Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 25 Discussion

Mar 31, 2012 9:10 PM
Spoony Bard

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love Killua way too much!!! Seeing him with everyone made me so crazily happy :)

I'm pretty sad Kurapika and Leorio left, but it's a nice change in pace and I'm really looking forward to the next episode even though it looks like a small flashback. It's fine with me because I like that small gap between the ending of one arc and the starting of another. It allows a nice time of reflection :)

But really, even though this episode didn't have much content, I enjoyed it immensely. I just love how refreshing Hunter x Hunter is to watch. I feel so happy watching it, it's crazy.

And I'm so excited for Gon and Killua! They're gonna train so hard and I know that Gon'll be able to punch Hisoka in the face ^-^ And Killua's gonna be even more crazy :P I'd love to see a huge fight btwn them in the upcoming arc. That would be epic even though Killua would probably own Gon ;P

Killua's family is way too dark. I'm glad we're moving away from that for a bit. I enjoy Killua by himself. His sarcastic attitude but pleasant demeanor makes him a really interesting character. Kind of like Sasuke without all the emo-ness :) I'm definitely gonna find a spot for him on my favorites later on.

As for Canary, I definitely see her getting tortured/dying in the near future. Maybe they'll show it, but the show is really changing its focus from the Zoldyck family so idk. She seemed resigned and accepting of it though so that's good. It's really beautiful how she gave up herself for Killua's happiness. I just love characters like her :) I hope she and Killua will meet again someday. I was so sad though when Killua didn't even look at her when he walked past. Kinda sad how he doesn't acknowledge her sacrifice. (he probably doesn't know, but even if he did he prob. wouldn't care) That's just his personality though :/

I'm looking forward to the next arc. I love training arcs. Some people hate them, but I find them such a wonderful time of growth for the characters. It's also very reflective and a good change of pace (especially since most of the series so far has been driving forward). And I can't wait to see more Gon x Killua bonding.

Oh, and I just tried to do that magic trick.... Didn't work out too well ^-^"" The coins kept falling. I will do it though! Gotoh totally loves Killua though :) He's such an amazing butler-- I love him. I hope we'll see him in the next Zoldyck family arc. Erm, I think that his threats were real though. They just had to be dropped because Killua was there (I would have totally loved to see Killua kill everyone for Gon and co. though!). I'm sure that if they died, Killua would just keep waiting forever! D; I was like so anxious when he came out of his room. I'm was all "GO DOWNSTAIRS!!! SAVE GON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDDDD;" <3

5/5 - Not much happened, but it was so refreshing and a great change of pace. I'm looking forward to the next training arc.
----Next episode will prob. be a flashback. I'm disappointed, but the gap will be nice. :)
Modified by Ardanaz, Jun 5, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 31, 2012 9:34 PM

Great episode. We're finally done with Hunter exam and Zoldyck arc. Now this is where Hunter x Hunter truly! starts to shine. Heavens Arena and Yorknew are two of the best! arcs in the series. :)

5/5

Mar 31, 2012 9:35 PM

heh. yet another great episode i like the changes by now ,but i still think the overalll mood of this is too happy ,and isn.t it yorkSHIN not what ever yorkKNEW or whatever they put?

Mar 31, 2012 9:53 PM
So... The next episode, is it a filler, like episode 13? (More a recap than a filler)

Mar 31, 2012 10:19 PM

Avato-chan said:
heh. yet another great episode i like the changes by now ,but i still think the overalll mood of this is too happy ,and isn.t it yorkSHIN not what ever yorkKNEW or whatever they put?

I'm pretty sure 'shin' is the japanese word for 'new'.

Mar 31, 2012 10:45 PM

dashiawia said:
Avato-chan said:

I'm pretty sure 'shin' is the japanese word for 'new'.

if anyone didn't get the new york from that..they haven't been watching enough anime.

also the fun part is about to start.

Mar 31, 2012 10:56 PM

Oh yeah, heaven's arena! I love this one!

So next episode is recap I suppose.

Mar 31, 2012 11:23 PM

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCK YES MY FAVORITE ARC (well, tied for favorite) IS ABOUT TO START.

Apr 1, 2012 12:21 AM
Great episode, didn't expect it to go so fast though(Zoldyck family arc/Rescue Killua). Can't wait to see Gon and Killua train and especially for one of my favorite, if not favorite, arc: York Shin. Looking forward to it!

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"

Apr 1, 2012 12:53 AM

Avato-chan said:

I'm laughing so much I'm dying.

Someone cannot into Japanese.

Apr 1, 2012 3:21 AM

Let's hope to god they won't completely remove that one epic fight, and un-cripple the crippled like the original

Apr 1, 2012 3:34 AM

Now I wanna read the Manga. I want more and I can't wait 1 week >.< Heaven's Arena sounds great :S

Apr 1, 2012 3:51 AM

-MgZ_ said:
Now I wanna read the Manga. I want more and I can't wait 1 week >.< Heaven's Arena sounds great :S

2 weeks* this time.

Apr 1, 2012 3:53 AM
-MgZ_ said:

why the manga ? there's a 1999 vesion, it goes through Heavens arena arc, Yorkshin arc, and Greed Island arc, not to mention that Greed Island arc is made as OVAs in 2003 and 2004, so a little bit lively atmosphere and fresh colors, but Greed Island arc ends with a BIG cliffhanger, and unfortunately there are no episodes after it, just the manga, and at that point the drawings in the manga were at its worst, so I suggest you wait these 2 weeks, better than waiting months

wow Blood! looks like they won't censor much from now on ? sounds interesting..
next episode: recaps, and no new opening nor ending
Modified by Kumqa, Apr 1, 2012 3:58 AM

Apr 1, 2012 4:53 AM

Now i wanna see York Shin arc if they censor this arc.HxH 2011 will be going to hell

Apr 1, 2012 5:10 AM

Candor said:
-MgZ_ said:

why the manga ? there's a 1999 vesion, it goes through Heavens arena arc, Yorkshin arc, and Greed Island arc, not to mention that Greed Island arc is made as OVAs in 2003 and 2004, so a little bit lively atmosphere and fresh colors, but Greed Island arc ends with a BIG cliffhanger, and unfortunately there are no episodes after it, just the manga, and at that point the drawings in the manga were at its worst, so I suggest you wait these 2 weeks, better than waiting months
So?
The manga is still the original source. It's more complete and direct than the 1999 version. Plus it's still faster to read a manga chapter than to watch so many episodes.
The art might be a problem but it's not a hindrance.
Not that I'm dissing the first version but to forego the source material and suggest the first adaptation to know the next things to happen? You've got it backwards.

Apr 1, 2012 5:25 AM

NO! Not another recap >.<' But I can't wait for Heaven's Arena! :3

Apr 1, 2012 5:29 AM

belatkuro said:
Candor said:
-MgZ_ said:

So?
The manga is still the original source. It's more complete and direct than the 1999 version. Plus it's still faster to read a manga chapter than to watch so many episodes.
Not that I'm dissing the first version but to forego the source material and suggest the first adaptation to know the next things to happen? You've got it backwards.

Well if someone prefers video to pictures and music as well as voices and colors then the 1999 is for them, no?

This is how it went for me: 1999 anime: Start to Greed Island; Manga: Chimera ants onward. So I'd suggest the 1999 first till they catch up if they can't wait for the new anime

Apr 1, 2012 6:01 AM

great episode. the butlers are so militant in this version. it only dawns on me now that most abilities in hxh are based off of a real-world game or trick, haha.

the animation in this episode was so good. i felt like i was watching a ghibli movie. this anime is the exact same experience as reading the manga is--it's uncanny. i love it. and the dialogue in this series is even better. gon and killua together is a dynamite combination. they talk like they're so much older than they actually are, lol.

Apr 1, 2012 6:11 AM
Kanaria's ebi fry hair style look so tasty 0.0

Goto can actually make Gon fail during the test if he cheat, but he didn't.He is a nice guy after all.

I wonder who is Sukatoro.Many people mention about this in other forum ...
Modified by MorningGlory, Apr 1, 2012 6:27 AM

Apr 1, 2012 7:03 AM
belatkuro said:
Candor said:
-MgZ_ said:

So?

here is a picture of the last chapter of Greed Island arc, that's what I meant by the manga was at its worst, the mangaka's drawing too bad, was sick or something, I heard that he's redrew them but til now I haven't seen the new version(searched for it, found remake for chapter 190 i guess, not sure if a remake for this chapter exists)

and it continues for like 10 chapters (more or less), I had bad time reading those chapters, well it gets better after those chapters, but the cliffhanger's chapter is drawn too bad.. so the anime is way too better for these chapters, well for the whole manga considering the drawings as a whole are not that good

Edit: Speaking about faster, Hunter x hunter is one of the Mangas that takes some time to read a chapter, too much writing, not much drawings, not every chapter though, but seeing a chapter with not much writings is rare, seen it one time, and that chapter didn't contain any writings at all.
Modified by Kumqa, Apr 1, 2012 7:26 AM

Apr 1, 2012 7:27 AM

But they call it "Yorkshin", so it should be translated as such, because they still say York. Besides, "Yorknew" looks kind of weird.

Great episode. Seeing Killua back was great and I enjoyed the coin game.

I love how Killua doesn't really care about people other than Gon. XD

"I'm just an afterthought? -_-" - Kurapika

I don't care that the manga has crappy drawings. The mangaka doesn't have any assistants or anything, so I'll deal with it. As long as the story is good.

Heaven's Arena! And then the Yorkshin arc! Ahh, my two favorites coming up. I'm excited, but silly recap next episode. :(

Apr 1, 2012 9:35 AM

MM-Rosiie said:
But they call it "Yorkshin", so it should be translated as such, because they still say York. Besides, "Yorknew" looks kind of weird.

Great episode. Seeing Killua back was great and I enjoyed the coin game.

I love how Killua doesn't really care about people other than Gon. XD

"I'm just an afterthought? -_-" - Kurapika

I don't care that the manga has crappy drawings. The mangaka doesn't have any assistants or anything, so I'll deal with it. As long as the story is good.

Heaven's Arena! And then the Yorkshin arc! Ahh, my two favorites coming up. I'm excited, but silly recap next episode. :(

Then why do you keep calling it "Heavens Arena" instead of its Japanese name? ;)

Yorkshin=Yorknew in English, fansuns are the only places where they'd call it Yorkshin in English

Apr 1, 2012 11:23 AM

Man these recaps make the show lag.. lol But i can't wait to see the intereactions between Gon and Killua in the next arc. This is when they both shine as characters, i wonder if they're gonna add filer fights.

Apr 1, 2012 11:38 AM

noonealive said:
Man these recaps make the show lag.. lol But i can't wait to see the intereactions between Gon and Killua in the next arc. This is when they both shine as characters, i wonder if they're gonna add filer fights.

Killua vs Dorado :) That was a great filler fight, and it didn't take more than a minute :P

I think all shows are getting filler/recap next episode dafuq?

Apr 1, 2012 1:26 PM

Killua is so precious, I'm so happy he and Gon are reunited now.

Apr 1, 2012 8:27 PM

What sense did that change make? It's not like it would influence the plot, like that stupid backstory-change last time, but I still think it was unnecessary. Ah well, whatever. The episode was watchable.

I'm so hyped for yet ANOTHER recap. Woooh! ...not.

Apr 1, 2012 9:19 PM

Omg i just love Gon and Killua together <3 They're just to damn adorablu!!! When they reunited, omg it was just too much for me to handle.

And now a recap, dafuq I say. I WANNA SEE THE NEXT ARC.

Apr 2, 2012 1:29 AM
Kind of a minor detail, but I enjoyed this.

Don't like some of the other things they changed here, but otherwise it was a solid episode. The addition at the beginning was nice.

Apr 2, 2012 5:45 AM

Another recap next week =.=".. sigh
Good episode, can't wait for heavens arena and Yorkshin !! yea.

Apr 2, 2012 10:51 AM

obuymz said:
http://img07.arabsh.com/uploads/image/2012/04/01/073e424361f5.gif

Ouch!

Can't wait for the new arc! I enjoy Heavens Arena in the 1999 version.

Apr 2, 2012 10:53 AM

Lol'd at Killua drawing the distance between Hisoka and Gon. "I'm being generous!"

Apr 2, 2012 5:23 PM

o.O Does the buttler have a crush on Kil's demented mother?
Heaven's Arena... some kind of gladiator tournament perhaps?
Needless to say that when Gon punches Hisoka he'll judge him worthy of killing :S

Apr 3, 2012 2:33 PM

The two best arcs of HunterXHunter are about to start.

Apr 4, 2012 8:14 AM

Two weeks?? u.u

Apr 8, 2012 1:53 AM

MM-Rosiie said:

It's a really blatant and OBVIOUS reference to New York. I don't normally agree with translating names, but when it's that obvious a reference?

Any fansub group that actually calls it "Yorkshin" auto-fails.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.

Apr 11, 2012 2:41 PM

Great episode. First time actually being excited for this show. Although training arc's are overused I still love them.

Apr 29, 2012 6:23 AM

Awwww don't give me a recap next. ono

Glad Killua's back in the picture again, though the fast pacing meant that it didn't feel nearly as long as in the original. (I was suffering Killua withdrawal LOL *facedesk*) Looking forward to the next arc :o and hoping for some beautiful uncensored fights. Lets not repeat episode eleven.

May 22, 2012 9:29 AM

The coin game is easily my favourite part of the whole "rescue Killua" arc.

Jul 15, 2012 8:03 AM

I'm glad this went faster than in the first anime. This arc was probably the least interesting in the original, so I'm glad they focused on the key points of the arc and added to the creepiness of the family. Looking forward to Heaven's Arena, particularly for one of the most epic fights in anime:

"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 15, 2012 9:51 AM

Zell182 said:

Yep. It looked like this section of the story and the coin game was a particular favorite in Japan as this part of the story spawned a live action musical.

Sep 10, 2012 10:29 AM

Love seeing Gon and Killua reunite. Such a beautiful friendship. I've said it before, it's one of the best things about this series.

NJZanDatsu said:
Great episode. We're finally done with Hunter exam and Zoldyck arc. Now this is where Hunter x Hunter truly! starts to shine. Heavens Arena and Yorknew are two of the best! arcs in the series. :)

5/5

Icebreaker93 said:
Now i wanna see York Shin arc if they censor this arc.HxH 2011 will be going to hell

:)

Jun 2, 2013 10:35 PM

That cat face! Killua is so cute.. i wanna bite him!

Jun 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Nice episode. I'm starting to like Gotoh for the first time :)

Jun 14, 2013 1:01 PM

Avato-chan said:

yorkshin means yorknew.

Jul 23, 2013 4:48 PM
Uh pretty good episode.
Man, I can't wait to the New York arc, it looks like it will be very fantastic especially the Phantom Trope I about to see.
5/5

Jul 23, 2013 4:48 PM
Anime_Name said:
Zell182 said:

Yep. It looked like this section of the story and the coin game was a particular favorite in Japan as this part of the story spawned a live action musical.

this

Aug 21, 2013 5:25 AM

haha yorknew I saw what they did there
anyway the good arcs are coming now

Dec 10, 2013 11:37 PM

ahh there was so much i liked even though not much happened

i liked that kura and leo split, because yes, they have their own lives and the world still has to move on
i loved how realistic killua laid out the power differences between them, cause yeah, all gon has is his killer fishing rod
im excited for killua&gon adventures because theyre my fav duo

Dec 31, 2013 9:26 PM

well Gotoh-san doesn't seem to be a bad person... but not feeling any emotional attachment to employers?? thats BS.. I bet hes screwing Killiua's Mom when no one else is around.

Yorknew......

Heavens Arena... hmm finally.. fights!!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »