mother tongue to read my Fanfictions. I love my proofreader a lot for saying that it's not as bad as I think ^^)

Why are you against the words limit? I think of it as easier than 2 pages with this and that as standard... i have some fonts i simply can't stand... and this way everyone can use what he or she likes. btw. if you think that 500-1000 is too much of a difference, i don't mind to make it closer. additionally at least windows word has a counting program so you definitely won't have to count them, only use that option...

and with the criteria, i guess that's something which i can control quite fast... if only a few works are getting submitted. if there will be more than i expect, i will gladly notify you though :)

Yeah it's kinda that. But I really commit a lot of mistakes xD When I write in portuguese it's just much more "readable".

I'm against the words limit because it does just limit a lot (someway I have issues with limits xD) and I feel always limited with 1000 words. That's a medium chapter for me, a decent chapter from me takes 2000 or 3000 words. My oneshots are really "whatever" and big and all that xD I really write a lot. Still, that's your choice, because you have to see how to cativate the readers and to avoid that situation you're reffered on the other comment, people not reading the rest of the stories and voting on conscience on the ones they've read.

I hope you can manage that, and if there's any kind of problem just send me a note
Apr 21, 2012 11:06 PM

May 2011
I"ll try my best to join at least in the picture competition. I might do fanfiction, but I'll definetly vote! :) ~
Apr 21, 2012 11:09 PM

Nov 2010
yatta! one more person ^^

btw i already set up the rules for it, so be sure to take a look!

though i am going to send out a newsletter for it as well later
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Newsletter Sign-Up ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 8, 2012

75 by nitchi »»
Oct 6, 2017 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Membercards (for new members)[Shiki x Shion added] ( 1 2 3 4 )

Arinya - Mar 14, 2012

196 by rossgeller »»
Feb 1, 2017 11:59 PM

» ~Game~ + Quiz LE #3 [open]

Arinya - Oct 11, 2012

16 by SibbyChu »»
Aug 19, 2015 6:18 PM

Sticky: » ~Chibi SE (only for Competition Participants~) [open]

Arinya - Jul 5, 2012

9 by jeni234 »»
Aug 21, 2013 6:17 AM

» February - Couple Claiming

Arinya - Feb 6, 2013

2 by baahsu »»
Feb 24, 2013 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.