Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2008 3:20 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
nice happy ending for a blood and gore manga.

most of the character lived
nyuu and lucy reincarnated?
Sep 6, 2008 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
i was crying when those little girls turned up!!

*still is crying*
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Sep 6, 2008 10:14 AM

Jul 2008
I wasn't very happy with it mean i was happy Lucy and Nyu were reincarnated
and everyone in the house is happy and junk but when bando showed up that
was a little much for me i mean come on the guys dead you don't magically become alive again like that.
Sep 6, 2008 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
cottonlace said:
I wasn't very happy with it mean i was happy Lucy and Nyu were reincarnated
and everyone in the house is happy and junk but when bando showed up that
was a little much for me i mean come on the guys dead you don't magically become alive again like that.

pretty much my exact thoughts. it was too much a happily ever after ending, even if lucy/nyu died and were just reincarnated at the end.
Sep 6, 2008 11:47 PM

Jun 2007
lol Bando was like a Cyborg. I wonder if his face is stuck smiling XD. Also wtf was up with Nana wanting to have kids with her dad lol. That caught be off guard for a second. Also if they did end up having kids wouldn't that mean more diclonius would be born XD.

I happy with the reincarnation ending but at the same time it felt weird.
Sep 11, 2008 7:44 AM

May 2008

I feel kinda weird reading this...after all that's happened everything's back to normal? And Lucy and Nyu reincarnating is too much.
And Bando and such coming back to life? Or maybe Mayu and Nana are just imagining things.

Anyway, the point is I finally finished my favorite manga and I can't take all of this immediately.
o.O
Sep 14, 2008 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
Nana can't have kids, silpelit's are sterile if I remember correctly.
Sep 17, 2008 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
It's all somehow too happy and easy. I mean, whole Elfen Lied was pretty sad (and I think it should be), and in 107 it's all like a sudden resurrection of Bandou, Anna and that assassin (or agent or whoever that actually was) whose name I forgot. Of course I felt sorry for their fate when they died, but still - I think they should have died.
And the reincarnation story on top of that.
Sep 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
Ahh how can they just end it liek that? It was so sad just one chapter ago, and now everyone's back and they're all happy.... without Lucy... even with the twins... that just makes me sadder. T__T

Sig WILL change soon~
Sep 29, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
Well... I'm pretty happy with the ending I suppose. As cheesy as it is, I don't really mind them bringing back virtually every character with an ounce of goodness... and the reincarnation, while awkward, made me happy because the twins apparently have Lucy's memories if they're waiting at the shrine too, which means that Lucy and Nyuu are now somehow able to live happily.

Whew, what a ride...
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Sep 30, 2008 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
Maybe the author got fed up with all the sad crap that happened. lol. just to brighten up the story, he/she decided to make it a chessy and trite ending
Sep 30, 2008 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
so like was the two kids at the end his sister or nyu? >.> I'm so confused and how was that message with the grave?

banana
Oct 5, 2008 5:40 AM
Oct 2008
I thought it was good, but like other people have said, what was with everybody coming back to life?? bandou was dead! freaking dead! anna i think i can understand, i dont mind that... but the other guy as well! the wimpy one with glasses - how did he survive??

the reincarnation of lucy and nyu i thought at first, was kinda weird, yet sweet. but when i thought about it, it was the only way for a good happy ending. cus he may not have forgiven lucy, but he cant hold a grudge against her reincarnation, cus she hasnt done anything. also, if she lived, she wud still have vectors, and thus, have her evil personality, so she wud always be targeted and have the urge to kill. and horns, let us not forget the horns. so these two girls can live normally now.

the only downside is that... kouta X yuka?? what? they're cousins!! i mean... wow!

one last thing - is kadae a random name of one of them or... what? that confused me... did it come from somewhere? was there someone called kadae? the only relevance i can find is that his sister was called kanae... besides that, nothing...

yeah i loved this manga a lot, thus, the massive message lol
Oct 18, 2008 2:05 PM

Jan 2008
Kaede is Lucy's real name.
Oct 20, 2008 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
I marathoned the whole manga in 2 days.Actually i did 80 chapters yesterday and the rest now. Personally this is the saddest thing iv ever read or watched or anything.Im really not an emotional guy but this manga really freaked me out.I loved it cause it was raw and felt real till the end.I had no idea whats going to happen but i can say that im 100% satisfied. How the fuck Kaede(lucy) ressurected bugs me a lot and i believe an explanation was neccesary.But despite that i loved everything else.Bandou survived. Well they never actually sayed he was dead.I didnt expected this but i wasnt surprized but it either.Kouta w8ing and w8ing and w8ing was wtf... Really touched me.Anyways this manga was amazing nothing more to add
Oct 20, 2008 2:04 PM
Oct 2008
oh is it??? awwww!!!!! XD now i love the ending even more lol it was in my head for days after i finished reading it - but ive sorta moved on from it now. i doubt ill find an manga/anime quite as good as that now. naruto is gonna have a hard time matching an ending like that! the only other thing ive seen that can do an ending as good as that is Final Fantasy! anyway, thank you for clearing that up :)
Nov 15, 2008 11:11 PM
Dec 2007
i didn't get it ... lol... what happened? why did everyone come back alive? was it actually post-traumatic stress? who are the girls @ the end?
Nov 20, 2008 9:25 PM
Mar 2008
This is the best manga I've ever read, though I haven't red much.
Dec 12, 2008 10:36 PM

May 2007
Good manga overall, but this ending really sucked... I'm fine with Nyuu and Lucy's reincarnation, but c'mon, Bandou and that spy dude were dead... anyway...

P.S.: The spy was really a dude right? If so, how come he has breasts in the last panel? o.O
http://www.onemanga.com/Elfen_Lied/107/13/
Dec 15, 2008 9:40 PM
Dec 2008
I think the ending was a good one though,this is how it ended.Lucy and Nyuu were reincarnated(the facial expressions of the twins were a giveaway) and Lucy was named Kaede which was the same name as her previous life even though she was nicknamed Lucy by researchers and Nyuu by Kouta,this means that their parents must have known both of them before she died.

A reasonable explaination is that their parents were also once diclonius but were cured by the vaccine made by the 'savior of the world',maybe even the twins were also born as diclonii but were cured as well and diclonius have the special ability to remember their previous life,hence remember about Kouta.

In a second scenario(which i highly doubt)their parents could be normal humans infected by the vector virus and were the lucky ones to have Lucy(Kaede) and Nyuu as their daughters and with some ridiculous luck also named 1 of the twins Kaede.

I dont think Bandou returning alive was a bad thing,the whole story could be set years into the future and during that time they could make people into cyborgs? lol (He removes his bowels and reliefs himself by a drainage tube?)The agent was also not really dissapointing,that super big vector machine thing(forgot the name) might have killed the diclonius that were going to attack him with 1 of those gigantic hands. I wonder how Anna and that agent are going to survive at that facility though)

Ultimately Kaede(Lucy) and Nyuu are now having a much better life and judging from what they are wearing,their parent care about them and they are now human.

This is by far the best explaination i can think about,at first it will be hard for people like me to absorb that they were reincarnated and some people find it weird probably because not everyone believes in reincarnation.
kirinfableDec 16, 2008 5:00 AM
Dec 23, 2008 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
GanonBR said:

P.S.: The spy was really a dude right? If so, how come he has breasts in the last panel? o.O

It's obviously a woman you moron. -_-

Anyways, I loved the ending... sad, yet awesome as well.
So umm... that "Agent", Anna and Bandou's surprising "ressurections" were really unexpected... It did made the ending more brighter.
Also, in the end, more people ended up living than I had thought.

And those "twins"... Hmmmm... Maybe, they're Kaede's ("Lucy") daughters?
Hmmmm...... It wouldn't be that surprising that "Lucy" somehow survived... For starters, I thought for sure that Bandou and those other 2 had died.

And, in the end everyone that survived appeared to have a "happy ending".

Either way, this manga was way better than it's anime adaptation, mainly plot-wise.

In the end, I so loved this manga~

PS: So Yuuka and Kouta had a daughter, named "Nyuu"... I really wonder who were those friends (twins) of hers...
Jan 2, 2009 1:30 AM

May 2007
Genix said:
GanonBR said:

It's obviously a woman you moron. -_-

Calm down buddy, no need to be rude just because I had a doubt... sorry if I'm not as good as you identifying fictional characters who are completely dressed all the time and act like man, even though it's a woman :P
Feb 1, 2009 6:29 AM

Feb 2008
Im glad i read this thread because I didnt understand who those twin girls were. i see now....... so they are the reincarnation of nyuu and lucy.

i swear, this entire manga was a mind fuck.

also, sorry okamoto lynn.... but bandou shouldnt still be alive. his 'rebirth' defies all logic
Feb 2, 2009 8:00 PM

Mar 2008
Duelistbluerose said:
also, sorry okamoto lynn.... but bandou shouldnt still be alive. his 'rebirth' defies all logic

agreed

no matter how "advance" their tech are compare to us, there's no way they can bring back a guy chopped in half with the organs falling out etc :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2009 8:49 PM

Aug 2007
Overall happy with the ending though a bit unsure with the Bando and agent parts.

kirinfable said:
The agent was also not really dissapointing,that super big vector machine thing(forgot the name) might have killed the diclonius that were going to attack him with 1 of those gigantic hands.

I wondered about that for a moment also, but it looks like the thing washes up on the shore after the agent would have been killed. Unless it went a different direction first and then came back the other way or its reach was that good. Still not sure what happened with her(?)
Mar 8, 2009 8:35 PM
Jan 2009
phew glad i came here since i had NO idea what happened at the end. partly because i had mistaken the name Kaede (Lucy/Nyuu) for Kanae (Kouta's sister) for the signature in that note so i was like "what? a note from his sister?" but yea this thread cleared things up. The two twins being Lucy and Nyuu was great! (another thing i did not get at first). "If someday I'm reborn...then I'll be a good girl when that time comes...and it would be great if I could stay by Kouta's side forever" wee it all makes sense! anyway overall i liked the ending of the manga. i personally thought Bando was the man...so he still being alive (although with a mechanical....?) was fine with me. the spy and anna was a little too much imo. i mean really the spy wasn't shown until near the end of the manga...i didn't really care when she "died." anna was ok i guess but what are they gonna do down there? anyway great manga imo (only manga i actually cared to finish) glad i took the time to read it.
Mar 29, 2009 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
I thought the ending to the manga was waaaaaay better than the anime. I even thought it was great that they ended with the happy ending instead of the most anticipated sad ending.
May 4, 2009 9:31 PM
May 2009
the ending of the manga made me quite sad and mad i guess i was expecting a cliche ending where lucy gets to live with them but i was so wrong all in all it was a pretty good chapter but it leaves you wondering though well for me atleast, is lucy still alive?
Jul 1, 2009 4:37 AM

Apr 2007
That was a good read.
So in conclusion
- Nana ended up being her papa's wife?
- Lucy was killed by Kouta.
- Nyuu & Lucy are reincarnated in new bodies.
- Kouta marries Yuka.
- Bandou goes cyborg.
That's about it.

Aug 21, 2009 9:06 PM
Aug 2009
Yeah I loved the ending. Bandou didn't need to come back though, even though he was badass. I guess he ended up being mega castrated didn't he? lol. And Lucy/Nyuu being reincarnated was a perfect way to put an end to the story. Only sad part is that they probably won't be around Kouta much, since I doubt their parents will want them hangin' out with a 28 year old man.(But if they had Kouta marrying his cousin, I guess anythings possible-_-...) Still, they get to have happy, normal lives now without worrying about killing or being tortured & experimented on. And maybe they will get to chill with uncle Kouta once in a while. In the end, I give this manga a 10/10. I definitely prefer this ending over the anime one.
Aug 27, 2009 8:32 AM
May 2009
Loved it! the manga was way better than the anime.
The story was so much deeper in details etc. Also like the end alot more. Even though it was a happy ending i cried like a baby during the series and specially at the end. And i dont know but even though the end was as happy and good as it could have been, i feelt sad/depressed and still do now a few days after. Maybe cause Lucy had to put up with so much misery all the way, plus all the small girls saying byebye and accepting to die? its so horrible.
I would really like to re watch both anime and read manga but i dont think i can handle it. Never seen/read any movie, anime, manga, tv show or what so ever that has been this touching, (only thing that maybe is close in tiers way is greenmile or meet joe black)

10/10 ofc
I dont think i will ever find a manga this good again.

ps.( do you people think that the twins, lucy/nyu remembered kouta when they where reborn? since they said we are waiting for some one here, a very important friend).
Sep 17, 2009 6:01 PM

Sep 2009
forced happy ending = Bullshit
Oct 6, 2009 5:00 AM

Jul 2008
i think i cried for 5 chapters straight lol.
this was an unexpectedly emotional story (i knew it was gonna be sad but not this sad!)

Lucy and Nyuu reincarnated was quite sweet and gave me a piece of mind
Oct 6, 2009 5:16 AM

Mar 2009
Better than the anime ending.
Oct 12, 2009 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
OMGWTFLOLBBQ said:
forced happy ending = Bullshit

I totally agree. Bandou coming back was all right, same with Kouta x Yuka ending (finally, I was hoping for this all the way), but the reincarnation thing was stupid. I mean, come on ... it would have been better if they had just stayed dead. The ending knocked it down to a 9 / 10 for me -_-"
Oct 19, 2009 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
Well... i was not really sure about the ending. I liked the resurrection of Nyuu and Kaede but the manga was very violent and sad... didn't really fit with such a happy ending.
Oct 31, 2009 4:45 AM

Sep 2008
Read this a longish time ago. Remember the ending very very clearly and loved it. One of my most fav manga of all time.
Dec 25, 2009 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
Feel free to ignore this post.

I'm not sure what to think of this. It was really good, but ridiculous in places. Some parts made me feel very uncomfortable. I didn't like how Kaede died. I didn't like how she and Nyuu were reborn at the end. Even if it was meant symbolically, it was awkward for me. I liked how some things toward the end were very well put together. I liked how she sang, giving us an answer to the name of the series. I liked how she sacrificed her life to save Kouta. Most of all, I found it unbearably depressing; a girl who was told constantly that there was no place for her to live in her world, who wanted to live happily with someone who showed her light amidst misery, but wasn't allowed to. The note at the end showed me that...her brief visit to being a normal girl, shown through the line "Ah, I want to wear a wedding ring...", essentially the momentary desire she had of a happy future, completely crushed. It was devastatingly sad to watch through Kouta's eyes as he digs up this memento of their past. I don't even know how to describe it in language.

I can't say that I didn't like it, but I almost can't say that I did like it. It was stupid in places, but amazing in others. It didn't make me cry the way the anime did, it just made me feel depressed. I really don't know. It was very good.

Sorry for going on about this randomly...I just felt like I needed to write about it somewhere. I gave it an 8/10 overall, but that doesn't really mean anything. I can't think of a way to summarize how I feel about it. I do know that, as a writer and artist, this has been a heavy inspiration and learning experience for me, and the series of novels I'm working on (if I ever get them done) will show clear influence from this story. So yes, I guess I can say that I really, really liked it.
GrmoDec 25, 2009 9:12 PM
Jan 6, 2010 10:53 AM
Nov 2009
I think in the last couple of chapters, Elfen Lied was the only series I actually cried over. That was just so sad... Even if some people think it was a BS ending, I really liked it. Everything that was all sad was explained, and it was a nice ending to such a sad story.
Mar 10, 2010 10:46 AM

Dec 2009
Needless to say that manga is 99999999 times better than the adaptation. And this ending is pretty bright and touching.
SilivrenMar 10, 2010 10:49 AM
Mar 21, 2010 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
Silivren said:
Needless to say that manga is 99999999 times better than the adaptation. And this ending is pretty bright and touching.

Isn't it?

I love the fact Kouta doesn't forgive her so easily in the manga too, and actually got pretty close to pure hate. That is how I would react if someone killed me family members too, I wouldn't want to be friends with that person for sure.

Another thing is inconsistency in the anime with the manga. The anime shows Lucy as a fairly weak Diclonius for the original. I would expect her to at least kill Mariko but she got pounded in the anime fairly badly. Lucy is a psychopath in the manga, I like that. Also, Nana is badass in the manga, and purple hair suits her far more than bright pink. Progression is also handled better in the manga with less "Forceful" plot turns.

Anime nailed the atmosphere with the music/sound effects though. If it was extended to 24-36 episodes I imagine it could have been much better.
Mar 29, 2010 6:27 PM
Feb 2010
It was BAAAAW ending til....
everyone survived except lucy
if everyone died it would have been more baaworthy but no.....
I was like WTFRAGE
Apr 14, 2010 7:07 AM
Apr 2010
I don't know if I liked or hated the series as a whole, It's vastly contradictory to what I like to read and alot of it didn't make logical sences, you expect me to belive that manny people can be killed in such a short amount of time and not get caught, and that the characters can see all this death and gore and not be effected in the slieghtest? As well as such inhuman experiments to be taking place with no one finding out about it? I mean there must have been hundreds of women trapped in thoughs labs abducted when they were children and no one goes looking for them? I get the idea that the children may be despised and hated but that's pretty fair fetched especially since some of them could be good people and not kill there parents? Ex. Anna Also why are these diclonii only appearing in one country? The worlds pretty big you know... Last but least my DNA is telling me to kill people.... wtf? DNA doesn't work that way even... no wait wait there's nothing I can think of the explain this that's just a plot hole if I ever heard it. I can believe Lucy being psychotic from pressure on her brain and a rough childhood but her DNA alone creating various personalities and killing people.. I'm sorry I'm allergic to bull shit.

Looking over what I just written I think I must sadly say this is on the lower end of all the manga I've read... @_@
Apr 14, 2010 9:42 AM
Jun 2009
Kasa said:
I don't know if I liked or hated the series as a whole, It's vastly contradictory to what I like to read and alot of it didn't make logical sences, you expect me to belive that manny people can be killed in such a short amount of time and not get caught, and that the characters can see all this death and gore and not be effected in the slieghtest? As well as such inhuman experiments to be taking place with no one finding out about it? I mean there must have been hundreds of women trapped in thoughs labs abducted when they were children and no one goes looking for them? I get the idea that the children may be despised and hated but that's pretty fair fetched especially since some of them could be good people and not kill there parents? Ex. Anna Also why are these diclonii only appearing in one country? The worlds pretty big you know... Last but least my DNA is telling me to kill people.... wtf? DNA doesn't work that way even... no wait wait there's nothing I can think of the explain this that's just a plot hole if I ever heard it. I can believe Lucy being psychotic from pressure on her brain and a rough childhood but her DNA alone creating various personalities and killing people.. I'm sorry I'm allergic to bull shit.

Looking over what I just written I think I must sadly say this is on the lower end of all the manga I've read... @_@

*hes my friend so this comment will be fine*

I AM GOING TO KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP JUST LIKE SHE KILLS PEOPLE....
BY RIPPING YOU HEAD STRAIGHT OFF ^_^
Apr 18, 2010 4:51 AM

Jul 2009
Kasa said:

I pretty much agree with this but I enjoyed it quite a bit to say the least. All you need to know is the anime is worse (Subject to opinion but it seems overall "Dumber")

Still, the author did a good job of making this slightly complex. Actually fuck that it isn't complex at all but he did a good job of adding things to make it seem more complex to the target audience.
May 6, 2010 3:34 PM

Dec 2008
Well it could always be rooted in the DNA that humans are natural prey can't it? o.o...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2010 9:36 PM

Mar 2010
Finished this manga in one day. So, the ending, just wtf? The two girls are reincarnations? How?
May 8, 2010 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
changturkey said:
The two girls are reincarnations?

I guess yes.
How? Hah. It is based on Japanese mythology, I think. Didn't you notice that reincarnations are quite often been used in animes/mangas/VNs? ))
May 8, 2010 9:17 AM

Mar 2010
Silivren said:
changturkey said:
The two girls are reincarnations?

I guess yes.
How? Hah. It is based on Japanese mythology, I think. Didn't you notice that reincarnations are quite often been used in animes/mangas/VNs? ))

Actually, no, I'm really new to manga and anime in general, and haven't seen this theme yet. I guess this is a bittersweet ending, though I find the KoutaxYuka thing weird.
May 8, 2010 10:42 AM

Dec 2009
Hmm.. I think it's not so weird, but it's just naturally.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Elfenlied

passing_through - Feb 24

5 by XpldFrFantasyLnd »»
Mar 29, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 87 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

7 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 75 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 5:49 PM

» The Harem Side of the story

Buddy2604 - Aug 20, 2022

7 by Detaramei »»
Feb 25, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 64 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 1, 2012

3 by passing_through »»
Feb 24, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.