Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2012 7:49 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She says that his name is "Yamagi Tsuki." I must admit that my knowledge of the Japanese language is lacking. I know Raito means "light." Is there a deeper meaning to this a native reader could infer is that yet to be seen?

Aug 19, 2015 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Great chapter :)
Nov 7, 2015 2:26 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Misa's got Light.

5/5
Jan 3, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
Shit's getting intense.
Dec 13, 2018 12:40 AM

Mar 2017
brucescrews said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She says that his name is "Yamagi Tsuki." I must admit that my knowledge of the Japanese language is lacking. I know Raito means "light." Is there a deeper meaning to this a native reader could infer is that yet to be seen?

I know my answer is 6 years too late, but I will write it for anyone else happening upon this chapter discussion. She sees the Kanji 月 above his head, which would usually be read "Tsuki" if it's in a name and meands moon (or month). If you're a fan of Sailor Moon, it's easy to remember, because the main character is named Tsukino Usagi. Just a little fun fact. :P

As to why his name is pronounced Raito / Light instead: Probably just because it sounds cool. The Kanji is never supposed to be pronounced that way to my knowledge. It's the same reason why there's a shitton of Christian symbolism in Evangelion. It doesn't really mean anything, but looks cool and/or epic.

To get back on topic: I really liked the introduction of Misa to the story, even if she kind of distracts from the Light / L dynamic. But it does create an interesting scenario, and was also necessary since L didn't really have many options to make further progress on the Kira case.
Sep 3, 2021 7:52 AM
Sep 2020
Light's wrong move cost him ,he should have thought about the shinigami's eyes powers🔥🔥

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jul 9, 2007

55 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 15, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 95 Discussion

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 7, 2015

4 by worldsfuckk »»
Apr 13, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Mar 28, 2012

9 by iamupinacloud »»
Mar 15, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 1 Discussion

BlackAssassin - Oct 15, 2007

24 by STARbtw »»
Mar 14, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Death Note Chapter 9 Discussion

brucescrews - Mar 31, 2012

10 by Fleexyy »»
Feb 6, 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.