Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion

Mar 26, 2012 1:31 AM

What a shit ending..... Why the fuck they have to kill each other.... Just fucking go to the new world....

Final Episode - 2/5

Series - 7/10

Mar 26, 2012 2:03 AM

DJNOSTYLE said:
Take that Yoshida. Fuck you.

This lool xD

Mar 26, 2012 2:34 AM

is it just me or the fight was meaningless?
yujij wanted to make another world to stop the tomogara and flame haze from fighting
four gods of earth just wanted to come and kill as much tomogara as possible
Then in the end the world was made where almost all the tomogara left even the 1.2k flame hazes wanted to go and the four gods of earth went as well. All that pointless killing =/
I also didn't like how Sydonay had to die at the end.( but at least his with hecate)
Even though it looks like i don't like a lot of things
i still gave it 8/10 because it gave me this good feeling when im watching it
in other words i really like the tomogara and hate the people that interferes

Mar 26, 2012 2:52 AM

So I liked the ending since I felt the plot of season 3 was kinda forced upon us without much explanation. It really is difficult to follow the details of this show when each season comes around every couple of years, but Shana was one of my first animes and probably my first 10/10 back in season 1 so no matter what they do I'll still love it, of course my real question is, did they follow the Light Novels for season 3? And are the Light Novels completed?

Mar 26, 2012 4:43 AM

Chumara said:
So I liked the ending since I felt the plot of season 3 was kinda forced upon us without much explanation. It really is difficult to follow the details of this show when each season comes around every couple of years, but Shana was one of my first animes and probably my first 10/10 back in season 1 so no matter what they do I'll still love it, of course my real question is, did they follow the Light Novels for season 3? And are the Light Novels completed?

Yes they followed the light novels.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Mar 26, 2012 4:58 AM

Starbuck11 said:
Chumara said:

Yes they followed the light novels.

It was pretty stupid as shana said "You could've just asked me"

They should have put a little more thought behind it and not introduce shitloads of new characters we know nothing about. Well I guess next 3 days are for Shakugan no Shana marathon.

Watched Zero no Tsukaima's first 3 seasons 4 times already so I skip watching it this time.

Loved the ending though
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?

Mar 26, 2012 5:55 AM

Yzori said:
It has a satisfying end for me and I thoroughly enjoyed watching season 1 + 2. However, I found season 3 to be lackluster in times, but that may be just my opinion. However; I am glad to see everything resolved in the final episode. :) Oh, also, about time that they kissed!

I liked this episode, it was a good last episode. I found the reasoning to still be fighting a little bit off though... I mean, what the hell.... well, that's their personal reasoning I suppose. 5/5

I will miss this show.

I agree with you ... I liked season 1 and 2 but this sometimes made me feel a lil bored and it felt off yes ... though still enjoyable gave it an 8/10

Mar 26, 2012 5:57 AM

I think this was an awesome end to a great third season of Shakugan no Shana. Maybe mostly by comparing it to the first and second season which was so incredlbly boring.
The ending fight was awesome and I feel a chill down my spine when Shana launched that giant fire attack at Yuuji and Sidonay.

10/10

Mar 26, 2012 6:24 AM
so Yuji never restored the lifes of the people they killed in the city and the lifes of the flame haze

Mar 26, 2012 6:51 AM

nice ending. Overall I was positively surprised by this season, since my expectations were VERY low after that boring season 2.

Mar 26, 2012 7:09 AM

awesome ending , one of the most satisfying ending, that is the most epic love quarrel i ever seen. Even thought it's quiet a mess through out the season because it' differs much from the previous one ( i blame the 1st and 2nd for it ), i will give 9/10 overall.

Personally i like this season best the followed by second , movie and first.
This season is great because shits finally happen , the second season got some nice character development , but the first is incrediblly boring because it's too generic. Thanks to the movie , because of it i started watching rest , and i'm glad i did.

Mar 26, 2012 8:29 AM

ahhh i fell in love with the ending !
that was so sweet and a satisfying ending.
However, I did not enjoy the final season as much as the first two seasons. Character development was good, music and OST was good-great, animation was great too. However, there was too much going on for me i think, im still confused about some parts of the plot. To be honest, i felt a bit bored half way as the same things were happening and there wasn't much progress going on.

Overall 8/10 for me :)

Mar 26, 2012 9:07 AM
The story from the start of the season was really confusing, especially with so many new characters and so little screen time to better understand their abilities and personalities. I was kinda sad that the whole series ended just like that.

On a side note, the animation quality for Season 3 was like Season 1...I don't recall 720p in Shakugan no Shana II being that poor

Mar 26, 2012 9:29 AM

9/10 i though this was the best season way better than season 2 im glade it followed the light novel ending unlike ZnT season 4 but oh well... i do feel they forced season 3 with the plot but it was probably because season 2 was so poor! anyway i hope to maybe see an OVA in the future probably won't happen because of the sales....

The Music was awesome as always Mami Kawada, KOTOKO and ALTIMA songs for the opening and ending were great! the ending was way better than ZnT ending!... The character were great this season and i guess i liked the plot it was awesome and confusing!

Mar 26, 2012 9:44 AM

Hmm didn't like the way they handled all the extra characters, but the ending was surprisingly decent. That insert song from Mami Kawada was a nice touch (not Hishoku no Sora).

Mar 26, 2012 11:08 AM
Why couldn't guilty crown have ended this well?

Some of the extra characters I don't really care about but the ending was still satisfying.

For people saying that the season was pointless because he "could have just asked". No, the entire season was not pointless, because the main goal was to create Xanadu. The thing about Shana returning the flame was something on the side. I think that while Yuji was very likeable this season, he makes mistakes, like anyone else. In this case, he made the assumption that Shana would be more harsh on him than she was, and that she would not be forgiving because of all the things he had to do to accomplish his goal to create that new world.

Things definitely could have been explained better, but overall, I liked this season, especially the last two episodes. So glad they finally got together.

An older opening used as background music was a nice little bonus.

Mar 26, 2012 1:04 PM
hornjo said:
is it just me or the fight was meaningless?
yujij wanted to make another world to stop the tomogara and flame haze from fighting
four gods of earth just wanted to come and kill as much tomogara as possible
Then in the end the world was made where almost all the tomogara left even the 1.2k flame hazes wanted to go and the four gods of earth went as well. All that pointless killing =/
I also didn't like how Sydonay had to die at the end.( but at least his with hecate)
Even though it looks like i don't like a lot of things
i still gave it 8/10 because it gave me this good feeling when im watching it
in other words i really like the tomogara and hate the people that interferes

The fight was because in order to complete his plan, he had to kill many, many flame haze, get his hands dirty, etc. And to him, the only way to atone for his sin is to not be happy with Shana, which is why he's fighting her, otherwise it wouldn't be punishment if she were with him.

She has to win because otherwise he'll choose not to be with her, etc.

Mar 26, 2012 1:18 PM

The kiss saved this episode and arguably this season. A lot of borderline pointless stuff happened. Although the season as a whole makes sense in that I get why Yuuji wanted or felt like he needed to do this for Shana's sake...he could of worked with the Flame Haze as himself instead of taking on the persona of the GoC/becoming an enemy.

In the end it's a 7/10 but my bias for the series bumped it up a notch. 8/10. First two seasons were much much better. It's sad that it is all over now.

An epic franchise has sadly reached it's conclusion. Hopefully one day we get to see another 7+ year series that keeps us waiting in anticipation.

Mar 26, 2012 1:27 PM

I love how J.C. Staff didn't explain that scene from episode one. At all.
Not to mention how and when Yuuji and the Snake of the Festival "combined bodies." If they did describe that, I probably wasn't paying attention.

This season was a clusterfuck. I only gave it a 7/10 for Shana.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

Mar 26, 2012 1:45 PM

*sigh* In my opinion, that ending was a joke. This season was a joke. I guess I just can't appreciate the whole spin they took with Yuji and Shana being separated by Yuji's stupidity in thinking he has to do all this junk to be with Shana, and hide his reasoning as if he were some badass villain. I found it very annoying and it has become so bad that I actually prefer Saito over Yuji. Quite a shock, yes, but at least Saito had the balls to speak his mind.

I'm very glad they finally ended this series and brought back eh... what was her name again? That one girl that disappeared the first episode. I remember I was very fond of her and to see her back gave me a great relief of nostalgia. This season was very serious and very dry which I'm not very into anymore. No comedy that I expected from the first 2 seasons, no romantic build-ups other than Yuji being a douchebag and turning it all around in this episode, and ultimately, no real attachment to the characters anymore. It may be because it's been a good while since I saw Shana 2 but I didn't feel absorbed in watching this season. Throughout the whole time I felt like I was forcing myself to watch it for the sake of my past self enjoying Shana so much. Something was lost in those years between Shana 2 and 3 and I guess it was something that prohibited me from liking Shana 3.

Mar 26, 2012 2:06 PM
Did anyone else feel really sorry for Kazumi? i've always been Yuji x shana and thought kazumi was a bit annoying for getting in the way but when she was left behind by shana and yuji and watching them leave and realizing how much yuji needed her to fix Misaki city i couldnt help feel bad for her... But did she also want to stay? I mean there was no Misaki City on the other side and she wouldnt have her parents. Well, as long as she doesnt get with Ike, i dont like him hes stubborn and blunt. Great ep and series though, SnS is my favorite anime!! And i loved the 1st op when they were fighting, very nostalgic!! 10/10 all the way
Modified by JoshingAround, Mar 26, 2012 2:10 PM

Mar 26, 2012 2:38 PM

This entire season was a letdown, it dosent even come close to season 1 and 2.
Season 2 will be my best memory of this show, and I will just forgett about this one.

Mar 26, 2012 3:07 PM

this last ep made the whole 3rd season for me
i really liked it how they used the very first op song from season 1 at the end*.*

Mar 26, 2012 3:11 PM

Rasmu said:
this last ep made the whole 3rd season for me
i really liked it how they used the very first op song from season 1 at the end*.*

the first op was the best part of the season besides the last song...

Mar 26, 2012 3:22 PM

After rewatching the entire season, I enjoyed it even more. There were somethings I didn't understand or wasn't paying close attention to when first viewed it but after watching again and concentrating on the dialogue I begun to understand. I love this season more than the other two. Honestly, I thought the second season was weakest one mostly because of the filler arc during the first half.

Mar 26, 2012 3:34 PM

Good things really do come to an end u.u

well i gotta say... THANKS FOR THE TRIP ! =D it was amazing.
Modified by Ruledragon, Mar 26, 2012 3:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 26, 2012 4:06 PM

Impressive series although I perferred the first and half seasons. Still, great series overall and I love the OST of this final season

8/10 for me.

Mar 26, 2012 6:02 PM

Well... now I need to watch all three seasons again. Or wait until my japanese is good enough to read the novels.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com

Mar 26, 2012 6:35 PM

I didn't like flame hazes are invading the new world as well. I hope they don't kill the denizen. Yuji's new spell is so amazing. The ending was very nice~ I want to see an epilogue ova now...

Mar 26, 2012 6:50 PM
Actually I'm quite disappointed with this season I can see why many liked how Shana and Yuji are finally together ending with a kiss but I mean come on they just left us hanging I also feel they rushed the final episode I would have been more satisfied with 26 episodes and I can understand why it left people in confusion and what really made me upset is why they would make it so Yuji's parents would forget all about him that's just cold...especially when Yuji just wants to leave his hometown just saddens me. I was always curious about the first girl, Yuji called her hidai or something which would be Yukari it almost sounded like she was becoming a main character then you don't see her again in season 1 it's like creating an important character then you just dump it off like it was nothing and yes I know she returns but then again you see her return in the ending credits that's all we get? She comes back and you get a glimpse of her... I know many liked how Yoshida got left behind but I didn't they could have stayed friends just like they did in all 3 of the seasons yea the love triangle would just make you cringe but I would blame the staff/creator that made her character that way... I didn't like how Sydonay dies but Yuji doesn't I mean Shana literally had an uproar in rage and aside with Margery gets in and kills Sydonay but how does Yuji not die from the that blast as well I mean I'm glad Yuji didn't die because I as well was expecting a good ending I'm happy that Yuji and Shana are back together but it just disappoints me to see how you don't get to see more when it just drops off. You don't even get to see Xanadu it just suddenly stops I could just go on and on about so many things then you look at how long the war dragged on for and say wow just pointless especially when Shana says to Yuji you could of just asked her but no that's how Yuji's character had to be throughout every single episode/season which was the only thing I disliked about him he assumed things that were just so obvious *facepalm* or just about the time when you wanted smack him in the face because it sounded like he lacked in common sense. That is all for now to tired.

Mar 26, 2012 7:10 PM

I wonder if anyone can tell me-

-what is the epilogue in the novel? Did any thing happen after where Shana and Yuji kissed?
-Is Yuji immortal even though he turned to human? He can still use his spell so he should be immortal like Shana...right?
-Does Yuji still have the reiji maigo?

I will be really gratefully someone can answer these questions!! :)

Mar 26, 2012 7:24 PM

princessnight said:

-what is the epilogue in the novel? Did any thing happen after where Shana and Yuji kissed?
-Is Yuji immortal even though he turned to human? He can still use his spell so he should be immortal like Shana...right?

Shana and Yuki travel around Xanadu persuading human/tomogara to coexist. Occasionally, some people try to kill him. The Snake sometimes wakes up and catching glimpses of Xanadu through Yuji's eyes. He is immortal and he's not human anymore that was a translation error. Yes he still has the reji maigo but it doesn't work anymore.

Mar 26, 2012 10:20 PM

Replying to the post above me ^: Why is Yuji an immortal? Did he became a flame haze or is it just that the spell makes him immortal? Also why cant Yuji use the Reiji MAigo anymore?

Wow cant believe its finally ended, its been a part of me for like 7 years and i really miss it now i sorta wish there were more but its probably just me wanting to cling to old stuff.

Well the ending imo was really well done, the song fits the scene (especially Hishoku no Sora, damn i miss that song and it was played and the best scene really brings back lots of memories.), the battle was GREAT imo, and the thing that started this all, Hira Yukari came back.

However i still dont like that some/lots of the MC went to the new world, i mean i get why they went there but its just kinda sad that they(Yuji) left behind his family and some others like Yuji and Shana left behind their friends in school although i dont know if they still remembers any of the flame hazes or Yuji and Shana and if anyone of them dont its really very sad imo.

Also another point can someone tell me why Chiara went to the new world? There seems to be some reason why she went there and i cant figure it out.

Lastly, THAT KISS!! THAT KISS THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 7 YEARS WAS REALLY REALLY REALLY AWESOME, BEAUTIFULLY ANIMATED IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT PART.

Well in the end even though ironic most of them found peace in the new world, Xanadu, that they were trying to stop. This series has been a really good ride for a good long 7 years and i think i might rewatch it and surely support the author by buying the light novels although i dunno if the light novel is like this but something seems missing in the anime i dunno its just a feeling i get.
Modified by ArcanaTrace, Mar 26, 2012 11:08 PM

Mar 26, 2012 11:02 PM
Unahim said:
Garfield4th said:
What is the point in the new world for them if the flame haze go with them? How can that world be theirs if they are still in danger?

I believe the Flame Haze don't trust the Tomogara yet and are thus going with them to keep an eye out. It'll now be Yuuji and Shana's quest to get them to all get along with each other.

Ya it's something like that. If I remember right from the last chapter of the novel most of them are following out of hatred as that's what made them into a Flame Haze in the first place. Hope I didn't dapen the ending for you at all. :|

Mar 26, 2012 11:51 PM
fuck yeah i love the ending :)

Mar 27, 2012 1:06 AM

ok the ending scene with Yuuji and Shana *kiss* was nice at last.

Overall this season was horrible, yeah horrible. Not only that it felt totally different from the previous seasons, they even rushed the content of the remaining novel chapters in merely 24 episodes and introduced a lot of new characters without any backstories to them.
Im very much dissapointed what they did with my once favorite anime franchise.

Mar 27, 2012 1:10 AM

Sweet ending I guess. The kiss was also very nice as some have pointed out.
The only thing that bugs me somewhat, though, since I didn't read the novel or anything, is what exactly was that Yuuji became in the end. He was no longer a Torch, so what was he then? It's not human either... So probably an existence like a Flame Haze or a Denizen, seeing as he got that cool unrestricted spell and that badass Tool with him.

Mar 27, 2012 1:18 AM

@ArcanaTrace
The Reiji Maigo got broken when the snake was creating Xanadu. It's useless in Xanadu anyway since that world has free flowing power of existence. That spell was used to give Yuji an existence. It doesn't specify what he is exactly but what I gathered from reading other forums, he's closer to a tomogara.

Mar 27, 2012 2:59 AM

This was a great season. Even if it did required a lot of thinking to understand what they were saying, but it was worth it and makes it more interesting. For people giving low ratings for this season, HATERS GONNA HATE!

Mar 27, 2012 10:36 AM

princessnight said:

That's probably bad translation from the subs you watched? In the eclipse subs it says "He's not a torch anymore. He's an actual existence."

Mar 27, 2012 1:06 PM
ezodagrom said:
princessnight said:

That's probably bad translation from the subs you watched? In the eclipse subs it says "He's not a torch anymore. He's an actual existence."
Which is the most accurate thing they can translate it to. He's not a human, he's was just given an actual existence. If anything, he's more like a Crimsom Denizen now.

Mar 27, 2012 2:22 PM

A really great final episode - GOD those feelings when they finally kissed and Shana went all urusaiurusaiurusai after such a long time. Ah, was simply satisfying.

Just a great ending, have to admit.

Mar 27, 2012 4:31 PM
Okay so you are all glad it is over, and they got together. But I am going to give this episode a 5/10. Simply because, one of my characters Sydonay died, and he died for NO REASON.

They did not need to fight, their troubles were settled. Marjory did not need to kill Sydonay. It was a completely stupid fight and it's stupidity ruins the whole thing for me. Because it was so stupid it lowers the value of Yuuji and Shana for me, and I don't even care they got together any more because they are both idiots.

Mar 27, 2012 5:19 PM

He just wanted to die, to be with Hecate once again.

Mar 27, 2012 6:49 PM

And so the superior Yoshida saved Misaki City.

Mar 27, 2012 6:52 PM
xxJing said:
Okay so you are all glad it is over, and they got together. But I am going to give this episode a 5/10. Simply because, one of my characters Sydonay died, and he died for NO REASON.

They did not need to fight, their troubles were settled. Marjory did not need to kill Sydonay. It was a completely stupid fight and it's stupidity ruins the whole thing for me. Because it was so stupid it lowers the value of Yuuji and Shana for me, and I don't even care they got together any more because they are both idiots.

Sydonay wanted to die to be with Hecate. If it wasn't for that battle he probably would have found another way to die.

Mar 27, 2012 7:20 PM
HawthorneKitty said:
And so the superior Yoshida saved Misaki City.
Technically Yoshida was merely the focus. Khamsin and Behemot used Yoshida's help to stablize Misaki City's distortions so Yuuji made use of Yoshida's role as the focus to destabilize Misaki City and then to stabilize it back. Yoshida was, as usual, just a very convenient and easily mangeable tool. Praising her would be the same as praising a sword for killing the villain, considering Yuuji was ready and willing to force Yoshida into cooperation.

Mar 27, 2012 10:13 PM

Leon-Gun said:
ezodagrom said:
princessnight said:

Which is the most accurate thing they can translate it to. He's not a human, he's was just given an actual existence. If anything, he's more like a Crimsom Denizen now.
Leon-Gun said:
ezodagrom said:
princessnight said:

That makes more sense, Thank you!

Mar 27, 2012 10:15 PM

Starbuck11 said:
princessnight said:

Shana and Yuki travel around Xanadu persuading human/tomogara to coexist. Occasionally, some people try to kill him. The Snake sometimes wakes up and catching glimpses of Xanadu through Yuji's eyes. He is immortal and he's not human anymore that was a translation error. Yes he still has the reji maigo but it doesn't work anymore.

I think I read something like that in bakatsuki but i didn't get it. It's much better if he is closer to tomogara, then he can live longer and be with Shana~ Thank you for answering my questions :)
Modified by princessnight, Mar 28, 2012 7:27 PM

Mar 27, 2012 11:09 PM

Z-flame said:
xxJing said:

Sydonay wanted to die to be with Hecate. If it wasn't for that battle he probably would have found another way to die.

Like they say, if you're gonna go, go out in style!

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »