Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WOW!

I am moved. I am flabbergasted. And I'm glad I watched this show. Sugar leaving was like a child leaving their parents. What's even sadder is Saga experiencing the fairy magic world and then never seeing them again.

I think the first 8 episodes were a little slow but it's still a great show. 10/10. This episode also concluded well what happened in the very first episode. You finally know why Saga was laying on the snow in episode 1.

Greta is still funny. Everyone still don't take her rivalry announces seriously and her intention backfiring was always funny.

Saga will be a great mother.
KinetaOct 18, 2012 12:16 AM
Dec 20, 2012 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
This was the best anime I have ever watched. I don't regret anything. I can't stop tearing. It was amazing that now everything has gone great and I hope they say each other again soon. 10/10
Jun 23, 2013 12:28 AM

Feb 2010
Omg when sugar disappeared Q^Q I cried. Noooo sugar! Saga will be lonely. I hate endings when in the end the characters say goodbye. Those are the ones that make me super sad. I feel like saga is gonna miss her forever. It was really sweet and cute tho.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jul 15, 2013 5:02 AM
Jul 2013
when she left i was like "Cry cry cry cry"
Aug 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
Couldn't cry though.

Good anime overall. Consistent.
Would have liked a couple more scenes with Greta towards the end with her becoming friends with Saga.
Oct 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
Decent series overall, and very cute.
And I must say that this ending was handled very well and maturely. So well in fact that I'm hesitant about watching the specials since apparently it's a sequel..
Feb 12, 2014 2:44 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending for this series and well I must say for a kids anime I didn't expect it to be this dramatic, although this anime rather disappointed me as I expected it to be a bit better in terms of overall development. In general I did like it and wonder what the specials will offer but well I couldn't totally enjoy it. 6/10
Jan 30, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
It was pretty good but mostly annoying (lol). These last 4 episodes were definitely the best part and the finale was quite heartwarming. Let's hope the specials don't mess it up!

May 19, 2015 2:39 PM
Jul 2009
Really good show. So cute, funny, and yet sad at some points. There were definitely some episodes that were a little boring and inconsequential (the one with the turtle for instance) but all together it was a very nice show. The English dub is pretty good though there are some weird pauses in the middle of sentences that could have probably been avoided. 8/10

Ack! The playlist I was using put the last special episode as the last episode of the series. Then I went and watched the specials and got angry that it was the same episode derp! The real last episode was great though. The specials were cute too!
nyanbinaryMay 19, 2015 3:39 PM
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jan 17, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
Not sure how I feel about this. Saga mopes around for a while, working herself to the bone, people feel sorry for her and try to giver her the piano. She says nah, and then she gets it anyway. As a whole the series felt poorly focused too. The majority of the series was about fairy problems, but the last four or so episodes were mostly about human problems, so there was almost no payoff even when Sugar and her friends had their flowers bloom. If the series really wanted to be about Saga's growth then it should have included more human scenes, in my opinion. Not enough Greta either.

Whatever, it was still super cute and Sugar leaving was sad as fuck.
Nov 13, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2020
The moment, when Sugar left, was so sad and heart-wrenching... :´( I feel so empty right now... For me this was one of the most touching farewells ever.

Overall, this was an ok show, but nothing amazing, though. Sugar's cuteness and her bond with Saga were things that carried the whole show. I also liked Pepper, Salt and Greta. They were a very funny characters.

The opening song "Sugar Baby Love" is originally performed by The Rubettes, but I think this Japanese cover is better. I really love it.

Final score: 7/10

SerafosDec 6, 2021 1:55 PM
Jun 3, 2023 11:43 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Why it's ended like that, i really not fond of this kind of ending it's hit right to my feel whyyyyyyy ?
But overall it's was really soothing anime and i really enjoying it, ready to give it 8 but the ending hit me hard so 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiccha na Yukitsukai Sugar Episode 20 Discussion

Mika_Inamori - Mar 23, 2012

6 by 3miL »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » Chiccha na Yukitsukai Sugar Episode 12 Discussion

Mika_Inamori - Mar 22, 2012

6 by 3miL »»
Jan 15, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Chiccha na Yukitsukai Sugar Episode 6 Discussion

Mika_Inamori - Mar 21, 2012

8 by 3miL »»
Jan 12, 2023 8:34 AM

» It's been 20 years since this anime ended

Lavenlar - Apr 13, 2022

1 by 3miL »»
Jan 12, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar Episode 17 Discussion

Guitarplayer20 - Dec 18, 2012

6 by Fronzel »»
Nov 17, 2021 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.