Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 4:38 PM

Feb 2011
Well what do you know, I was actually satisfied by the conclusion. Melancholic wouldn't be an exaggerated way to describe the ending though, but that didn't bother me as much.

I was quite surprised to see that this series ended up being so popular considering that I myself picked it up rather on a whim solely due to my impression by the main cover picture and my hunch.

I'll start off with the things that bothered me - the main one's were obviously the fact that neither the phenomenon nor Misaki's eye special powers were explained.
Also I guess that I never really managed to get in the mindset of the characters since they acted illogically at times and mostly seemed 'dead' and emotionless. Maybe it was deliberate though, or perhaps I'm just thinking too much into things. Either way - I can't say that I liked that aspect too much.

But this series wasn't really about deep characters so I can't view it as such an crucial flaw. I think that the series delivered what it meant to. It had brilliant deaths and and managed keeping the mystery atmosphere hovering constantly. And to top it off the quality was always top notch, which is something I can appreciate alot.

Sakakibara wasn't a strong main character but atleast the last couple episodes proved that he was rather brave and if nothing else - he could take a kick to the nuts quite impressively.

Well, atleast Mei was an pretty cute and iconic character. My senses tell me that this wont be the last time she would be making an appearance in the anime/manga field, if you follow me here...

Anyways, I'm giving the series an steady 8/10. An conclusion I got to is that I would've probably enjoyed watching this series in a single run rather than weekly. That might've changed my view on it for the better, but I guess that I will never know (unless my memory starts getting as bad as Sakakibara's).
Mar 26, 2012 4:47 PM
Mar 26, 2012 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
Great series. The atmosphere and animation was always amazing, and of course the suspenseful deaths.
I find it funny at the end when they put the tape away, it mentions that they should discuss the matter with all the other people so there are no regrets... well looks like there were a LOT of regrets in the death count. xD
Mar 26, 2012 4:48 PM

Jun 2011
Overall the anime was great, fantastic, and all those other adjectives that mean good. :B

The problem of the anime was that some of the deaths that occurred in this episode seem relatively retarded, I mean the boy running and than just when he was about to get out of the house, a pillar falls on him. I felt like I was watching some bloody comedy show during that part, I just forgot to laugh.

I did not feel sorry for Akizawa when she died, If Akizawa were less psychotic and rude in the last few episodes, I may have actually cried a tear or two.

I found it quite weird that Reiko's killer looked like Kouchi. o_O

Rayn3698Mar 26, 2012 5:51 PM
Mar 26, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
Overall, I think this series was a fun ride, although it very much toed the line for my suspension of disbelief at least once an episode.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Mar 26, 2012 4:51 PM

Aug 2010
Zhou said:
students walking just fine in a building ona huge fire, Misaki and Kouichi together in one moment and in the next moment she is in the backyard, both of them fine while Akazawa got pierced?

Favorite moment, Sakakibara taking his sweet time making a phone call in mist of the flames all around him.
Yeah, the cut to that scene made no sense to me. Felt like Misaki teleported.
I wanted to believe Akazawa shielded them from the glass, but I could be wrong.
Mar 26, 2012 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
I was tricked into believing Akazawa was the dead one for a second (even though I already got spoiled that it was Reiko)! It was the part where she got pierced by the glass and they showed her in a weird colour.

Anyways, I liked the explanation on how Reiko was Mikami-sensei but they didn't even look alike. Their hair colour was different too wtf... I feel like it was just sort of sudden.

At the ending when Mei said "you really want to remember forever?" I thought she was gonna kill Sakakibara. Whew. Glad the credits rolled before anything drastic happened.
Mar 26, 2012 4:56 PM

Apr 2011
... So, am I the only one who thinks that Reiko's killer looks EXACTLY like Kouichi?
Mar 26, 2012 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Akazawa gets riddled with glass and Mei and Kouichi don't, despite them standing right next to her with all that glass flying at them. Mei then somehow teleports into the backyard while Kouichi nonchalantly calls her on his cell phone as the building is burning and falling apart around him. All in a two or three minute time frame.

this-shit-ain't-logical.png

I think the level of enjoyment with this episode and the anime as a whole depends on how well you maintained your suspension of disbelief.
Mar 26, 2012 4:58 PM

Mar 2008
What anime do with Izumi was a crime.
And my dear Sanae, i never forget you, my beauty.
Mar 26, 2012 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed this show! ^^ 8/10

and OMGGGGGGGGGG at the last few seconds!!! O____O *EXPLODES*
Mar 26, 2012 5:04 PM
Jan 2010
Neph said:
Worst anime ever.

PAWorks demonstrates their talent @ making bad shows.

The main guy who forgot his memory of 18 months ago ? LOL ?
Pointless deaths, pointless dialogs...
The firsts episodes where "hey lol she has the same name as the one who died so maybe she's a ghost", ridiculous.
Then came the "i have questions but nobodys has answers episodes" and then, it became a killing spree...
No explanation about the curse...
In fact, this anime is just "there is a curse, people die, and after killing one random person, it stops" which is far less great than any fanfic I can find on the internet.

-The reason the "main guy" (aka KOUICHI SAKAKIBARA) doesn't remember what happened 18 months ago is because his memory had been modified, due to the dead person being his aunt. (Is this a spoiler? No. Because you're suppose to discuss the anime AFTER you watch the episode, right??)
-The deaths aren't pointless. It's because of the extra person in the class.
- "hey lol she has the same name as the one who died so maybe she's a ghost" Mei is picked to be the "nonexistent" student for the year, in order to prevent the deaths. Sakakibara may have assumed that she is a ghost, since the other students ignore her. And besides, the Misaki from all those years ago's FIRST NAME is Misaki. Mei Misaki's LAST NAME is Misaki.
-And of course there's an explanation for the curse. After the first Misaki died, they pretended that he was still alive. In the graduation photo, he appeared in it, and that was how class 3 became closer to death. And every year after that, there is an extra student in the class, BECAUSE of the class being closer to death, and that is what causes the students to die.

Really, it's not that difficult to understand.
Justmoe1Mar 26, 2012 5:08 PM
Mar 26, 2012 5:05 PM

Jul 2011
Anomalous1549 said:
... So, am I the only one who thinks that Reiko's killer looks EXACTLY like Kouichi?

Yep, anime you big troll, like hell Kouichi would kill his aunt. (the dead one does not count)
Mar 26, 2012 5:08 PM

Feb 2011
lackofwords said:

Favorite moment, Sakakibara taking his sweet time making a phone call in mist of the flames all around him.

this. Seriously, I think that there is a fine line where even illogical acts in an anime should be considered illogical. And that was definitely one of them, rofl.
Mar 26, 2012 5:09 PM

Sep 2010
lackofwords said:
bunnies said:
and then there's the part where the twin haired girl gets helped by him yet he doesn't remember...

In the first episode, Sakakibara doesn't even remember coming to the town 1 1/2 years ago and meeting Akazawa, and neither did she. Akazawa only recalled after some time later in the series.

It all makes sense now! Except the part for him killing her in the first place >~>
Mar 26, 2012 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
Story - 7/10
Characters - 7/10
Animation - 8/10
Sound - 7/10
Total - 8/10
Was above average, really enjoyed it.
Mar 26, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2011
bunnies said:
lackofwords said:
bunnies said:
and then there's the part where the twin haired girl gets helped by him yet he doesn't remember...

In the first episode, Sakakibara doesn't even remember coming to the town 1 1/2 years ago and meeting Akazawa, and neither did she. Akazawa only recalled after some time later in the series.

It all makes sense now! Except the part for him killing her in the first place >~>

I seriously believe making the killer look like Kouichi was just the anime being a troll to create discussion.
Mar 26, 2012 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
bunnies said:

I think the animators were just trolling when they made him look like Kouichi.

I hope so anyway because there's nothing in the series that supports that plot point at all.
Mar 26, 2012 5:17 PM

Mar 2009
8/10
Mar 26, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
piperz said:
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

same goes for me, now i feel so stupid xD
Yeah, they did pull a successful Clark Kent
Mar 26, 2012 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
EdenBaggins said:
bunnies said:
lackofwords said:
bunnies said:

I seriously believe making the killer look like Kouichi was just the anime being a troll to create discussion.
It would be pretty awesome if he did go all the way out to the country side to kill her, and then went back to Tokyo, and then back again to mourn her at the funeral. Would give his character some really messed up profile. If that were true, Sakakibara killing the"ghost" version of her would give it completely different impact.
Mar 26, 2012 5:23 PM

Aug 2011
Ending was not bad.

I enjoyed watching the show overall. It accomplished what it set out to do for me, which was to horrify and intrigue. 7/10.
Mar 26, 2012 5:24 PM

Apr 2011
EdenBaggins said:
Anomalous1549 said:

Yep, anime you big troll, like hell Kouichi would kill his aunt. (the dead one does not count)

Hey, dumbass. Have you considered that a person's personality could be altered when this phenomenon is involved, kinda like their memories? Or, maybe his personality never changed. Maybe he's just like that.
Mar 26, 2012 5:27 PM

May 2010
Kurogashi said:
hey... they changed the ending. i just looked at the last chapter in the manga and akazawa (ojou-sama) lived. wtf is this shit. -.-

she cut her hair too wtf but at least she LIVES.

One does not simply adapt the anime from manga. Am i right?

Hello there's a novel scattered at the net.
Mar 26, 2012 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
Decent enough reveal with the ambiguity in the foreshadowing; but still, shit execution upwards to the point; everything was melodramatic for the cheesy horror factor. OST was ridiculously bad, along with the characters.
Mar 26, 2012 5:29 PM

Oct 2011
OMG HIS MOTHER IT WAS HIS FRIKING MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loll like 20 people died IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!! SERISOLY I NEVER WOULD HAD GUESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO SUSPENSCFULL
Mar 26, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
Aw Man 2 out the 4 people (besides the main pairings) that i was hoping made it through this died...Akazawa you were so close ;_;,and i feel stupid for Counting out Reiko again just because i forgot she was the teacher too!.

but i honestly had to say besides all the madness which was ep 11 and the start of 12 i enjoyed this series even if it wasn't scary to some it did the atmosphere really well and it always kept me wanting to find out what happened each week,with this and Natsu over my Mondays are gonna be quite boring! 8-9/10 for me if you take out some of the silly deaths.
Mar 26, 2012 5:33 PM
Dec 2011
Great anime. Goes to my favorites :3
Anyway, this episode was nice, and lol, I kinda thought that the teacher was out of the suspects and I was almost certain that it had to be Akazawa or Mei. In fact when she died I was like, oh, i knew. But when Mei wasnt around i totally changed my mind.
And by the way, everyone seems to hate Akazawa but even though she was kinda bitchy and went crazy at the end (not as crazy as the others for me), I liked her and I found her death sad and dramatic. On the other hand Reikos' death wasnt as dramatic as Asakawa's, which surprised me a lot, I mean, having the balls to kill your aunt like that.. im speechless. He didnt even tell her Im sorry, or I love you, no, freaking SAYONARA. Anyway, as for the last minutes, im REAALLY glad Koichi's friends didnt die (dont remember the two guys' names that are always with him) and well, what can I say, I sure wanted some romance from MeixKoichi, that quite didnt happen but Im a little satisfied with the little cute things they said to each other, and how Mei smiled at him when he asked if it was over. It was gentle and cute. Actually it suits this anime genre a lot better like that. And by the way, when they were in those 10 minutes I was nervous, lol, seriously anything could happen.

Well the only thing Im being left with (and I thought was gonna be solved in this episode), is what the heck is this calamity. How can people die, and yet be walking around and not know about it. Im really confused about that and I was totally looking forward to know about it, as much as I wanted to know who the another was.
Talking about the another, I was like WHAT. when they revealed that the sensei was actually Reiko. Thats some serious. And yes, they didnt have the same seiyuus and looked almost completely different. I guess the realism found in having two seiyuus is that maybe she talked in a different tone of voice when talking as a sensei and when talking as she normally does. And for us, obviously it is for it not to be obvious that they are the same person. But cool, nice move. I never really thought about that. ever.. about knowing who the another was, as I said I had two suspects, none of them were, and I'm pleased that it actually wasnt obvious who it was (I think Asakawa was definitely a bait for us to think it was her, and it wasnt).

Overall this was an extremely enjoyable anime, I would recommend it and I give it
a 9/10, because I wanted more, but is more like a 9.5.
Ill be patiently waiting for the supposedly release of an ova in two months.. yay.
I think its gonna be fan service or something random. but still. having my hopes up for meixkoichi :3
Mar 26, 2012 5:34 PM
Jan 2012
I think it would of been cool if they showed a bit of Next Years Class 3 Experiencing the calamity but Them butting the cd into the locker is fine 2

Not really a strong finish but i don't mind.
Mar 26, 2012 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
Just "meh".
I've thought that the extra-one could be Reiko but when the story was going on a little monotone, everyone went crazy. So i started to think it should be a student we don't notice too much. And in the end, it's Reiko and actually i'm not surprised. I expected much more.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Mar 26, 2012 5:48 PM

Nov 2010
iHeartTsugumi said:

Yes, thank you, those posts are grating.. there are things to read without pictures, people.
Mar 26, 2012 5:52 PM

Dec 2011
I actually loved the episode o.o I didn't really except the extra to be reiko. That really surprised. I didn't think teachers could be counted. I like the anime overall :3
Mar 26, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2010
walpurga said:
iHeartTsugumi said:

Yes, thank you, those posts are grating.. there are things to read without pictures, people.
Has the novel ever been translated to English? I don't recall seeing it on sale anywhere in any other language besides Japanese.

E.G. http://www.amazon.co.jp/%EF%BC%A1%EF%BD%8E%EF%BD%8F%EF%BD%94%EF%BD%88%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%92%EF%BC%88%E4%B8%8A%EF%BC%89-%E8%A7%92%E5%B7%9D%E6%96%87%E5%BA%AB-%E7%B6%BE%E8%BE%BB-%E8%A1%8C%E4%BA%BA/dp/4041000017/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
Mar 26, 2012 6:15 PM

Mar 2012
Loved it, and some of the complaints on here are pretty weak, and im wondering did we even watch the same show :/. Coz this anime certainly wasnt average , when the fact that most anime is generic harems. And also saw somone commenting that the deaths were silly, or the student where stupid like wtf man its a horror what do u expect. Other people lowering score just coz they dont know how the calamity works, not everything has to be answered.
Mar 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2009
I knew it couldn't be Mei. But pie twin tail I liked her I thought she would make it.
Mar 26, 2012 6:24 PM

Mar 2011

Hey Guys, how do you like the ending?

You didn't expect the twist eh?
Mar 26, 2012 6:28 PM

Mar 2009
Okay, righto. I didn't even realise
Mar 26, 2012 6:34 PM
Feb 2011
Boring start, average middle, end filled with silly deaths. 4/10
­
Mar 26, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2009
Some minor plot holes leftover, like the glass eye.

I thought a lot of the deaths were overdramatic and the anime too unrealistic to take serious. I think the horror kind of fell flat on its face and the characters really were stupid. But I guess most characters in horror movies are dumb, which is one reason why I don't like the genre.

Anyway, this anime was better than generic harem animes, but it just didn't impress me all that much.
u2blahMar 26, 2012 6:45 PM
Mar 26, 2012 6:39 PM
Oct 2007
v3catsxanime said:
Neph said:
Worst anime ever.

The firsts episodes where "hey lol she has the same name as the one who died so maybe she's a ghost", ridiculous.
Then came the "i have questions but nobodys has answers episodes" and then, it became a killing spree...
In fact, this anime is just "there is a curse, people die, and after killing one random person, it stops" which is far less great than any fanfic I can find on the internet.

-The reason the "main guy" (aka KOUICHI SAKAKIBARA) doesn't remember what happened 18 months ago is because his memory had been modified, due to the dead person being his aunt. (Is this a spoiler? No. Because you're suppose to discuss the anime AFTER you watch the episode, right??)
- "hey lol she has the same name as the one who died so maybe she's a ghost" Mei is picked to be the "nonexistent" student for the year, in order to prevent the deaths. Sakakibara may have assumed that she is a ghost, since the other students ignore her. And besides, the Misaki from all those years ago's FIRST NAME is Misaki. Mei Misaki's LAST NAME is Misaki.
-And of course there's an explanation for the curse. After the first Misaki died, they pretended that he was still alive. In the graduation photo, he appeared in it, and that was how class 3 became closer to death. And every year after that, there is an extra student in the class, BECAUSE of the class being closer to death, and that is what causes the students to die.

- And Misaki has witnessed the murder so why hasn't her memory been erased?
- The deaths have a reason : "because the author wants it" but no purpose, they bring nothing to the story like a killer instead of a curse would have...
- The story with the name is explained later, but at first they wanted to make us think Misaki is a ghost
- Once they killed the "another" the curse could have stopped, it feels too random here. Moreover, they should just disband the class and everything would be resolved
Mar 26, 2012 6:41 PM
Oct 2007
ElPysCongroo said:
Loved it, and some of the complaints on here are pretty weak, and im wondering did we even watch the same show :/. Coz this anime certainly wasnt average , when the fact that most anime is generic harems. And also saw somone commenting that the deaths were silly, or the student where stupid like wtf man its a horror what do u expect. Other people lowering score just coz they dont know how the calamity works, not everything has to be answered.

Well, "let's put a random curse, kill people, and put a question whose answer will be given by a random guy popping out of nowhere".

Maybe YOU can't write a better story than that, but I assure you a lot of people can.
Mar 26, 2012 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
Good build up early on but towards the end it got ridiculous.

7/10
Mar 26, 2012 6:42 PM

May 2010
Neph said:
Worst anime ever.

Did we even watched the same show? or you're just plain dumb?

All of it was explained on the last episodes. You just need to read and give it a little bit of understanding(or you just can't understand everything that was said?).

Might suggest that you should rewatch the whole series.
iHeartTsugumiMar 26, 2012 6:49 PM
Mar 26, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
Without having read the manga or novel to compare it to, I thought the anime was amazing. The reveal wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, but when they did the flashbacks I saw the clues that I just didn't catch at the time.

I wanted Akazawa to live =[

Also, some people said it doesn't make sense that Sakakibara lost his memories from a year and a half before. But isn't that also part of the calamity? To believe Reiko was still alive, he obviously couldn't remember visiting the town for HER funeral. But whatever.
Mar 26, 2012 6:50 PM

Mar 2010
Neph said:
v3catsxanime said:
Neph said:
Worst anime ever.

- And Misaki has witnessed the murder so why hasn't her memory been erased?
- The deaths have a reason : "because the author wants it" but no purpose, they bring nothing to the story like a killer instead of a curse would have...
- The story with the name is explained later, but at first they wanted to make us think Misaki is a ghost
- Once they killed the "another" the curse could have stopped, it feels too random here. Moreover, they should just disband the class and everything would be resolved

- Because witnessing and just knowing are different.
- They are closer to death because there is a death person around them.
- The author deliberately shows us the perspective of the main guy.
- There was an episode that explains that, they couldn't avoid it no matter what they did.

I think you'd better go study some literature... (your knowledge common sense is far less than normal people, man, not offensive but it's true).

By the way. Another great ending of Another anime.
RythmeMar 26, 2012 7:00 PM

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Mar 26, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
Well, it was a gore fest by the end and I don't know if the subs I saw were right but I recall the white haired teacher saying that there were 7 deaths that year? what about how most of the class died on that trip? or did they miraculously survived?? maybe I just misunderstood something...

anyways that was a real twist I really didn't expect that at all O_O got me completely by surprise.

At first this anime gave me a really creepy feeling (which I totally dig) but by the end it just turned into a gore fest and kinda let me down a bit (it really delivered that desperation feeling at least) but it was still good nonetheless.
Mar 26, 2012 6:51 PM

Dec 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Also, some people said it doesn't make sense that Sakakibara lost his memories from a year and a half before. But isn't that also part of the calamity? To believe Reiko was still alive, he obviously couldn't remember visiting the town for HER funeral. But whatever.

Yes. It was mentioned by the teacher that memories get altered to suit the curse. Memories are not reliable for finding the "extra" hence why I thought most of the characters going on killing spree were retarded.
Mar 26, 2012 6:52 PM

May 2011
Excellent short series

9/10
Mar 26, 2012 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
ElPysCongroo said:

Yes there are some trolls on here but I find some of the complaints pretty legitimate. And NO it is NOT a FACT that most anime is generic harems lol. Now you're defense of Another is weak. Just look at the line-up for just THIS current season. There's only 2 anime out of the 25+ anime that aired that could qualify as a "generic harem" (Highschool DXD and Zero No Tsukaima). So yeah callin BS on that one.
Mar 26, 2012 6:57 PM

Aug 2011
This sure was something different from what I usually watch, but hell. I don't regret it a single bit! Being dead wasn't enough, you had to be burned to crisp to, not an anime you'd watch everyday. Even some of the deaths was just sadistic.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.