Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
After taking all that trouble, letting them go is retarded.
Nov 1, 2012 5:09 PM
Aug 2007
nahhh, good move... hopefully they've learnt their lesson..
Jul 6, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2008
Brilliantly done. I highly doubt they'll ever mess with him again.
Nov 10, 2014 1:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like a boss. Now he just needs to get laid.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2015 3:38 PM

Mar 2013
Farabeuf said:
Now he just needs to get laid.

This. But knowing Kurosawa, it's impossible
May 16, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2016
one of the best chapters so far.
:v
Apr 7, 2019 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
I've been reading one chapter a day with my friend until now but I decided to take in 64 and 65 in one go strategically because, I had to. The first chapter went by quicker than any other chapter for me and didn't leave me much to speculate. Instead it was the thrill of the situation that overwhelmed me. I said before that Kurosawa takes some notes from Kaiji(or.. vice versa?) in which Kurosawa loses more than or just as much as he wins so his wins feel deserved and satisfying as all heck. When Kenshiro wins you expect it and it's funny and cool but not satisfying. When Kurosawa gets beaten and chased by a gang of brats for an arc and he finally comes out on top by putting them in a similar situation as his first beat down yet still has the moral high ground to not intend to kill after everything he's been through, that's true satisfaction. He even got a crowd on his side after seeing a man so meticulously take out the thugs that were scaring them without even resorting to extraneous violence. So, I can't assume they called the police either and if they did the people would defend him. This was like the best win he's had yet!

That said, the plan was genius. Too genius. This was not the luck of straightforwardly thinking a few good steps ahead. This was creating a genius plan in moments and even bringing that light along with them. This felt so out of character for Kurosawa. Not the brutality or composure, he's learned to act in these ways and he's even learned to take an active role before hitting rock bottom. Yet the sheer intellect that was on par with a genius character in another manga is the out of character part for me. I could argue the net in the dark was some lucky and quick planning from his rash head but to take this multi step plan of:
  • Convince manager to turn off lights.
  • Throw net on kids.
  • Beat them a little to scare them from moving.
  • Make them lock arms to prevent further movement.
  • Set up a light and take photos.
  • Take their phones, label them, call their histories to find their names and write them down.
  • Use the locked arms to scare the hell out of one of the kids and truly make him think he's going to die like Kurosawa felt that one time.
  • Use all of this to make them know he's a real threat and not be able to risk coming after him in any form ever again as they'd need the conviction of being willing to die to do so.

It's like absurdly advanced and amazing and if you ask me that was out of nowhere for Kurosawa. It feels so not him. He had limited time to do this and it was brilliant. Maybe it could be explained by something, I don't know...

But, it felt so GOOD that I don't really care. There is no plausible way for these kids to come at him again after this and he went farther than I had anticipated. I had even wondered if he intended to kill them like a samurai at first. Instead, he went farther than scaring them, he made sure that they couldn't escape and if even a single crony tried to attack him any time in the future he forced them to take responsibility for it. This is like some Light Yagami or Kaiji Itou stuff!!!!

I loved the look on the kids face when he wasn't even sure if he died or not. That moment after thinking he was dead while his friends held him still was amazingly portrayed. Only for him to break down a moment later. Wow... This is a traumatizing event that may NEVER leave these kids in their entire lives. I still remember a time when some drunk old lady broke into my backyard and scared me and my friends on my birthday and this is infinitely worse than that. But there's a sick sense of pleasure out of seeing Kurosawa come on top against these psychopathic gremlins. I can excuse the mental scars they got from this and say those nerds deserved it...

Shoutout to Sakaguchi. He was so onboard with this and he was able to crawl over those kids without question. Kurosawa and Sakaguchi seeing the Kurosawa faction on the way out should be funny!
Aug 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Oct 2019
This chapter was so goddamn satisfactory!!
Oct 17, 2021 12:20 PM
Oct 2009
He did his best.
What more can we ask of anyone?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by burningjustice »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.