Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 6, 2012 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
Adachi playing as God.
Aug 12, 2012 2:12 PM
Feb 2011
This episode was my least liked. It was predictable and like most other action/super power anime. (EX. Rest of the party breaks off to fight a bad guy to let the main character get to the end. Or the characters power up when a friend is near defeat.) Quite unoriginal.

But the anime in whole was really good. Tho I did see who the main villain was from about the first time you see him/her. (Never played the game but I will when it's released on Vita)
Sep 25, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 2008
Adachi was already earning bad guy points from episode 3. A lame cop who talks about ugly rumors to the people related to the missing victim in such a tone and manner? Not so pro. He was made too lame for me to look forward to the fight near the end, I mean, someone like that would never actually win a fight or make it look exciting - and it wasn't.

The plot itself isn't special but the animation was pretty well done so it was average.

The most interesting part was the date changing weather forecast calendar, which was probably influenced by game play style but still visually eye-catching.
Oct 30, 2012 9:04 AM

Mar 2011
For anyone that was wondering, the song that plays during the battle with Ameno-sagiri is, "We are one and all".

Not using The Almighty was kinda disappointing, but this one makes more sense for an anime since it leaves an emotional impact.
Dec 20, 2012 3:33 PM
Jul 2012
And Lucifer finally shows up. as does the rest of upgraded personas
Susanoo
Amaretsu etc.

DarkBlue said:
I was wondering when he was gonna use something better than Izanagi, although i haven't played the game and thus aren't quite sure of the battle mechanics, to me it seemed like he was trying to take down the last boss with something like a rusted short-sword or lvl 1 fireball. Sure, it would have been much less dramatic if he just used something better from the start, but it just feels so stupid when characters totally forget about their awesome powers until they almost get killed.

idk You kinda never really use Izanagi again after you get better personas, mainly those that either are immune to physical or certain elements,

You can only have 12 personas on you (that's not even enough to go around the arcana once), so Izanagi falls out of favor pretty quick,
Jan 3, 2013 10:07 PM
Mar 2009
Introducing the big baddy that caused everything in the last episode and soundly defeating him with the power of bonds taken to the extreme? Meh, could be worse.

Having not played the game, this anime was pretty damn enjoyable anyway. These past episodes that were leading up to the ending felt kind of rushed though.

Ugh, no more Persona 4. Must.find.PS2.And buy the game.

Ending was pretty funny too, what with Nanako saying she wanted to marry her "Onii-chan." Haha, Yu's harem grows ever more, even in the last episode.
Jan 19, 2013 9:05 AM
Jul 2018

We can change the world.

7/10
Jan 21, 2013 9:50 AM
Jul 2012
Chie used her God's Hand finally. The 15k+ deliverance of instant kill.
Mar 3, 2013 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
Really awesome episode/series. Sad ending though, but I guess he'll be back to visit them. Can't wait to watch ep. 26, and then start on P4 Arena. I really want to play this game at some point now.

Series Review:
+Interesting Concept
+Great Main Story
+Great Characters
-Some seemingly filler episodes......
+.....but I didn't care too much because the characters were awesome
-Same kind premise over and over again while characters were getting Personas....
+....but each was pretty unique and interesting
+Awesome last few episodes

Overall: 8/10
Jun 13, 2013 1:59 PM
Jun 2013
tamachana said:
Well that was a good show~ Considering i have never really heard of the Persona series before this show came out, i was incredibly confused as to what was going on, but either way im glad i stuck with it~ I cant wait for the ova either~

Also, im amazed no one has mentioned Yu's...position when he was with Adachi.

....what.

lol how did he end up in that pose?! its like narukami admits defeat and proceeds to accpet his punishment... awkward. And this was suppose a serious scene too haha.
tn129719Jul 7, 2017 4:28 AM
Jul 22, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
No Adachi, what you need isn't talent, it's hard work...

主花すてき~ (゚∀゚)ラヴィ!!

Lol Doujima after Nanako said she'd marry Yuu. XP

I bet Yuu will come back once he realizes how boring it is without these guys. =D

So that world is still there, hm.

Well, guess the True Ending is next!

EDIT: OMFG the post above me. *dies laughing*
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 29, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
Having never played the game I can't really judge this as an adaptation as such, but as an anime itself I really enjoyed it. The questionable art and animation at times was frustrating but that would be my only complaint.

Also, Nanako is alive???

9/10.
Nov 24, 2013 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
well made anime... you don't see that everyday if you look at how 99%+ of anime adaptation from a game = shit

VAs and characters do not match up though (esp. Rise, Yosuke, and Teddy)... or it could be that I prefer the dub version from the game more (that's very very rare coming from me)

I didn't find the plot really compelling to watch b/c I already know it from the game, but they really did a good job with animating social link events. I really did enjoy those.

8/10
Jan 6, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2013
Disapointed there was no romance.
But it was a pretty good adaptation. At least for people who've played the game.
If i didn't I probably wouldn't have liked it as much.
7/10
Jan 21, 2014 2:33 AM

Mar 2011
7/10 Good series overall.
May 8, 2014 3:08 PM
Feb 2013
8/10, enjoyed it a lot even without playing the game for more than a couple of hours :)
Sep 11, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
It really annoys me when the villain brings up some really good points and then the protagonists lecture him as if he's immature/making no sense/Insane. So what if he is all those things, if you’re gonna have those points written in the script then at least finish it by addressing them.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 1, 2014 10:45 AM

Feb 2013
Really loved this series, was much better then I was expecting it to be. Even though it was a bit rushed at times. I still feel it was done very well for the small amount of episodes they had to squeeze everything in. The final battle was just epic, Ive never even seen that fusion Yu pulled out before. I really need to replay P4 now lol.

But yeah great series, 9/10
Nov 3, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
Great anime. I enjoyed it a lot. 9/10.
May 1, 2015 8:53 AM
Apr 2014
It's not over yet, this is just the normal end where the truth is still shrouded in mystery, there are still some questions unanswered.
Onto true end is where we learn the truth behind everything, it's kinda weird to have a series with Izanagi and no Izanami don't you think?
7/10 for the based MC.
Sep 23, 2015 2:55 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Persona 4 was at it's best when it focused on the slice of life stuff. I didn't find the fights interesting at all. Adachi was meh.

7/10 for the whole series.
Dec 30, 2015 1:55 AM

Nov 2013
Solid video game adaptation, mediocre as standalone anime series.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 11, 2016 8:01 AM
Dec 2014
7/10.. Would easily give it a ten if it was a good adaptation since I'm a huge P4 fanboy. I still hate how they spend no time in some dungeons, especially in Heaven which has an amazing soundtrack and atmosphere.. The characters looked really stiff, pacing felt weird overall. Also I guess it's kind of a problem that Yu is more of a silent character in game. You just have a few dialogue options.

Still was worth a watch. But doesn't come close to the game.
Sep 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2016
So many thing to say. First I rate this anime about 888 from 1000 in my scale but following MAL ratings I am going to upgrade it to 9.

I loved all the characters (except KingMoron), the animation was regular, the OST is godly, the ambientation was superb.

A worthy experience... now I want to play the games!!!!!!

9/10[
Persona 4 The Animation
Oct 13, 2017 6:12 AM

Dec 2013
Final battle felt lacklustre but overall a decent adaptation of the game. Characters were still really likeable and the OST was amazing!
May 9, 2018 7:03 PM

Mar 2018
Aaaaaaa really sad for the ending :' just remembered when i started loving anime cuz this anime's game

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Jul 31, 2020 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
Bit rushed end there but still nice, never thought the endboss would be a camera lens eyeball creature. As an anime-only watcher this was a pretty entertaining series. May not have as much action as you would expect but the comedy/slice of life episodes were quite good

Nov 23, 2020 8:17 AM
Jul 2019
This was honestly worth watching alone for how hilarious Yu's character was done in the anime version. I laughed a lot of times.

I think as a stand alone it suffers a little bit though, because pacing was awkward at times. During the first few episodes and also during the last 4 or 5 episodes, it was quite very fast paced and even rushed, but also at some points midway in the series then it stopped several episodes to put on the fillers from the game. It's a very faithful adaptation but they needed to summarize a 66 hours store into 26 episodes which would no doubt end in some problems. Though I think Namatame's arc should have started 1 or 2 episodes earlier, imo.

But I think they did far better than I was expecting at the start, even though there're still some problems, you can get a summarized version of the story from it if you have already played the game and want another trip with the lovely cast (one of the best cast I loved in a JRPG, maybe they're not the best, but they were really friends for me, something I can't say about every JRPG). Of course the game is still the definitive version though.

I really liked how they gave Yu a character arc on his own during the video game dungeon arc which I actually think the game could have benefited from it. Many social links were done right and have good emotional impact. The funny scenes as I used earlier became even more hilarious. I laughed ton of times watching this.

If you played the game, this is a solid 8/10.
If you didn't then I think 7/10 will be fine for you.

But since I played the game and I'm a little bit biased, I'll give this 8/10.
el3melNov 23, 2020 8:23 AM
Apr 27, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
Epic evangelionesque finale, nice.

All in all a well rounded anime: top-tier seiyuu, great SOL, detailed animation for action scenes, some original spins on tropes thrown here and there (like the Kanji/Naoto duality), unique OST.

Interesting watch.
Jul 23, 2021 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
It's not a JRPG if you don't get to fight something equivalent to a god.

Honestly, I thought this was gonna be a cheap cash grab, but it ended up genuinely good. Several scenes were a lot better than the game even. I love what they did to Yu's character. He's pretty close to how I played him, and far better than how I imagined him.

The changes the anime made were mostly for the better, notably how they dealt with the side characters, the fights, and the comedy (boy drunk Yu was godly). The final 5 episodes in particular were very well directed.

Overall, if I only want the story, I genuinely prefer the anime over the game.
Sep 7, 2021 4:30 AM

Dec 2018
what was that orb all about
Aug 9, 2022 12:44 AM
Mar 2021
Good Adaptation, with only a few minor issues. They made Yuu hilarious and even more likeable here, compared to the game.

7,75/10
May 22, 2023 5:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Right when I was wondering why all of the S-links persona were at evolution state 1 they all evolved for the final battle xD But of course it ended well + farewells to Yuu :( I still prefer the Golden ending much more obviously

Really liked the adaptation since I played the game but they really tried to adapt it in anime format for real, not just a plain and pointless game adaptation, I liked the changes and the anime original parts, especially regarding Yuu, so I'll rate this one 8/10 (compared to Persona 5 adaptation that was VERY disappointing)
Jul 17, 2023 10:16 PM
Oct 2022
muy buen final mustra mas a detalle las cosas 8/10
Aug 23, 2023 4:01 AM

Mar 2013
17:00 to 19:00 gave me chills the entire time.
Persona 4 OST's: Never More, really hit different during this scene.

This anime truly picked up in the second half. I personally genuinely loved the side quest / social link episodes, especially Episode 13 and Episode 14. I'm going to miss Inaba.
Aug 27, 2023 9:41 PM

Aug 2017
Really enjoyable show, 9/10. Also enjoyed P4 Golden anime. Terrific games and animes.
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 2023
The reason why you watch P4A, instead of playing the game - the protag has a personality.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

JunkAccount101 - Dec 28, 2015

12 by superstaff »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.