Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The guy's mother with green bracelet that has "Eureka Seven AO" and green hair... does that mean Eureka?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2012 12:40 PM

Sep 2008
Really?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2012 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Really?

I'm not sure if she's Eureka, but she looks like Eureka in that scene.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
Interesting. Assumingly, this sequel follows a different mechanic of mecha called "IFO", Intelligence Flying Objects?
Apr 12, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Its finally here!!!! XD
Apr 12, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2009
well since I already read the manga i can say: IT IS EUREKA YOU SEE HER IN THE FIRST 2 CHAPS!!! O u O "" (full body with face |D"")

well after reading the manga I was a bit disapointed in this episode it only had 50% of the potential they could have given into this episode but still good to watch ^ u ^ (OF COURSE AFTER MORE THAN 4 YEARS WHEN I FIRST WATCHED EUREKA SEVEN!! ; o ; "" )
Apr 12, 2012 2:57 PM
Jan 2009
From the bits and pieces i watched from the zero-raw I does look good. I didn't dare watch it all cause my Japanese sucks, I will have to wait tell a fan sub group does it.
Apr 12, 2012 5:31 PM

Feb 2008
I know this new Eureka Seven AO can't beat the old anime, there is hardly someone new anime that can't actually beat old one.
Geh Episode 0 why making it end like this , Eh he looks like Renton in the flashback.

@Pyro: When you do watch a lot of japanese series you remember it no matter what.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 12, 2012 6:13 PM

Apr 2008
GG is doing it.
Hope someone else will to, someone that manages to keep their files under 300 mb, instead of trolling it up over 400 :P
The quality is the same.

Apr 12, 2012 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
This show might become a real downer since it tossed the adventure concept of eureka 7.

Instead they are going for a evangelion type mecha, random mobs come for you and you protect the city blah blah. And next week its a different boss every time. I don't know what is going on here but all these sequels that stray too far from the original (blood-C,Last Exile) makes my head hurt. Always end up severely disappointed.
Apr 12, 2012 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
I knew something with Ao's eyes was not normal, Eureka is his mother and Renton should be the father, you can see the similarities.

I know it's a sequel and it's the first episode but damn, don't repeat too much. Again you give me too much information like a dozen characters, weird names, entirely new terms for familiar stuff (no LFOs but FPs?) and other stuff. It just feels too similar for me and I can imagine the whole structure will be the same. By the way, do we know how many episodes this will take?
No OP, I do not like Ao's voice, there is something with Naru's design I absolutely don't like and underwhelming music. You know, the first two episodes of the original were awesome and one reason for me was the music, I really liked it throughout Eureka 7 and remember that first great OP, here it's missing.

Honestly, I can't say that I liked it. I guess I can blame the high expectations but I will give AO credit for showing us that Eureka and Renton(?) are going to play a role.

Oh and Noah is already the best character.
Apr 12, 2012 8:07 PM
Oct 2010
good ep. finally here :)

cant wait to see the new story
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 12, 2012 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
I was not disappointed. Although the storyline is a bit confusing, I loved the art style and the music. The OP song (which was played at the end) performed by Stereophony is brilliant. I knew that they could pull it off! Anyways, regrading the episode, it seems that Eureka from the original series makes a brief appearance towards the end in a flashback? Well, loving the first episode and am looking forward to more!
Apr 12, 2012 8:09 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty good episode; tho the feeling that it leaves that something happened to both Renton and Eureka makes it kind of bitter and i doubt that feeling will change until they explain what happened to them (heck it may get even more bitter when explained O_O) That aside i fear the show in general will be a disappointment but for a first episode it was pretty good; hopefully over time my prediction is proven wrong.
Apr 12, 2012 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
we all know it won't be as great as the first one with that being said i won't judge it till a few episodes in

i will say though it seems interesting and could be decent
Apr 12, 2012 8:15 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode. Did Naru die?

Im so excited for this. I was shocked to see Eureka in that that flashback.
Apr 12, 2012 8:22 PM
Apr 2011
What
Apr 12, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
Great art and animation, as expected from bones. I know that sequels rarely surpass the originals, but this one doesn't look like it'll be that bad
Apr 12, 2012 8:38 PM

Feb 2008
Damn, this is looking really good already. It has dat OST and the art looks great too. Shame we didn't get to see the Nirvash yet, maybe next episode.
Apr 12, 2012 8:39 PM

Jun 2010
Despite Ao bearing an uncanny resemblance to Erica and Renton, some things don't add up. First off, they are in Japan. I realize at the end of the last show it turns out they were on earth, but they were still on a whole continent above the old ones. Also the show seems to have a blend between old tech from our days and new tech from eureka seven. Finally no mention of what happened at all in the past.

I know they are gonna develop the plot and explain everything eventually, but I wish we could at least get a look at the moon to see if the heart is still there lol. As soon as the bracelet lit up I was hoping we would get a look at the moon.

I feel like this show is totally on crack and does not fit in with the old one at all.
Apr 12, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Pretty good episode; tho the feeling that it leaves that something happened to both Renton and Eureka makes it kind of bitter and i doubt that feeling will change until they explain what happened to them (heck it may get even more bitter when explained O_O) That aside i fear the show in general will be a disappointment but for a first episode it was pretty good; hopefully over time my prediction is proven wrong.

I'm guessing they will be involved in the story sometimes in the future of the series as Eureka (most likely) was seen in Ao's flashback this ep.
Apr 12, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2011
Very nice first ep. I'm really gonna need to re watch 1st season though. Memory is still very hazy and not sure if this is picking up from the original. Feels like it's something completely different, but I could be wrong.
Apr 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
katsu044 said:
we all know it won't be as great as the first one
haha
Apr 12, 2012 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
Good first episode. This series definitely has promise, and I look forward to seeing more. I was particularly interested (like I'm sure many people were) as to whether or not the woman in Ao's flashback was Eureka.
Apr 12, 2012 9:04 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty good so far. Can't wait for some more. I would love to see how this develops. :D
Apr 12, 2012 9:20 PM

Mar 2011
Very good beginning. Animation is awesome. Looking forward to more because it has potential
Apr 12, 2012 9:24 PM

Oct 2011
Great first episode - and I like the links so far to the first episode.

Why is it at a 7.66? Is it because people don't remember terms/plot from E7?

I really don't get how it's a 7.66... At lowest it should be an 8, and at highest an 8.5 or 9. For me, it was an 8.

I love Arata's voice actor, she sounds mature, but extremely believable for her age (13), unlike other stupid high-pitched castings for similar roles.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 12, 2012 9:25 PM

Jan 2011
Just speechless
Apr 12, 2012 9:26 PM

Dec 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
Great first episode - and I like the links so far to the first episode.

Why is it at a 7.66? Is it because people don't remember terms/plot from E7?

I really don't get how it's a 7.66... At lowest it should be an 8, and at highest an 8.5 or 9. For me, it was an 8.

I love Arata's voice actor, she sounds mature, but extremely believable for her age (13), unlike other stupid high-pitched castings for similar roles.

Its likely because people can already tell that this won't compare to the first series, like i mentioned in my previous post i hope it doesn't turn into the disappointment i think it will; but it already appears that it won't match up; also there are those who believe this sequel isn't needed; the reasons vary i'm sure but i doubt its because people forgot the plot.
Apr 12, 2012 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
Ratings are pointless, it doesn't mean crap. Judge with your own eyes and not through meaningless numbers other people give it.
Apr 12, 2012 9:37 PM

Jul 2010
Well it seems to be going alright so far... I just hope it doesn't turn out to ruin the series like the New Last Exile.
Apr 12, 2012 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Its likely because people can already tell that this won't compare to the first series, like i mentioned in my previous post i hope it doesn't turn into the disappointment i think it will; but it already appears that it won't match up; also there are those who believe this sequel isn't needed; the reasons vary i'm sure but i doubt its because people forgot the plot.

Those are even worse reasons. I understand that - being a sequel - it will be compared to the original, but that shouldn't influence the score to the degree it has.

It should be rated on how well it continues the original, now "how much better/worse" it is - I really don't see why people are expecting something massive like the first - It's already been confirmed that it will be half the length of the original.

So far, I like it. It's continuing things nicely from where the original ended, and I think that if it keeps it up, it will do fine. Even I don't expect it to be as metaphorically "perfect" as the orignal - but I still expect it to be great in its own right.

TakenForce said:
Ratings are pointless, it doesn't mean crap. Judge with your own eyes and not through meaningless numbers other people give it.

Will do - I seem to have to do that for a few anime.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Apr 12, 2012 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
I'm at a total lost after watching this ep like first of all why are they in Japan? Sure it was revealed that the planet they were on the first show was Earth but how exactly they they got rid of continents ofScub Coral that were covering the earth and did they just decide to name the continents/countries with their current RL names, wtf?

I though this was a sequel of sorts but it seems they just decided to totally get rid of the original shows setting, that doesn't seem like a smart move.

On another note, doesn't that girl Naru look like Anemone?
mundoxApr 12, 2012 9:53 PM
Apr 12, 2012 9:56 PM

Apr 2008
Is this supposed to be a prequel? I'm lost on this point, but whatever it is I'm not really sure why this needed to be related to Eureka Seven. The animation is top notch as always, but I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be comparing it to it's predecessor. With the radical change in tone and setting that will most likely prove to be detrimental for AO. Oh well, it is what it is and hopefully something is done in the next episode to make some kind of connection to the first.
Apr 12, 2012 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
mundox said:
I'm at a total lost after watching this ep like first of all why are they in Japan? Sure it was revealed that the planet they were on the first show was Earth but how exactly they they got rid of continents of scab coral that were covering the earth and did they just decide to name the continents/countries with their current RL names, wtf?

I though this was a sequel of sorts but it seems they just decided to totally get rid of the original shows setting, that doesn't seem like a smart move.

On another note, doesn't that girl Naru look like Anemone?

If you go back and watch the end of Eureka Seven again, you will see that
After that, of course the original earth would be exposed once more, and so would the sea, the united states, and japan as well.

Knowing the data they had uncovered by that point, they probably had a map that showed them the original names of the land masses, rather than re-naming them. (This part is only speculation)

Point is, they are on the original planet earth now, but for some reason, between Eureka's bracelet and the technology that they're using, something is causing bursts of Scub Coral to appear once more in these 'events' that happened throughout the episode.

Acinonyx said:
Is this supposed to be a prequel? I'm lost on this point, but whatever it is I'm not really sure why this needed to be related to Eureka Seven. The animation is top notch as always, but I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be comparing it to it's predecessor. With the radical change in tone and setting that will most likely prove to be detrimental for AO. Oh well, it is what it is and hopefully something is done in the next episode to make some kind of connection to the first.

It is a sequel, mentioned both in the description and elsewhere. It takes place a few years (Minimum 13 years) after the end of the original Eureka Seven. You can tell it's a sequel because Ao refers to Eureka as his mother - so obviously it had to come after.
Apr 12, 2012 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
Of course everyone is going to be lost.. Don't expect everything to be explained in the first episode.....

Great episode as always Bones bringing quality anime.
Apr 12, 2012 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
wow this brings back so many memorys for me that i almost crieed, Eureka seven was the first anime i ever saw in my whole life,it helped me in a dark time in my life and got me into anime .i owe alot to this show ,i honestly do ,its so good i will cherish it forever(and hopefully this sequel XP)
Apr 12, 2012 10:10 PM
Apr 2009
It was everything I could ask for and then some.

My only complaint. I wish Naru was a bit more modestly dressed. I really don't want this creepy pedo-fanservice in sequel to my favorite series =\
Apr 12, 2012 10:27 PM

Apr 2011
Crazy episode :D
Apr 12, 2012 10:29 PM

Jan 2008
OMFG. AWESOMENESS.

When Eureka appeared for that slight second/scene/flashback.... FLEW OUT OF CHAIR WITH HANDS UP SCREAMING "EEEEEEELLLLLLRRRRRREEEEEKKKAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"
Apr 12, 2012 10:53 PM

Apr 2011
Opps i totally forgot to ask this but does anyone know what happened to Renton?
Apr 12, 2012 10:53 PM

Mar 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
If you go back and watch the end of Eureka Seven again, you will see that

Dang, I totally did not remember that... hmmm rewatch time XD
Apr 12, 2012 10:57 PM

Sep 2008
What and Awful first episode, nothing made a lick of god damn sense, It just threw a whole bunch of characters on screen, and didn't bother flushing out a single one of them, We know next to nothing about our main character. Their throwing around all this technobable and vocabulary they don't bother explaining and the story is already revolving around the Scrub Coral... What the actual fuck.

Did these people forget they where the same people who made the first series?

In the original the whole first episode was just about getting to know Renton, we don't know a damn thing about AO other then he ran from explosions, and he's possibly related to Eureka and the other girl she's psychic I guess or some thing..... that's fucking it.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Apr 12, 2012 11:01 PM

Oct 2011
Jigero said:
What and Awful first episode, nothing made a lick of god damn sense, It just threw a whole bunch of characters on screen, and didn't bother flushing out a single one of them, We know next to nothing about our main character. Their throwing around all this technobable and vocabulary they don't bother explaining and the story is already revolving around the Scrub Coral... What the actual fuck.

Did these people forget they where the same people who made the first series?

In the original the whole first episode was just about getting to know Renton, we don't know a damn thing about AO other then he ran from explosions, and he's possibly related to Eureka and the other girl she's psychic I guess or some thing..... that's fucking it.

Someone's angry. Also: "What an awful" not "What and Awful"

This series is less than half the length of the original. And how many other series do you know of that explains every character in detail on the very first episode?

Durarara and Baccano both had more characters than this, and didn't explain them all on the first episode. Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.
Apr 12, 2012 11:23 PM

Apr 2008
As a 'hater' of the original (according to some), I liked this episode. Ao isn't as annoying as Renton or as boring as Eureka, but a little dull. In typical Eureka Seven fashion, tons of terminology and info dumping is the norm. I have to rewatch this later so I can remember all of the terms. I'm just glad we won't be spending any episodes on Ao and Naru's relationship, they're already a couple! Whew, you're doing good so far Bones!

3/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Apr 12, 2012 11:31 PM

Sep 2008
BRSxIgnition said:

oh noes you caught me an easily common typo MY WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FALLING APART!

This series is less than half the length of the original. And how many other series do you know of that explains every character in detail on the very first episode?

There is 24 episodes they have plenty of time

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He's learning to become a Mechanic
He loves Lifting but is not very good at it
He's not very popular in school
His father was in the military but died.
He was raised by his sister who is missing
He looks up to his sister.
He's a huge fan of the Geckko state Team and Rayout
He lives with his Grandfather.
He's dissatisfied with his life.
He likes LFOs
etc etc

So tell me what do we know about AO, the main character of the series, just from the first episode?

Lives with an old guy I guess is a doctor
Possibly related to Eureka

and that's it.

Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.

G-monster
FP
Scrub Burst (which I'm guess is a seventh swell because it looks like one, even though they don't say so)
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

none of these concepts or terms where in the first series, so no watching the first series wouldn't help you with any of this.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Apr 12, 2012 11:39 PM
Feb 2012
As long as the characters from Eureka Seven are in it, I will watch. I think that the red-head turqoise eyed girl in the space ship is Dr. Bear, and the Gekko's doctor. I really wanna see Holland and Talho's kid. That was a real bummer not to see him/her at the end of Eureka Seven. I also wonder what happened to Linck, Maurice, and the other kid. I am gonna watch it for answers.
"It's over 900000000!!!!!" - Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Apr 12, 2012 11:49 PM

Mar 2011
Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:

oh noes you caught me an easily common typo MY WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FALLING APART!

There is 24 episodes they have plenty of time

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He's learning to become a Mechanic
He loves Lifting but is not very good at it
He's not very popular in school
His father was in the military but died.
He was raised by his sister who is missing
He looks up to his sister.
He's a huge fan of the Geckko state Team and Rayout
He lives with his Grandfather.
He's dissatisfied with his life.
He likes LFOs
etc etc

So tell me what do we know about AO, the main character of the series, just from the first episode?

Lives with an old guy I guess is a doctor
Possibly related to Eureka

and that's it.

Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.

G-monster
FP
Scrub Burst (which I'm guess is a seventh swell because it looks like one, even though they don't say so)
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

none of these concepts or terms where in the first series, so no watching the first series wouldn't help you with any of this.

not every first episode has to explain the main character that detailed and sometime it's better and more exciting to know your character background,etc bit by bit episode by episode.
Apr 12, 2012 11:57 PM

Feb 2012
It's hard to say if this will ruin the series, I'm hoping it won't.
Apr 13, 2012 12:08 AM

May 2011
Hmm...makes me wonder if Ao's mother is Eureka or not.

Either way, this is MUST watch!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.