Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2012 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
HammersFan10 said:

Just one of the many reasons why this was a horrible excuse for an anime. Seriously guys, stop wasting your time watching fanservice garbage like this and go watch something actually good like Natsume Yuujinchou or something.

Someone could easily tell you the same thing, stop watching that garbage like Natsume Yuujinchou...
Mar 23, 2012 5:01 PM
Aug 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
HammersFan10 said:

Just one of the many reasons why this was a horrible excuse for an anime. Seriously guys, stop wasting your time watching fanservice garbage like this and go watch something actually good like Natsume Yuujinchou or something.

Someone could easily tell you the same thing, stop watching that garbage like Natsume Yuujinchou...

Yes they could but you'd sound like an idiot calling Natsume Yuujinchou a bad series. I don't understand why you can't tell the difference.

Highschool DxD = tasteless fanservice show only interested in titillating the viewer.
Natsume Yuujinchou = emotionally moving and involving drama that has beautiful art.

What's there not to get?
Mar 23, 2012 5:46 PM

Jan 2012
Dr_Smurph said:
Didn't have high expectations for this one but it was definitely entertaining and I wouldn't mind seeing more. 7/10
This is my thought as well.
Mar 23, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2011
HammersFan10 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
HammersFan10 said:

Yes they could but you'd sound like an idiot calling Natsume Yuujinchou a bad series. I don't understand why you can't tell the difference.

Highschool DxD = tasteless fanservice show only interested in titillating the viewer.
Natsume Yuujinchou = emotionally moving and involving drama that has beautiful art.

What's there not to get?

gtfo then, just because you dam well hate dxd and like natsume yuujinchou doesn't mean everyone else needs to, what i cant understand is why you are even here if you think this anime is tasteless
Mar 23, 2012 5:48 PM

Apr 2008
HammersFan10 said:
Why did the Phoenix guy let Issei pull out a bottle of holy water, open it, and pour it on him? Why then did he stand there while Issei ran up to him and punched him? Oh ye, because it's convenient for the story.

Oh yes I am sure everyone is going to listen to a faceless nobody like you. don't like GTFO.
Mar 23, 2012 5:50 PM

Oct 2011
That was a pretty decent episode to end the season, I wanted to see issie's arm covered in dragon scales instead of the boosted gear, like they did in they novel.
Mar 23, 2012 5:56 PM

Jan 2012
HammersFan10 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
HammersFan10 said:

What's there not to get?

I agree it's a good series but.....The serious lack of a love interests gives the series no drive for me.....I just find it really boring to watch an anime that has no love interests....Tears to Tiara pissed me off because all the girls liked the guy who was BARELY a main character, The main Character was Arthur.

I do agree that the fanservice is a tad annoying but it's bearable all for the sake of Issei and Rias paring <3.
Mar 23, 2012 6:02 PM

Jul 2011
wait a sec.......... girls actually watch this!?................LOOOL i now understand why people give this a low rating because of fan-service
Mar 23, 2012 6:13 PM

May 2010
CrossDivide said:
Great ending for a great series! Really loved the fight. Was surprised Issei sacrificed his left arm. And the use of holy water and the cross, he's smarter than he looks, after all x) He really deserved the kiss from Rias.

Was wondering why no one mentioned about Raizer's sister. She was blushing at Issei, seems like she fell in love too :P Call me weird, but I found his sister to be really cute :P

Yeah I felt it too, maybe there will be a time she will join Rias clan and be another Bishop.
I'm totally into her, she's too cute when she blushed :))
Mar 23, 2012 6:18 PM

Dec 2010
Much better than i thought it would be; Issei kicking Raiser's ass was long coming; Also Rias giving her first kiss to Issei :D; This needs a Season 2, from what i hear the novels are way ahead of this, so there is no reason not to have one XD
Mar 23, 2012 6:26 PM

May 2010
HammersFan10 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
HammersFan10 said:

What's there not to get?

LOL, so much hate about fan-service? All I can say is your preferred anime is boring, no love interest at all. I dont want to argue further about this nonsense.

All I can say is that People have many differences especially difference in taste.

What's there not to get? (Purposely used it xD)
Mar 23, 2012 6:32 PM

Aug 2011
God damn I didn't expect this level of awesomeness!

Issei's dragon power was great. I was more emotionally involved that I thought, being on the edge of my seat when his suit broke away for Raiser to have the upperhand. But that holy water + skills showcase was really a great scene. His resolve was so strong here that I was cheering him along.

Very satisfied with Issei x Rias. Seeing them together is always lovely.

Needless to say, I enjoyed every episode as I found it was pure entertainment. For that reason, I would love a second season!
Mar 23, 2012 6:52 PM

May 2008
greeat episode they followed the novel hope for a' second season 9/10 the armor was great hope he can handle it for longer than 10 seconds
Mar 23, 2012 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode to wrap up the season! Awesome fight scene with Issei and his dragon armor and Rias kissing him in the end was long over due. I hope there is a second season ^^

Mar 23, 2012 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
I'm so satisfied with the last episode of Highschool DxD. Issei's boosted gear dragon scale mail looked awesome, reminded me of Iron Man lmao. That fight scene was done really well and I absolutely loved how they put the OP song during the fight. <3 Also loved how Issei said all the things that Akeno, Kiba, Koneko and Asia taught him and how he doesn't possess the powers that they have. :D
Rias X Issei ending, fucking lovely. xD
5/5

Overall Highschool has been such an enjoyable Anime to watch despite it being the most ecchi Anime that I've seen so far LOL. I mean each episode has uncensored shots, talk about fan-service to the extreme. xD Story was actually great for a very heavy ecchi Anime. That dragon scale mail sold it for me though :D
So giving Highschool DxD an 8/10, there were just too many unnecessary breast and panty shots. Ah well. xD

Really hoping for a season 2. Might start reading the novels too.
Mar 23, 2012 7:07 PM

Jul 2010
iHeartTsugumi said:
CrossDivide said:
Great ending for a great series! Really loved the fight. Was surprised Issei sacrificed his left arm. And the use of holy water and the cross, he's smarter than he looks, after all x) He really deserved the kiss from Rias.

Was wondering why no one mentioned about Raizer's sister. She was blushing at Issei, seems like she fell in love too :P Call me weird, but I found his sister to be really cute :P

Yeah I felt it too, maybe there will be a time she will join Rias clan and be another Bishop.

Yeah she's now one of my favorite chars in DxD. Though I admit, I found her pretty bitchy at the start. Maybe she still is now, but oh well :) The creator didn't make her blush for no reason xD
Mar 23, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome fight and final episode, Issei was totally badass in his armor. Pretty decent show overall I would say.

But I have a question, the dragon said to Issei something about his face and his hands, anything else and his body won't last. What exactly does that mean, can't he sacrifice every part of his body?
ZhouMar 23, 2012 7:20 PM
Mar 23, 2012 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
Ahri said:
HammersFan10 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
HammersFan10 said:

What's there not to get?

I agree it's a good series but.....The serious lack of a love interests gives the series no drive for me.....I just find it really boring to watch an anime that has no love interests....Tears to Tiara pissed me off because all the girls liked the guy who was BARELY a main character, The main Character was Arthur.

I do agree that the fanservice is a tad annoying but it's bearable all for the sake of Issei and Rias paring <3.

This season my three top rated shows are Natsume, Chihayafuru, and Mirai Nikki (none of which are ecchi series) but I still think that HSDxD is a solid 8 and I look forward to it every week. It is what it is, folks: a harem comedy with supernatural overtones, some appealing heroines, and a great deal of ecchi--and it does that very well indeed. If you want to look at ecchi series which have not been well done there are a couple of great examples over the last few cours (Rio, anyone?). I watch Natsume even though there is no obvious romance element because of the strength of the other elements. I watch Chihayafuru largely because of the romantic triangle (although they've made Karuta much more exciting than I ever expected). I watch Mirai Nikki out of a desperate hope for a happy ending for Yuno (the real main character). And I watch HSDxD because it is fun....

Bring on season two. I'm looking forward to it.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 23, 2012 7:45 PM
Mar 2012
The episode was good, in fact, the anime itself was great. I give it a 9/10. For perfection, and leave me puzzled for a new season.
Mar 23, 2012 8:28 PM

Nov 2011
I had quite the low expectations for this anime, and I was pretty rewarded in the end. The ending was adorable. They looked so nice together.

I also got pretty attached to the cast as well. They're all a nice round of likable characters, which I was pretty surprised by. Also surprised by how plot-focused it was, despite all the boobs.

8/10 I'm crossing my fingers for a second season, as this is DEFINITELY one of the better ecchi shows out there.

kamikaze_1996 said:
wait a sec.......... girls actually watch this!?

Yes. ....Last time I checked I was a girl XD
Mar 23, 2012 8:48 PM

Feb 2012
Beedlebud said:
Yes. ....Last time I checked I was a girl XD

Made my day xD
Mar 23, 2012 8:48 PM
Jun 2008
hurray we can rejoice now all is safe & well.

yes best wedding crasher yea issei now rias' virginity said in front of everyone YES.

oh rias' brother is there pulled make wedding crash so we get issei vs raiser.

yet here it goes issei yea pulled I AM IRON MAN mode yet what a brawl give oh raiser does got a weakness the holy cross but 10 count too late.

always count on back-up combine with holy water ha ha ha raiser's face is all messed-up & gut punch down goes the d-bag raiser.

yep all good ride the griffen with rias get the kiss, risa moving to issei's house & get her to smile all is well in issei's world.

now got wonder expect s2 & funi i know you got it license so waiting for hear your dub on it.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 23, 2012 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
I will be very, very, surprised if there's a season 2, but heh, who knows.
7/10 - wanted to give an 8 but... bleh. It should've stuck to being just a pure fan service anime.
Mar 23, 2012 10:02 PM

Jan 2011
iron man moment
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Mar 23, 2012 10:27 PM

Sep 2011
I must say, Quite Satisfying.
Can't wait for Season 2
Mar 23, 2012 11:25 PM

Dec 2009
Story - 7/10
Animation - 8/10
Sound - 6.5/10
Characters - 8/10
Total - 8/10
Didn't know that I would enjoy this a lot.
Biggest surprise this season.
Mar 23, 2012 11:31 PM
Feb 2009
damn ... need a 2nd season
Mar 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Apr 2011
I FUCKING KNEW IT! I said a few episodes ago it looked like power armor! And guess what? I was right! Now I need to make that shiz and put in Skyrim.Or better. Get someone else to do it for me. :3
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 24, 2012 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
Nice ending. I hope there is a season 2.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 24, 2012 12:14 AM

Oct 2007
i for one hope they don't continue this. it was a good ending. if you follow the light novels there is so much more that comes after this with a few twists in it. wish they would've had a bit more conversation about not needing so many full blood demons but oh well. they did pretty good compacting all this into one ep
Mar 24, 2012 12:49 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, Issei finally beat the crap out of that Phoenix Jerk! Serves him right for having eny inducing harems! lol

Good to see the armor mode, it's so badass!

I can see that Reve isl being a potential harem lead. I hope Issei gets her.
MagitoMar 24, 2012 2:19 AM
Mar 24, 2012 1:00 AM

May 2011
Wasn't too bad
At least it didn't have the massive censor bars
Mar 24, 2012 1:48 AM
Dec 2011
This show wasn't epic by any means and the fan service was probably a little over done, but I really enjoyed watching it! Felt the same as when I watched Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka... neither show is going to be up for any awards (unless there's an award for most uncensored anime boobs on day-time TV), but I really looked forward to each new episode every week! I gave it an 8, but I'm gonna bump it up to a 9 because I liked it that much!
Mar 24, 2012 1:54 AM
Mar 2012
I was decided and I have give it a 9/10 :) nice anime
would occur if a second season I would hope to have more say 40-50 episodes :): X: D
Mar 24, 2012 2:18 AM

Jul 2010
Kurogashi said:
I will be very, very, surprised if there's a season 2, but heh, who knows.
7/10 - wanted to give an 8 but... bleh. It should've stuck to being just a pure fan service anime.
I will be very,very, very,super duper shocked if there isn't a season 2 of this anime. There are only certain reasons why an anime doesn't get a sequel. That is if they had a gecko ending,or didn't have enough volumes to cover.Another is if the sales are poor. Animes such as Samurai Girls couldn't get a sequel simply because they had a gecko ending. Infinite Stratos ain't getting a sequel YET because the author is having a massive crisis ahead of him.

Mar 24, 2012 2:24 AM

Apr 2011
CrossDivide said:
iHeartTsugumi said:
CrossDivide said:

Yeah she's now one of my favorite chars in DxD. Though I admit, I found her pretty bitchy at the start. Maybe she still is now, but oh well :) The creator didn't make her blush for no reason xD

Good to know I'm not the only one who likes her. I think she makes a good addition to Issei's growing harem.A nice bonus prize for winning against her brother.
MagitoMar 24, 2012 3:08 AM
Mar 24, 2012 3:17 AM

Jul 2011
Good ending, maybe too simple but many shows have already failed to make a final like this.

Best ecchi of this season
Mar 24, 2012 3:47 AM

Feb 2010
good watch hope for 2nd seasion 7/10.
Mar 24, 2012 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Great finale episode to the season :)

Issei sacrificing his arm in order to beat Raiser- he's taken a step up in my book. The battle was pretty good, using holy water and a cross is smart thinking so he's not the typical MC lead in which he gains a massive power up to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Raiser showing fear= priceless :)

Issei and Rias scene at the end was nice to watch as well (:

Although this is a ecchi series, this was pretty good for me one of the surprises of the season as it was fun had comedy, some romance and action. 8/10

Alot, alot better than the Ecchi anime that was released in the last anime season.

I'm happy if it ends like this but with the light novel's ongoing, the chances of a second season is not that low.

This is a series to watch if you just want to relax and laugh and have fun, if you're looking for this series to be serious and action packed then you have to look elsewhere but what it does this series manages to do it really well :).

If you don't like the fanservice in this show then just don't watch it instead of moaning that it's in the show when you choose to watch it.
removed-userMar 24, 2012 4:38 AM
Mar 24, 2012 4:18 AM

Jan 2011
Flamereel17 said:
Great finale episode to the season :)

Issei sacrificing his arm in order to beat Raiser- he's taken a step up in my book. The battle was pretty good, using holy water and a cross is smart thinking so he's not the typical MC lead in which he gains a massive power up to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Raiser showing fear= priceless :)

Issei and Rias scene at the end was nice to watch as well (:

Although this is a ecchi series, this was pretty good for me one of the surprises of the season as it was fun had comedy, some romance and action. 8/10

Alot, alot better than the Ecchi anime that was released in the last anime reason.

I'm happy if it ends like this but with the light novel's ongoing, the chances of a second season is not that low.

This is a series to watch if you just want to relax and laugh and have fun, if you're looking for this series to be serious and action packed then you have to look elsewhere but what it does this series manages to do it really well :).

If you don't like the fanservice in this show then just don't watch it instead of moaning that it's in the show when you choose to watch it.

completely agree with your post!
Mar 24, 2012 4:53 AM

Oct 2011
great ending!!! a show i just couldn't help but be charmed by (even with all the cliched power-ups/weapons), and stunning art to boot (some of the most attractive female figures ever seen in anime)...this episode was pure entertainment from beginning to end - amazing battle scenes and a beautiful love story.....still, one has to feel sorry for asia...definitely looks like they're hinting at a season two - hope that happens!
octal9Mar 24, 2012 5:00 AM
Mar 24, 2012 5:54 AM

Jan 2011
Too bad it ended, I'm really hoping for a second season, shitty harem that isn't shitty needs my respect. 8/10
Mar 24, 2012 7:34 AM
Feb 2012
if there is a season 2 we do hope the other evil chess piece will appear like the other rook, knight and bishop.

plus more about the dragons being the race above all of the devils, angels and fallen
Mar 24, 2012 7:51 AM

Dec 2011
Glad that this ended well. That was such a great kiss at the end.
Mar 24, 2012 8:31 AM
Jun 2008
yea give i guess issei can also now got IRON MAN mode http://tenka.seiha.org/images3/dxd12/44.jpg

yea so issei is IRON MAN so make raiser a loki yea sure raiser may got an army but issei got a HULK aka dragon armor mode.

ha ha yep all well got the kiss & get the girl to smile http://tenka.seiha.org/images3/dxd12/92.jpg
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 24, 2012 10:33 AM
Mar 2012
I think season 2 will appear as something said by a white dragon Iisei no pet. Ponix not know how the name is what happens with him and his sister also. I think I hope to show a season and most of all to have more episodes to say 40-50 or more. Who's with me :D
Mar 24, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Very nice ending to a mediocre series. The story was full of cliche and the ecchi was just too much, but the characters and the action were good and it was certainly worth watching. 6/10

Mar 24, 2012 2:59 PM
Mar 2012
It followed the LN pretty well so I am relieved about that and the pacing was fine. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it so 8.5 or 9 out of 10. Hoping they continue with a season 2!
Mar 24, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2008
ok...when was the last time i watched a super ecchi anime with good plot?
this... 8/10 just because i have 9 and 10 for more memorabble things....but it deserves a 10
S2 fast!! please!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 24, 2012 3:46 PM
Feb 2011
Despite the fact it was very predictable a lot of the time the show was great. But the last few episodes were to much like your typical shonen. Issei was also your typical shonen action hero. All the major fights were left to Issei... I want more of the other characters to show there abilities.

Akeno was indeed the best character but the others in the group were really good as well (sadists <3). Was missing a masochist!

I would welcome a second season if they laid off the boring predictable action scenes.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

34 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.