Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2012 11:01 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The whole team is together now and ready to go off to the regional tournament.

Poor Shizuno getting blisters on her fingers from too much mahjong. Oh well, it's all for the best in the long run I guess.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 15, 2012 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
That's proof for Shizuno for practice a lot of games.

Too bad we won't see they play until the national.

Anyway why showing off Teru in the end of preview? Rofl :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 15, 2012 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
Geeze Shizuno, she practices to the point of injury, hopefully those blisters don't affect her game.

The whole team is assembled so we will see some mahjong epicness soon although we did get a taste of some this episode.

Apr 15, 2012 12:14 PM

Nov 2007
Ako is too visually appealing dammit...calm down Game...

Anyways looks like we will blitz the prefectural games just like in the manga, thats a shame they could REALLY make this into a 24 episode series if they actually showed the full matches in the anime.

Next week
Apr 15, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like Bansei is the equivalent of Ryuumonbuchi from the first Saki.
Apr 15, 2012 12:37 PM

Dec 2008
how dare they tease me with tacos at the end of the last episode and then not show her at all this episode
Apr 15, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
The team is finally assembled!

Special mention to the ending, especially Kuro's tiles who catch fire when Ako returns a tile from the wall adding 4 more Doras to Kuro ^^, and Arata playing bowling with a tile.
ZenithaleApr 15, 2012 12:56 PM
Apr 15, 2012 12:45 PM

Sep 2008
Arata Arata ARATA ARATA ARATA
...admired someone, stopped playing... oh boy, my heart is exploding!

Now waiting for Chhaya and Taichi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2012 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
I can never get tired of Saki no matter whether it's the manga or anime it's just so much fun to read.
And again this is a great group to watch they seem so lively and full of spirit.
Though it seems like they will have some challenges up ahead.

Arata seems like the person who worships people around her and she might be a source of information for the group i wonder what her play style will be.
The sister seems a bit strange having it cold all the time must be hard for her during winter.

Akado is a great coach and i wonder how other teams will respond knowing she is the coach of this team.
I also wonder how she get hired so quickly she might have a teacher licence but the school will also have a teacher shortage to hire someone so fast.
Apr 15, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2011
Where is my exploding, reality bending mahjong with Evil Eyes, demons and such?! o.O

But that was very nice episode indeed.
I like the team - ok they are not as peculiar as girls from parent series but promising
also the coach is nice - she has a nice goal
and I liked climate of this episode, it was simply "good" :)
Apr 15, 2012 2:14 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Zenithale said:
Special mention to the ending, especially Kuro's tiles who catch fire when Ako returns a tile from the wall adding 4 more Doras to Kuro ^^, and Arata playing bowling with a tile.
Agreed. My son (!?) insisted playing the end credits again cause it was so fun.

Really surprised here. This is yet another instance of me getting curious how they could make an anime on some odd seeming topic and getting interested as a result. Though, not nearly as surprised as finding my son finds it interesting also - on the other hand, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised, as we're both big into strategy board games.
Apr 15, 2012 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
Cratex said:
Zenithale said:
Agreed. My son (!?) insisted playing the end credits again cause it was so fun.

Really surprised here. This is yet another instance of me getting curious how they could make an anime on some odd seeming topic and getting interested as a result. Though, not nearly as surprised as finding my son finds it interesting also - on the other hand, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised, as we're both big into strategy board games.

It's parent series was doing it also (btw if you haven't seen it - it's best to see it first than Side-A as there is some spoiler coming)
plus it was mixing good characters, over the top gameplay and that nice climate - and that mix worked

luckilly I feel some simlar vibes here, so I will enjoy it
Apr 15, 2012 3:05 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
It's parent series was doing it also (btw if you haven't seen it - it's best to see it first than Side-A as there is some spoiler coming)
Bother! I've already got way to much on my plate this season's shows and trying to play catch-up on Kimi to Boku.
Apr 15, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
Looking forward to those fiery matches once more!
Apr 15, 2012 4:03 PM

May 2011
The whole team is made at last.

The tournament is up next.
Apr 15, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2010
Watching for Teru next week.

That is all.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Apr 15, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2010
Watching for Teru next week.

That is all.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Apr 15, 2012 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
Gotta like to see kids think they are the best in the world while they wouldn't even make the selection for Saki's fodder half asleep morning training.

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing. Teru will probably show them how real magic mahjong is played.

I'll probably rewatch the first season sometime soon for good old time's sake.
Apr 15, 2012 6:29 PM

Nov 2007
Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing.

Lesbian power?
Magical mahjong hax?

Either way what they lack in strength they make up in effort! (not that it will help them against Teru)
Apr 15, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
game8910 said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing.

Lesbian power?
Magical mahjong hax?

Either way what they lack in strength they make up in effort! (not that it will help them against Teru)

Not really. (Between that long straight hair girl got a pretty much hax ability herself too)
The design of the character, their unity, their personality, etc.
These character feel pretty flat next to Saki's group, they pretty much look like a fodder school that lose in the first few rounds. Even the rivals schools in Saki were more interesting and had much varied design..
Even Nodoka (who was the seemingly normal girl in Saki) in ep 1 had an aura that these new girl don't have.

I still like this season, the character aren't that bad in itself... I just think that they do not hold a candle to Saki's cast.
Apr 15, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2011
Ako will show them all that she is awesome!. That one girl at the end has such an inflated ego, it will be her downfall.

Glad the team is all together now. Cant wait to see the action at the prelim's.
Apr 15, 2012 9:22 PM

May 2008
I just cant keep laughing at how serious they take mahjong though i get totally serious when they start with the competitions haha .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 15, 2012 9:28 PM
Apr 2011
I want to see saki~~
Apr 15, 2012 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
Elite60 said:

More like Kazekoshi IMO, prefecture's powerhouse.
Apr 15, 2012 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
greenmush said:
I just cant keep laughing at how serious they take mahjong though i get totally serious when they start with the competitions haha .
^ one of the reasons i enjoy it so much plus the overtop drawings with lighting effects etc,nice to see the gang together finally.
Apr 15, 2012 11:03 PM

Jul 2009
game8910 said:
Next week

Also next week
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Apr 15, 2012 11:50 PM
Jul 2009
Cratex said:
Dalek-baka said:
Bother! I've already got way to much on my plate this season's shows and trying to play catch-up on Kimi to Boku.

Dude, drop everything and go watch Saki! Or at least watch Saki first and then Saki: Achiga-hen...

Ako is definitely going to be my favorite from Achiga! I like Kuro and Arata as well, but Ako <3
Apr 16, 2012 12:27 AM
May 2011
i don't know why nobody is noticing this
there is a script/line error?

around 18min shizuno said
"bansei only lost once in the preliminary prefecture 40 years ago as far as i know"

then hatsuse saw akado she said
"that the star player who beat bansei 10 years ago"

so am i misunderstanding something here?
Apr 16, 2012 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
Alls92 said:
i don't know why nobody is noticing this
there is a script/line error?

around 18min shizuno said
"bansei only lost once in the preliminary prefecture 40 years ago as far as i know"

then hatsuse saw akado she said
"that the star player who beat bansei 10 years ago"

so am i misunderstanding something here?

What Shizuno is saying is that in the 40 years that Bansei's mahjong team has been in existence, it has only lost the Nara prefecture tournament once. That one time is 10 years ago.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Apr 16, 2012 1:57 AM

Jan 2009
That ending, yep, Saki is definitely back.
Arata is lot cuter than I remember her from the first manga chapters, loving it.
On to the tournament!
Apr 16, 2012 2:11 AM

Jun 2009
KaitoDash said:
Elite60 said:

Nah, he got it right. Ryuumonbuchi in Saki is the prefecture's champion. It used to be Kazekoshi but they got dethroned a year before Saki.

But in terms of play. Bansei isn't, not even close. Both Ryuumonbuchi and Kazekoshi will blow them out of the water. They are lucky they are not playing in the same prefecture.
Apr 16, 2012 2:30 AM

Aug 2008
-Quasar said:
KaitoDash said:
Elite60 said:

Nah, he got it right. Ryuumonbuchi in Saki is the prefecture's champion. It used to be Kazekoshi but they got dethroned a year before Saki.

But in terms of play. Bansei isn't, not even close. Both Ryuumonbuchi and Kazekoshi will blow them out of the water. They are lucky they are not playing in the same prefecture.

I meant in more of history and structure sense. Bansei and Kazekoshi has been dominating their own prefectures for decades before Kazekoshi got beaten by Ryuumonbuchi. Bansei also once got beaten by Achiga too. And in terms of team structure, Bansei and Kazekoshi are very much alike. They have many B-grade players as regulars supported by a large bench, while Ryuumonbuchi just have 5 A-grade-or-above players that can win.

But sure, I can't imagine Bansei put any fight against Kazekoshi let alone Ryuumonbuchi. Nara is just weak.
Apr 16, 2012 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
arsonal said:
game8910 said:
Next week

Also next week

And also...
I think...
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Apr 16, 2012 6:44 AM

Dec 2011
shizuru1412 said:

I hope so. But if it really is just 12 episodes long then chances are we won't be getting much if any of that.

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 16, 2012 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
AAAAAH BOY OH BOY AM I EXCITED!!!

And there we sure have another interesting bunch of cute girls.

The next episodes will be glorious!
Apr 16, 2012 12:22 PM

Jun 2009
NEEDS MORE MAHJONG!

At this pace, with only eleven ten episodes left, this is going nowhere O_o
grandy_UiDApr 16, 2012 12:27 PM
Apr 16, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2009
grandy_UiD said:
NEEDS MORE MAHJONG!

At this pace, with only eleven episodes left, this is going nowhere O_o

If it follows the manga closely, maybe we won't see much mahjong at all. A bit more like the first part of the Saki anime.
Apr 16, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2009
Rant: While the OP is great (With catchy song and all...)
I can't find myself warming to the ED's song... Netsuretsu Kangei Wonderland (Saki's 1st ED is way better... :/)

I'm fine with the animation, though, but the song... =,= Maybe I just need more time?

Either way, Teru made her appearance next ep!
Apr 16, 2012 2:28 PM
Jun 2011
NeverSleep said:
grandy_UiD said:
NEEDS MORE MAHJONG!

If it follows the manga closely, maybe we won't see much mahjong at all. A bit more like the first part of the Saki anime.
actully if it follow the manga there will be majong in the first part since we get close to the old character apreance
Apr 16, 2012 2:36 PM

Oct 2009
elior1 said:
NeverSleep said:
grandy_UiD said:
NEEDS MORE MAHJONG!

actully if it follow the manga there will be majong in the first part since we get close to the old character apreance

Well, at least we'll be shown more mahjong hands during nationals... Just need to be more patient. :O
Apr 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
enjoyable ep.
Apr 16, 2012 6:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I think I still like the old Saki cast. This new group is quite boring honestly. I can barely watch it through.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 16, 2012 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
well i like the anime in general, but (at least now) can even compare it to the original, i feel i would have already dropped the anime if it wasn´t for the original...
at least we are going to see saki next =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 16, 2012 8:27 PM

Oct 2008
I love how Shizuno doesn't look like she aged at all from elementary to high school, while Ako went from looking younger and cuter than Shizuno to looking older and more mature looking than Shizuno.

Why does Shizuno look like she's not wearing pants? -__________-
Apr 16, 2012 10:33 PM
Apr 2011
I need yuri moments. -v-
Apr 17, 2012 12:25 AM
Jul 2008
I can't get used to the high pitch voices for most of them, feel like some sunday cartoon for kids :( oh well, need to see mahjong now for the next ep! :DD
Apr 17, 2012 3:45 AM

Dec 2011
Omniknight said:

Why does Shizuno look like she's not wearing pants? -__________-

Because she isn't?
Apr 17, 2012 5:20 AM

Aug 2010
Diving right into the tournament, I like that.
Apr 17, 2012 7:45 AM

Oct 2009
zonbidesu said:
I need yuri moments. -v-

Next week we'll see Ryuuka and Toki goodness.. :3
Well, I ship 'em. XD
Apr 17, 2012 8:20 AM

Dec 2007
This is moving pretty quick. o_o
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.