Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2012 5:07 PM

Apr 2010
No "Bitches and Whores"? Or does he not say that until later in the fight?

Mar 24, 2012 5:27 PM

Jan 2010
Didn't think it was bad, I enjoyed it. But yeah, I definetely prefer the way Adachi is portrayed in the game. He is too batshit crazy here, they exaggerated his character. Besides, they cut out the conversation he had with the team just before their fight, so that was disappointing. I hope they somehow include it next episode though.

And I agree that the game portrays the characters much better than the anime overall, but to be fair I DID prefer the anime's portrayal of Kubo. I mean, he actually looks like a human being in the anime(...sort of). And he isn't as annoying as his game counterpart.
YunoleffMar 24, 2012 5:37 PM
Mar 24, 2012 5:28 PM
Dec 2007
Well, they were forced to rush the episode, but it was still really well directed anyway. Plus Adachi felt even more evil than in the game, which I loved (and remember that this part of the game was kind of rushed too).

Bob_Squob said:
CALLED IT.

And how did I call it? Not based on any actual clues, but because he was the only named minor character. There were literally no other suspects. And MAN did his personality do a complete 180 in this episode.

Actually there were two scenes in the game/anime that could indicate that Adachi was the culprit : the first one was the scene at the Dojimas' house where he is drinking and he accidentally lets out after Dojima has gone upstairs that he is the most clever guy in the police department and all the other policemen are dumb as shit (God syndrome someone ? Especially when the guy seems like a total moron and still claims to be a genius, I found that highly fishy in the game and immediately suspected him - without any proof that's true, just detective intuition one might say ;)) and the second one is right after the road accident involving Namatame and Dojima as Naoto pointed out (how could he not be surprised at this point unless he knew the whole story behind the murders ?).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 24, 2012 5:40 PM

Oct 2011
RyanSaotome said:

He never actually said “bitches and whores” in the game if I recall correctly, but he did refer to Saki and Mayumi as bitches.
Mar 24, 2012 5:45 PM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:

Commie actually had that in their subtitles.

http://i.imgur.com/rlK9b.png
Mar 24, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2010
Commiesubs did translate one of his lines with "bitches and whores" though.

edit: ninja'd by FlashFumo
Mar 24, 2012 6:13 PM
Dec 2007
Jacut said:
Well, they were forced to rush the episode, but it was still really well directed anyway. Plus Adachi felt even more evil than in the game, which I loved (and remember that this part of the game was kind of rushed too).

Bob_Squob said:
CALLED IT.

And how did I call it? Not based on any actual clues, but because he was the only named minor character. There were literally no other suspects. And MAN did his personality do a complete 180 in this episode.

Actually there were two scenes in the game/anime that could indicate that Adachi was the culprit : the first one was the scene at the Dojimas' house where he is drinking and he accidentally lets out after Dojima has gone upstairs that he is the most clever guy in the police department and all the other policemen are dumb as shit (God syndrome someone ? Especially when the guy seems like a total moron and still claims to be a genius, I found that highly fishy in the game and immediately suspected him - without any proof that's true, just detective intuition one might say ;)) and the second one is right after the road accident involving Namatame and Dojima as Naoto pointed out (how could he not be surprised at this point unless he knew the whole story behind the murders ?).
There's a few more at the start too. He throws up after seeing Yamano's body. When he threw her into the tv he wasn't thinking on killing her, he didn't even know she would die. He just wanted to teach her a lesson. So when he saw the gruesome body he had the usual reaction of disgust at seeing your first kill. That's part of the reason he took the off-hands road once he found out Namatame could put people into the tv too. There's more clues too, Adachi is always the one giving Yuu and the gang clues about the suspects and goading them onward with "slips of the tongue". He was ALWAYS THERE whenever the gang was checking a future suspect and everytime he talked he would always let somthing slip like "oh, we think the Amagi girl might have killed her and escaped" or "we can't find Kubo"...little things to ensure the gang kept looking. It was a game after all, he couldn't make them stop halfway. He only sent the letter telling Yuu to stop saving people because it was no fun if no more victims showed up.

The rest of the clues are little things you only learn from random NPC's through the game and only if you do your usual RPG "talk to everyone" thing, then you'd learn things like Adachi being spotted near schools hitting on girls and so on. Either way, it's actually not completely out of left field, but it definately isn't easy to guess.

Mar 24, 2012 6:51 PM
Oct 2010
I hope there will be
Mar 24, 2012 8:29 PM
Dec 2007
OtakuronZ said:
I hope there will be
First one yes, since he's the one behind everything...technically. Second one no unless they extend it an episode or add it in BD OVA. But like I said...

Mar 24, 2012 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
Total 25 episode, I can see that it is Good end instead of Best end, how disappointing.
Mar 24, 2012 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
I have absolutely no idea why people are complaining about this episode. I find it completely fine with how they revealed the culprit and him explaining how he's guilty of all those murders.

For those who played the game....
TheLawMar 24, 2012 11:49 PM
Mar 25, 2012 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
TheLaw said:
I have absolutely no idea why people are complaining about this episode. I find it completely fine with how they revealed the culprit and him explaining how he's guilty of all those murders.

For those who played the game....

I hope
Mar 25, 2012 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
^Cause timeslots have schedules, you can't add another episode on a whim like that. Even if they do first half Adachi and the 2nd half true end, it'd be incredibly rushed. At best OVA or something extra.

I sorta feel they didn't do Adachi justice, cause I really found his accusations about the group in the game interesting, how they were just as carefree as he was. (Investigation team was a bit too happy-go-lucky to me). He's a great villain though.

Guess you can't adapt a game like P4 properly :/ too much to cover. I don't think you can adapt both the social links and plot and do them justice :X the games setup in a way that has the S.links supplement the plot but thats way too much to cover for an anime. Social links were fairly well done, but the plots a bit of a mess.
Mar 25, 2012 2:56 AM

May 2010
Veryl said:

Guess you can't adapt a game like P4 properly :/ too much to cover.

agreed. pretty much the only thing that makes the animation's pace went bad.

THE REAPER YEY

brosuke part so out of place. anyway that's not a good yaoi material at all. old school bud relationship is old. prefers narukami x adachi a lot more. "who's the lonely one?" yeahhh

really hoping for an ova.
Mar 25, 2012 5:28 AM
Dec 2008
Aw... no true ending.

At least it has Adachi and the Reaper though, I am quite satisfied with the episode.
Mar 25, 2012 1:28 PM
Jun 2010
LadyElia said:
You can find The Reaper in New Game+. Do you have to complain about every little detail?
Damn assholes. They'd rather complain about shit nobody cares about instead of enjoying the anime. See Guilty Crown for future references. (And GC was ironic as fuck, so many watchers yet so many complainers, lots of masochists on this site.)

Well EXCUUUUUuuuuse me, princess.

I guess some people like one of the personifications of death in P3 reduced to a contrived plot device used to split up the investigation team, and presumably dispatched as canon fodder.

Reaper was an easter egg in P4, nothing more. May as well make Demifiend from Nocturne pop up too. Let's make Sephiroth and Pyramid Head pop up too, you know, cause they're cool.

Don't care about GC, pretty character designs I guess, but whatever. I'm guessing it's the only reason people continue watching shows like GC or BRS if they think the story is crap.

Vanisher said:
Adachi was WAY COOLER in the game =(

maybe he will talk more during next episode...?

Pretty much this. Doubtful anime can recover his character seeing there's only one (or two?) episodes left, but I hope so...I'd love for my previous complaints to be rendered invalid.
Mar 25, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2010
maarsaalis said:
STM said:
lol, this was so bad. I'm glad this will be over in a week.

says someone who rated umineko 9/10.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

On topic

Mar 25, 2012 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
prinn said:

May as well make Demifiend from Nocturne pop up too.

If this happens I would come in my pants.

Still hoping there's a secret 26th episode. If it doesn't happen then I will be very disappointed with their planning.
Mar 25, 2012 10:19 PM

Feb 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Jacut said:

Bob_Squob said:
CALLED IT.

There's a few more at the start too. He throws up after seeing Yamano's body. When he threw her into the tv he wasn't thinking on killing her, he didn't even know she would die. He just wanted to teach her a lesson. So when he saw the gruesome body he had the usual reaction of disgust at seeing your first kill. That's part of the reason he took the off-hands road once he found out Namatame could put people into the tv too. There's more clues too, Adachi is always the one giving Yuu and the gang clues about the suspects and goading them onward with "slips of the tongue". He was ALWAYS THERE whenever the gang was checking a future suspect and everytime he talked he would always let somthing slip like "oh, we think the Amagi girl might have killed her and escaped" or "we can't find Kubo"...little things to ensure the gang kept looking. It was a game after all, he couldn't make them stop halfway. He only sent the letter telling Yuu to stop saving people because it was no fun if no more victims showed up.

The rest of the clues are little things you only learn from random NPC's through the game and only if you do your usual RPG "talk to everyone" thing, then you'd learn things like Adachi being spotted near schools hitting on girls and so on. Either way, it's actually not completely out of left field, but it definately isn't easy to guess.

even though it is in hindsight easy to guess, i was stumped the entire game.

at the screen where you choose who you think the killer is, i momentarily thought it was dojima, thats how much of an air head i am :P. it was like 5 minutes before it dawned on me that im an idiot and he wouldnt try to kill his own daughter. i am sadly one of the few people who didnt realize the culprit until the moment the multiple choice quiz was presented in front of me.

the problem with making an anime from a game is that its going to get criticized more harshly than others because there is something to compare it too. if this was a shorter game it would be easier, but persona 4 is just too massive of a game to cram into 25-26 episodes so some things will just get left out. i can forgive the creators for that.
Mar 25, 2012 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
bobby71983 said:
the problem with making an anime from a game is that its going to get criticized more harshly than others because there is something to compare it too. if this was a shorter game it would be easier, but persona 4 is just too massive of a game to cram into 25-26 episodes so some things will just get left out. i can forgive the creators for that.

I won't forgive them if they left out the true ending though. That ending is an important part of the game, since it shows the results of the character's hard work in forming all those different social links. That's why I strongly believe they will do the true ending. If they put that scene in the normal ending boss I'll still be disappointed. The theme of this anime is bonds and finding the truth. To find the truth, they will have to do the true ending.
Mar 26, 2012 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
Oh, I almost forgot.

I CAME EVERYWHERE WHEN LONG WAY STARTED PLAYING. FUCK YEAH, LONG WAY.
Mar 26, 2012 3:52 AM

Aug 2010
Ah, so it really was Adachi. Interesting. Not a terribad episode 3/5.
Mar 26, 2012 6:21 AM

Jul 2011
- Yousuke fight is so out of place , it should have been left out completely.
- kuma's return felt so fast.
- I like the anime version of adachi better he looks more badass here and the cliff hanger is epic.
- hope there will be true ending in ova or something since the social links are pointless without it . Or maybe they will

- And only two people against the reaper , LOL . The reaper will curbstomp them even all of the party are present
Mar 27, 2012 9:00 AM
Jul 2011
azzyzx said:

well i felt like it some kind of pun, when i draged to kuma emotion about sad being only a shadow. And suddenly say "eh . . "(its not big problem). and then fire brust sniffing adachi for nanako sake.
Mar 27, 2012 5:40 PM
Dec 2007
lukavminaev said:
azzyzx said:

well i felt like it some kind of pun, when i draged to kuma emotion about sad being only a shadow. And suddenly say "eh . . "(its not big problem). and then fire brust sniffing adachi for nanako sake.
It took about the same amount of time it did in the game...Do I need to remind everyone that in the game you take longer because YOU ARE PLAYING AROUND BETWEEN CUTSCENES!? Of course it'll feel longer if you're going around doing rounds of "talk to everyone".

Mar 27, 2012 5:57 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah, a little rushed.

So they found out it was Adachi and now Yuu's already facing off with him with 1 ep to go? Not much time to clean up.

At least it seems like Izanagi vs Izanagi next week!
Mar 28, 2012 8:39 AM

Mar 2009
I'm guessing I'm like one of three people who actually enjoyed this episode. I don't mind the pacing too much either. I played the game for 146+ hours on a first play through-- I don't want a long anime that details every little thing from that lengthy (but enjoyable) game.

I believe there's a possibility that they'll just compress a LOT of information into the last episode to do the true ending. However, they've dropped so many hints about the true ending that it will be done. I'd imagine a fast fight with Adachi, the second boss behind him, a timeskip to March and then discovering everyone's favorite Goddess-- simply because it isn't Megaten without a showdown with a Goddess. Oh and maybe everyone's personae will evolve during the fight or something. Just a guess. *shrugs.*
Mar 31, 2012 6:52 PM

Aug 2010
Finally Psycho-Adachi is so awesome!! and it's true "The world is full of Shit" lol

fuck the trainwreck this is persona!!
Apr 1, 2012 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
Meh episode, I didn't play the game so I can't really make a call unfortunately.
Apr 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Jan 2011
Good episode overall although it was a bit rushed.
Adachi is the culprit, and he's going insane.
Next episode will the the finale, an ova or something might come later.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Oct 2007
Are you serious.... he killed them because he can't get them to lick his balls? What a lame reason D: did he get fired from his Team Rocket job because he can't catch Pikachu over 9999999 episodes? SIGH, talk about disappointment... thought he would have a cooler motive.
iLove3PMay 25, 2012 9:30 PM
Jun 13, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
Bob_Squob said:
And MAN did his personality do a complete 180 in this episode.

LOL I know right.

Shits about to go down next episode!
Jul 6, 2012 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
it was mostly all talk for the most part, but i was right on my suspicions for the culprit. adachi is such a different person from what he seems...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2012 8:23 PM

Oct 2011
I was overly disappointed with the ending. Actually, I was pretty disappointed in the anime all together. That's what I get for getting excited over an anime based on the game that I loved. =_=;
Jul 22, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
prinn said:
"Episode is Full of Shit"

Rushed. As Hell. Pacing, awful.

Adachi is portrayed like a COCKY megalomaniac now....what the hell. Having Death from P3 was cute and all, but at Adachi's bidding? That is BALLS.

Teddie revealed as a Shadow....rushed as hell.

Anyone wanting to see the REAL Adachi, watch:
The Master Plan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmEhwZXxLRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEqTchT3FU
The Confrontation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wxNNXd0lA

Even English dubbed, this portrayal of Adachi was WAY better.

Not surprised the episode was a trainwreck, but was hoping I'd be wrong. It was kind of cute having Yuu face Adachi 1 on 1...and also stupidly contrived. Adachi should be able to take them all on by himself.

Thanks for the links, now I can't help but feel that the anime did a poor job :(
Still enjoyed the episode though.
Jan 3, 2013 9:21 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, and I thought the Velvet Room was weird last episode, Kuma is in it this episode? The heeeeeelll? And how did Yu's voice reach him all the way there?

Eeeeeeeh. Yosuke's little "rant" sounded a lot like a confession...Ugh. Then Yu punches him while he's still ranting, HAHAHA. So Yosuke's maxed out by having a brawl with Yu, so manly.

ADACHI WAS THE CULPRIT?!? THE FUCK? That joker? Whaaaaat.

Wow, Adachi's Persona is also some form of Izanagi? That's pretty cool.
Jan 19, 2013 9:01 AM
Jul 2018

Creepy. To think that Adachi is the killer. He does have other side of him. And a maniac.
oh. His Persona is also named as Izanagi.
Apr 7, 2013 3:35 PM

Sep 2012
It was a bit rushed. That is the worst reason to kill someone.
Apr 7, 2013 4:42 PM
Mar 2013
I agree with Bias.

I hope it's not just me but, the series in general I found very confusing because everything seems to be crammed together with funny twists every other episode. D:
Jul 20, 2013 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
Teddie broke my heart so much. ;_;
Jan 6, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Extra long episode. Some anime get away with changing episode lengths. I haven't seen that in the past couple years.
Oct 1, 2014 10:04 AM

Feb 2013
Well I enjoyed it even if it was a bit rushed. I was not expecting to see The Reaper o.o. I'm surprised they didn't all get one shot by him lol.

Looking forward to the final fight with Adachi next ep.
Mar 1, 2015 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
it was really obvious that the adachi is the killer. I'm kinda disappointed considering how amazing the last couple of episodes were.
but does adachi have the same persona power as yu? the one that allows him to use multiple personas? if so, then this next battle is gonna be epic…i hope.
Sep 1, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2016
I see Adachi being the culprit since chapter 2 or 3. As a policemen he had all the right connections the other option was Yu's Uncle but I didn't think that they would take this to a familiar brawl so Adachi was the best choice.

Still rushed but awesome, Adachi's persona is so freaking cool and his monologue has some interesting points.
Oct 13, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
Yosuke and Yuu are truly best ship lol

Felt a bit rushed overall but I still enjoyed the revelations we got in this episode.
Jul 31, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2015
I KNEW IT! he was too much of a goofball. Adachi really did a 180 and turned out to be one bored scumbag for killing those people and manipulating Namatame to do bad stuff, all just for this 'game'.

May 21, 2023 4:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh finally the big revelations with Akechi being the killer and planned everything since the beginning even though some elements played in his favor sadly, now it's time for the ultimate fight
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.