Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2012 7:06 AM
Dec 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter 70 is here and its a good one. The chapter opens with Misaki playing her usual role of Demon President hasseling some male student over apperance and such but softens the mood with a comment on her more frequent ocurring smiles. This most definately had something to do with a certain perverted alien. The same perveted alien other wise known as Usui phones our Misaki to inquier as to the color of her panties. Although 'annoyed' she dosn't hang up. At first i thought the author was just reminding us what was going on in theese two's lives but now after reading the chapter i wonder is a knew issue from a unforseen direcretion going to interupt all this springtime of youth happyness?
Nahhhh. Probably not since he seems like the dotting father type, deffinatly useless and he dosn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to meddling, in fact i think misaki is going to beat him next issue. We also saw the three idiots coming to the cafe unsure at first of the plush cosplay but enjoying themselves soon enough. Suzuna and hinata coming together the cafe was awesome. I love her charracter, hinata never had a chance she'll feed him into proposing to her before the manga is over i know it. For now Her knowledge of food and aparently flawless memory of cooking styles was all it took to expose Papa san who had donned a wolf's head to hide from Misaki earlier. Who would of guest that the weiry bearded world traveler who happen to stumble upon the maid cafe and took the job of kitchen help would be the Ayuzawa girl's father. Actually i called it as soon as he showed up it just made sence. I'm sure any one who reads alot of manga probably called too.

So what is going to happen now? And yes Usui, Why dosn't he get a better paying job given his cooking talents? And where the heck has he been all this time? Does he know how much his abbandoning his family has effected evryone? One of his daughters spends her time bargain hunting or filling out contest forms so that she can help her sister in providing for thier near destitute family instead of doing what normal 15 or 16 year old girls do. The other one works herself hard at a part time job and school just to keep the family afloat and you can't tell me her harsh treatment of male students dosn't go back to daddy issues. Why if it wasn't for Usui she might not have trusted another man in her life. Will we see the answers to theese and many other questions in the next chapter? hopefully
thisguy2011Mar 26, 2012 7:19 AM
Mar 26, 2012 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
Mar 26, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
Whoa I knew it!! I wonder how Misaki will react!!
Apr 12, 2012 7:23 AM
Dec 2011
wow it is 69 i dont know how i did that i guess i clicked on the wrong chapter
Apr 13, 2012 6:05 PM

Oct 2011
Ch 70 will be released around April 26st, I think...
Apr 25, 2012 5:28 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 30, 2012 11:01 PM
Apr 2012
Loved it! The story about his disappearance was quite strange tho. THAT is so cute how misaki would have hit him before, but since she met usui.. *dissolves into fangirl screaming*
Awh, usui has a compassionate heart, he even shows sympathy to her dad. misaki was about to hit her dad again then usui grabbed her in alarm and he had the most cutest expression on his face that she stopped <3 <3 <3
Apr 30, 2012 11:29 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
This didn't really go the direction I wanted it to go... The silly cooking competition wasn't needed in my opinion.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Apr 30, 2012 11:35 PM

Jun 2010
It didn't really go the way I expected it to go. Like that ^ person said. If Misaki cried, then probably I would've lost it too. It needed more of an emotional impact. It had everything, but it just didn't have that final blow. The father's story was sad.

May 1, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2011
Damn, I knew Sakkun has good intention towards Misa's family!

and LOL at the ending.
May 1, 2012 3:04 AM

Feb 2012
I really like Sakkun, a good addition to the cast and that last panel was hilarious.

I knew she wanted to punch him, damn you Takkun for changing her mind haha
ZhouMay 12, 2012 1:14 PM
May 1, 2012 4:11 AM

Apr 2012
I really wanted to know what color her underwear was too.
May 1, 2012 7:35 AM

Dec 2007
This has to be the most ridiculous plot twist ever seen in history. It would even make M. Night Shyamalan feel embarrassed.
I mean, come one, he shouldered his best friend's debt? No, his family did.
undead_blopaMay 1, 2012 7:40 AM
May 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Dec 2011
Not one of my favourite chapters.
I'm actually quite confused. I liked the manga when it had a straight storyline, and no stupid plot twists.

Hopefully, the story will get back to its normal style.
May 1, 2012 6:55 PM
Mar 2012
i really didnt like it. i mean i didnt hate it guess it was an ok chapter. but that was it; ok. there were alot of things not needed such as the dumb ass cooking contest to display even more of usui's perfection! ugh! I also didnt like the way they threw a whole story in our faces about misaki's father. You know from reading this chapter, you could tell misaki got no kind of charcter developement WHAT SO EVA. She still makes fits and acts well... immature. I mean she met usui and crap right? so isnt she supposed to change in a good way? Whatever this manga is turning into bullshit. Xuse' me for my french lol.
May 2, 2012 11:05 PM

Oct 2009
What a poor excuse to try and bring the father back while spinning it in a way that attempts to make him look like a good guy while he leaves his family in debt. what garbage. if the father really wanted look good he should have opened a new sushi shop and payed back his family for all the crap he put them through for who knows how many years. it wouldn't atone him but it would be something. that sob story was just awful.

Seems like an unnecessary addition to the cast as well. we already have a rather pathetic character in Shintani, we really didn't need another.

Seemed kinda ranty but i really hope this series goes back to its usual Usui x Misa awesomeness.
May 3, 2012 6:15 AM

Aug 2007
Nice chapter. I really like. Now Im feeling hungry. All the food that Usui and Misa's father looks delicious.
May 10, 2012 5:20 AM
Sep 2011
Bruteuus said:
What a poor excuse to try and bring the father back while spinning it in a way that attempts to make him look like a good guy while he leaves his family in debt. what garbage. if the father really wanted look good he should have opened a new sushi shop and payed back his family for all the crap he put them through for who knows how many years. it wouldn't atone him but it would be something. that sob story was just awful.

Seems like an unnecessary addition to the cast as well. we already have a rather pathetic character in Shintani, we really didn't need another.

Seemed kinda ranty but i really hope this series goes back to its usual Usui x Misa awesomeness.

I agree. I did want to know what happened to their father but... really it makes me mad how the mangaka is trying to spin it so he is a good guy. I mean seriously it wasn't even HIS debt that he left them with? it was his friends? WTF. of course misa would be confused by her feelings i mean he is her dad. but idk i think he should appear in the story less than
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
May 16, 2012 6:42 AM

Nov 2007
LOLOLOLOL. SUPER NICE CHAPTER. Really., the way they treat their father/husband is realllllly funny until the end. Hahahaahahahha.
Jan 12, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing chapter! Although, like others, I think the whole Father issue wouldv'e been better had the mangaka made it a more emotional problem. Gotta admit, I was looking forward to something epic that would happen (like Misaki crying for example) :/ Well, loved the part where Misaki is about to hit her father but Usui grabs her hand! Showed how Misaki and Usui's relationship has grown^^

Well, off to read the next chapters~
Mar 25, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 2010
Bruteuus said:

Completely agree. The characters all forgave him way to easily.
Also, anyone else think the manager was meddling way to much by hiring him in the first place?
-Tyrael-Mar 25, 2013 1:25 PM
Nov 15, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
So that was his reasons.
At this time they're just teasing him :3
Jan 24, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Papa-san, it's hard to be forgiven by tsunderes T.T
But yeah, it was a good emotive chapter, especially when the mom said : ''But as a father, he cannot be forgiven no matter what the reason he may have from leaving his children behind.''
Yeah, those scars will take long to heal :'(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2019 4:59 AM

Jan 2019
Not that good of a reason ... Really a friends debt.
Sep 16, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2020
Então o pai dela não é um desgraçado... só um idiota, um burro e um tolo. Eu espero que eles procurem aprofundar essa relação, é um bom personagem e vai tornar os capítulos mais divertidos, mas como desfecho isso foi decepcionante e um pouco distante da realidade. Não era o que eu esperava, mas pelo menos temos um cozinheiro novo, YEY (eu acho)!

//

So her father is not a bastard ... just an idiot, a donkey and a fool. I hope they try to deepen this relationship, he is a good character and will make the chapters more fun, but the outcome of the story was disappointing and a little distant from reality. It was not what I expected, but at least we have a new cook, YEY (I guess)!

(Sorry for potato english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 11, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 2020
-Tyrael- said:
Bruteuus said:

Completely agree. The characters all forgave him way to easily.
Also, anyone else think the manager was meddling way to much by hiring him in the first place?

ALL OF THIS.

I also hated that Misaki was accepting to let her dad work at Maid Cafe as if her character completely forgot why she hated men to begin with. All of that just went out the window. If this was back in earlier chapters, Misaki would’ve gone ape shit and took her anger out on her father. Like, I get Usui is making her soft with some situations, but her angry reaction is what we needed for this situation. All that resentment she had built up is now diminished. This plot is understandably crucial to the story, but god, the way this is being handled is just disgraceful, and Misaki’s character development is now questionable.

Also, Misaki’s mom wasn’t much better either. To tell her daughters that their dad didn’t care about the family and basically influenced them to hate their dad, is just as bad as him leaving. If the mom really believed that they had a strong marriage with great communication and understanding, she should’ve told Misaki and Suzuna the truth, with indication that they will not know if their dad will ever return, instead of getting their hopes up.

In real life, it’s already bad enough to coach your own children to hate their own parent (and trust me, I experienced this first hand). So yeah, in conclusion both parents fucked up in this case.
azenobioSep 26, 2022 5:06 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

81 by James_xeno »»
Jul 5, 2023 7:59 PM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.