Forum Settings
Forums

| CLOSED | :: GFX Sig Challenge :: *ENTRY ROUND / APR12*

#1
Apr 1, 2012 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424



Join for more updates :: GFX Sig Club ::

:: GFX Sig Challenge :: is an official MAL Award Contest



:: GFX Signature ::

A GFX Signature is about Graphic Effects. So, usually you have a render/picture and you do the background according with what you think will suit better (brushes, contrast, patterns, textures, c4d's...). It's a combination of Graphic Design with Effects. The most used program for this stuff is Photoshop.



Rules:
1. Entries maximum dimension: 600x140 px;
2. Only one entry per user;
3. Entry must be your creation and a non-MAL/updatings signature;
4. Your entry needs to have the minimum requirements to be considered a gfx signature. This goes for: brushes, contrast, patterns, textures, c4d's, effects...;
5. You can't change your entry after it has been posted;
6. Use the posting format;
7. Any entry submitted after the deadline will not be counted for the nominations/voting round;
8. Keep the entries Anonymous! Or you'll be disqualified! This goes for typing your name into your entry or post your entry into your profile, for example.



Theme: CHOSEN RENDER
It's a very simple theme.. you must use this render in your entry, everything else is up to you.~

Posting Format:
- Signature: [ Your entry ]
- Dimension: [ Dimension of your entry ]
- Some words: [ Optional! You can say anything you want related to your entry ]
- Original Image: [ If used more images ]



CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR ENTRY!!!

& Read the Rules and Posting Format Before Posting Please!!!






:: Deadline - 10th of April 2012 at 23:00 GMT ::
Modified by tsumu, Apr 10, 2012 3:23 PM
 
#2
Apr 1, 2012 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
When did your change name lol
 
#3
Apr 1, 2012 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424
Starting April 1st.. too bad I didn't end up with sailorRen or something.
 
#4
Apr 1, 2012 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2065
This theme is indeed quite simple, but... I don't have ideas.
sailorRen sounds nice o^o
 
#5
Apr 1, 2012 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
sailorRen would have been 9001 times better imo, no offense

The render is not an easy one btw, lot of things going on, lots of colors, very wide, odd perspective
 
#6
Apr 1, 2012 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 65246
Sounds fun.
 
#7
Apr 1, 2012 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424
Kvakond said:
sailorRen would have been 9001 times better imo, no offense

The render is not an easy one btw, lot of things going on, lots of colors, very wide, odd perspective
It's still not 9999 times better lmao.

That's why people should use their skills, yes? But I still do hope to see awesome entries.
 
#8
Apr 1, 2012 7:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 935
>.>

Well... experience new things. I'm in :P

 
#9
Apr 1, 2012 9:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 915
^ Lol

This render is perfect for wallpapers, but for a signature.. OTL Challenge accepted. (?・・)σ

Oho, 600 x 140 now is the max? Did I just notice this now or has it been there all along? XD
 
Apr 2, 2012 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
Sentress said:
Oho, 600 x 140 now is the max? Did I just notice this now or has it been there all along? XD
I believe that has been like that since forever
 
Apr 2, 2012 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424
Sentress said:
This render is perfect for wallpapers, but for a signature.. OTL Challenge accepted. (?・・)σ

Oho, 600 x 140 now is the max? Did I just notice this now or has it been there all along? XD
ORLY!?

600 x 140px always been max dimensions for normal GFX challenges.
 
Apr 2, 2012 6:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 915
Kvakond said:
I believe that has been like that since forever


I can't believe I noticed it just now. =/ I thought its always been 500 x 140. Geezus.

Rennen said:
ORLY!?

600 x 140px always been max dimensions for normal GFX challenges.


I was trying to convince myself that I can make a sig out of that render. ^^; Sorry if I offended you or anything. Oh and thanks for the sample, it actually gave me an idea how to fit the render.

I will keep that in mind.
 
Apr 2, 2012 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 433
The render is kind of hard to work with... But this will be fun!
 
Apr 2, 2012 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 371
Nice theme, I like it. ;)
 
Apr 6, 2012 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 557
I guess I should be serious in this month′s challenge O 3 O
 
Apr 7, 2012 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
I think I'm sitting this one out after all, I'm not in the mood.
 
Apr 7, 2012 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1936
Kvakond said:
I think I'm sitting this one out after all, I'm not in the mood.


:|
 
Apr 9, 2012 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 913
Rennen said:
Sentress said:
This render is perfect for wallpapers, but for a signature.. OTL Challenge accepted. (?・・)σ

Oho, 600 x 140 now is the max? Did I just notice this now or has it been there all along? XD
ORLY!?

600 x 140px always been max dimensions for normal GFX challenges.


The render and that sig looks kind of familiar rofl.
 
Apr 9, 2012 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424
Well actually yourthat signature (render) inspired me, so I decided to make it into theme. \o/
 
Apr 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
Hey SixFlags, long time no see
 
Apr 10, 2012 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 913
Indeed :)

Great to see you're still making GFX Signatures!
 
Apr 10, 2012 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3424
[ CLOSED! ]
 
Top