Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pre-air again that I caught. That was some kick ass matrix meets that movie where the guy goes between the cartoon world and the real world. Haruyuki is so realistic to me. I used to look like him and I was a little taller but still THAT FACE! So like me, hence I associate myself a lot with him from the start. A excellent motivator in seeing this series IMO.

I love so much Kuroyukihime "Black Snow Princess, Snow Black, Black King, Black Lotus" and what a long name. You can still I got some RAGE when she got bleeding due to the big loaf of shit that hit Haruyuki. It’s too bad he did not get GAR power to avoid that accident. Seeing just a one bleeding on her, really shows that I like her beauty not to be damaged at all of bruises of bleeding.

While Chiyuri Kurashima aka "Chiyu" has a young girl with a knack for cats and fashion of clothing containing them, is actually a MOE type of character. However someone needs to FALCON PUNCH Haruyuki for ruining that food she made for him. I can understand his character complex and inferiority complex but you damn never do to throw away and ruin food a girl makes you in a basket, takes the effort to do it and the end of those actions always make her sad along with crying. For me it’s a fat NO. That was horrible as a scene. Poor Chiyu there.

I can list a few elements of nice value to me as follows:

-Beauty and the Beast is for sure in this. I mean Fairy meets Pig in a virtual world seem to me a good suggestion in opposites of beauty between Haruyuki and Kuroyukihime.

-Concepts of Brain Burst and Burst Link are interesting considering the possibilities are endless except that you can’t move around the objects. It’s like a time freeze. That’s too bad cause it would have been more insane if you could.

-Concept at the end of the Arena is nice. For one Silver Crow looks kick ass mecha nice/or super suit. While the Mr. Ghost Rider looks cool! Although that’s cause I like Ghost Rider characters like. It also promises some nice action and struggle. I do wish to know WTF happens if you lose a fight like that.

-Concept of bullying and dealing with it. Always a good thing to learn whether you are a student or a parent seeing anime at your age. I say it’s nice. It certainly shows how depressed characters get after being abused like that.

-Setting in the future along with class uniform are nice. I like the buildings and in general landscape. It also gives me a Index feel but just the environment.

In conclusion if you like Matrix/Cyber stuff mixed with reality, MOE/Cute girls and the MC male due to its looks as not many characters are done like him then you should go for this. I suggest due to its length to do a 6 to 12 episode try out. To see if it appeals to you. There is some ecchi but I doubt it will be a lot. So far it’s not.
Yumekichi11Mar 31, 2012 3:02 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 31, 2012 9:03 PM
Apr 2011
on MAL it says it already airing but ive been unable to find subs or even raws of episode 1. i thought the spring season didnt start till like april 5 or something?
Mar 31, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
Said pre-air so I'm assuming the TS saw it somewhere it didn't air via online/computer. Convention maybe?
Mar 31, 2012 9:21 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Said pre-air so I'm assuming the TS saw it somewhere it didn't air via online/computer. Convention maybe?
No it did air online. I think it's web based only since the dates are ON AIR officials ones and you can't go t x TV company demand to air stuff now. So unless there is a 720p, nope! Web based only you all. For most shows it's like that in the pre-air.

Mar 31, 2012 11:35 PM

Dec 2008
It looks quite beautiful. Better than I imagined. Then again, this is coming from someone that enjoyed the manga and light novel.
Mar 31, 2012 11:39 PM
Jun 2008
Knowing that SAO is an epic novel , hopefully Accel world will do so the same ^.^
but the MC is kinda short and fat... kinda cute if it is a girl lol

Kuroyukihime's antenna make her look like a cockroach
MorningGloryApr 1, 2012 12:34 AM
Apr 1, 2012 1:36 AM

Dec 2011
This has already started?
Apr 1, 2012 1:40 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Actually, it pre-aired 2 eps., not 1 ep.
Saw it here
I just saw episode 2. I can confirm with my writing of it. No pic, quality is still horrid. Re-watch I shall in 720p.

Apr 1, 2012 2:07 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting. It's like .hack with the whole body can go into the world of "game"? Poor main guy, who is a pig in that world.

Adding the power "Burst", he becomes stronger?

Ironness at the end?

tsubasaloverApr 6, 2012 2:00 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 1, 2012 4:21 AM

Oct 2010
Oh God that anime is so awesome. It had so much freshness in it and so many
(at least for me) never seen compilation before. Like the fat but awesome main char, or a fighting game with so many beat em ups references.
Totally like it, I hope the serie will stay at that level.
Apr 1, 2012 4:21 AM
Apr 2011
Shit's fuckin' good.
This Yuki Kaji is getting a lot of voices recently.
Apr 1, 2012 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Liking this one already. Hope for a good sub group to pick it up.
Apr 1, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2011
Could have been much worse, hoping for the female to have ulterior motives. I'd prefer for her to use the guy, rather than aid him in an act of benevolence.
mdzApr 6, 2012 11:32 PM
Apr 1, 2012 3:49 PM

Jun 2011
I have been waiting for this after I read Sword Art Online (LN)

This first episode was awesome

Nice animations and character designs

Might need to read the Light Novel in the future for the settings. The subtitle flashed by too fast

Chubby character turns to a piggy in VRMMO o.O

I thought he would make his character looks cool in VR, but whatever =P

By the way, who was the one that beat his high score?

Off to the second episode~
ShihApr 1, 2012 3:59 PM
Apr 1, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
Deardrops said:
The ecchi is probably why i'm going to watch it.
I check the LN just to be sure. There are not much so it might be your lucky series where they do make the ecchi better. On average I will tell you that they are for the most shower or accidental kind of like Index. WOW! Setting like index in the future and now ecchi kind of like that series but also GC too.

Apr 2, 2012 3:45 AM

Dec 2011
Damn, I don't understand Japanese, just few words here and then... I just started learning T.T

Waiting for subs..
Apr 2, 2012 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
akutasame94 said:
Waiting for subs..
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 2, 2012 11:42 AM

Jul 2009
Shih said:

Might need to read the Light Novel in the future for the settings. The subtitle flashed by too fast

Apr 2, 2012 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
Manga is only up to nine chapters as far as translations go.
Anime will make way more progress, so pretty excited about this one but I do not like Haru's voice (Guilty Crown Shu, the show was bad and his damn voice reminds me of it) and Haru is one hell of an idiot, he already annoyed me again and he will stay an idiot in later scenes.
Apr 2, 2012 1:20 PM
Jan 2011
Whoa, isn't the meeting a bit similar to HSDxD, you know loser boy meeting hot cool babe?

Except of course it is in an Matrix like theme.
Apr 2, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode... I am caught up in it already...

I have to agree with Yumekichi on:

"However someone needs to FALCON PUNCH Haruyuki for ruining that food she made for him. I can understand his character complex and inferiority complex but you damn never do to throw away and ruin food a girl makes you in a basket, takes the effort to do it and the end of those actions always make her sad along with crying. For me it’s a fat NO. That was horrible as a scene. Poor Chiyu there. "

Yes, and yes. Still Haruyuki is awesome MC, at least for me. Typical looser that will grow into who knows what... I didn't notice Ecchi and I wonder what is the name of the girl with black hair? *looking at Yumekichi*
Apr 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Oct 2010
akutasame94 said:
Yes, and yes. Still Haruyuki is awesome MC, at least for me. Typical looser that will grow into who knows what... I didn't notice Ecchi and I wonder what is the name of the girl with black hair? *looking at Yumekichi*
It's her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/46305/Kuroyukihime
she just has a different persona in the Virtual World.

Apr 2, 2012 1:47 PM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
akutasame94 said:
It's her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/46305/Kuroyukihime
she just has a different persona in the Virtual World.

I found her...

Anyway thank you...

Cute she is...
Apr 2, 2012 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
wtf i understand the main character having to be weak and stuff but why does he have to be a pig and look like a retarded muffin in real life TT. atleast let him look ok in one of the worlds lol
Apr 2, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
greedSC said:
wtf i understand the main character having to be weak and stuff but why does he have to be a pig and look like a retarded muffin in real life TT. atleast let him look ok in one of the worlds lol

That's the point. That makes him unique and refreshing...
Apr 2, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome, finally this show started, been waiting for it for a while. :)

The main character is so cute, yet soooo pathetic! xD I facepalmed so hard when he smashed the basket with the sandwhiches to the wall, and didn't even apologize. Sooo wrong, yet the girl somehow understands how bad he feels. It was interesting.
Apr 2, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
This series feels so... unique. So far nothing to hate. Love the character designs other than the Main Characters. I don't hate him or anything though, his design is just way to different from everyone elses.

Onto the 2nd half.
Apr 2, 2012 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Great first 2 episodes so far and turn the volume all THE WAY UP when watching this. It's a lot better. Anyways, I'm enjoying this.
Apr 2, 2012 2:52 PM

May 2010
akutasame94 said:
Awesome episode... I am caught up in it already...

I have to agree with Yumekichi on:

"However someone needs to FALCON PUNCH Haruyuki for ruining that food she made for him. I can understand his character complex and inferiority complex but you damn never do to throw away and ruin food a girl makes you in a basket, takes the effort to do it and the end of those actions always make her sad along with crying. For me it’s a fat NO. That was horrible as a scene. Poor Chiyu there. "

One question.

Chiyu's description says she's Taku's BF. Yet still attached to Haruyuki, what's with the two? Childhood friends? Really Curious. :)

I got mad on what he did to poor Chiyu. Damn that Haruyuki, still didn't explain.

Overall I like the scenes. I look forward to more episodes with Kuroyukihime she's too beautiful. xD
Apr 2, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
iHeartTsugumi said:

One question.

Chiyu's description says she's Taku's BF. Yet still attached to Haruyuki, what's with the two? Childhood friends? Really Curious. :)

That will come up in the next episodes, won't take too long, five episodes maybe.
Apr 2, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2011
This anime so well reminds me of Guilty Crown and C!!!!

That is a no no to a girl Haruyuki. If I could, I would have punched this fat-ass for ruining that packed lunch.

Anyways, this is too good! I am hooked already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2011
this anime looks very promising, its very interesting, people are complaining about haruyuki but i think he isn't so bad, sure he is a loser but that leaves plenty of room for development in the next 23 episodes, i do hope he becomes a very good MC, i like characters who start off weak and wimpy but then become badass
Apr 2, 2012 3:15 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, already started.

Future world just damn EPIC there.
Apr 2, 2012 3:17 PM

Jan 2008
kamikaze_1996 said:
this anime looks very promising, its very interesting, people are complaining about haruyuki but i think he isn't so bad, sure he is a loser but that leaves plenty of room for development in the next 23 episodes, i do hope he becomes a very good MC, i like characters who start off weak and wimpy but then become badass

I hope he grows... as in literally... He's too short. You can't even call him a shota.
Apr 2, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
That's his charm, his super deformed body. How (un) forthcoming..

I personally can't wait for the epicness...

Apr 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:

I hope he grows... as in literally... He's too short. You can't even call him a shota.

yea me too and lose weight, but that would be later on, probably when he becomes a true badass
Apr 2, 2012 4:17 PM
Dec 2011
Nice, this is high school DxD for the masses but with entirely different matrix-like setting. No ecchi scenes at all in 2 eps...even the typical fall on top of a girl scene didn't result in the typical boob grab which is almost mandatory in anime xD
Apr 2, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
This looked interesting so I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. Kuroyukihime is awesome and it's kind of refreshing with how they did the main character.
Apr 2, 2012 4:42 PM

Sep 2010
This is completely incomparable to anything I've watched.
Extremely different and fresh, I saw the PV to this and thought it looked good, after the first episode I definitely know I'll watch this to the end.

This is the first time I've seen such a pudgy protagonist. o.o

Kuroyukihime is extremely cute >~< I think her hair antennae thing in her hair is a nice touch.
Apr 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
ProBoner said:
Nice, this is high school DxD for the masses but with entirely different matrix-like setting. No ecchi scenes at all in 2 eps...even the typical fall on top of a girl scene didn't result in the typical boob grab which is almost mandatory in anime xD

Ya definitely no ecchi from the first 2 episodes. In fact, there wasn't even a boob grab except a very slight teasing in the cafeteria :P
Apr 2, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2010
araya looks nothing like what he did in the manga :O
Apr 2, 2012 5:06 PM

May 2010
Shih said:

read the manga or the novel, youll understand why he has a piggy avatar
Apr 2, 2012 5:15 PM
Dec 2009
greedSC said:

It is explained in the LN's that the reason why he has the pig is that he had a really cool and handmade avatar but the bullies forced him to use the pig avatar.
Apr 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Seems like it could be a pretty damn cool show looks pretty even if it wasn't in 720p and a future setting is a plus just still wondering why they went with that design not that i have a problem with it just first time i've seen a chubby MC for a anime in a while haha.

kinda creepy that the school *is always watching you* and those guys in white body armor weren't normal hall monitors!

and i'm still confused on how this is gonna work is this a web based series or what MAL says its started since mar26 but i have both ep 1&2 which are Preaired so it isn't out yet :S?.
Apr 2, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
Looks pretty decent so far. Nice idea though havent grasped the premise yet. Off to ep 2!
Apr 2, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
bookkid900 said:
greedSC said:

-removed-

Oi, learn to f_cking spoiler your spoilers you spoiling pig.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
i just hope he stops using that pig avatar later on, atleast have a humanish body.
also this burst link idea is nice, but it seems its only good if you have fast reflexes but need to think a bit before any action. unless your with another person, than you can make a whole out plan.

so a tiny fat kid wanting to escape from reality, im pretty sure we've had that thought.
i like this anime so far, good thing i picked this for FAL

Apr 2, 2012 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Being the impatient ass I am, I couldn't help but watch this pre-aired episode with Hadena subs than wait for the actual aired episode. xD I'll still re-watch it when it's aired.

Anyhow, I loved this episode. Man, I love the Burst Link scenes. Whole room is completely blue and mysterious, aw yeah. Also Kuroyukihime is so fucking cute, in her Burst Link form and school uniform. xD Plot is good so far. Loving this already :D
Apr 2, 2012 7:25 PM

Dec 2010
Baka buta
tera anrakki
RaRitsujunApr 2, 2012 7:28 PM
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 2, 2012 8:00 PM

Dec 2011
The ending of ep 1 was great. The idea for his pig appearance is quit weird if you ask me.
HysteryApr 2, 2012 8:04 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.