Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2012 7:41 PM

Apr 2008
I have a question for those of you otaku that art also interested in the art world or in anime about art students.

I have this idea for a 'slice of life' anime drawn in different art styles, probably using a school or studio setting. I think it could be good/unique, but in order to not make it gimmicky I want to include a good story and of course intriguing characters.

So, for research I've begun watching the three main anime that actually are about art students. None of the three have used the idea I have in any of their episodes thus far (GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class might though as it is the most art informative of the three and I'm only ep. 3 deep on each series), but for being an anime about art they don't really offer anything new to bring to the table either.

It seems too redundant to me to use this theme yet again unless I could produce a FAR better story than what these offer. So, my question for you artistic viewers is, what would you have like to see in an "art" anime that you feel is lacking in the anime currently available?

Is it that the plot isn't concrete enough? The characters don't inspire you? You were hoping to learn something new and interesting about art or famous artist or even art styles themselves?

My complaints center around all three, but I am having trouble expressing exactly what I feel is missing. What do you think, art otaku?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Interested in more 'artsy' anime

WombFerret - Jul 20, 2009

5 by starshinesMonet »»
Feb 9, 2012 1:28 PM

» Glassy ocean vs. Ginga no Uo URSA minor BLUE

shegoblin - Aug 22, 2008

2 by chumlum »»
Oct 20, 2010 9:23 AM

» Club Activities! Artsy anime of the week 1: Kigeki

Sasa - Aug 12, 2008

12 by o0kamichan0o »»
Jan 8, 2009 5:46 PM

» Artsy anime of the week 3: Ginga no Uo URSA minor BLUE

Sasa - Aug 26, 2008

5 by shegoblin »»
Sep 4, 2008 7:59 AM

» Artsy anime of the week 2: Atama Yama

Sasa - Aug 19, 2008

4 by shegoblin »»
Aug 26, 2008 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.