Forum Settings
Forums

Western cartoons/TV series that would be good as anime.

New
Mar 27, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
As the title states, is there a western cartoon and/or live-action TV series you would like to see as an anime? For example (and this is true for those who do not know): The TV series Supernatural was made into an anime.

For me it would be Criminal Minds and Ben 10 (just out of curiosity).
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2009
Fireviolin said:
Heroes, maybe.
--I was going to say, "No. Remember what they did with Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade," (actually, I kinda liked Blade) but you are right. A "Monsteresque " version of Criminal Minds could be good and Heroes could work. So could Firefly, Farscape, and Babylon 5 and possibly Being Human (I prefer the British version over the American.) Oh, what about Trochwood? I do, however think Dr. Who should be left alone.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Mar 27, 2012 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
How about a serious anime version of Ed Edd n Eddy with story driven plot with your normal comedy and love interest, now that would be awesome

☯ĄŴĖŞŐΜĖ☯!

Mar 2012
The Walking Dead could possibly make for a pretty sweet anime.

And hell, if they made a Breaking Bad anime I'd watch the sh*t out of it. They could bring the show even more over-the-top; if'n that's even possible. I'm not entirely sure it would transition very well to anime though.

Mar 2012
Fireviolin said:
Heroes, maybe.

I would most definitely watch the first season of Heroes as a anime.
Mar 27, 2012 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Flip the question around and I'd say Monster.
Mar 27, 2012 7:27 PM

Jan 2012
Actually Heroes would be pretty cool as an anime, I really liked that show, except for the ending, though. I wonder if it would become something like Darker Than Black, well apart from the contract part.
Mar 27, 2012 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Avatar: The Last Airbender and Samurai Jack. They're both pretty much anime already, minus the fact they weren't made in Japan.

Seconding Breaking Bad. If done correctly that could be incredible.

I can imagine Doctor Who as being one of the hundreds-of-episodes long-running anime. That would potentially be the best thing ever made by mankind.
Mar 27, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2005
Community should be pretty perfect.
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia too, animation would enable even more exaggerated and crazy shit.
Mar 27, 2012 8:39 PM
Mar 2012
The Big Bang Theory. I can see an actual end to that show in 26 episodes, including love interests and something happening at the college they work at leading to them saving the world with their intelligence. :P And it would be funny haha :D
"I love the type of woman who can kick my ass."
~Spike Spiegel
Mar 27, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2011
The Game of Thrones and Avatar would be great anime.
Also, I'm curious in how they'll do an anime of Spongebob.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 8:43 PM

Mar 2009
Criminal Minds but I think I'd still prefer the original form over the animated version.
Mar 27, 2012 8:45 PM

Feb 2012
The Walking Dead
Mar 27, 2012 8:52 PM

Aug 2010
Home and Away.
Mar 27, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
Criminal Minds but I think I'd still prefer the original form over the animated version.

Me being a Criminal Minds fan (GO Dr. Reid!) I believe that the only thing that they can really improve on is how crazy the criminals are. Since it's animation they can take it farther, then again, this show is so messed up (in a good/weird way) that that might not change it much. But I would just like to see it animated, to compare it to the original.
Mar 27, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2010
Frankly, I'd just like to see a continuation of Pushing Daisies period. I'd be fine with it being animated, the show was pretty colorful to begin with.
Mar 27, 2012 9:12 PM

Sep 2010
99.%% sure I've seen this topic here before and 99.99% sure that I said "none".

Mar 27, 2012 9:40 PM

Dec 2011
Firefly and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Mar 27, 2012 9:44 PM

Aug 2011
Pretty Little Liars *shot*

Okay, but does anyone remember the TV show Dollhouse? Aired back in 2009. I remember it as a great sci-fi and it'd be extremely cool to see it as an anime. Shame it wasn't a longer series, though.
Mar 27, 2012 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
i dont really watch western cartoons but idk.

recess? it can be made into a comedy show.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Mar 27, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2008
South Park as long as they dont do jokes about really gross visuals like Mr Hanky X__x Ive seen anime fan art versions of the characters and it looks awesome and makes the whole Kenny dying or Cartman being fat thing actually funnier.

Adventure Time is awesome as is but Ii think as an anime it would ad to the seriousness of the plot with a different art style. Yes the show has a dark complicated plot if you pay attention. I mean the whole post apocalyptic world with mutants and most humans are gone

I would think Danny Phantom would make a pretty good anime if they make it more serious.

The Adams Family as an anime might be interesting if its given the right art style but im not sure

Dark Angel, if anyone remembers that show I think it would be cool It was canceled before finishing.

I wish there was a The Pirates of Dark Water anime. Its an old Saturday morning cartoon and from what i remember about the show it was awesome but i think it was canceled and it had plot holes so stuff needs to be fixed with it.

Captain Planet would be badass as an anime and they should tackle modern eco problems and since its Japanese they should talk about whaling and killing dolphins >___>

sleeplesstown said:
Flip the question around and I'd say Monster.

Live action american Monster series? I think that would be cool
Mar 27, 2012 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Seinfeld.

oh wait it already exists

Mar 27, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
I agree with the Walking Dead. Finally a serious epic zombie anime! Not like High School of the Dead. As good as it was I just couldn't stand the fact they tried cramming so much ecchi in every single scene.

Heroes would be pretty good to and I agree with Samurai Jack, could be interesting.

I think that new show on NBC (I think) might be interesting to.. I forgot what it was called but it's basically about this man who got into a car accident with his wife and son and one of them died. However, since the accident somehow the man has been living in two different realities. When he's awake in one reality his wife is dead and it's just him and his son. When he goes to bed he wakes up in this other reality where his son is dead but his wife is alive and he doesn't know what i real and what is fake. Apparently every time he goes to sleep he switches between the two realities.

Now I'm not saying copying the whole thing would be good(not sure how good the show is itself since it hasn't been out long) but perhaps just the concept with the whole two different realities and he doesn't know what's real and what is fake and maybe a couple of twists. I know most people probably would prefer a teenager/young adult as the main character and their would be some roll changes as well, maybe a childhood friend or lover but it seems like it could make a pretty interesting anime!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 27, 2012 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
^
How about the two worlds are totally different but they forget which world they come from even though its totally different.
Mar 27, 2012 10:56 PM
May 2011
battlestar galactica
flash forward
lost
walking dead
game of thrones
true blood
merlin
stargate sg-1
criminal minds
Mar 28, 2012 1:53 PM

Jan 2012
I'm sorry to do this guys..

MY LITTLE PONY!
Solo-MaroApr 6, 2012 12:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2012 2:08 PM
Jul 2010
A moeblob version of friends, hah.
Mar 28, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
Law & Order obviously.

RedStarLight said:

MY LITTLE PONY!

Hell no. The only thing needed to do to that show is cancel it.
Sir_LexaMar 28, 2012 2:18 PM
Mar 28, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
RedStarLight said:

MY LITTLE PONY!

MLP is perfect as it is!
Mar 28, 2012 2:24 PM
Mar 2011
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
recheebts said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender and Samurai Jack. They're both pretty much anime already, minus the fact they weren't made in Japan.

Seconding Breaking Bad. If done correctly that could be incredible.

I can imagine Doctor Who as being one of the hundreds-of-episodes long-running anime. That would potentially be the best thing ever made by mankind.

Samurai Jack! hells i miss that series
Mar 28, 2012 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mar 28, 2012 4:44 PM

Mar 2008
ActualGLoRY said:
RedStarLight said:

MY LITTLE PONY!

As much as I love the current My Little Pony... No.

Yeah, no

deadleeserious said:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

hmmm that could be suitable
Mar 28, 2012 4:53 PM

May 2011
I would say something like Flash Forward, I dont really watch television but I ended up watching it and it is so far the best TV show I've seen. Too bad it only aired one season.
Mar 28, 2012 4:57 PM

Dec 2011
For series, Game of Thrones.
For cartoons, South Park and Adventure Time would both be good anime imo.
Mar 28, 2012 5:01 PM

Apr 2011
kylemike13 said:
I would say something like Flash Forward, I dont really watch television but I ended up watching it and it is so far the best TV show I've seen. Too bad it only aired one season.

A tragedy. FlashForward deserved so much more than one season. It ended on a cliffhanger, too. It's a shame the ratings dropped so badly halfway through the season, but it was up against American Idol of all things.
Mar 29, 2012 3:52 PM

Mar 2008
Oh I thought of a really good one! Quantum Leap would work as an anime

Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissor Hands as anime series might be cool. There used to be a beetlejuice cartoon but it had no real plot so I think this is actually possible.
Mar 29, 2012 4:05 PM
May 2011
Jackie Chan Adventures
Mar 29, 2012 4:11 PM
Jun 2011
recheebts said:

What does this even mean? None of these shows seem anything like Japanese animation to me.
Mar 29, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
It's bad enough when cartoons rip off anime to begin with. Let's not encourage them -_-
Mar 29, 2012 4:16 PM
May 2011
Armiga21 said:
recheebts said:

What does this even mean? None of these shows seem anything like Japanese animation to me.

Both were based off of anime. For Avatar its the story and the action. though ive never seen it ive heard that samurai Jack tries to imitate anime action e.g. robots been cut and having there insides go everywhere
Mar 29, 2012 4:22 PM

Jan 2012
dart54 said:
Armiga21 said:
recheebts said:

Both were based off of anime. For Avatar its the story and the action. though ive never seen it ive heard that samurai Jack tries to imitate anime action e.g. robots been cut and having there insides go everywhere

Wait the story of Avatar was based off of an anime!! Are you sure? I know that the animation style is what they call "anime influenced" like Teen Titans (you know with big eyes, over exaggerated expressions, etc.), but the story, really?
Mar 29, 2012 4:24 PM
Jun 2011
dart54 said:
Both were based off of anime.

Sure, that's obvious enough, like every US action cartoons these days

For Avatar its the story and the action.

What about the story and action? The story was bad and very American, and the action was laughable because the censorship is way too tight to even call those 'anime fights'. Even Pokemon has more violent and brutal fight scenes than Avatar does. Outside that, the choreography was lame and never once did I think "Wow, this is how they fight in anime.. except without the actual physical contact, the cool cinematography, the violence, the awesome poses, the good music, etc"

though ive never seen it ive heard that samurai Jack tries to imitate anime action e.g. robots been cut and having there insides go everywhere

Since when is destroying robots an anime trait? Usually it's an American cartoon trait because of censorship and they can't hurt actual people. Robots are very common in US toons because of that censorship reason. Not so much in anime, where they exist mostly as giant mechs.

None of this makes them "anime but not animated in Japan", though. They're very American in their execution, characters, humor, style, and presentation.
Mar 29, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
dart54 said:
Armiga21 said:
recheebts said:

Wat.

This makes no sense.
Mar 29, 2012 4:35 PM

Feb 2012
I'd love to see Scooby Doo as an anime. It would be so bad but at the same time entertaining as hell.
Mar 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
MeMadScientist said:
I'd love to see Scooby Doo as an anime. It would be so bad but at the same time entertaining as hell.

I would be curious to see what that would look like.
Mar 29, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
Kirikizan said:
It's bad enough when cartoons rip off anime to begin with. Let's not encourage them -_-

Anime evolved out of a rip of Disney cartoons and french cartoons actually so that statement almost made me lawl

MeMadScientist said:

Only if they show shaggy smoking weed and have some ecchi in it
Mar 29, 2012 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
Hey, Samurai Jack was awesome! I don't think it should be changed at all; it was one of my favorites when I was kid.
Mar 29, 2012 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
The Wire or 24 would be phenomenal.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
8 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
25 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.