Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion

Jul 13, 2013 6:10 PM
Another Slowpoke here. Just finished watching this. Love how they played that song again at the end. It's my favourite one. Brings up the nostalgia.

The ending wasn't bad (finally got to see them kiss) but this season as a whole felt a little confusing at times, with so many new characters and explanations.

I feel kinda sad when thinking about the friends and parents Yuji leaves behind. I wish he would've at least explained things to his parents and had a proper goodbye. I'll also miss Dantalion and Sydonay. They were cool dudes. Overall, to me, it was a bittersweet ending.

Aug 8, 2013 2:16 PM
O boy, I really wish I could enjoy Final like most of you did. I'm honestly jealous. To me the season felt totally unconnected to the previous seasons. The end was confusing like the rest of the season. They fight the whole season and suddenly everybody was like: Ah cool let's go to a planet where the enemy lives which we fought for centuries. And Yuuji couldn't be together with Shana because he achieved his goal which he had fought for to be with Shana. Yes this sentence makes no sense as the story. And why do Shana and Yuuji need to go to Xanadu? I could go on and on. There was so much random stuff, loopholes and strange unlogic behaviour that I just couldn't bring myself to like it. The only good thing about this end was that Yuuji and Shana kiss and are finally together. I wish could erase the rest from my brain.

Aug 12, 2013 3:18 PM

My thoughts on Shakugan no Shana as a whole. It's my first review, so yea, hope it's good.

Sep 9, 2013 8:50 AM

Finally it is over! I really loved Shana S1/2 and OVA's but honestly for me this season was horrible, the whole war was pretty dam annoying and so many more complaints about the characters, i had to force myself to watch it...but i did really enjoy the last 2 episodes they alone somewhat was redeeming for me. They finally kiss and the way it was done was perfect and we get to see Shana's tsundere again; Urusai, urusai, urusai, urusai~!

I was honestly dissappointed by this season, i was waiting for this since season 2 ended and the OVA's were great too but the ending itself was satisfying..a bit of a epilogue would have been nice though :/

6/10, 5 if it weren't for the ending :P

Sep 15, 2013 3:12 PM

NOOOO Metamorphosis why did he die he was like the most badass character.
God Dangit this feeling again it hurts when you finish an awesome anime and the anime says its Final :( and the battle was so awesome Yuji Riding Metamorphosis and Shana Riding Margery its was a badass battle :D

This Feeling it hurts :( it hurts alot :(

Sep 29, 2013 12:51 PM
CEO of LDTF

I just wanted to say from start to finish, I hated Yuji's goddamn guts. This very season made my hate for him stronger than ever. I wish Shana would of killed him. I don't think I've ever wanted to see NTR(Shana and someone else) as much as I did during this Anime. Yuji is a scumbag. I hate him. HATE HATE HATE!
Proud supporter of the anti-piracy movement. Do NOT pirate Anime/manga! No torrents, illegal streams, or P2P downloading! Respect the industry, only contribute to the industry. BUY ANIME!

Sep 29, 2013 7:32 PM

Great ending. Season 3 was the best for me out of the other seasons, and the ending was fantastic. The episode deserves a 5/5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 6, 2013 5:54 AM
This anime has so many flaws I don't even know what to start with. At least the music is nice.

Oct 30, 2013 4:04 PM

to people who think this fight was pointless & they should have talked things trough, Flame-haze leaders & Flame-hazes are religious & they believe what their bible say's, & if it say's that the snake god is Evil they believe it & wont listen to reason, sins when have religious people listened to reason? never, they still believe that Adam & Eave Ferry-tail & some religions refuse medical help, they rather die then go to doctor or get medicine, & Flame-hazes are not much different, also religious group, so negotiations between them & Flame-hazes would have been impossible

well i was surprised cause this anime's this season made me root for the Villain's LOL. i have never rooted for Villains in animes & movies before in my life :D

BDW I like how it ended

Modified by Sugram22, Nov 2, 2013 7:31 AM

Nov 3, 2013 3:26 PM

i'm just kinda glad yugi got his own body back... it was just weird seeing a long haired pony tailed bad guy (don't we have enough of those).

would have liked more of an ending with those two than holding hands, i kept expecting her to say "i love you" and yugi to smile and go "what did you say"

then a blinding flas..

wait that was the end of season 1 ... ...

still not happy at the ending of season 2 though... i mean seeing Shana's face light up, then season 3 starts and it just goes in a weird route... i guess if Yugi didn't go ahead with his plan it'd have been a never ending war. he saved more lives than he killed and he still has this "i need this as punishment" he says to a girl who probably has killed and seen more humans die than the worst killers in history.

In other words - pony tails are evil on a male.

stick with short hair. also the way Shana eyerolled him, "you should have said that in the first place". he should have back in S3 episode 4, when he was getting kinda controlly rapey with shana (i'll knock you out as you won't go with me, to take you to the evil castle, where no one can find you and then grab you on the bed as you won't say nice things to me) - it was kinda creepy

Nov 6, 2013 2:53 PM

@deplorable i agree with u about Yuuji, short hair looks better on him :D, i also like the sanke god, hes not bad/evil, & hes words to Yuuji in the end were funny :D

Nov 6, 2013 2:59 PM

Lolicon said:
I just wanted to say from start to finish, I hated Yuji's goddamn guts. This very season made my hate for him stronger than ever. I wish Shana would of killed him. I don't think I've ever wanted to see NTR(Shana and someone else) as much as I did during this Anime. Yuji is a scumbag. I hate him. HATE HATE HATE!

well then i guess u stand alone with that hate HaHaHa LOL
if u ton't understand him that's ur problem
well i like how the anime ended

Nov 11, 2013 8:01 PM
Wow...I don't really know what to say. This season was just so bad...They took everything that was established in the first two seasons and threw it out the window, leaving us with this other-worldly action/fantasy that is nothing at all what one would (or should) expect from the show.

Seriously, it feels like they were planning a new show or something. Rather than try to come up with a new plotline or cast, They just said "screw all that work, lets just throw the characters from SnS in it and loosely tie its story to it!"

Even then it falls over itself. I actually laughed when the flame-haze started going nuts simply because it made no sense at all. The show clearly states that they started going insane because they lost their "sense of purpose". So that calls into question what the purpose of the flame-haze is. Unless I was confused, their purpose was to protect humans by hunting and eliminating crimson denizens that devoured their souls. So one would conclude that the best and most absolute way to fulfill that purpose would be to completely eliminate the possibility of their being devoured at all.

So now that your groups goal has finally been realized, you go nuts? Lol, go home SnS, you're drunk.
Modified by ExtendedRenegade, Nov 12, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 12, 2013 3:42 PM

ExtendedRenegade said:
Wow...I don't really know what to say. This season was just so bad...They took everything that was established in the first two seasons and threw it out the window, leaving us with this other-worldly action/fantasy that is nothing at all what one would (or should) expect from the show.

Seriously, it feels like they were planning a new show or something. Rather than try to come up with a new plotline or cast, They just said "screw all that work, lets just throw the characters from SnS in it and loosely tie its story to it!"

Even then it falls over itself. I actually laughed when the flame-haze started going nuts simply because it made no sense at all. The show clearly states that they started going insane because they lost their "sense of purpose". So that calls into question what the purpose of the flame-haze is. Unless I was confused, their purpose was to protect humans by hunting and eliminating crimson denizens that devoured their souls. So one would conclude that the best and most absolute way to fulfill that purpose would be to completely eliminate the possibility of their being devoured at all.

So now that your groups goal has finally been realized, you go nuts? Lol, go home SnS, you're drunk.

well it was good ending but i agree with u, ending should have been like this, they find a way to peace with denesins in this world, a way to coexist, but this gives me a feeling like they'r planing a new action fantasy adventure romance series like this 1, but in the new world xanadus, so that approach was kind of dumb if they ton't want to do series about Xanadus

Nov 13, 2013 6:39 AM
Sugram22 said:
well it was good ending but i agree with u, ending should have been like this, they find a way to peace with denesins in this world, a way to coexist, but this gives me a feeling like they'r planing a new action fantasy adventure romance series like this 1, but in the new world xanadus, so that approach was kind of dumb if they ton't want to do series about Xanadus

I'll go on record to say that the end result of the series is basically fine. Shana and Yuji are finally together, the denizens will no longer devour human existance, and they hint that in the future travel between Xanadu and the human world will eventually be possible, so it's not as though the cast will never be able to see each other again. It's a "good" ending in the sense that it's a happy one (though I'll never be happy about Yuji+Shana; I was rooting for Yoshida all three seasons).

My problem is how they presented it. The first two seasons established that the majority of the series took place in the human world, Misaki City to be precise.The crimson world was only really used as a relatively safe zone for the bouts between the flame-haze and crimson denizens. In fact, even when we're taken inside the crimson world, we were reminded of the fact that we're still looking at the city, just while in the crimson world time appears to stop. All of that was done to reinforce the idea that Misaki City is an important place in the universe of the show. It holds a special place in both Yuji and Shana's heart, it's where the majority of the human cast is from, and it's a hot-spot for feeding denizens.

In all honesty, they did a fantastic job of forming a connection between the viewer and the city, particularly in the second season. So after all the effort that was put into making the audiance fall in love with Misaki City, it's a good idea for the finale to hardly even show it, instead having everything take place in some sci-fi/fantasy castle/city?

And then there's the characters. Say what you want about the second season of the show, but there's no denying that a lot more work was put towards character development. They took some of the more or less "minor" characters in the first season, and managed to elevate them to a much higher role in the plot. Satou and Tanaka are both perfect examples of that. First season they felt like little lapdogs that almost blindly followed Margery around. In the second season they actually took on identities of their own. Even Yuji and Shana were improved upon, with Yuji showing much more strength and resolve, and Shana becoming much more personable.

Once again, in the third season that all disappears. The minor characters that were developed so well in the second season are all but discarded; their relatively short appearances feeling forced, almost like they were nothing more than a loose end that needed to be quickly taken care of. Shana suddenly reverts to the single-minded hard ass that she was in the first season, and Yuji...well Yuji is now borderline insane, over-emotional jerk with a split personality.

If they had eased us into all this change, perhaps as the final plot arc of the second season, it may have been a little easier to swallow, but they didn't. Instead, we literally went from Yuji taking one last look at Shana during Christmas to him kidnapping her...just...wtf.
Modified by ExtendedRenegade, Nov 14, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 14, 2013 7:20 AM

Great ending, and I am simply amazed that Yuji brought it back to Hirai, that felt so perfect. Man when the original theme started playing I just smiled.

The first arc got me hooked, season 2 really wasn't all that great but man season 3 just going all grey with all the characters(except Yuji) really dragged it up.

I will watch the movie, and there is still Shana-chan but this is just about the perfect way to end the story.
My anime list

Dec 6, 2013 12:30 PM
Well the ending was better than I thought it'd be! And they finally kiss, it was cute even though it was expected!

But I really wonder about Yuji and Shana not staying in Misaki city. The way I see it he's leaving Misaki city as punishment for his actions (the fact that he wants to help the new world seems like an excuse to me). He should've stayed ;_;

Oh well, hopefully Margery can handle all the remaining tomogara by herself.

Dec 10, 2013 1:34 PM

Season 1 was addictive. Season 2 was entertaining. Season 3 was a disaster (for me).

It's only redeeming features were 1. the score (which was fantastic throughout) and 2. the two minutes of tenderness shared between the makeup(less) Marjorie Daw and Keisaku, which frankly made Shana and Yuji's 30sec ending "confession/kiss" look like a joke. They went from a character driven series (sort of) to one with legions of Flame Haze/Denizens no one cares about, nonsensical fight scenes beyond number, plot holes galore, and a TERRIBLE script. The final lover's quarrel/battle (pointless) had me double facepalming all the way through with those lines. Even Hollywood could have done better LOL. By the end I couldn't even appreciate the fantastic song playing in the credits. Another series with enormous potential ruined by it's final season. Felt the same way about Darker Than Black...
Modified by Gymkata, Dec 10, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 10, 2013 1:38 PM
Proust said:
Season 1 was addictive. Season 2 was entertaining. Season 3 was a disaster (for me).

It's only redeeming features were 1. the score (which was fantastic throughout) and 2. the two minutes of tenderness shared between the makeup(less) Marjorie Daw and Keisaku, which frankly made Shana and Yuji's 30sec ending "confession/kiss" look like a joke. They went from a character driven series (sort of) to one with legions of characters no one cares about, nonsensical fight scenes beyond number, plot holes galore, and a TERRIBLE script. The final lover's quarrel/battle (pointless) had me double facepalming all the way through. Even Hollywood could have done better LOL.

I have to agree and disagree. I really like the third season (the beginning was exciting) but at the same time I also really dislike it too. I dislike it mainly for the reasons you've mentioned.

By the end I couldn't even appreciate the fantastic song playing in the credits. Another series with enormous potential ruined by it's final season. Felt the same way about Darker Than Black.
I am now wary of watching the third season of Darker than Black :S

Dec 10, 2013 1:55 PM

I am now wary of watching the third season of Darker than Black :S

Yeah...that's the one where he heads off to Russia if I'm not mistaken. To say that was a letdown considering the potential displayed by the first season would be the understatement of the century. However, I really liked Kuro no Keiyakusha and those two episodes that explore Yin's background in the second season (lovely piano piece).

Agreed about the beginning of SNS III. Found the first few episodes much more tolerable than the last ones.

Dec 16, 2013 3:48 AM

I didnt like this season all the way through until the last episode, that ending... man

If anyone is looking for a good cliffhanger, then just stop at the end of Shakugan no Shana Second. Season 3 (Final) is a little patchy and vague in places I found but that final episode made it worth it.

Dec 16, 2013 6:55 PM

What a disappointment...I really loved the first two seasons, but this whole season was a chore to watch. The tone of it totally shifted for the worse and the plot was lazy (so many times it felt as if every defeat or victory in the war was undone with a 'I was planning on that' or 'our backup plan worked', for no other reason but to draw out the fighting). I honestly think the whole arc of the season probably could've been done in about 6 episodes, leaving room for the needed development leading up to Yuji's decision to join forces with the Snake of the Festival. If they did that I could've taken it much more easily, but as it stands, III really let this show down.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that

Dec 20, 2013 10:57 PM
Mixed feelings here with season 3.

On one hand, I was positively annoyed about 1 minute into episode 1 when it was revealed that Yuji took off and left them both. The annoying factor continued when they introduced him as having joined sides with Bal Masque (joined with Snake of the Festival) and he continued being the super villain for 23 episodes. Could he not have had a crisis of conscience for like maybe 4-6 episodes? Wouldn't it have been nice to see a few lighthearted episodes interspersed throughout the season?

On the other hand episode 24 was nice, and I loved seeing them finally kiss. Did not like seeing them take off for Xanadu, I feel this was totally unnecessary as was Wilhelmina taking the newborn baby of Phelus and Johan there. What was the point of Yuji getting all bent at them altering the creation of Xanadu via changing the program (only asking of one "stipulation") when it was something he had intended on anyways? That made little sense to me.....was his pride so great that he would rather have them continuing to kill each other over something he wanted anyways and rejecting it because it was not being chosen via free will?

All said I give the season an 8/10...same I gave season 2, if not for the last episode it would have been a 5 or 6/10.

Dec 23, 2013 6:52 PM
hey guys I got a question. in the light novel, did yuji and shana have children? if I'm bot mistaken somebody said it was in the epilogue of Vol. 22
thanks for the reply. =)

Dec 25, 2013 8:10 PM

I never really liked the first two seasons since I found the SoL episodes extremely boring to watch. Also the main male character Yuji was detestable as well, since he'd be screaming whenever there's something frightening. He was basically useless. Yoshida was quite the bother as well. The only parts of the story that I would say were good would be the battles. Also felt forced pushing out one arc after another with different bosses for each one.

Followed by the 4 special episodes, which I really liked. It showed me comedy, which was inexistent in the first two seasons as well as a sad and touching story which made me care for the characters involved.

Then comes season 3, what a huge mess this was, but at least it kept me watching. So starting with the good.
Yuji isn't a pussy anymore and wanted to correct the crazy reality he lived in by proposing a plan to bring all the crimsons into an alternate world. This way he'll be able to protect the one he loves and everyone else. There'd be no more needless fights between haze and tomogara, there will be peace all around the world. I thought this was an excellent plan, agreed 100% with it.
When Yuji asked Yoshida for help, she listens to his plan and offers her help. This made her seem much more understanding than Shana. I actually wanted Yoshida to end up with Yuji at that moment.
The OST was very good.
Sato and Margery's development was great, finally returning each other's feelings.
The ending fight between Shana and Yuji was wonderful to watch. Didn't really understand how he just changed from wanting to punish himself so badly to deciding to be with Shana so quickly.

Now for the bad.
There was no explanation in the beginning of why Yuji joined the crimsons. They don't show how he merged with the snake god. Whenever I finished an episode, I remember thinking "Wtf just happened".
The pacing of the story was horrible, it could have easily been finished in a single cour but instead they show us all of these side characters which we've never seen in season 2.
The pointless battles between the huge forces, way too boring, skipped all of them. The battles between the not so important side characters as well, very pointless to watch.
Yuji becoming so weak that even Shana can be a match for him doesn't make any sense.
The resolve of the Flame Haze is unreasonable. Was it because they coudn't trust the Snake god's words and he'll instead do something totally opposite or were they actually selfish enough to think that if all the crimsons leave there'd be no point in them existing anymore, thus they won't allow them to leave and remain here to feed on humans...
This season basically made me root for Yuji's side since the plan made sense. Whenever a flame haze died or got injured, it just made me so happy.

Basically this season was filled with the incomprehensible reasoning of flame haze and the boring battles which ticked me off the most. Had barely any connection to first two season and in no way similar, which was a good thing for me.
Resolution was great, Yuji's plan just excellent, grabbed my attention. I'll say that the season was good, at least better than first two so 7/10.

I was planning to compare this to ZnT since I watched it right before this, but now I don't think I can anymore.
Modified by ninja88880, Dec 25, 2013 8:46 PM

Dec 29, 2013 4:56 PM

Well this season has definitely been a roller-coaster compared to the two before it. In the first half I was kind-of lost but it picked up in the second half. There were things that annoyed me, for sure. I didn't really care for Sophie, the Gods of the Earth and a lot of the flame hazes introduced this season (I liked Rebecca, Chiara and maybe even Sale but that's about it), some of the action scenes felt dull due to going overboard with the explosions and such and I didn't care for this season's music quite as much as that of the previous two seasons. Admittedly I did also miss the more light-hearted feel of the high-school setting, and let's not even start on the whole 'motives of the flame haze army' issue. :P

On the other hand, though, there were quite a few things I enjoyed about Final. The music was still good, a lot of the action was actually enjoyable (it was awesome to see more fighting from Khamsin this season after throwing a single boulder in Season 1 and a brief, ass-kicking cameo from Tenmoku Ikko!) and there were touching moments as well, like the appearance of Johan and Pheles' baby and Khamsin's death. It certainly didn't feel as coherent as the previous two seasons but I'm still glad I watched it.

It also ended well IMO. I'm not actually sure what I'm happier about: Yuji and Shana being together (including their talk at the end and the kiss) or Hirai and Ike being together. ^_^ It seems that just about everyone's happy now, apart from Yoshida, unfortunately. With Yuji off in Xanadu with Shana and Ike now taken, she doesn't have anyone of her own at all. She does deserve someone at some point though, after all she's been through. Yeah she's not always been the most morally sound character and her lamenting did sometimes annoy me, but she still seemed like enough of a nice person for me to have a soft spot for her. :) Well if nothing else she at least has her memories of everyone she's known throughout the show and all that's happened.

Overall it wasn't a perfect anime but I always did have a soft spot for it and I'm glad I saw it through to the end. Having given the first two seasons 7s, I'll give Final a favourable 6/10. :)
Modified by TKZephyr, Dec 29, 2013 5:06 PM
"Get chance and luck!"

Jan 8, 2014 9:47 AM

Well, just finished the series today, it was an epic ending and great character development, so glad that finally both Shana and Yuji went together to Xanadu, and poor yoshida has been left behind with thousand of memmories of Yuji and Shana, those feels bro...

I really enjoyed the fighting scene such a great work from J.C staff, will be missed of course :)

Overall score 9/10 love it :D

Jan 8, 2014 1:53 PM

I finished this a few hours ago too. Gave me some mixed feelings. I can't decide if this season was fucking stupid, or if it was alright. Maybe it's both.

It was quite different from the earlier seasons, can't really describe it. The story felt kinda makeshift and that there was a lot of needless conflict that shouldn't really be happening. When it got to the very end I enjoyed it and could accept it, but I was kinda bothered with this season from the start. Although I am glad that the art/animation seemed better than before.

Jan 10, 2014 10:21 AM

Badass conclusion to a badass series!

During the last episodes I would often wonder if Yuji could have done things differently and no doubt he could. He was too naive to fully commit to the creation of the new world, never truly embraced the "evil role" he chose to play (he could have killed Shana, Margery and Wilhelmina as early as in episode 4). He didn't even consider talking it out with the flame haze (which i kind of understand as both sides are full of pride and thickheaded). But Shana! She would have listened! She would have helped him and maybe even Margery and Wilhelmina too!!!

This is the kind of aftertaste this show left on me while simultaneously being awesome and having a very powerful and emotional conclusion!

8/10 to it and the series as a whole.

Jan 14, 2014 11:44 PM

It took me far too long to get here, but I finally finished the final season of Shana. Perhaps it is contradictory to say that the series couldn't maintain my attention during its original simulcast run, but once I got past the midpoint while watching the dub version on Funimation.com, I had a seriously hard time shutting down the player for the night until it was over.

How exactly does a show that I put on hold because I found it a bit slow and the story to poorly tied together end up with me tearfully clicking on the "10" button when I rate it?

This episode and the couple of episodes before it, that is how! The alteration that Shana made to the psalm went a long way toward repairing my problems with the series. Yuji's plan was sensible, but ultimately catastrophically dangerous (because Yuji and the Snake didn't understand that it was the devouring of human souls that cause the problem, not the use of the power of existence, which would mean that the unrestrained devouring of humans on Xanadu would result in an imbalance that would destroy all three worlds within centuries.) By adding in that one little proviso, Shana created the world which satisfied both her sense of justice and Yuji's drive to protect Shana and the other Flame Hazes. The fact that, in the end, the denizens chose Shana's Xanadu of their own free will was a pleasant surprise. My guess is that the combination of the Dues Ex Machina prophesy about finding a new way to live and the efforts of the gods of Earth to drive home the reason they were punishing the denizens and trying to prevent them from reaching paradise sunk in and made them realize what needed to be.

I even can handle Yuji's pigheaded insistence that he had to be punished. What I don't get is why he felt that he had to punish Shana as well. Lamia's gift to them, using "the power of the strongest unrestricted spell" and the excess power of existence in the air in the final throes of creation, was a fine ending to the story.

The fact that Shana's signature phrase returned didn't hurt! I'd missed that during the final season...

So, even though I may re-evaluate my score at a later time and reduce it to something more reasonable... for now I score it 10/10. If it weren't for the 2nd season the entire series would be that high. As it is, Shana and Haruhi have some talking to do about who gets to be in my top 15 series list... I wish that mental discussion could actually be animated. It would be epic!

Feb 11, 2014 12:24 PM

Well it has ended.. I could say it was kind of weird because I can't really understand why the flame haze wanted to go to the new world but whatever, also it seems everyone got everything they wanted to have. Except for those who died.
Oh and the kiss happened too, well good thing it did :).

In any case this season was full of fun so it get's 10/10.
Have fun with your next quest ya all. :)

Feb 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Very happy with the conclusion of this series.

I'm so glad that Shana and Yuji finaly get together and get to spend eternity together, seen as they are both immortal. I was happy they also sealed it with a kiss, It only took 76 episodes for this to happen.
Though I feel Yoshida got screwed, it was a happy ending for almsot everyone, with all the charecers getting together or staying with their respective partners. Whereas Yoshida is basically left behind by Yuj, with nobody. So much action, so much romance, amazing ending 8/10!

JC Staff did an excellent job!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!

Mar 1, 2014 10:28 AM
I didn't think an afterlife even existed in the Shana universe, but Sydonay and Hecate went to one? (I know they'll come back, but they're still dead for the time being). I wonder if everyone goes to it.

Apr 4, 2014 4:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0FrECcP6a8

The Shakugan no Shana series will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Apr 7, 2014 5:37 AM

An extremely painful series to go through, I regret giving this a try, although I am glad to finally be done with this.

Season 3 had the most pointless 20 episode fight ever. Anytime i hear someone complain about long fights in DBZ or whatever, i will point to this atrocity and say - Look here is an endless fight, that accomplished absolutely nothing, completely failed w/its loose definition of good vs evil, as the Flame Hazes were the True Villains, bloodthirsty and without a smidgen of reason for fighting besides for the sake of fighting, while the Tomogara had a legit plan and were perfectly reasonable. What's worse the battle is so 1 sided as to be criminal, with basically no Flame Hazes of import dying (like the Universally Despised Old Hag Nun Bitch), and a plethora of likable badass Tomogara dying (Eel Decarabia, Sarbac, Fecor etc etc).

I can go on dissecting plot holes and other flaws, but i wanna be done with this trash immediately.

I give this a generous 5/10 due to episode 11 with the Margery/Keisaku sex scene. That is nearly the only thing this season did right. I have lowered my scores for the other seasons as well, because it would be a disservice for poor unsuspecting Anime Fans to pick this up due to having acceptable ratings when it really shouldn't.
Modified by SlickDragon, Apr 7, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 9, 2014 7:43 PM

Damn, for those peoples that were watching the giant mecha-like fighting, it must have been like an LSD trip... xD

And so it ended, happily but kinda bittersweetly in some ways. First, Yoshida have been pretty much ditched away by Yuuji. I mean, she had literally zero chance, but he could have least said good bye x)
Also, well, like Yuuji said, he killed a lot Flame Hazes, Tomogara and other people to achieve his goal. It was a really pragmatic plan. Also, it kinda sadden me to think that Yuuji parents will never know that they had another son. That's pretty horrible in my opinion.

But hey, we got a kiss, something that almost seem to be taboo in Japan! (*cough cough* KyoAni *cough*)

Sydonay death was kinda sad. Well, it was sad before the scene with Hecate, but, you know... :P

I think that it concluded pretty much everything. It was in overall a solid end, even if it kinda leave a taste that a lot of death could have avoided with a bit of talking...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

May 1, 2014 1:23 PM

I have speed watch the anime with wikia, I think it was a good anime, but the last episode explains a lot, and give you a great view and that make this anime very good.

It explain that Yuuji ghost (mind) & Shana (mind)* return to the world where they belong, so they release the torches that they have been used, the flame haze who are remained are moving the the remained denizen to make balance in the world, so after time they (two sides) will are return to the new world.

Also, actually the two sides 'denizen & flame haze' are intruding to the world, so they will leave this world. they where actually trapped in this world and there mission was to make this world stable, so in balance, so they won't will day.

So these two sides didn't belong in the world here, so they create a alternate world for them to live.

And as last the thing what most bother was the fight and not knowing what Yuuji and Shana want to accomplished, that was a disadvantage, whereby the climax dropped long wait to come.

So in the end, this is a sad anime, where 'fantasy creatures' are trapped in the human world with a bond 'to make balance', in there head they seek a world that they desired. And that came when Yuuji & Shana accomplish this wish.

*The reason why Yuuji return is because, he is a special torch, if he didn't had a treasure tool, he never would return where he belong, because a normal torch belong to the regular world.
Modified by Eternalwish, May 1, 2014 1:39 PM

May 6, 2014 8:07 AM

Prior to watching this, I heard great things about this season from my friend, so I thought I would be watching a 10/10 anime.

A few episodes into it, maybe 8-9/10.

Then, after mid-season, the score drastically dropped, until I almost thought I would give it a 4/10 at some point.

After finishing this episode, I thought the conclusion is alright, despite the random introduction of "irrelevant" characters with no explained back stories, the often confusing (in a bad way) plot, and questionable character motives.

After all, Yuji and Shana did get a happy ending together.

I am not sure about the light novel but the last season has been a dismal adaptation. I don't blame JC Staff though.

5/10 for Season 3; 7.5/10 for S2; 7/10 for S1

PS: one thing they did right is giving Yoshida a forever alone ending. She deserves it.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Aug 1, 2014 11:45 AM
11/10 nothing more to say

Aug 4, 2014 12:03 PM

Just thinking that Shana stayed with this Yuji... After what he did to make his intentions to come true... using everyone feelings and etc... Poor everyone... and Yoshida..?! LOL Yeah, in season 3 i barely could bear him... barely no, i definitely couldn't bear him.

Why Shana?! Shana was so love blind that no matter what he was doing she still continued to cuddle Yuji's head... "Yuji..." here, "Yuji..." there... "Yuji i love you", "I will change this future to be by your side...", "it was just you say that i would be by your side".... C'mon Shana.. give me a break...

His ideas/intentions were OK?! Yes.... But what he did to make it true made me hate him... using most of the characters feelings to make his ideas/intentions to come true, for me, was unforgivable....

Anyway, i loved (love) Wilhelmina!! She was the best for me... i also enjoyed (enjoy) Margery-san; Yoshida-san in Season 2 grew a lot as a character, she had courage and confessed 2 times to Yuji (Yoshida was another, as Shana, blinded by the love for Yuuji...); and, i also enjoyed (enjoy) Oga-chan and Eita... they being together made me happy. Oh.. i enjoyed (enjoy) Shana too... ^_^

I found the story, sometimes, a bit complicated to understand... Some information was a bit confusing sometimes... "sometimes" being humble =P

Overall:
-Season 1 -> 6.5/10 but i'll score 7/10.
-Season 2 -> 8/10;
-Shakugan no Shana "S" -> 8/10;
-Season 3-> 6.5/10 but i'll score 7/10.
Modified by Vi-, Aug 4, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 12, 2014 8:59 AM
Satsugai73 said:
This anime along with Zero no Tsukaima is fucking awesome! epic ending holy shit

Yuji lost the battle to Shana at the end it suck but w/e lol

shana didnt defeat yuji in the novel, shana didnt hit yuji with a massive fire ball. thing resolve in other way.

Aug 14, 2014 3:09 PM

So bad that it's actually good.
BUT why the f### did Wilhelmina and the baby go to Xanadu? LOL WUT
Why did Shana still fight with Yuji when everything ended in quite good way?
Why did they both go to Xanadu as well? Is it because noone would remember Shana? Or maybe just to make things more complicated?
What a bad episode. What a good episode. 9_6

Aug 23, 2014 3:21 AM

Yeh, It took some time to finish whole series, here comes my thoughts.

1st season - the best one, aura of mystery, feely op&ed, pleasure to watch 8/10

2nd season - struggle... struggle to go trough about 10 shitty episodes of slice of life, later it picked up, low 7/10

shana s - haven't anything to say

HERE IS A BIG HOLE

shana final - due to meeting with big hole, I had problem to get into this season, yeah it's a lot of cool action, but I feel like there is no enough explanation, nice ed, good to hear first op again, low 7/10

Aug 23, 2014 2:37 PM
Sovereign Prince

That was an excellent ending. I thought this season was kind of mediocre up until the last two episodes. Now I think that it's great!

Aug 31, 2014 6:01 PM
My only quandary, do those who were left behind remember both Yuji and Shana (Kazumi, Eita, Satou)?

Sep 16, 2014 8:53 PM
7 freaking years for that mediocre kiss?!?! ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

Sep 17, 2014 11:19 AM

I agree that there was not enough explanation and I thought that the final fight was meaningless. What were they fighting for? I guess Sydonay just wanted to die and be with Hecate.

Sep 29, 2014 8:52 PM

What the hell did I just watch?

I mean... I get most of it but I don't get what people are in love with here. I'm glad they are finally together but I hope someone can clear this up for me...

Was Yuji trying to create this new world knowing the Tomogara would still attack humans? Or did he think he will somehow convince them not to do this?

I felt the Flame Haze were doing the right thing the entire time, contrary to what a lot of comments say. At first it seemed like they wanted to stop the new world from forming, which is fine because those problems would still exist (just because there is free power of existence does not mean they wouldn't kill humans, they mentioned that more or less in a previous episode). In the end, the Flame Haze were actually adding the law that humans should not be consumed.

So... the Flame Haze did the right thing, allow a world where humans can't be consumed, the Tomogara ended up wanting to live with humans too when they made their wish to Yuji. Then what does Yuji think he needs to go there for? They already made up their mind not to do so and I'm sure will police themselves on it since the vast majority wished to coexist with humans.

Basically Yuji was okay with creating an alternate world not considering that humans could be consumed, and only because Shana added the law, and the Tomogara, after seeing Shana's conviction in this decided they wanted to coexist too? How is he forgiven then? Did he know Shana would come along and do all this for sure?

And how did Yuji even meet the God of Creation? How did he know about him? I feel like his whole goal seemed pretty logical to both sides, why did he not ever discuss it with anyone... meh, too many details that don't sit well with me. I loved the ending involving all the other characters but this whole Yuji thing really blows my mind.

I feel like the season was missing like 8 episodes of context. Maybe could have even had a season before this to introduce so many of these characters, items, spells, introduce the God of Creation, show the Tomogara's intentions, or show that they can feel some sort of compassion instead of suddenly decided to want to coexist with humans.

I loved the story of these 3 seasons, and this season had its great moments. Amazing action scenes, and some real tear-jerking moments. But the holes are too much to overcome for me... I'm a bit unsatisfied 3/5

EDIT: After thinking over it, and reading over the motivations of some of these characters I think I was wrong on some of my points. I think back to this series fondly, I'd probably bump my rating up a point
Modified by MaJiC27, Oct 5, 2014 3:59 PM

Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »