Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2012 8:53 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ray an interesting heroine; characters with adult-signifying design (e.g. relatively small, narrow eyes) usually don't get a lot of spotlight (although maybe having those two baby-faces tagging along is supposed to compensate).

I find the characterization a bit wonky, though; while we're told that the villain is motivated by greed, during the actual action of the episode he's clearly driven by a desire to understand how the ancient machine works while Ray seeks to isolate and hoard that knowledge. A weather-control machine could be of enormous benefit to mankind (and I wouldn't begrudge the guy to make money off it) and they didn't really substantiate Ray's claim that the power was "uncontrollable".

In a simple action story like this messing up who's sympathetic and who's not is a pretty big problem. The storytelling in Indiana Jones never got tangled up like this.
Jul 23, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was slightly different than what I'm used to but I actually liked it in a way, the pacing wasn't the best though but the overall story was pretty decent, so let's see what the second and last episode will offer us!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Explorer Woman Ray Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jul 23, 2014

2 by jyagan0 »»
Apr 8, 2023 12:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.