Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2008 4:56 AM

Oct 2006
Aired: Oct 3, 2006 to Sep 30, 2008

This is what it says in the entry. Does anyone have a reliable source for proof of this?

If it is true, how can they wrap it up with only this many episodes left in the series; are we going to have a sequel?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2008 5:20 AM

Oct 2007
Yes im curious about this also since i chould not find any info about this on anidb or animenfo or animeplanet or wiki ... only ANN encyclopedia states also that there are 103 episodes and i cant read the official site :(
Sep 4, 2008 5:29 AM

Aug 2007
I hope this means a new series under another name (Naruto Shippuuden-esque i suppose). I cant see the series ending here.
Sep 4, 2008 5:37 AM

Dec 2007
If they do stop it might be because they've caught up with the manga. Don't know because I don't read the manga.. but this is the only thing I can think of.
Sep 4, 2008 5:41 AM

Mar 2008
EuricaeriS said:
I hope this means a new series under another name (Naruto Shippuuden-esque i suppose). I cant see the series ending here.

I'm thinking the same thing. I believe a sequeal is on its way.
Sep 4, 2008 5:56 AM
Apr 2006
sources: here, wiki and ANN
^ changed MAL entry accordingly.
seems the ratings for the anime were low...no idea if there will be a sequel

had it on-hold for some time myself...time to dl & marathon~
Sep 4, 2008 5:58 AM

Oct 2006
SNDK said:
If they do stop it might be because they've caught up with the manga. Don't know because I don't read the manga.. but this is the only thing I can think of.

I do know that the anime is very close to the manga, so maybe it would be much better to end and take a break, then do a sequel, rather than do fillers.

Hopefully Lulubell, who is a filler character, dies at the end of this series so she isn't in the next (which should just follow the manga 100%).
Sep 4, 2008 5:58 AM

Feb 2008
No waaaaaay, they can't stop DGM, I won't survive without it >_< I really hope there will be a sequel! Well it's true the anime is catching up with manga, but can't they just make fillers?? Fillers in D.Gray-man were good anyways...T_____T
Sep 4, 2008 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
SNDK said:
Hopefully Lulubell, who is a filler character, dies at the end of this series so she isn't in the next (which should just follow the manga 100%).

Uhm just by the way, Lulubell isn't a filler character....
Sep 4, 2008 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
Rimona said:
SNDK said:

true she just showed up way before she was supposed to in the amine P=
Sep 4, 2008 6:06 AM

Dec 2007
It would be quite sad indeed if dgm stopped here once it got interesting.
Rooting for a sequal. I'd rather have them stop for a while then to have filler arcs.
Sep 4, 2008 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
I agree. Since the anime is dangerouly close to the manga maybe it is a good thing to stop for a while instead of showering us with fillers...but I do hope they'll make a sequel in the future...it would be a real shame if they stopped for good!
Sep 4, 2008 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
For one it does seem VERY plausible:
1. D.gray-man anime ratings were low(as opposed to manga sales).
2. 2ch rumors of Bleach taking D.gray-man timeslot.
3. 103 would be the end of current arc.
4. Were are 1/2 short arcs away from manga.

For one I am sad about it, as it, once again, proves that while the pointless crap like most of shonen shows can remain on tv, other ones, who are not so commercial, get canceled.

I certainly hope that the future won't be filled with narutoes, haruhis, kanons and other various fails for the masses...

For second it proves that manga-readers are more mature than anime-viewers, I am not surprised by that, but still it saddens me.

Well...we still have manga...
Sep 4, 2008 8:15 AM

Oct 2006
Sugoi-otaku said:
Rimona said:
SNDK said:

true she just showed up way before she was supposed to in the amine P=

Oh, my bad. I'm a douche =]
Sep 4, 2008 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
awesome news, now Rumbel can concenrtrate on subbing good shows
Sep 4, 2008 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Oh no, I hope it still continues. I love D. Gray-Man it's always at the top of my top 5 anime list, I would be REALLY sad if they just dropped it.
Sep 4, 2008 9:18 AM

Aug 2007
It's a bit sad really. I've seen several other shounen series continue even though the anime sucks and they keep producing fillers. Naruto for example. D.Gray-Man is one of the few that isn't so commercial. Glad it isn't the manga that's ending though.
Sep 4, 2008 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
For one it does seem VERY plausible:
1. D.gray-man anime ratings were low(as opposed to manga sales).
2. 2ch rumors of Bleach taking D.gray-man timeslot.
3. 103 would be the end of current arc.
4. Were are 1/2 short arcs away from manga.

For one I am sad about it, as it, once again, proves that while the pointless crap like most of shonen shows can remain on tv, other ones, who are not so commercial, get canceled.

I certainly hope that the future won't be filled with narutoes, haruhis, kanons and other various fails for the masses...

For second it proves that manga-readers are more mature than anime-viewers, I am not surprised by that, but still it saddens me.

Well...we still have manga...

am sad to know that DGM anime is ending....but yes, agree with you, we still have the manga. it is a good anime, didn't watch naruto, but to me, storyline wise, DGM is so much richer than bleach. well, i guess, good things don't last huh.

Sep 4, 2008 9:42 AM

Aug 2007
I feel like hitting something..Really bummed about this, one of the few GOOD shonens and this is what happens...

I'm still rooting for a sequel (like they are doing with Inuyasha and FMA and NANA) as I really adored all the VAs and the characters themselves...

I feel like crying...-_-

At least we have the manga...-grins a bit-
Sep 4, 2008 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
I totally agree with most of you. I love the show especially it is getting so interesting however the anime is really catching up to the manga. Therefore I rather that they stop it for a period than churning more filler episodes (eg Bleach and Naruto...*shudders*).

Keep fingers cross that it does not mean that's the end of DGM anime.
Sep 4, 2008 10:31 AM

Feb 2008
hmmm interesting dident see this coming at all, even if it doesn't start airing again wouldent really bother me(not saying the show sucked ass i liked it) just it felt kinda stale.
Sep 4, 2008 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
OMGosh! I can't believe their stopping at 103 episodes! I hope ya'll are right, I hope there will be a sequel too! I mean, can they really wrap up this epic series in just 4 episodes? Hmm... No, there has to be a sequel planned. Hopefully!
Sep 4, 2008 10:44 AM

Mar 2008
I also read the manga, so I know that the anime caught up too fast and something like this was to be expected...

I think it's better than showing 90+ filler episodes like Naruto *lol*

But(!), only if they'll start again after the break - perhaps in spring or summer 09 ^^°
I need a sequel T_T

I want to see the 3. Uniforms and new Innocence n.n
Sep 4, 2008 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Shiina said:
But(!), only if they'll start again after the break - perhaps in spring or summer 09 ^^°
I need a sequel T_T

That is, IF THEY start again...for all we know its tha end. the end. END. For all we know they will go on the way on how Madhouse handled most of their manga adaptations, for example,

AnimeGirl1990 said:
OMGosh! I can't believe their stopping at 103 episodes! I hope ya'll are right, I hope there will be a sequel too! I mean, can they really wrap up this epic series in just 4 episodes? Hmm... No, there has to be a sequel planned. Hopefully!

Of course "they" will wrap it up... in manga xD
Sep 4, 2008 10:55 AM
Jun 2008
Wow. I was definitely shocked when it suddenly said D. Gray-Man was stopping at 103. Gotta hope that there will be a sequel
Sep 4, 2008 10:59 AM

Apr 2008
Well there will probably be a sequel, it's a lot of the story still left.
Hope they won't just shove it off and leave it like that.
Sep 4, 2008 11:08 AM

Apr 2007
Ah, if it's ending I better catch up soon. I was planning to put it on hold fter this arc anyway and catch up on the manga since I stopped during the next arc.

D.Gray-Man ending doesn't really bother me. It was quite boring and the only characters I really like are Tyki, Kanda, and Cross >_>

The manga is much more interesting.
Sep 4, 2008 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:

I myself wasn't a HUGE fan of the fillers in episodes 1-51, because the fillers felt really childish, but whenever D.Gray-Man is in it's actual storyline it felt so intense -_-;

It were no more than 15 fillers I'd say. The rest was actually storyline ^^'
It's true the interesting part starts with episode 52 onwards though.

I wasn't bored by the fillers.
Two episodes introduced two characters closely (although they die after that...) and two episodes with Kanda were adapted from the D.Gray-man Reverse Novel. I also think that it was kind of special showing Lulubell at such an early point instead of just killing random Akuma.
Sep 4, 2008 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
I'm still not close to finishing this series since I'm only watching the parts up to where I have read the manga but I was hoping that it would last a lot longer than this.

#NBHNC
Sep 4, 2008 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
I can't understand how you can say that it is good that it's finishing now, with a possibly planned second season instead of fillers!!

If you enjoyed D.Gray-Man, you should be happy that they don't stop it!!

I prefer watching Allen, Lenalee, Lavi and the rest doing some more awesome things during fillers than having to nearly (I read the manga) forget about them... until you log in to MAL and find out that the second season will start airing soon...

Not that I don't like D.Gray-Man, actually I love it! but I can't understand why you can say that you prefer a break of it, especially if you don't read the manga!!

I hope these last four episodes are the best of them all!!

My Claims:
Sep 4, 2008 3:21 PM

Apr 2007
Hopefully D.Gray Man won't end at ep.103...

I really want them to continue with the manga storyline ^_^
Sep 4, 2008 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
It better not be ending, or i'll hate them forever. :|
Sep 4, 2008 4:37 PM

Jul 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
It better not be ending, or i'll hate them forever. :|

Hate who...
Sep 4, 2008 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
i knew it was close to the manga...but i was just expecting more fillers. As long as it gets continued in animated form eventually i really don't care. Still pretty lame new tho v_v
Sep 4, 2008 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
Damn. I was hoping that the "103" bit was just a mess up somehow.

It is rather close to the manga, so I was expecting them to drag out this current arc for ages. I was kind of shocked that it was going by so fast.

Personally? I'd rather have some fillers than the series ending. I really enjoy this show, and even the fillers are good. For those who are saying that they don't want to see it hit "Naruto-style" filler hell...as long as DGM doesn't do that flashback thing I'll be fine. DGM fillers are actually done quite well, IMO.
Sep 4, 2008 8:05 PM
Apr 2008
finally i can take a break and evaluated DGM again
Sep 4, 2008 8:40 PM

Apr 2008
Only 103 episodes? I think im gonna die if they dont keep going with something else...(D.Gray-man is my fav T-T)
Sep 5, 2008 3:20 AM

Dec 2007
Hopefully they'll release a new season That wouldn't be cool, Katsura Hoshiro has just scratched the surface of the manga, and now they're cutting of the anime, which is behind. They'll probably make a new season. They ARE getting closer to the manga.
Sep 5, 2008 3:38 AM

Jun 2007
I'd rather have fillers. D.gray fillers aren't that bad. Couldn't tell they were fillers at all. (Except that they didn't turn up in the manga) There wasn't much of a drop in quality or anything.
Sep 5, 2008 4:17 AM

Jan 2008
I actually am a bit relieved, as I was planning to drop the anime right after this arc. >_> I somehow feel that the anime isn't half as interesting as the manga (filler or not).

Maybe they should just do 23 minutes worth of D.gray man omake theater instead of fillers if they continued. XP I wouldn't mind that.
Sep 5, 2008 5:45 AM

Jun 2007
No way! TT-TT When I finally get hooked on a long series, it ends! TT-TT

If they're ending the series here, and they aren't making a new season, then they should at least make a movie or something to have a conclusive ending. Maybe they're just waiting for the manga to go further?... Or maybe
Sep 5, 2008 7:16 AM

Mar 2008
The previous fillers weren't bad, but you don't know if upcoming would be :/
I don't think the staff has endless good plot ideas.
Sep 5, 2008 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
Wow. I almost fell off my chair when I saw 99/103 in my list. o_o It was quite a surprise even though I've realized before that DGM anime is catching up the manga pretty fast.
Sep 5, 2008 1:46 PM
Oct 2007
Wow, I can't believe this. Well, if it happens, then it happens.
Sep 5, 2008 10:28 PM

Mar 2008
I DONT WANT IT TO END EVER
can we do anything to make them not do that??
Sep 5, 2008 10:39 PM
Apr 2008
I heard about this a couple of weeks back (didn't wanted to believe it)
T__T *sad*
I hope we get another season T__T
Sep 5, 2008 10:50 PM

Jun 2008
all i gotta say is....WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Sep 5, 2008 11:12 PM

Dec 2007
NO WAY !!!! !>< cannot ! nooooo ! hms . me would super miss it ! wad the ~ >< ahhh ! let's hope that manga would continue nehs :D wahhs ! ><

Sep 6, 2008 5:51 AM

Aug 2008
WHAAAAAAAT THEEEEEE HELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????..........

why DGM is finishing at 103, I know they're very close to the manga but WTF!!
why only the good shows gets to be canceled, I mean the story is so much richer than the other shonen crap, Yeah I said it and the biggest example is Naruto that goddman fillerish anime.
OH my god i'm really really sad for one my fav shows to be canceled.... *_*
Sep 6, 2008 6:41 AM

Mar 2008
Oh noo! I wasn't expecting this to happen, although i knew the anime was getting too close to the manga. I thought that they would just put in fillers. dgm fillers are not too bad. *cries*.

I really hope that they would have a second season to d gray man. They dragged in the '14th' matter and they can't just leave it like that!

At least the manga isn't ending.
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.