Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 12, 2018 9:05 AM

Mar 2017
Man, Yamazaki may have been not very likeable as a real person, but it was really sad to see him leave. His story is too relatable... I really would have loved to see his gal game take off, but at the same time the realistic outcome was to be expected and works better for the story. I liked the vibes of this and the last episode, but towards the end it seems to drift off into sappy / stupid territory again with Misaki. I hope they don't fuck this up.
Oct 21, 2018 5:50 PM

Sep 2018
it's so sad when Yamazaki leave the Mita House and leave Satou behind.. so sad to separate to your friends !! i cried when their memory together flashback on Satou's mind T-T ( i love Yamazaki!!)
Nov 12, 2018 1:32 PM

May 2010
I'm probably the only one, but I didn't feel much while watching this episode :<
Apr 22, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
Really sad episode.

Personally for me the saddest part was the scene where Yamazaki was in the train and Nanako was at an audition. Just like that, no resolution except what happened in the last episode. Wish Yamazaki didn't have to go home and abandon everything he's worked so hard for, and wish things with Nanako didn't end that way.

It was also sad to see Satou's life after he left. Misaki's really growing and growing on me further, but I'm still frustrated that we don't know anything about her. It's like 3 episodes left and we don't know much about her still. I hope we'll learn A LOT about her in the next few episodes.

Also, Kashiwa-senpai again?! Really interesting.
May 17, 2019 5:59 PM
Jul 2011
I feel empty watching the second half of this episode. :'(
May 21, 2019 4:24 AM
Jul 2013
Zadion said:
"A drama has a progressive plot, an emotional climax, and a resolution. But our lives aren't like that. All we get day after day are a bunch of vague anxieties that are never really resolved."

It was almost painful how accurate this quote is. I feel like it sums up NHK as well. Just one vague anxiety after another with this series...

The most tragic part is that, due to the nature of the show, I know Yamazaki isn't coming back. At least Satou realized how good of a friend he lost. ;-;

man it's hard to believe this is the same show that had me dying of laughter in the early episodes.

^THIS.
also
<screams in Satou>YAMAZAKI!!!
Feb 4, 2020 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
5 crappy games sold, 5 probably dissatisfied customers and 5 goodbyes for Yamazaki...
Yamazaki has always been a great character to have around, both for the audience and for Sato, the otaku/game developer/hot-headed kouhai. I can understand how much Sato felt alone when Yamazaki left, taking all the busy and noisy activities Sato used to do along with Yamazaki.

What hurts is that Yamazaki is fully aware that he returned home because he is defeated, his hard work along with Sato's are only good for the memories they've created together in this short year. The look and the silent response Yamazaki did before he fades into the distance said it all...

Misaki is thinking that Sato only has herself to rely on now? I DISAGREE!

Feb 8, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2018
Yamazaki's passion to do what he wants in life struck a chord in me that I desperately needed. Yamazaki will always remember his life in Mita house. The game might have been a failure but not for Yamazaki, it's the culmination of his true self and his memories.

Tears were shed, Yamazaki you will never be forgotten.
Mar 23, 2020 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
I kinda expected that their game's sales might not be spectacular or something, but Damn... Yamazaki really left. ;_; Sad episode, I'm gonna miss him. He was my favorite character in this anime.

That preview of the next episode, though... How come Satou and Hitomi bump into each other so often, so casually and in random places? ;D World is surely small, haha.
Mar 28, 2021 11:21 PM

Mar 2020
This episode pretty much confirmed what I had suspected this show to be about, which is an interpretation I'm surprised not too many people have latched onto.

The entire point of Sato's character is that he hasn't matured past high school and goes from coping mechanism to coping mechanism in order to avoid having to face reality. One of the more destructive fantasies he has is about reuniting with his peers from high school, since they're the only people he's ever known. He daydreams about going out in public and meeting in cafes and restaurants, yet when he does it on his own, he panics. The god revelation he had in this episode was just his neurotic way of coming to terms with the fact that the people he once knew aren't coming back. That's why he suddenly felt lonely once Yamazaki left. He was alone the whole time - he had just convinced himself that he wasn't.

I'm mostly speaking from experience here since I consider my high school life (and now adult life) to be a lot like Sato's. I could be wrong, but different interpretations are what make media interesting.
Apr 10, 2021 2:00 AM

Aug 2018
Man I wish I had a friend like Yamazaki.
I want the romance with Misaki to advance, come on plz

Jun 4, 2021 1:56 AM
Mar 2021
Yamazaki was kind of a terrible, toxic friend... but he was kind of all he had, as his relationship with Misaki is still rather icy.

I assume now is the point where Sato will have to decide if he will return to society in a sense, or if he won't be able to and double down on being a Hikikomori instead :(
Mar 24, 2022 1:09 AM
Aug 2021
Yamazaki nooo.

It's Hitomi again. She better not mess with Sato while he's so dead on the inside.
Apr 2, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
One of the best bromances put to screen
Aug 29, 2022 7:43 PM

May 2015
Yamazaki is gone, poor Sato
Oct 18, 2022 2:29 AM

Sep 2017
End of an era

I hope Yamazaki comes back from the ranch but reality is too harsh to allow such a thing.

But good job Yamazaki and Sato.

Also, it is sato visiting new years.

Felt lot sad when yamazaki was leaving after the snowball fight.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 2, 2022 11:38 AM
Aug 2019
It was funny when at the end of their game the credits were all from Yamazaki and Satou just appeared in two
Jul 2, 2023 2:57 PM
Jan 2020
karasawa said:
I liked it when he thought he was the only person in the world, and from that decided that he was god.  Nice use of psychology and philiosophy there, although it might not have been alluding to what I was thinking.

Aww Misaki has other clothes afterall.  Yamazaki's life won't be so bad back home, and after the galge was such a failure, it's probably a relief.
He believed in Solipsism
Aug 4, 2023 11:11 PM

Jun 2021
Good bye yamazaki i wish that guy could be happy with his life
Now Satou realized that he have no best friends and he is living now alone (but at least he still eating along with the main waifu)
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Oct 11, 2023 12:43 PM
Jan 2022
what a sad episode
i shade some tears while seeing yamazaki going from that life, city, friends, college, life style, all that he had

in a few time more, i'll have to say goodbye to my dearest friends

in tired of saying goodbye
im tired of that
Oct 22, 2023 2:56 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah it sucks to go back to loneliness after thinking you've gained friends.
خ
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

113 by RGreatDanton »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

123 by RGreatDanton »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

215 by RGreatDanton »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.