Forum Settings
Forums

Production Studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Apr 7, 2012 9:20 AM

aquamarineAngel said:
akutasame94 said:
I can't wait for them to make it awesome and make people here eat their words...

I really hate when people judge how good show is/will be before it starts...

Ok, it's not the best studio, we know...

It's not KyoAni, so what...

Stop complaining and wait for episode 1, then we will see if it is any good...

AND YES STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forgive me for having such high expectations.
forgive me for wanting the absolute best for something lots of fans (including me) truly adore.

Expectations are not the problem, but complaining is...

People saying "shit" even before it started... Come on...

I think the people who are like "Just wait, it might be good!" don't really understand what this adaption is about. It isn't just some normal anime that people wanted. This is possibly the most demanded anime adaption of the last 2 years.

So when an insanely hyped anime gets a low tier studio... yeah, they have plenty of right to complain. An anime like this should be done by one of the best studios.

akutasame94 said:
Solkiskey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
TehYGuy said:
RyanSaotome said:
Don't refuse to watch it just because its JC Staff.

This.

JC Staff is one of my favorite anime studios even though I do agree that some of their adaptations aren't that good but we'll see how this one is handled. I won't just instantly assume it will suck right away.
only a few people are expecting it to suck immediatly

JC taking it is just destroying all the hype

also seriously how can anyone think JC is the best studio out there, they half ass every single thing they do, freaking gonzo put more effort into animating than JC ever has done, and thats outright pathetic

While I don't agree with the Gonzo-JC thing, it's true that JC often half ass things.

The only works I truly liked were by him : http://myanimelist.net/people/6598/Kasai_Kenichi

Now the director behind LB! is the guy behind Kill Me Baby and a bunch of other series that don't look very good.

akutasame94 said:
I can't wait for them to make it awesome and make people here eat their words...

I really hate when people judge how good show is/will be before it starts...

Ok, it's not the best studio, we know...

It's not KyoAni, so what...

Stop complaining and wait for episode 1, then we will see if it is any good...

AND YES STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's not the best studio. The choice is very disappointing, especially since Key is known to hand their works to good teams.

If they hand their work to good studios, why should we be worried. I am sure they wouldn't give it to someone to ruin it...

@Alterego

Yeah, they will always have a reason to complain...

If you look at the team right now, it doesn't seem very good.

RyanSaotome said:
I think the people who are like "Just wait, it might be good!" don't really understand what this adaption is about. It isn't just some normal anime that people wanted. This is possibly the most demanded anime adaption of the last 2 years.

So when an insanely hyped anime gets a low tier studio... yeah, they have plenty of right to complain. An anime like this should be done by one of the best studios.[/quote

Most people who say it might be good might have not even heard of Little Busters! before the announcements. Or they haven't been around for very long.

Apr 7, 2012 9:22 AM

jmal said:
Solkiskey said:
Because JC has done HORRIBLE adaptations, which is why expectations are low and a lot of people are disappointed.

Yes, and some fantastic adaptations (hello Toradora) as well, and some of he ones you think are horrible probably aren't considered as such by others.

One good adaptations in many horribles ones, what are the odds? =|

Apr 7, 2012 9:24 AM

RyanSaotome said:

So when an insanely hyped anime gets a low tier studio... yeah, they have plenty of right to complain. An anime like this should be done by one of the best studios.

They do not have the right to complain before they watch at least one episode...

I do understand where all the hate is coming from, as I wanted KyoAni or studio like them, but I still hope this to be good, and making comments like this can't change the studio..

Apr 7, 2012 9:25 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH WOW. This is fucking brilliant. Oh Key, u guise.
Out of all the studios out there, they picked JC Staff. Man oh man.

Apr 7, 2012 9:26 AM

jmal said:
Solkiskey said:
Because JC has done HORRIBLE adaptations, which is why expectations are low and a lot of people are disappointed.

Yes, and some fantastic adaptations (hello Toradora) as well, and some of he ones you think are horrible probably aren't considered as such by others.

Their most well known VN adaption is Tsukihime... which is generally known as one of the biggest VN adaption screw ups in history.

Hey, its great if you want to keep upbeat about it.... but this is probably the worst studio it could have gotten.

Apr 7, 2012 9:26 AM

akutasame94 said:
RyanSaotome said:

They do not have the right to complain before they watch at least one episode...

I do understand where all the hate is coming from, as I wanted KyoAni or studio like them, but I still hope this to be good, and making comments like this can't change the studio..

Why shouldn't we? We're disappointed that LB! is picked up by a seemingly low tier studio while we expected something like P.A Works.

As said earlier, LB! anime has been demanded for a very long time, and having it made by JC Staff surely will disappoint many people because their adaptations never really live up to the original material.

Apr 7, 2012 9:27 AM

=l

Apr 7, 2012 9:27 AM

Solkiskey said:
jmal said:
Alterego-X said:
And that's a good thing, if KyoAni would make it, it would be a 10 for a short time, then suddenly every hipster would want to be cool by suddenly realizing how "overrated" it is, and it would suddenly become the "OMG WORST ANIME EVER!!!", just like Haruhi or K-on!.

Very true, but instead we've just got people saying it's terrible before it even airs because of the JC hate. I'm not sure this is much better.

@DJizzy : I don't consider Shakugan no Shana that much of a sucess... lol. Especially not the third season.
successful as in popularity, the show is bad, but just cause its bad doesnt mean it has no chance of success, just look at the train wreck that is call of duty, some of them border onto worst games of this gen territory yet they still manage to sell millions in a day

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 7, 2012 9:29 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:

You're kidding right? I've wanted this adapted ever since I saw KyoAni's Air. I wanted this to be KyoAni as much as anyone else. But it doesn't matter how big a property it is. "Wait and see" is the only constructive approach available. What else is there? Shudder in fear for another 6-9 months? No thanks.

Unless you think bitching up a storm on MAL is going to convince Key to change their mind - sorry, it won't.

Key insists they want this to be a success, and they have a direct financial stake in it being so. They've held out for years already. I don't see what we can possibly do but trust them. Maybe cross our fingers and keep expectations in check, sure, but this utter despair, this wailing and gnashing of teeth, serves no purpose whatsoever.

I don't think it really matters to them how good it is. A well known property will sell regardless of quality... just look at Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night adaptions. Hated by fans, yet both sold insanely well.

If anything, this is a way to get it lower budget while reaping more profits from the sales.

Apr 7, 2012 9:29 AM
:///////////

Apr 7, 2012 9:32 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:

You're kidding right? I've wanted this adapted ever since I saw KyoAni's Air. I wanted this to be KyoAni as much as anyone else. But it doesn't matter how big a property it is. "Wait and see" is the only constructive approach available. What else is there? Shudder in fear for another 6-9 months? No thanks.

Unless you think bitching up a storm on MAL is going to convince Key to change their mind - sorry, it won't.

Key insists they want this to be a success, and they have a direct financial stake in it being so. They've held out for years already. I don't see what we can possibly do but trust them. Maybe cross our fingers and keep expectations in check, sure, but this utter despair, this wailing and gnashing of teeth, serves no purpose whatsoever.

"Wait and see" is the only constructive approach available.

Finally someone said that...

I really love Key and their VNs, and I don't like that this won't be done by KyoAni, but come on...

Apr 7, 2012 9:32 AM

OH GOD WHY

Apr 7, 2012 9:34 AM

or some people just try to be positive even if it is JC staff....

What i'm wondering about, wasn't the dengeki magazine supposed to come out 10 april and not 7 april?
(Visiting the just launched site of Dengeki’s 20th anniversary, which arrives complete with countdown clock, reveals an interesting visual as mentioned, and can be seen above. Now what makes this even more intriguing is the fact that Dengeki’s 20th anniversary happens to be on April 10th – the date in which Dengeki Visual Arts’ Spring 2012 issue is to release
( http://dengeki.com/20th/ )

Apr 7, 2012 9:34 AM

Millhi said:

What i'm wondering about, wasn't the dengeki magazine supposed to come out 10 april and not 7 april?
(Visiting the just launched site of Dengeki’s 20th anniversary, which arrives complete with countdown clock, reveals an interesting visual as mentioned, and can be seen above. Now what makes this even more intriguing is the fact that Dengeki’s 20th anniversary happens to be on April 10th – the date in which Dengeki Visual Arts’ Spring 2012 issue is to release

That was bugging me too....

Apr 7, 2012 9:35 AM

akutasame94 said:
RyanSaotome said:

We have every right to complain with Tsukihime and JC's track record with adaptations, while Ano Natsu was very good and Milky Holmes turned out decent, they've screwed up countless manga and LN adaptations especially Shana.

Apr 7, 2012 9:35 AM

Seriously what the fuck, JC Staff?

Apr 7, 2012 9:36 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Their most well known VN adaption is Tsukihime... which is generally known as one of the biggest VN adaption screw ups in history.

If everyone is going to reject out of hand any good adaptations that people bring up, then fine, I'm exercising my equal right to reject this comparison as well. Completely different staff and genre, and going on a decade ago at that.

but this is probably the worst studio it could have gotten.

This is just the kind of hyperbole that I dislike about this thread. So when was Deen dethroned as western otakudom's most reflexively hated studio? Is the "worst" just whoever happens to get announced for a given show?

Iif you look at LB!'s team, it really doesn't look too great.

Apr 7, 2012 9:39 AM

Hoppy said:
akutasame94 said:
RyanSaotome said:

We have every right to complain with Tsukihime and JC's track record with adaptations, while Ano Natsu was very good and Milky Holmes turned out decent, they've screwed up countless manga and LN adaptations especially Shana.

We could go on forever like this....

Again, I UNDERSTAND AS I PLAYED EVERY KEY VN AND WATCHED EVERY ADAPTATION (JUST LOOK AT MY PROFILE) BUT AT LEAST GIVE THEM A CHANCE, THAT'S ALL I WANNA SAY. DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVERS....

Apr 7, 2012 9:39 AM

oh dear oh dear... ;o

Apr 7, 2012 9:40 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
A well known property will sell regardless of quality...

Eh? Tell that to Umineko, or the vast majority of visual novel adaptations that have hit the market, for that matter.

The LB VN sold a lot at base, so it wouldn't be surprising if the anime sales were atleast pretty good.

Apr 7, 2012 9:40 AM

The problem is, that no one even has any idea what to compare this to.

Another famous J.C. Staff show, like Shana? But that doesn't count, because Shana was an action fantasy, with different priorities.

Another J.C. Staff slice of life romance drama, like Toradora? But that doesn't count, because it was a linear light novel, not a VN.

Another J.C. Staff VN adaptation like Tsukihime? But that doesn't count because it had a different staff behind it.

Another show from the same director, like Kill Me Baby? But that doesn't count, because Kill Me Baby was never a manga with great potential, it doesn't show the director's ability.

The thing is, that this whole situation, just like almost every staff reveal ever, is a complete wildcard.

There are a handful of cases where the same studio, with the same director, are adapting a work from the same medium and genre from the same writer as before, but other than that, almost every adaptation is a surprise.

Apr 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Let's just wait and see, guys. Have faith in JC Staff. They will never gonna give us up, never gonna let us down, never gonna run around and desert us.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Apr 7, 2012 9:45 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

mdz said:

Have you played the VN?

Apr 7, 2012 9:47 AM

Alterego-X said:
The problem is, that no one even has any idea what to compare this to.

Another famous J.C. Staff show, like Shana? But that doesn't count, because Shana was an action fantasy, with different priorities.

Another J.C. Staff slice of life romance drama, like Toradora? But that doesn't count, because it was a linear light novel, not a VN.

Another J.C. Staff VN adaptation like Tsukihime? But that doesn't count because it had a different staff behind it.

Another show from the same director, like Kill Me Baby? But that doesn't count, because Kill Me Baby was never a manga with great potential, it doesn't show the director's ability.

The thing is, that this whole situation, just like almost every staff reveal ever, is a complete wildcard.

There are a handful of cases where the same studio, with the same director, are adapting a work from the same medium and genre from the same writer as before, but other than that, almost every adaptation is a surprise.

Except if you look at Yamakawa Yoshiki's page, you'll notice he hasn't done ANYTHING really special. Which is why us people are afraid this might be shit.

Apr 7, 2012 9:48 AM
Yanoflies said:
I'd really love to see SHAFT take up an anime of this type. Meh, will still be watching since it's Little Busters, J.C. Staff or not.

They already did with Ef.

Anyway, Little Busters is a mediocre visual novel that only KyoAni could salvage. This will be awful.

Apr 7, 2012 9:52 AM

mitch3315 said:
mdz said:

Have you played the VN?

Apr 7, 2012 9:52 AM

dkrdude3 said:
Yanoflies said:
I'd really love to see SHAFT take up an anime of this type. Meh, will still be watching since it's Little Busters, J.C. Staff or not.

An it worked out badly. The Ef VN was a great tearjerker with gorgeous art, but it was still a sane, realistic romance story. Shaft just turned it into one of their crazy surreal series.

Apr 7, 2012 9:54 AM

jmal said:

How come?! o.O
How they could disregard those voices of anger?!
ok people won't be able to see it or won't buy it... but lack of financial support doesn't mean they should just treat those voices as non-existent!!

MAL has spoken so dear Key please throw away this arrangement and do it again!

Apr 7, 2012 9:55 AM

Alterego-X said:
dkrdude3 said:
Yanoflies said:

An it worked out badly. The Ef VN was a great tearjerker with gorgeous art, but it was still a sane, realistic romance story. Shaft just turned it into one of their crazy surreal series.

Hey I really liked ef...

Piece of art, unique...

Apr 7, 2012 9:55 AM
Solkiskey said:

Except if you look at Yamakawa Yoshiki's page, you'll notice he hasn't done ANYTHING really special. Which is why us people are afraid this might be shit.

this.

he is just directing 3 shows so far, and his latest work is utter shit.
yes, kill me baby is utter shit. it's a fail tier show.

Apr 7, 2012 9:58 AM

akutasame94 said:
Alterego-X said:
dkrdude3 said:
Yanoflies said:

Hey I really liked ef...

Piece of art, unique...

It wasn't particularly *bad*, but I first saw it as already the fan of the original VN, and it felt more like a bunch of fan-art stuck together, than a proper retelling of a beautiful story.

Like, would you want Clannad, or Little Busters, to be turned into a sequence of surreal imagery, and nonsensical montages, just so it could be "unique", instead of properly telling the story?

Apr 7, 2012 10:00 AM

Millhi said:

You gave me my last hope.

I'm hoping this is a counterplan after the spoiled news event and failed april fools reverse-joke. Yeah, yeah. This could do. My last lifeline...

(Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, but...come on! J. C is okay, but that list of staff??? Come on, it's like they just deciding random people for the adaptation, it looks more like a joke to begin with)

Apr 7, 2012 10:03 AM

Which would be very insulting to JC Staff and the supposed team. I don't think that kind of April's Fool joke would be funny at all.

"J.C Staff is doing LB!"

"Lol we're joking guys, April's fool! JC Sucks."

:|

Apr 7, 2012 10:05 AM

Alterego-X said:
akutasame94 said:
Alterego-X said:
dkrdude3 said:
Yanoflies said:

Hey I really liked ef...

Piece of art, unique...

It wasn't particularly *bad*, but I first saw it as already the fan of the original VN, and it felt more like a bunch of fan-art stuck together, than a proper retelling of a beautiful story.

Like, would you want Clannad, or Little Busters, to be turned into a sequence of surreal imagery, and nonsensical montages, just so it could be "unique", instead of properly telling the story?

I agree, but I haven't played Ef VN before, so I don't know...

Apr 7, 2012 10:06 AM

oh hell noooo why? i.i

Apr 7, 2012 10:28 AM

I do have to say they know how to sell the magazine that this news comes in. That Kud fanservice is amazing.

If JC Staff gives Kud lots of fanservice in this anime I won't complain too much.

Apr 7, 2012 10:29 AM

Roloko said:
dtshyk said:
Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki

(Directed: Kill Me Baby!)

xcept for Eiken. xP.

I luvvv Eiken!

Apr 7, 2012 10:34 AM
I see people are mad that JC Staff is doing the anime and suggested P.A. Works and KyoAni as anime studios for the anime but fail to realize that they have other works lined up like this:
P.A Works has Another(ended),Tari Tari(July) and Hanasaku Iroha(likely October) season 2 for this year. They also do no more than 3 anime series.

KyoAni has Hyoka and Chū-2 Byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!. They usually do no more than 2 anime series.

Apr 7, 2012 10:35 AM

RyanSaotome said:

I do have to say they know how to sell the magazine that this news comes in. That Kud fanservice is amazing.

If JC Staff gives Kud lots of fanservice in this anime I won't complain too much.

Oh God no. That's absolutely not what I'm expecting for LB! anime...Come on, I'm dying to see Refrain animated (well)

God, I don't know what to say anymore...

Apr 7, 2012 10:38 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R.I.P Little busters

Apr 7, 2012 10:41 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
A well known property will sell regardless of quality...

Eh? Tell that to Umineko, or the vast majority of visual novel adaptations that have hit the market, for that matter.

Umineko had a limited fanbase, especially compared to Higurashi which was way more popular. You musn't forget that Umineko is a doujin software, not a full fledged visual novel like LB! or F/SN.
But Ryan is right, if the source material is INSANELY popular, so not Umineko-popular or regular populair, the anime adaptation will sell.

Apr 7, 2012 10:42 AM

FUCK

Apr 7, 2012 10:48 AM
Gratitude doesn't cost a thing - yet this adaption is far from free. Still, the lot of you insist it isn't good enough for you, when the majority of you will never pay a cent for it.

Apr 7, 2012 10:53 AM

My heart sank a little when I read the news. I feel that J.C Staff's animation style is not really compatible with Little Busters! Granted that I'm a fan of Toradora and Railgun, you gotta admit their recent works like Hidan no Aria, Milky Holmes and Kami-sama no memo chou are just terrible. It's pretty much hit and miss most of the time.

Still giving them the benefit of the doubt though. We'll see what happens. *cross fingers*

Apr 7, 2012 10:55 AM

darkerealm said:
you gotta admit their recent works like Hidan no Aria, Milky Holmes and Kami-sama no memo chou are just terrible. It's pretty much hit and miss most of the time.

They are, but not because of their animation or directing, but because they have lame premises.

Apr 7, 2012 10:55 AM
All of my rage.

*hugs the Visual Novel*

Apr 7, 2012 11:09 AM

Why...

God why....
Key Fan

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »