Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 25 Discussion

Mar 29, 2014 3:26 AM

Haha, the end where Killua was showing Gon how far apart he and Hisoka are when it comes to strength actually made me laugh a little, it was adorable... anime rarely makes me laugh.

Apr 30, 2014 8:40 AM

after reading some of the comment looks like the boring stuff ends here

Apr 30, 2014 10:13 AM

Personally I thik you ain't gonna like it, if you didn't like anything till now... Your preference is just different, but give it a try anyways I might be wrong...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

May 1, 2014 12:20 PM

i already got this far, id give it another 25 eps before i decide to drop or continue, if it keeps up like its been so far ill stop

May 11, 2014 3:32 AM

lmao at kullia showing how much of a distance is between him and hisoka. I really love the contrast between these two characters and there bonds only strengthen as the series progresses.

and thus ends this short arc and now we move onto some of the bigger moments in the story.

The moment with the butlers and the coin game was really nicely animated. I almost could make out the coin during those fast hand movements. Anyways the point to this test was to show gon that not everyone plays fair, there are many people out there that will try and use every trick they can to deceive you. Gon has to open his eyes and make that realization. The world is not fair game.

This episode has alot of foreshadowing into future story threads later on in the series. The secret that hisoka told kurapica has at last been revealed and thats bout the spider group or the phantom troupe and that he will meet him at yorkshin city, which btw is a major story arc in the series. We first hear bout the auction witch is a critical element in the story later on.

Only thing that was removed from this episode was when gon proclaimed that he is going to contact kaito but since he hasn't been introduced in the series yet they had to remove that.

Also everyone went there separate ways besides gon and killua and we are now heading into the next arc, the heavens arena. Were gon and killua are going to try and learn how to get stronger and this is when we see strong developing and growth between these two characters. This arc was heavily butchered in the old anime series. so I am really excited for this next arc coming up, finally the good stuff :D

Modified by link9us, May 11, 2014 3:49 AM

May 11, 2014 4:21 PM

link9us said:
Also everyone went there separate ways besides gon and killua and we are now heading into the next arc, the heavens arena. Were gon and killua are going to try and learn how to get stronger and this is when we see strong developing and growth between these two characters. This arc was heavily butchered in the old anime series. so I am really excited for this next arc coming up, finally the good stuff :D
Heavily butchered arc, yet more people somehow appreciated it back then. :/

May 14, 2014 4:03 PM

The kids are back together \\♥♥♥♥♥//

I def. like the butlers, Gotou and especially Canary. Some of my favorite side-characters yet shown.

Jun 20, 2014 7:30 PM

Gotoh was so not joking until Killua walked in the room. >.>;

He did seem to be trying to help with the point about deception, though.

The part with Hisoka compared to Gon was hilarious. I find it interesting that Killua admitted to being weaker than Hanzo. The split up seemed pretty realistic, so I guess it'll just be Gon and Kil for awhile. Hopefully we'll get to see Gon use his fishing rod in a battle. (I mean, seriously, who uses a fishing rod as a weapon? It seems pretty awesome to me.)

I didn't mention it before, but you really have it made in the HxH-verse if you have a Hunter's License. You can go nearly anywhere and do whatever you want, pretty much. I also find it interesting that email and the internet exists. I haven't seen that in a custom-built world before.

Cool conclusion to the arc. I wonder what Heaven's Arena will be like.

Jun 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Great episode.
Finally Killua is back, thought it would take a lot longer.
Can't wait to see Gon grow stronger

Jul 8, 2014 10:59 AM

Epic coins are epic.

Smart play at the end. Butler is pretty badass.

Oct 3, 2014 9:10 PM

For a family of assassins, they act so... un-assassin-like...

Oct 13, 2014 3:41 PM

I retrospect, I feel that Killua's arc was a lil rushed. I mean it was (or seemed to be) a lot easier for Gon and le gang to rescue Killua-hime from the mansion, and tbh it was so anticlimactic when Gon and Killua were reunited. All in part of Killua's little tantrum, I guess. We can assume that Illumi really did have the power to manipulate him to kill Bodoro, and so Killua left because he felt he couldn't face his friends/Gon after committing murder.*sigh* it's a tough world.

But well, I love Killua, so I didn't particularly mind the rushiness. Killua and Gon's friendship is too precious ;_;

Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM

DarknessOfEmo said:
Anime_Name said:

Yep. It looked like this section of the story and the coin game was a particular favorite in Japan as this part of the story spawned a live action musical.

this

I never knew this, what is the name of said musical?

Nov 22, 2014 3:43 PM

The coin game was so fun to watch! Glad that Killua and Gon are reunited, but I'm a bit sad Kurapika and Leorio have left for now. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes now that the exam part is over.

Dec 19, 2014 6:22 PM

Wouhou, Killua is back on the run bitches! :D
Kinda surprise me that Killua consider Hanzo stronger than him, but it's true that in his fight against Gon, he was really fucking strong. And precise, to break Gon arm while making it stronger.

That Gonto really mocked Gon, it was hilarious xD
But I was a bit stressed for a moment... I mean, that girl life was on the line.

I was wondering why Gon wouldn't use is Hunter license, I had totally forgotten about Hisoka pity gift.

Kinda makes me sad to see Leorio and Kurapika go on their own path, but they have their own goal after all. But hey, they'll all reunite at that Yorkshin auction! Also, another training arc, seriously?! Don't know how I feel about that.

To add to that, from the preview, it seem like next episode will be a recap one. If that's the case, I'll not bother watching it. Already that I dislike recap like hell, in a marathon...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Dec 31, 2014 5:55 PM

Does anyone know how/speculate on how Hisoka knew that Kurapika wanted to fight the Spider. Kurpakia revealed at 17:24 that he never told Hisoka. Hmmmm

Mar 17, 2015 3:03 AM

Another arc finished! Glad that Killua is back so fast, didn't like the Zoldyck Family arc too much. This new arc though? Heaven's Arena? Tournament arcs fuck yeah, count me in.

Mar 21, 2015 5:10 PM

Yorknew city? Just new york backwards. Off they split

Jun 23, 2015 12:24 AM
Kurapika best girl~~

Jul 21, 2015 1:53 AM

Nooo, Kurapika and Liorio! D:

Jul 30, 2015 2:17 AM

Killua and Gon adventure will be amazing

Sep 2, 2015 11:50 AM

rebelakuma said:

That cat face! Killua is so cute.. i wanna bite him!

.....bite? :o

ThatAnonymousCat said:
Kurapika best girl~~

pika is 1000% boy.
------
gon, there you are sacrificing yourself again! that eye trick worked, but it surely hurt!

still trying to get over that killua isn't that brooding bro most would make him out to be.

when killua left i expected there to be a scene of gotoh and the classic manly cry scene: "KEEEEELUUUUUUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but it didn't happen. i'm actually surprised.

aw shoot, pika and leo have to go! well ok then. see you guys later!

and wow killua was lying when he did the comparison of himself and hisoka! was that over-confidence or just telling the truth?

love this show. always keeping me interested!

Nov 7, 2015 10:25 AM

Aw that endslate <3

Jan 7, 2016 3:21 AM

wonder what'll happen next.

May 2, 2016 9:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

That was a short and interesting arc. That coin game was really fun, but Killua's family's a freak show.

4/5

Aug 12, 2016 3:45 AM

Yay Killua! Let's move on to some more fun stuff now. Really can't wait for Kurapika to meet back up with Hisoka.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Oct 8, 2016 4:29 PM

I want to see Gotoh vs Trunks.

lol at the distance between Hisoka and Gon's strength.

Hello, Megane-chan.
Modified by Rob, Oct 8, 2016 4:46 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Oct 23, 2016 12:47 AM

Killua is back, yey ..

Oct 23, 2016 3:57 PM

The conclusion to the Hunter Exam and Zoldyck Arcs. It finally feels like the show can begin now after 25 episodes LOL. I love it!

Dec 9, 2016 12:19 PM
While the coin game is entertaining I find it to be pointless and it reeks of artificial suspense with the whole "only kidding, we were just wasting your time for no reason" part, I actually assumed it was filler when I watched the 1999 version. Pretty weird that the butlers get hyped up but all that Gotoh does is stall them and trick them for a while and then that's it (assuming they don't show up again later)

I liked the detail of his hands making a sizzling noise and letting off steam though.

Also when Gon cuts his eye the camera stays on him and shows blood spurt out (iirc in the 1999 one they actually moved the camera to not properly show it) so that gives me hope that the rest of this series won't have so much censorship.

Jun 5, 2017 6:00 AM

This arc was over faster than I thought it would.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 31, 2017 11:30 PM

the day im getting to this episode o_o

Nov 25, 2017 2:33 AM

Yeyyyy~ The Heaven's Arena is gonna be a fun one :}

Killua neko face <3

Gotoh was NOT just humoring them with a game, lol... Dangerous man .___.
I always love how insightful Kurapika is. Sososo smart *applauds*

And Canary's slight hidden smile was sweet ^-^

Dec 14, 2017 3:49 PM

So the Zoldyck family arc has ended... This arc is WAAAY better in this version!
Also, the next arc, the heaven's arena arc is beginning! I can't wait to see the improvements made to my favorite arc from HxH 1999!!!

Time for Gon and Killua to learn some 'S K I L L S'
OwO

Mar 19, 2018 1:23 AM
Gotoh and Canary caring about Killua is so genuine to see. Especially that smile Canary gives as they leave. Unfortunate to see Kurapika and Leorio leave for now, but definitely excited to see Killua and Gon start training for September 1st. From the comments, it seems like the Heavens Arena arc is going to be a good one!

And how could you not at least smile at Gon and Killua comparing strength levels at the end?
"Yep... I'm so humble."

May 20, 2018 5:01 PM

Rewatching

Probably my least favorite arc of the entire show,but still fine.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Aug 13, 2018 11:45 PM

Killua has been reunited and new journey begins…. This just keeps on getting more and more interesting …. I guess we will see a time skip of six months

Sep 27, 2018 5:23 PM

"The lady's son is leaving and her heart is broken." Good. Trifling ho bitch.

I'm not sure what that coin game was supposed to prove. "Alright, y'all are tricky enough to be worthy of Killua's presence." At least the one guy and Canary turned out to be decent people in the end.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Dec 24, 2018 7:09 PM

Damn that arc wrapped up and lead into the Heavens Arena arc quite fast if you ask me! Let's see what's next.

Dec 31, 2018 3:21 AM
Great episode, can't wait to see Gon grow stronger

Oct 3, 1:37 AM

Gotoh's Find the Coin game was entertaining as hell, especially with that last round where all his fellow butlers joined in the game! It's great that they left the Zoldyck Estate on a good note.

Their next destination as a team is at the New York City York Shin City Auction and thinking about all the crooks and artefacts that'll show up in there is so exciting. Fighting in an arena to train and get money definitely sounds like a practical solution.

Dec 2, 3:17 PM

I guess we're off to the next arc, this was such a sweet conclusion to this arc, with everyone saying their goodbyes in goodwills and Killia finally joining his friends back.
Killiua's family's butlers and staff are way more lovable than his family.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]