Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 12:58 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It looks like Kurosawa's gonna lose but who knows.
Feb 20, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2016
"Even though a part of me wants to run away, I'm still going to fight!" was a very cool line.

It's charming how we've been almost totally left outside of Kurosawa's mind recently. His fans are totally an audience surrogate, where we're left to wonder why he's doing the things he's doing and behaving in the way he's behaving they are speculating on it just like we are. Is he like a calm swordsman or a depressed man acting out of duty!?

Sadly, it seems to me that Kurosawa is truly acting out of duty. Like, he hit such a low point that if he backs out of his word now he will hit rock bottom like he had mentioned before. We've seen him act on duty for work too where he had a fever and nearly killed himself without even talking back. I feel we can see the same behavior here again, he's a man of his word, and his call for his humanity, to feel alive, has become a necessity and something as meaningless as the monotony he wants to escape. I hope he can find some determination like the kid wants him to.

I feel like Kurosawa washed up to get the nervous sweat off of him and only ate the sushi because he didn't think he deserved the fancy food. My first thought which probably still has a lot of truth to it was that he bought the new outfit expecting it to get destroyed. However, seeing him look like an oversized kid makes me think he got it to half blend in with the students!

Some smaller things:
I found it charming that the delinquent kids all wore their uniforms to different degrees of openness signifying their badassery.

And I think the truant family kid is Kurosawa's actual biggest fan. Nakatani is relying on Kurosawa, if Kurosawa can fight so can he, but because of that it, to me, feels as though he's using Kurosawa. The kid however seems to actually admire a part of Kurosawa past desperation, and worries about him as a person. Maybe this is going too far but it's some vibes I got from them.
Feb 14, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
wtf why am i supporting some 40-year-old dude who is waiting at a high school gate to beat the shit out of some teenagers

i fucking love these series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by burningjustice »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.