Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 13, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
6/10 for this series. It was entertaining at the start but overall a pretty mediocre series.
Jun 15, 2012 8:57 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending. BRS vs IBRS was awesome.. that super big cannon thing was cool too.

Jun 18, 2012 10:07 AM

Mar 2009
4/10 >_> i though that the OVA was better.
Jun 24, 2012 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder when the OST for this will come out. I really enjoyed the insert song towards the latter half when the worlds started to merge.
Jul 5, 2012 11:12 AM

Jul 2011
I loved it, very nicely done. I was a little confused when I watched the OVA first, cuz I didnt get anything at all and I thought this will be another shi**y crap. I was wrong, I enjoyerd it. I heared there is going to be a movie ( OVA2) of it, I hope they contune with this anime cuz it needs more than 8 eps.
5/5
10/10
Jul 6, 2012 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
I really enjoyed this one even with the flaws the battle scenes were really good and I love happy endings 8/10 for me
Jul 12, 2012 1:05 PM
Feb 2008
So is their a reason why Yuu stayed young while Saya aged? I think that had me scratching my head the most. Felt like the OVA was alot better. The art direction for the other world was kind of neat Meh overall though
Jul 25, 2012 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
While it started with a lot of flaws I think the show was executed well in the end. 9/10
Aug 1, 2012 9:51 AM

Jan 2010
Words cannot describe how much I seriously disliked this series from the original OVA. 6/10
Aug 17, 2012 9:05 PM
Aug 2008
So moral of the story is to not beat around the bush or people in other worlds will die lol Say it straight up yo!

I thought the animation was fantastic and I love each of the characters. Very enjoyable.
Aug 23, 2012 12:38 AM

Aug 2012
is it just me, or dose the name of this series sound like a reference to heroin
Sep 15, 2012 1:10 PM

May 2012
Great final episode really brings out the whole plot! Just loved this rather short Anime but still was really wonderful to experience each episode!

A great anime, up to the OVA! 9/10
Sep 24, 2012 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
At least we understood what the fck was going on .... -.-
Sep 26, 2012 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
I loved the character designs. The storyline was definitely unique ^^
Sep 27, 2012 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
Boba_Fett said:
Great final episode really brings out the whole plot! Just loved this rather short Anime but still was really wonderful to experience each episode!

A great anime, up to the OVA! 9/10

The OVA is pretty the same. It's just the ending is a cliffhanger.

Oct 31, 2012 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like I've thrown three hours of my life away
Nov 1, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
vomitchan said:
I feel like I've thrown three hours of my life away

I feel you sis
Nov 17, 2012 5:12 AM
Jul 2018

The ova was way better. Especially the art.

6/10
Dec 30, 2012 5:28 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
last 2 episodes raised my score from 9/10 to 10/10 .. this anime was simply amazing and unque

Started with really depressing,disturbing and sad....
But ended really bright and happy...

I really wanted sayo sensei to die first..cuz i thought she was brainwashing everyone...
but after everything got explained and how actually she tried to help everyone..

but yeah epic tearjerking at end..
but yeah...anime was really unique and good xD

The 1 ep ova .. i rated 6/10 cuz it didnt explain anything..

But this was simply amazing
Jan 2, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2012
It was very colorful and I liked the animation but I was still really confused for most of the show... Not really sure what happened in the end (or why for that matter) but it was still really fun to watch :D. I like Hana's voice for Mato.

I'll give it a 7/10 since I didn't really understand the whole other-world plot deal.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Jan 8, 2013 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
Well, great final episode.

The story was quite enjoyable, the CG was good (which is why I watched the show, I was interested in the CG).

Character wise, I liked it!

I'd give it a 7.5/10, but I'll round it up to 8!
Jan 30, 2013 11:58 PM
Nov 2012
kinda confusing ending but it was alright. watching the ova first i was thinking it was gonna be worse. didn't expect it to be those psychological anime
overall 7/10
Feb 2, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
It was ok, went a little to fast for me and left me confused at some parts. The fight scenes were nice though. 6/10 overall.
Mar 17, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
SergioSource said:
only thing that saves it is the fights. Could have been executed much, much better.

This anime is full of useless drama and over-attached posessive lunatics, this episode kinda saved it so I gave it a 4/10.
I'm not sure if i'm stupid or if it just doesn't make that much sense..or perhaps it does but it wasn't properly explained.
Anyways, nice fighting, nice ending and black rock shooter ( the character ) is really fun to watch. That's about it. Other than that, despite the limited number of episodes, I nearly dropped it. It was dull.
Insert wise quote here
Apr 1, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2011
the OVA was better, but this show isn't bad either.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 10, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm, it's hard for me to put a rating on this.
Somewhere between a 7 and an 8.
Apr 24, 2013 1:26 AM

Oct 2011
Not sure why the top two reviews on the anime's MAL page are a 4 and 5 out of 10 respectively. Shit's fucked if you ask me. I mean, I gave it a 7 but it definitely wasn't bad. I had a really good time with this one despite some of its shortcomings.

I don't know, I guess I feel like it's being crucified for no reason.
May 1, 2013 8:46 PM

Dec 2011
While the drama was overplayed and personalities were slightly unrealistic, the plot is explained adequately enough... there are a few moments where it becomes confusing due to a lack of detail, like with Yuu suddenly becoming forgotten and Saya emotionally abusing people, but nothing to merit 4's and 5's.
7.5/10
May 6, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2011
Vaonari said:
While the drama was overplayed and personalities were slightly unrealistic, the plot is explained adequately enough... there are a few moments where it becomes confusing due to a lack of detail, like with Yuu suddenly becoming forgotten and Saya emotionally abusing people, but nothing to merit 4's and 5's.
7.5/10

My thoughts exactly. Strange how much unmerited hate went into those reviews on the main page.
Jul 18, 2013 11:53 AM
May 2013
Just finished the series and kinda surprised about the hate it's received.
On a strictly superficial level:
-The artwork was decent in the real world, and spectacularly creative and beautiful in the alternate,
-The story actually made sense and for me, was sufficiently explained. Any questions I had about the various character's motivations were all satisfactorily explained.
The soundtrack was good (can't go wrong with HM imo ;))
The characters were engaging and I was made to care about all of them (except Kagari who just never managed to be sympathetic at any point)

On a somewhat deeper level, the message that a person's life is going to get messy from time to time if they actually intend to *live* it, is a valid and valuable one.

And with everything said and done, they also managed to pull off a happy ending, which always works for me, so yeah. I liked it and I'll watch it again. :)
Aug 22, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
The OVA was better...far much better... :/
Sep 22, 2013 6:57 AM

May 2012
I didn't like the ending, but the TV series is much better than OVA. The TV series was more emotional and introduced more characters. Though, I prefer the character design from the OVA

8/10 for TV series and 6/10 for OVA
thepathSep 22, 2013 7:02 AM
Dec 28, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2012
I am happy in the end that all the girls can now live their lives with feeling all of their emotions. Also all the worlds are merged in that other reality.

Great series!!!
Jan 20, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
The Fights were entertaining but the story kinda meh. The ending was Ok I guess.

Always-HungryJun 13, 2014 1:13 PM
Jan 26, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
I just finished this, and to be honest, it was kind of confusing and hard to follow. Maybe I might understand more if I watch the OVA. In the last episode I did have a lot of my questions answered, but some of the episodes were kind of hard to enjoy because of the lack of detail until the very end.
Feb 1, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2013
I dint really understand this really much but its ok anime
Why did the violet BRS became there enemy?

6/10 i usually rate anime 7-8 so 6 is a very low rating for me :(
Mar 15, 2014 7:17 AM

Aug 2011
The_Gray_Otaku said:
Just finished the series and kinda surprised about the hate it's received.
On a strictly superficial level:
-The artwork was decent in the real world, and spectacularly creative and beautiful in the alternate,
-The story actually made sense and for me, was sufficiently explained. Any questions I had about the various character's motivations were all satisfactorily explained.
The soundtrack was good (can't go wrong with HM imo ;))
The characters were engaging and I was made to care about all of them (except Kagari who just never managed to be sympathetic at any point)

On a somewhat deeper level, the message that a person's life is going to get messy from time to time if they actually intend to *live* it, is a valid and valuable one.

And with everything said and done, they also managed to pull off a happy ending, which always works for me, so yeah. I liked it and I'll watch it again. :)

Couldn't have explained it better myself.

Rating - 8 of 10
Apr 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
Now i learned the importance of having friends and how hurt others and how to defend yourself from your enemies 9/10 for me... The feels are fantastic i`ll treasure this valuable memories within myself to figure our more about my real self...
Jul 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
lmaoo it tried so hard to execute a story and just fell flat on it's face. The only thing cool about the show was the character designs for the other world. If they stuck to the real world and the relationships between the characters it might had a chance to be good.

4/10
Aug 16, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
That was a badly executed dramatic ending for a series with underdeveloped characters that were difficult to relate to and feel attached to.

The OVA was able to portray friendships onscreen to a much better degree.
Aug 23, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2014
What the hell just fucking happened.
This show lost me so hard. So many plot holes. So many unanswered questions.
The fight scenes are awesome all the way through. But they got kinda bland once BRS went nuts.
The story was dull and confusing but the small scenes of friendship helped carry it through until the battles started again.
It started off really strong, then lost itself in the middle. But at least it had a happy ending. sooo..7/10 i guess. I'm a fairly generous rater..
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 27, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
I like the characters and the fight scenes are great,but the plot is bad.
There is a different world that just kind of popped into existence and people can also travel there...somehow.

It kind of feels like the had 2 different ideas for anime,one about schoolgirls and one about girls fighting in a fantasy world, and instead picking one they throw them both together.
Sep 12, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
Great story! I liked very much the anime and the battle with colours.... Everyone have his colour, and have three.... :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 18, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
great battle and all but i still don't understand how yuu never ages
Dec 5, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
In the sequel of this anime, it will become another one of those generic romcom anime, where a male protagonist comes in, and the 4 "renewed vision/aure" girls will take a liking to him, and have silce of life comedy happen in the show, you can count the teacher/guidance councilor in and that will be 5, plot twist the male also has an other self, and BRS harem revamp, fight scenes all over again, the end lol..
I bet the ratings would explode like any other of those genres of animes do in the industry *w* r
Nah who am i kidding, this anime's ending is actually pretty good imo, no strings, no loops just a clean fresh good ending :DD
Feb 7, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
Great conclusion! HanaKana monologue at the end was touching end to this mini-series.

I enjoyed it all the way. There were many hidden motives, and I would say it was great portrayal of high-school girls emotions and feelings. There were also those little details, character gestures or other bits you could only notice when you paid attention. It was great to see things hidden from casual view and it definitely has rewatch potential.

Those battles were litterally portrayal of clash of contradictory emotions, and it was visually pretty well done when one thinks about it. One can also view them like things only happening in their brains, like metaphor or personification rather than actual Otherworld. I also like how the bird story and those colors were intertwined with everythings else in the story. This series really had two layers and it's shame some people only saw one.

If you took this as fighting anime with some added drama, you really were doing something wrong.
Because this was school drama with another layer of visual drama underneath it (yes, those fights really wasn't there just for effect, you always had to ask important questions of who is doing what and why)

Count huke's designs to it and you have it complete. So, in the end, I am going to give pretty high score.

8/10
Feb 19, 2015 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
Ultimeto attack! Rainbow Cannon!

Fight scenes were good, fun to watch. All the traumatic psychological stuff and phrases like: "Let's be in pain together" ruined this anime for me. 3/10.
Feb 21, 2015 1:50 PM

Feb 2015
I finished watching this series today... I don't really know what to say about it. It was such a strange experience. The anime started off very strong, but got confusing for me in the later episodes. I also was a bit disappointed that Kagari's story ended so early, and she kind of became irrelevant in the later episodes. She really was my favourite character (personality- and design-wise), would've loved to see her having had a bigger role in the end.
The beautiful animation, awesome character designs and over the top action scenes in the 'other world' pretty much carried the last few episodes for me. I did like the ending, though.

7/10
Mar 6, 2015 6:20 PM

Feb 2015
Great series! This is alot better than the OVA (imo but I liked the OVA's art better). The first few episodes were confusing but it got better in the end. 8/10.
Apr 6, 2015 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
Yuu is enraged about her rough past when she was in the real world and that no one would understand what pain she went through. However Strength believes that Yuu has strayed too long away from reality and in order to free Yuu of her fears and doubts, Strength decides she must perish in order to show Yuu that the her world is still bright and flourishing (growing up together with Mato).

Mato's able finally separate her conscious from IBRS and joining minds with BRS. Mato admits she regrets hurting others by putting all her doubts and worries in the hands of not only BRS but other "Otherselves" as well. IBRS acknowledges that they were made for that one purpose only and Mato disagrees by deciding she wants to see pain herself to "experience" the colours as she compares it to her book.

At the same time everyone in the real world seems to regain memory of their former-selves as the Otherworld breaks apart due to the conflict between IBRS and BRS. In doing so, the Otherselves heed the call of protecting their other forms because they care too much for their real counterparts despite having no emotions and act mainly on instinct. The colours from each of the Otherselves worlds collide and merge into one space once they lend their power to take down IBRS.

By the end, the girls have become more "grown up" while in the newly formed Otherworld, Strength becomes whole again and will continue to endure the pains and worries that may occur in events to come as stated by BRS.

Aside from the rushed cliche ending and some overdone drama throughout, it was still a unique concept that left me wanting more as I take an interest in psychological-related themes and of course, the world and characters of the Otherworld (unfortunate IBRS was the villain, bad ass to the end). It definitely has rewatchability but as said previously, some of the drama was a bit over the top and unnecessary.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.