Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2012 3:55 AM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it's kabuto past this time around.
Apr 11, 2012 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
flashback, i expected to see that Izanami jutsu but meh, its still a fine chapter though
Apr 11, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2010
talk no jutsu really ruin another fight that's the story of this war so far....
Apr 11, 2012 4:46 AM

Jan 2012
2/5, I don't care about his past, hurry up and kill him. I've always disliked him.
Apr 11, 2012 5:23 AM
Oct 2009
flashbacks always mark deaths....
Apr 11, 2012 5:27 AM
Mar 2011
Finally Kabuto's past, i always wanted this.

i just can't wait to see what is going on with Naruto, Killer B, Gai, Kakashi and Tobi.
Apr 11, 2012 6:15 AM

Mar 2011
boring chapter
Apr 11, 2012 6:17 AM

Feb 2011
Well we all know what bad guys' flashbacks mean...
Apr 11, 2012 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
Great, a Kabuto flashback. I've been DYING to know this guys past...
Apr 11, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
Not enough action but I really liked to learn about Kabuto's past, we almost knew nothing about him.
Apr 11, 2012 6:29 AM
Mar 2010
liked it. His past seems interesting. Would liked to see more.
Apr 11, 2012 6:30 AM

Jan 2012
I guess we can hope for Kabuto's death in the future chapters since that is how Kishimoto writes.
Apr 11, 2012 6:42 AM

Jul 2010
Kabuto means helmet. :) nice flashback. he was lonely from the beginning and following orochimaru like his everything, i wonder how they met. let's see if this flashback will go more. I think it's time over for Kabuto, after all he's against two strong characters, there is really nothing he can do unless he escape after losing this match. which is unlikely as he already escaped few times.

I wonder how five kages are doing with each fighting against 5 madara clones. Their last hope is itachi. that's why kishi is trying to finish this fight first. if suddenly madara and all other zombies become dead again, there will be a huge storm of complaints.
Apr 11, 2012 6:59 AM

Mar 2012
I'm going to start feeling sorry for Kabuto if it's going to continue going into his past.
Apr 11, 2012 7:04 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Crouchez said:

Indeed.

Cliche but at least what can you expect?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 11, 2012 7:19 AM

Oct 2009
Why the hell did Sasuke have blood come out his eye while using Amaterasu!? I thought he had the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan? Doesn't so much strain that blood leaks from your eye kinda, oh, idk, DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THE ETERNAL PART!?

Surprised nobody else said anything about this. Completely illogical on Kishi's part.

Apr 11, 2012 7:24 AM

Jul 2009
Kabuto says he can't imagine himself losing - whilst in the company of an Uchia.
He is then told he'll lose - by an Uchia.
I'm sure we can all see where this is going, but who knows, maybe it's possible Kishi' will pull a Gaara style U-turn (doubt it though)?

I quite like Kabuto's backstory - at the moment, it's not too much of a sob story, which makes a nice change.

Crouchez said:
Ekstah said:
I guess we can hope for Kabuto's death in the future chapters since that is how Kishimoto writes.

Pretty much^.
I hope Kishi suprises us and doesn't bump off Kabuto - too many half decent characters who establish themselves (those who are either competition, in the way of or grounds for a highly useful ally of a main/popular character) forever get killed off - no exaggeration.

Apr 11, 2012 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
lucjan said:
Why the hell did Sasuke have blood come out his eye while using Amaterasu!? I thought he had the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan? Doesn't so much strain that blood leaks from your eye kinda, oh, idk, DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THE ETERNAL PART!?

Surprised nobody else said anything about this. Completely illogical on Kishi's part.

I didn't even noticed that. I wonder if he forgot about his EMS and make a mistake otherwise it really defeat the purpose. Blood looks ugly and it should've been weakness of mangekyou sharingan.
Apr 11, 2012 7:45 AM

Oct 2009
Han-yuu said:
lucjan said:

I didn't even noticed that. I wonder if he forgot about his EMS and make a mistake otherwise it really defeat the purpose. Blood looks ugly and it should've been weakness of mangekyou sharingan.

It's not really the "ugly" part that should be of concern. I mean, the only way blood can leak from someone's eye like that is if the blood vessels burst, which makes sense since you can see the eye straining heavily whenever Amaterasu is used. But that kind of damage shouldn't be accompanied with a perfect Mangekyou. Anyways, this makes sense with the Mangekyou's eventual fall into blindness, as blood vessels bursting will RUIN your eyes, but it's completely illogical for Sasuke, who has the EMS, to be experiencing that. So like you, I'm hoping this is just a mistake on Kishi's part. If I recall correctly, Kishi also forgot to draw glasses on Kabuto in the past, so he does have a history of occasional error.
lucjanApr 11, 2012 7:50 AM

Apr 11, 2012 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
dafuq? kabuto ruined it. tch!
Apr 11, 2012 8:33 AM

Jun 2010
Every since the Chuunin exams, now we finally get to know his story.

Apr 11, 2012 8:44 AM

Mar 2011
EsPwnage said:
I'm going to start feeling sorry for Kabuto if it's going to continue going into his past.
That's probably the point... first, make him seem insane and evil, then, make him the readers start to sympathize with him, then... KILL HIM!! .... ahh, but seriously... But who knows, Kishi-sensei might be trollling us...

The first half of the chapter was too overkill with Kabuto's powers... he keeps pulling one thing after another out of his ass, first it's with Sasuke's buddies, then the Dragon Sage thing, now this cave manipulation... oh, but the 'heat from the flames made the cave go back to normal"... the hell? too much talk-no-jutsu, not that I dislike the information, but it could be done much better.

I think the backstory is good, Kishimoto is finally going to SHOW us something, rather than explaining it with lengthy dialogue and expecting us to buy it.

Anyway, hurry it up with that Izanami technique, Itachi... but I've gotta say, I'm getting sick of the all these power-ups... same with in Bleach... It's all talk-no-jutsu and power-ups nowadays.. =.=
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 11, 2012 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
itachi: acknowledge your true self

me: fuck, backstory again -_-'
Apr 11, 2012 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
why do they continue to waste time on this shit.... i don't really care about kabuto or his past.
Apr 11, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2010
BringDownTheSun said:
2/5, I don't care about his past, hurry up and kill him. I've always disliked him.

Same here never liked him. He is the number 1 troll in the series. I mean damn we got a flashback with him last week now this BS. I bet we get another damn flashback next week.

For this to be Kishi 10 year anniversary he is doing a shitty job.
Apr 11, 2012 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
Kishi, after how many background stories will you realize that you fail at making deep characters? Or are we gonna see an arc full of Tobi's past?
End Zionazism
Apr 11, 2012 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
I didn't mine the flashbacks, But i really want this fight to end already -_- I wanna see Naruto vs Madara and The Kages vs The Og Madara
Apr 11, 2012 11:06 AM

May 2010
grandy_UiD said:
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 11, 2012 11:51 AM

May 2010
Lol, can this even be called 'a fight' now xD? Seriously, have they FIGHT at all? All I remember is - one blow, defence, -you-will-fail- talk, -I'm-the-best(dragon) talk- FLASHBAAACKSSSS!, *now you're supposed to feel sorry for him* Well, I don't :|
Apr 11, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2009
Nice knowing you, Kabuto.
Apr 11, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
No, you see, this IS Itachi's secret plan! He baited Kabuto into talking about his past, and he took it, and now whatever invincible jutsu Kabuto had has been rendered impotent.
Makiroll_KApr 11, 2012 1:24 PM
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Apr 11, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2009
Kishi needs to understand that slapping together some half-assed backstory this late in the game isn't going to suddenly endear people to a character. Character development doesn't work that way! I was so bored with the amount of chitchat and Kabuto's asspull jutsus...2/5.
Apr 11, 2012 3:03 PM
Sep 2008
I really liked this chapter...

It wasn't the best but if Kabuto was killed off without his backstory being revealed, I would've been pissed. And on top of that, Kabuto's backstory was interesting as well.

But then again, I'm not the biggest fan of this fight, I wish Kabuto would just die already...

4/5
Apr 11, 2012 3:05 PM
Apr 2011
In this manga they don't use ninjitsu to fight thay use flashbacks and for a while this manga is more Kabuto and not Naruto.
Apr 11, 2012 3:45 PM
Mar 2008
There was no doubt that Kabuto would have a multi-chapter flashback since like 400 chapters ago or more, funny how the people who don't like Kabuto are the ones surprised, the placement could been better though, I was getting tired of susanoo already but I want to go back to Tobi's and Madara's fight!

And what was happening with Itachi? All that talk about knowing what you can do and what can not? He won't be able to turn Kabuto to the good side but could do it to Sasuke, yet, he chooses to do the other way around?

EsPwnage said:
I got a "Please Save my Earth" feeling out of this chapter. His past might indeed turn sad. Or maybe he just didn't feel like fitting in and wanted UNLIMITED POWER. We'll see next chapters.
Apr 11, 2012 3:52 PM

May 2011
Yay more backstory. Meh
Apr 11, 2012 4:18 PM
Sep 2011
Queen_Stars said:
I hope Kishi suprises us and doesn't bump off Kabuto - too many half decent characters who establish themselves (those who are either competition, in the way of or grounds for a highly useful ally of a main/popular character) forever get killed off - no exaggeration.

if you like characters coming back after dying or fatal wounds then you should read bleach. characters come back all the time :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Apr 11, 2012 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
Crouchez said:

Yeah, his so dead. He has a death flag as big as France.
Apr 11, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2011
I like it whenever we see Konaha in the past, it just seems like it wasn't such a nice/great place.

Not like today of course *cough cough*
Apr 11, 2012 6:36 PM
Feb 2012
Didn't mind the flash backs too much, was decent chapter, kind of felt a little sympathy for Kabuto slightly.

Look forward to the next chapter :)
Apr 11, 2012 9:29 PM
Apr 2010
finally a flashback on kabuto I've always wondered where he came from or who he is.It can swing either/which way now,since next to nothing is known about him.
Apr 12, 2012 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
the star of this chapter was kabuto's glasses. -_-
Apr 12, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2011
Bout time, I'd say.
Apr 12, 2012 10:35 PM

Mar 2011
iMaim said:
the star of this chapter was kabuto's glasses. -_-
Trololol, I wouldn't be disappointed if he became like Shinpachi...

when he's not wearing glasses, his existence is mute! And that would explain why he still needs to wear glasses even though he's a sage. mhm, mhm. It's not that he cannot see without his glasses, he cannot EXIST without them! or rather, he entire existence IS his glasses!!!! Ah, Gintama logic saves the day again.
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 14, 2012 6:37 AM

Oct 2007
Kabuto's flashback is one of the few reasons I have for still reading Naruto. But after Tousen was ruined in Bleach, I don't have high hopes for Kabuto in Naruto. Actually, it might already be too late.

Oh well, I quess my next reason for still reading will be to see the Tobito theory ruined once and for all.
Apr 14, 2012 6:54 AM

Jul 2010
Sakujo said:
Oh well, I quess my next reason for still reading will be to see the Tobito theory ruined once and for all.

Tobito theory was weak to begin with and then ruined completely long ago.
Obito can't survive under a rock and then become so dang strong with one eye in just a year or two. attack konoha for no reason whatsoever, can control kyubi and fight with fourth hokage and his teacher on par.. It's impossible.
Apr 14, 2012 10:23 AM

Jan 2010
always wondering when will kabuto die???!!

just korosu him already..come on! uchiha brothers!!!!
Apr 15, 2012 2:08 AM

Dec 2008
I really didn't want to see Kabuto's origin, but if his death follows guess I'll sit through it. I don't understand the logic as to why Sasuke would still want to fight Naruto after this fight is done.
Apr 15, 2012 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
its sounds as if Kabuto thinks he can take the fake madara on, since he said he thinks he is the closest to being sage of the 6 paths
Apr 15, 2012 9:40 PM
Feb 2012
Confucius said:
grandy_UiD said:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.