Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ the weird dream, like Tsubaki-kun said.

So, Mikoto is transfer student, who got assigned to sit next to Tsubaki. Mikoto is such a soft-spoken, my-pace girl, but is really straightforward with Tsubaki-kun.

That does not look like "accidentally" to me!!

lol @ the boy who runs next to Tsubasaki-kun is KajiKaji's character (and I instantly recognize the voice)!

And she knows all about his sickness and babbling about how he loves her just because he saw her whole face.

lol @ that whole dream with her, and the whole starting of relations.

No OP but ED was... ok.
tsubasaloverApr 7, 2012 10:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 7, 2012 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
Well, this should be a very unique watch.

Well after watching, unique would be an understatement. But it's taking off far better than most romances, a confession on the first episode, a mutual understanding of feelings, and very little melodrama. And as of right now, no introduction to a ceaseless love triangle. The OST was also really good, it fit the mood perfectly; but, the art and animation was somewhat dated, but, that could just be the style.

Was enjoyable.
mdzApr 8, 2012 6:34 PM
Apr 7, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it's better than I feared, but worse than... wait, I barely hoped for Hoods to make a half-decent adaptation, and then suddenly, it comes out pretty good.
Apr 7, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
Yep, this will be one interesting anime to watch.

Liked all those posters in Akira's room which are spoofs of real movies.
Apr 7, 2012 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
Well, interesting episode. A lot better than I thought.

I think Mikoto Urabe's drool can cure cancer...

Impressive Voice Actress btw considering she's new to the industry. Anyways, going to continue watching this
Stark700Apr 8, 2012 11:54 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:07 PM

Feb 2012
Any fansubs yet? >,<
Apr 7, 2012 2:19 PM

Mar 2009
it was great, music was excellent and the tone of the work was just really well done

dat urabe seiyuu
Apr 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
The first episode was surprisingly good. It had a nice pace, the art and animation was good, and while strange the whole drool thing is, it allows for some interesting aspect of love between lovers. A good start for Hood's first show that isn't super crazy fan-service.
Apr 7, 2012 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
Oh, less fanservice than I expected. Good job, Hoods Entertainment ^_^
Apr 7, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Next well done adaptation of a manga besides Sankarea, I have no complaints. Watch it, enjoy it, next week Mikoto's signature move!
Apr 7, 2012 6:49 PM

May 2011
God help him if he gets addicted to some of her other bodily fluids.

This show is trippy and cute. I'm kind of liking it so far.

Although Mikoto seems to give off a creepy vibe. Similar to Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari.
Apr 7, 2012 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
I have to say that this series will []have me cringe badly for the following part in the spoiler
that will be my #1 problem. Regardless the following,

Was PLAIN GROSS! Despite that on the opposite side we have an ecchi innovation that presents none the less the “New Nose Bleed” so to speak. Instead of blood, it’s drool when the girl is happy on top of that. Joy is the trigger whereas normally it’s ecchi. Interesting concept to try out TBH.

About Urabe Mikoto, the very first thing I noticed of her is that her foot work is military in nature. Thus I wonder if she is some military person. Loved her first appearance with those blue strands on her hair. The design of the teacher here was plain and kind of reminded me Love Hina style there. Lovely depiction of Urabe in the spoiler
in general I like her composure there. What’s this? Oh dear, she sleeps in class. Well that was not expected but it’s nice there are girls to want to be friends with her. When Urabe ROFL in the spoiler
so did I! Remember that her Seiyuu is brand new to the industry and so I APPROVE! Her voice may be deep but I liker her laughter. It’s nice. It’s amazing how long Urabe can sleep but it’s even more amazing the whole tasting of the drool by your truly Akira in the spoiler
WOW! WTF GUY!
That shit contains germs and diseases beyond anything. I WOWed that’s all. I did like Urabe’s face there with drool. In fact it has to be the following,

That’s what made me change that girls with drool can be MOE despite the weird showing of that. Another thing I noticed of Urabe is her UFO stuff in the spoiler
both bag and pen are in part of the theme. As much as I applaud of Urabe for having the gut to suddenly jump on Akira’s bad here. I have to decline the drool tasting part. However I did like the part in spoiler
despite being drool tasting time, it was setup as romantic.

About the fan service, for those wondering WTF is up with that in this series? Well I checked the manga and yes the mid part where it gets really ecchi. My results:
  • Now in the beginning the results in the spoiler
    should make it all clear. BlankBs and BlankVs all around. Like in Symphogear. Now that is mighty good and will have less problem with censors.

• Panties of Urabe in the spoiler
    are going to be a plenty. IMO that’s what will be a lot around.
Other than that, nudes with blanks and that’s all. Check chapter 30 around there. Less they change it around.

About the ED, I liked a lot the ED for its showings of the girls in the spoiler
those are mighty fine depictions of characters.

About preview, expect more panties in the spoiler
for which I do mention it will recur. Can’t wait to see Urabe’s scissor work on the paper here. So much Akira gets surprised. Perhaps some naked Urabe here? Not sure of censors but Symphogear did that so why not in this series?

BTW Image Stitches are done in the spoiler
nice ones of Urabe and groups

Intermission in the spoiler
is pretty nice and artful.

Obligatory GIF of Urabe’s fan service in the spoiler
now that’s not bad. White panties and she is a virgin. Now if someone can open a club of this, I could put more of them there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 7, 2012 10:32 PM

Sep 2011
I'm so happy they did a adaptation of the manga... I really like it

The animation is well done its close to the manga's art style
I really like the VAs they chose for the cast especially Urabe.. fits her perfectly
Apr 7, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2010
what to say about this... imo her VA is a little wierd, the rather deep voice is kinda unusual, but everything about this series seem to be like that so maybe it will make sense as the series progresses.
Good Stuff, looking forward for the rest
huh?
Apr 7, 2012 11:23 PM

Jan 2010
the art style remind me of anime from late 90. not bad anyway
Apr 7, 2012 11:32 PM

Sep 2010
How bizarre.
Apr 7, 2012 11:34 PM
Jun 2008
judging from the airing date it should be Anime from 2012....
Apr 8, 2012 12:02 AM
Oct 2010
tembikai said:
the art style remind me of anime from late 90. not bad anyway

word. got that exact same feeling as i watched it. did get me more interested too

about this first ep. pretty good. thought it wouldve been fanservice filled due to the "accidentally tasting her drool" i read on the description. while i thoguth it was gross it did move the plot a lot. her vomiting drool made me say oh hell no. wtf lol. although she is a unique character i liked her from her first appearance. haha when he got better after getting his second dose of her drool i thoguth " OH SNAP U GOT DA AIDS"

will keep watching. dont let the description fool you.
KingCezApr 8, 2012 12:07 AM
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 8, 2012 12:47 AM

Dec 2011
I'm surprised. That turned out to be pretty enjoyable, and i look forward to more.
Apr 8, 2012 12:49 AM
Sep 2011
There is something extremely appealing about Urabe despite her rather plain face.
It's probably the VA as she sounds really different from the usual female voices you hear, it sounds deeper and more sensual.
Furthermore Urabe's sudden movements from time to time make her resemble a carnivore examining her prey... And there is her boldness in terms of sexuality, of course.

It shows that this show has the same director as Uchuu Kyoudai. The amount of little details is unrivaled, however, they always add something to the mood instead of detracting from it.
Apr 8, 2012 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
Well people have been screaming out for more original characters and less cliched expys of older ones, so why the hell aren't more people watching this.

And the 90s style artwork gave me this feeling like I was watching an anime movie, never felt this way from watching other anime series.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Apr 8, 2012 12:54 AM

Jun 2011
For some reason this makes me want to go read Sundome again
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Apr 8, 2012 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
what a weird anime lol
Apr 8, 2012 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
Rally don't like Urabe's VA...

Apart from that okay first episode. But only 13 episodes? So they're most likely not even gonna make it into the Idol arc. Which might be for the best, as it was pretty dragged out, but still kinda sad.

Next episode panty scissors? Sure hope so.
grandy_UiDApr 8, 2012 1:24 AM
Apr 8, 2012 1:14 AM

Oct 2011
that was truly amazing - so fun to get to fall in love with urabe all over again! great adaptation of the manga, my only problem being it seems like they condensed it a little too much, but that's to be expected...music was amazing as well - very romantic score with lots of classical instruments - nice change from most anime these days - also, urabe's seiyuu, ayako yoshitani, does an amazing job - spot on as to how i imagined she would sound - best show of the season (so far)!!!
Apr 8, 2012 1:16 AM
Aug 2010
Usual I don't read the manga unless after get the adopting but this anime I read the all chapters and I real want to see it in anime ....the manga is great ans anime itself I hope they adopt the anime same as the manga.
Apr 8, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
Well that might have been the weirdest thing I have ever seen. In addition to it being one of the grossest. Seriously...that is just gross. Too much saliva man...just yuuuuuuck.

Anyway, it is very different imo. Throwback art style and unique female lead, especially the VA. Very different. That said, hopefully their is some solid plot and not just copious amounts of saliva. Hope the sex is handled well and isn't to brash but given the male lead I think it should be alright since he does balance out her weirdness (although he did lap up on that saliva first?)

Not the best show of the season thus far but interesting enough to follow.
Apr 8, 2012 1:37 AM

May 2011
Wow, Urabe's voice is cool in my ear.

This should be interesting.
Apr 8, 2012 1:42 AM

Sep 2008
This was just as weird as the manga.

I'll stick with it for a while longer.
Apr 8, 2012 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
YES! Thank you Anime!

Turned out to be better than expected. I like Urabe's voice. It is kinda deep and has a reserved tone on it. Looking forward for more weird fetishes in the coming episodes.
Apr 8, 2012 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
This was gross... LOL but interesting.... we'll let's see....

Aug 2008
Good adaptation.
People who complain about mediocre shows should try this.
Fresh yet Weird in some meanings.

Urabe's voice is very deep, but not bad. Actually this new seiyuu is doing pretty good job channeling emotions in.

This is Hoods debut on non-explicit fanservice?
christmas cake

May 2008
Asagami said:
Oh, less fanservice than I expected. Good job, Hoods Entertainment ^_^

Yes. I was a bit worried when I saw how they had her skirt hiked up in that promo pic.

Art was better than I expected. But the Dream World scenes were very disappointing. Looks like they chose not to even try to render it as in the manga (prolly for fear of getting wrist cramps), and just did brief "flyby" type shots of a different vision.
Apr 8, 2012 1:57 AM

Jun 2011
Wonderful, wonderful show.
Apr 8, 2012 2:26 AM

Jan 2011
Misdreavius said:
Well people have been screaming out for more original characters and less cliched expys of older ones, so why the hell aren't more people watching this.

Yeah I love her unique personality she is so chill.
[center]
Apr 8, 2012 2:33 AM

Aug 2010
Best first ep of the season by a long shot.

Artwork was pretty amazing, especially in the dream sequence.
Apr 8, 2012 2:54 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
What The helll??????? o.O
Apr 8, 2012 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
Nazo no Kanojo = 40% average school anime, 60% mindf*ck.
Also, I'm pretty much sure the girl from the photo is Urabe.
Apr 8, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2010
This is WEIRD (and to some extent gross). Might watch another episode.

3/5
Apr 8, 2012 3:35 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
twonline said:
This is WEIRD (and to some extent gross). Might watch another episode.

3/5

I've been reading the manga since the original one-shot and I even found it a bit unappetizing to watch the drool in animated form. Looks a bit thicker than it was in the manga. I'll get used to it, though.

4/5: for the Dream World being brushed over and the somewhat rushed pace. Hope they wont make a bunch of changes. Already spotted one but it doesn't effect the overall story.
Apr 8, 2012 4:09 AM

Mar 2012
Well... That was very different, but still neat. Can't wait to see how this anime goes
Apr 8, 2012 4:12 AM
Jun 2008
I wonder does the saliva taste sweet or not?
Apr 8, 2012 4:48 AM
Feb 2012
just watched this...

what is this, i dont even...

i feel uncomfortable now. not that its a bad thing
Apr 8, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2010
Totentanz said:
There is something extremely appealing about Urabe despite her rather plain face.
It's probably the VA as she sounds really different from the usual female voices you hear, it sounds deeper and more sensual.
Furthermore Urabe's sudden movements from time to time (up to here)

You described what I have in my mind, thank :)

Feel like watching Welcome to NHK & Hen Zemi at the same time.
Apr 8, 2012 5:41 AM

Feb 2009
The 4th out of 5 manga that I'm reading that's being adapted this Spring.
The manga art was retro and old school already. I didn't think they would stick to it even in the anime. I like it. Feels really different from the lineup this Spring.
Urabe's voice is pretty cute but I imagined a bit differently, more like Misaki Mei's voice. Tsubaki was fine, props to MiyuMiyu.
The music is really good and so is the pacing of the show.
I admit I was disgusted too when I first read this but when it went on I just got used to it. Plus these drool interactions leads to really sweet moments. It's more about the connection they will be forming with every interaction and less about the drool tasting itself.
I'm looking forward to more of this. Can't believe this is the same studio who brought Seikon no Qwaser...
Apr 8, 2012 5:50 AM

Jul 2009
Lol i think everyone's reaction is the same as i was when i am reading the manga it is really weird at first but i live.

I never thought the confession will be on the first episode, but with 13 episodes i guess it makes sense.
Apr 8, 2012 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
Might be an interesting show to follow but I'm not sure how I'm going to endure watching all the saliva ingestions.... :(
Apr 8, 2012 6:03 AM

Dec 2009
ManInBlack said:
Might be an interesting show to follow but I'm not sure how I'm going to endure watching all the saliva ingestions.... :(

I completely agree. I found myself quite intrigued, but I'm very saliva-conscious, so all that saliva licking wasn't really a pleasant sight.
Apr 8, 2012 6:04 AM

Jun 2010
I think they are exaggerating the drool. Well, it's good though I don't really remember that bursting out laughing in the Manga.

EDIT: Why is a kid raging here Lol. If you don't want to update your list then don't log in as a member in MAL. Btw some of us is using MAL Updater so it automatically updates our list while watching the Anime ^_^
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.