Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 12:17 PM
Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm going to go ahead and say that this adaptation was absolutely amazing and it's only on the first episode. The soundtrack was pure awesomeness, no complaints about the animation in fact I praise it, great opening and ending and above all else it was faithful to the manga throughout the entire episode.

5/5.
RickRoss-SamaApr 7, 2012 12:30 PM
Apr 7, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2011
Great opening song.

I LOVE KUROKO. He's so funny. XD

That was great; better than I expected. Might be a bit early in saying this, but I think this might be one of the best this season. It's the best first episode I've seen so far (of the animes I've watched).

We see the blonde guy next episode! Excited to start meeting one people from the Generation of Miracles already.

Edit:
Just read the first chapter of the manga. The eyes are a bit weird... but the anime adaption so far has been great! They didn't leave anything out!

Edit:
Read only 2 chapters and I'm addicted already... But I must watch the anime first! >x<
MirorinApr 7, 2012 12:53 PM
Apr 7, 2012 1:00 PM
Aug 2011
the damn best (and the only normal) thing of the season
Apr 7, 2012 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
Now this is my second sport anime that I am watching right now that are airing.
I love Taiga's character. I love those BAMF characters.
Somehow I hate Kuroko though. He is too weak when it comes to shooting the ball... though his ability to pass without presence sure is frightening.

This is the first anime that I have seen that features a main character with no presence at all.

Though I have seen a character similar to his no presence attribute... the guy from Eyeshield 21 named Ishimaru Tetsuo. Ahaha. Kuroko is the bishounen basketball version of Ishimaru. Ahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2012 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
I love Kuroko already! :D The opening is very good and this really exceeded my expectations. From what I am reading in reviews and first impressions, no one even wants to watch the first episode :/ People should really give this a chance.
Apr 7, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
Well, despite Saito Chiwa not using Senjougahara voice, this was kinda fun. I hope Kuroko will became stronger of a player as story progresses though, it's nice to see his ablity is very useful to whole team but he's too weak by himself now.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 7, 2012 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
Would really help if they let us know the positions, but its safe to say Kuroko is the point guard.

He doesn't need to get better, cause he will be the one to facilitate to everyone else on the team. Pretty much like Steve Nash or Jason Kidd, not much athletic ability, but excellent passing and floor general skills.

-Huge Basketball fan
Apr 7, 2012 1:20 PM
Jul 2009
To be honest, after seeing it I gonna puke.

I wanted sth DAMN GOOD as Slam dunk or Buzzer Beater eventually BUT NOT; firstly anime about loli girls playing basketball, now this emo crap with awesome impossible things for dum kids EH.
No wonder that some ppl say that it is Ok or even better. Without seeing those 2 above the judgement is simple. But yeah wake up. Are you filled with some random ice cream or with ice cream you love?
batonikApr 7, 2012 1:25 PM
xxx
Apr 7, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
That was pretty good! Very enthralling. I love how Kuroko isn't a conventional "good" player. I can feel the bromance already between Kagami and Kuroko!

Oh my, I never even realized that the coach was voiced by Saito Chiwa. She's one of my favourite female seiyuus!
Apr 7, 2012 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
As someone who pretty hate the manga and also don't like anime of sports since I think they made better at manga, I just fall in love with the anime of Kuroko and for now it's the best series of the season.

The opening song was awesome, the soundtrack was awesome, the chose of the VA was awesome, the animation and the serious design and atmosphere they gave was awesome. I thought I would not see the comedy part of it but at the end of the episode it was :D
Totally 5/5
Apr 7, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
That was a great first episode. Being a basketball player myself and a huge fan of the sport, I can't wait to see more. MC looks to be an excellent point guard with that passing of his but I feel that in the last moments of this show, he'll be forced to take the last shot and develop as an all around player. Looking forward to this.
Apr 7, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Point guards are my favorite position in basketball so I love that the MC is one instead of a forward which seems to be the traditional position they put the mc in...

I like it. Interested to see more.
Apr 7, 2012 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
really good first episode and faithful to the manga, one of the animes I've been really looking forward to :D
Kuroko does seem weak at first but his ability will save their asses and I can't wait for it 8D

I really loved his voice, it just fits him perfectly c: same for Taiga!

and dear lord that Opening was fabulous! Perfect for a shonen and really catchy :D

Apr 7, 2012 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
Love it!! I have high expectations for this. Im pretty sure im gonna love especially cuz i play for my school basketball team. Kuroko and Taiga are awesome and the captain looks cool too.
Apr 7, 2012 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
Fun as fuck, like most of sports anime. Loved it.
Apr 7, 2012 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
Haha i love kuroko. he pops out of nowhere.

I hope this becomes a great sports anime like prince of tennis or major.
It certainly has the potential judging from the manga.

But i hope that there was more girls introduced into this sport anime even tho the manga doesnt.

overall score: 8.5/10
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 7, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
Kuroko will be stronger I know that.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 7, 2012 3:01 PM
Jul 2009
Ofc music is oookkkkk and I like the idea with top6players BUT
they are cooool from the beginning, they treat basket in anime like shaking a hand-little effort is needed to do so and the coach, big guy and kuroko bound to resamble characters from slam dunk-total rip off.And that thing with'' I did not see him..it's kinda annoying, how many times they will show it damn..
I still do not get ppl in loveee with that show. Sb gave 10/10 in review GO AWAY NOOB...
strong 7- for things I liked, written above.
batonikApr 7, 2012 3:05 PM
xxx
Apr 7, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
Fuck Yes...

is all I have to say.
Apr 7, 2012 3:08 PM
Sep 2011
I've been interested in sports anime for a while so I fought this show would be a good start and so far it seems like I made the right choice.

It has good production values and I like the character design as well as the BGM.
There is something about this show that is incredibly uplifting and overall this episode really succeeded in holding my interest.
Apr 7, 2012 3:34 PM

Jan 2010
I love the concept! I love how Kuroko is so blunt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2012 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
That was pretty good. I liked the coach and the two main guys (especially the creepy invincible guy).

Hopefully I'm supposed to ship the guys together tho, because "I will be the shadow to your light".. I mean come on, it's like straight out of a romance "novel" (and by "novel" I mean shitty YA book)..
Apr 7, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2009
Great great great! Hope it continues to deliver. =) This'll be something to look forward to each week.
Apr 7, 2012 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
Serduszko said:
To be honest, after seeing it I gonna puke.

I wanted sth DAMN GOOD as Slam dunk or Buzzer Beater eventually BUT NOT; firstly anime about loli girls playing basketball, now this emo crap with awesome impossible things for dum kids EH.
No wonder that some ppl say that it is Ok or even better. Without seeing those 2 above the judgement is simple. But yeah wake up. Are you filled with some random ice cream or with ice cream you love?

Slam Dunk is highly overrated no matter how you try to spin it. Tell me good things in Slam Dunk fucking one game last like 20 episodes. If you want to say Kuroko will rip of Slam Dunk. What do you think Hanamichi Sakuragi rips off he is a poor wannabe Dennis Rodman. Buzzer Beater on the other hand is pretty damn good. So far this show is pretty good.

I aint going lie i really hope Kuroko gets better even if he cant dunk he better learn some damn crossovers. Buzzer Beater had the best dripping and im a big fan of basketball.

The best sports anime period is One Outs. Hell it has the best anime of all sports animes i saw. I hate baseball with a passion but One Outs is the only thing with baseball i would watch. Yall should check it out.

I give it a 7.5 so far. Serduszko i have to agree with you on somethings they do treat basketball like it takes little effort. I wish the coach was more like the coach from Giant Killing. I'm still pissed off that it doesnt have a second season.

This is one of the best new shows so far. Im liking this Accel World, Fate Zero, Lupin III, and Sankarea. The rest of the animes are shit.
bonifideApr 7, 2012 3:57 PM
Apr 7, 2012 3:56 PM

Aug 2010
The best first episode I've seen so far out of the current lineup. It had my attention from start to finish. I love all the characters introduced so far. At first I was shocked that the main character doesn't really stand out but during the game I realized that Kuroko is the perfect player because he has no presence. I sense a future bromance going on between Kuroko and Kagami as well. ^_^ I also like the fact that they have a girl coach because usually the girl is the "mascot" of the team. I'm not crazy about the stripped shaded Bleach looking character designs but I'll overlook that for now.

I look forward to seeing what happens next. 5/5
Apr 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Great first episode. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. My only real problem is that Kuroko being unnoticeable suddenly seems much more strange than it does in the manga, because of the constant reminder that his hair colour is not exactly the sort of thing that blends in, haha. xP

Serduszko said:
Ofc music is oookkkkk and I like the idea with top6players BUT
they are cooool from the beginning, they treat basket in anime like shaking a hand-little effort is needed to do so and the coach, big guy and kuroko bound to resamble characters from slam dunk-total rip off.And that thing with'' I did not see him..it's kinda annoying, how many times they will show it damn..
I still do not get ppl in loveee with that show. Sb gave 10/10 in review GO AWAY NOOB...
strong 7- for things I liked, written above.

You're jumping to conclusions very fast, and, frankly, at least one of them is totally wrong. In the manga it's pretty much constantly stated that the majority of characters who are good at basketball are so because of how much effort they put in. Only a handful are good simply because of talent.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Apr 7, 2012 4:05 PM
Aug 2009
Is it me or is the main character a complete rip off of Momoka from that mahjong manga called Saki? Both having the supposedly supernatural ability to become invisible.
Apr 7, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2010
I'm usually not really into sports anime either, but I enjoyed this first episode a lot and definitely plan to watch more! As everybody has mentioned, the music and especially the OP are great. I'm loving the interactions between Kuroko and Kagami so far and I can't wait for the rest of the Generation of Miracles to be introduced.
Apr 7, 2012 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
Damn that was awesome! Probably way too early to say, but seems like one of the best sport animes ever.
Apr 7, 2012 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
Completely loved it. The Opening is great and I love animated Kuroko, everything went just right. Aww, they showed Tetsuya #2 in the ED sequence! Now I wonder how many episodes this will have.
However, count me more than in for each week!
Apr 7, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, Kuroko just awesome!

This anime is worth to watch since I watched Slam Dunk.
Apr 7, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2009

Am i the only one who laughed at this? xD
Really liked it. Kuroko is awesome as a shadow xD.
Apr 7, 2012 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
Blackbird said:
Kuroko will be stronger I know that.

Why does he need to get stronger? He's fine the way he is. He makes his team better by facilitating his teammates good shots. He has a role, and he takes advantage of it, and in turn, it makes his teammates better.

You don't have to be Michael Jordan on the court in order to play well.
Apr 7, 2012 5:37 PM

Mar 2011
Really good
Kuroko already in my favorite radar list
One of the best first episode of the season for me
Firixizu_MintApr 7, 2012 5:59 PM
Apr 7, 2012 5:42 PM

Mar 2011
This was better than I expected. Also my first sports anime.
Apr 7, 2012 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
really love kuroko
basketball is much more that natural ability
Apr 7, 2012 5:50 PM

May 2009
Ooh, I think I'm gonna like this. A lot.
Apr 7, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
So interesting!!! :D
Looking forward to more episodes as the series progresses ^^

I was so hooked that the episode seemed like it ended so quickly for me ;c
Apr 7, 2012 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Great first episode

Best anime series start out of them of this season so far :)

Catchy OP and ED for sure.

Reminds me so much of Slam Dunk which is probably why I'm liking this show so much :)

Kuroko reminds me of Rukawa a bit which is pretty awesome, and Kagami is like Sakuragi with his Raw Talent.

5/5 for this episode and I can't wait for the next one :D, the episode went so fast for me did anyone else feel that way too?
Apr 7, 2012 6:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good first episode. It was enjoyable to watch. The OP was catchy and had great animation with it.

The animation at times was awesome. Looked really fluid and made them look realistic.

I hope they say the positions at one point. I'm assuming Kuroko will be PG and Taika will be PF. Not sure who will fill in center, but we'll see.

The first episode was exciting, hopefully it'll continue to escalate. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Apr 7, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing first episode. As a fan of Slam Dunk I can say I like that Kuroko is a point guard rather than another "Rukawa". I loooove the way he can mess with people's minds so easily and can't wait to see his development throughout the series.

I SERIOUSLY hope the anime lasts way more than 12-13 eps. Episode one from Kuroko no Basket is the stand out first episode from any anime this season. I wasn't disappointed during any of it. I can only hope it lasts long enough for us to get a good fill of it :)

5/5
Apr 7, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
I love having a main character who is good at handling the ball, rather than simply being the golden boy. Taiga is pretty cool as well. I just hope the rest of the team is up to snuff both skillwise and character wise. I'd watch it for the two freshmen alone, but I'd much prefer to have an interest in the rest of the team as well.
Apr 7, 2012 7:09 PM
Dec 2008
To be honest, Kuroko no Baske is one anime that gave me a deep impression ever since the year started. I have never encountered such awesome start with the 2012 Spring animes and most of the Summer animes.

After watching the first episode, I was really tempted to read the manga (RESTRAINING MYSELF, knowing that the manga has 120++ chapters) They have come a long way.. finally getting an anime adaption.

My favourite part of the anime was when they really showed Kuroko's true talent during the last 3minutes of the match, damn, the BGM really.. really.. I don't know. Its awesome. (Blaming on my lack of vocabulary)

Can't wait to watch the team's development as the series continues.

AND IM STILL REALLY TEMPTED TO READ THE MANGA, BUT I'LL BEAR WITH IT.
Definitely looking forward to the series. I hope its mainstream... But I guess unlikely, at least give a satisfactory 24 episodes, I would love it even more if it goes more than that. ARRGH THE TEMPTATION!!
KashiTora_DesuApr 7, 2012 7:19 PM
Apr 7, 2012 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
Rakuen42 said:
I love having a main character who is good at handling the ball, rather than simply being the golden boy. Taiga is pretty cool as well. I just hope the rest of the team is up to snuff both skillwise and character wise. I'd watch it for the two freshmen alone, but I'd much prefer to have an interest in the rest of the team as well.

I think the other 3 starters will be 2nd + 3rd years. Luckily we won't need to put up with the awful play of all the other first years. They gave up so easily during the practice game :p

KashiTora_Desu said:

AND IM STILL REALLY TEMPTED TO READ THE MANGA, BUT I'LL BEAR WITH IT.
Definitely looking forward to the series. I hope its mainstream... But I guess unlikely, at least give a satisfactory 24 episodes, I would love it even more if it goes more than that. ARRGH THE TEMPTATION!!

Tempted to read the manga too but I know the anime will be more awesome if it is watched before reading the manga.
Apr 7, 2012 7:38 PM

Oct 2011
this is gonna get good :D
cant wait until Midorima appears XD
Nope.
Apr 7, 2012 8:11 PM
Jun 2010
actually enjoyed this, im gonna read the manga though because i want more!
Apr 7, 2012 8:15 PM

Nov 2008
good first ep.
hope it's going to be good. haven't had a good basketball anime since slam dunk.
hi
Apr 7, 2012 8:30 PM

Jan 2011
Great first episode, really liking Kuroko no Basket. The art is very appealing to me and the characters are great, though the two main characters remind me of Oga and Furuichi from Beelzebub a lot lol. xD
Pretty cheesy how Kuroko said he's the 'shadow', nevertheless it was still cool. Him being able to make ridiculously fast passes is awesome. Kagami is one beast lmao. He really is like the Oga of Kuroko no Basket. Kagami and Kuroko, I can see them as an awesome duo. :D
OP was awesome as well.

Overall really enjoyed this first episode. Looking forward to more of this Anime.
5/5
Apr 7, 2012 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
This looks like a fun shounen. Kuroko is a horrible basketball player, but an interesting main character. I like his supporting role in the team, and his lack of any other skills leaves room for development. I'm not sure how this will fare in the basketball department though, as it looks like Kuroko and Taiga will overshadow the rest of the team. Slam Dunk's matches were good (for the most part) because the entire team played their roles well.
Apr 7, 2012 8:33 PM

Dec 2010
I.G never fails to amaze
dammit, area no kishi deserved better animators
「J>K>W」
事実。
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.