Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Space Adventure Cobra Episode 31 Discussion

Apr 11, 2012 6:47 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hitler!? Really?

Wow. Stay crazy, Space Adventure Cobra.

I'm disappointed we learned so little (next to nothing) about the Armoroid Lady in this series. She's Cobra's only constant companion but we don't know why she does it except that the ending theme implies a wistful, loving relationship between them. Luckily, one of the later OVAs is about her.

Jan 1, 2013 8:56 PM

You could kind of see the foreshadowing of the Hitler thing earlier when his subordinates started using german words to speak of him...

I thought it was great! That was so over the top and ridiculous just like Cobra is supposed to be. This show was beautifully drawn and was very entertaining.

This was just a basically light-hearted action series that didnt' take itself seriously. I'm extremely glad I watched... Love almost every minute.

Apr 9, 2014 9:36 PM

Jezmund said:

This was just a basically light-hearted action series that didnt' take itself seriously. I'm extremely glad I watched... Love almost every minute.

^this

Jan 17, 2017 3:49 AM

Dominique is alive.
And Hitler was Salamander, I can't say that I was expecting this.

May 2, 2017 2:51 PM

It has been a really fun ride and the animation was top notch considering his lenght and that it's a 35 years old anime.

I also find the aesthetics of old school sci-fi shows fascinating, it reminded me of 2001-ya Monogatari.

May 31, 2017 12:52 PM
Hitagi's Pet

LOL, Hitler. It's been a lot of fun watching this 35 years later. You don't get leading men like Cobra anymore. He's awfully politically incorrect in all ways and forms.

Johnnyd3rp said:
It has been a really fun ride and the animation was top notch considering his lenght and that it's a 35 years old anime.

I also find the aesthetics of old school sci-fi shows fascinating, it reminded me of 2001-ya Monogatari.

I also was astounded at how even the animation was throughout the entire run of the series, specially considering how they farmed out so many episodes to other studios back in the day. Cobra must have had a nice budget.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 17, 2017 5:20 PM
Wait, that was Hitler? Thought the last episode was already pretty good, but that made it even better.

Dominque is alive, Lady is back, but unfortunately his friends died.

An easy 8/10.

Jan 28, 2018 6:22 PM

I would have wiled the fuck out at this reveal had my idiot friend not spoiled it for me.
i hate forums

Apr 15, 2:36 AM
I thought they called Salamander fuhrer it was supposed to be a Hitler comparison, When I saw them saying "Third Reich" and throwing up Hitler salutes I thought "wow this comparison isn't very subtle" but no it turns out he was actually fucking Hitler. Just adds to the fun campiness to the series, solid 7/10 from me.