Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Aug 2010
That was quite good...except Shinobu of course. I think we'll get second season though.
Mar 20, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
2nd season announcement.. hurry come !!
Mar 20, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
itsvero said:
Dammmmmit. Why did the others have to come, I was so excited to see Taichi and Chihaya in his room, together and alone! /shamelessfangirling
OHH MY GODDD I KNOW!!!!! DAMN THEM COCKBLOCKS!!!! X_______X

AND DAMN.. IM DEPRESSED T____T

This show is AWESOME but I hear it doesnt get very good ratings in Japan, so idk of the possibility of a second season will be..

BUT WE DESPERATELY NEED A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!! T___________T

HOW DARE THEY INTRODUCE A NEW CHARACTER WHEN WE HAVE ONE MORE EPISODE LEFT!!!!!!! T________________T

I will NOT accept the typical anime ending where they want us all to continue it in the manga! I WANNA SEE IT ANIMATED!!!!!! T____________T
Mar 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
Lol, it was hilarious when Shinobu just only realized she felt heavier because she ate too much ice cream and gained weight. I like her a bit more now. When we last saw her, I thought she was pissed that someone may be able to go against her, but in reality, she just loved the karuta cards themselves.
Mar 20, 2012 2:56 PM
Apr 2010
This is the definite highlight of the ep:

XD XD XD XD XD XD
Mar 20, 2012 3:11 PM
Nov 2011
Doesnt Hisashi Suo look somewhat like Gambit from Xmen? Lol
Mar 20, 2012 3:38 PM

Jul 2011
seishi-sama said:
So, how many people removed Shinobu from their favorites after watching this episode?

What? Why? D:

I was surprised to see the Queen put on weight... but she's still awesome.

Lol Taichi...

Sorry, still an Arata fan. XD
Mar 20, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
EPIC EPISODE
Liked the small chihayaxtaichixtaichi's mom in beginning, was fun
Then games start... OPERATION NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT BROADCAST TIMES FTW
Got to see a bit of Shinobu's bio, I don't care if she got fat, reason why makes her win yo. PLus everything I know about her too. I actually didn't like her much until this episode. She turned from arrogant champ who likes cute things, to one who loves the cards and treats them as admired friends.
Sadly as expected Yumi lost though, Idk why ppl hate her so much still lol. But the support she is given and her perseverance proves she is a good person.
Anyways, the Master's match is beginning and the unknown master looks BOSS. When he grabbed that card they showed, I was LIKE WTFCRAZYFASTSONBITCH
Anyways was cool until challenger said he was starting to hate Karuta because of that game. Anyways, last episode next week, it'll be scary if theres not a second season...
Mar 20, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2010
seishi-sama said:
So, how many people removed Shinobu from their favorites after watching this episode?

Well, even if the anime doesn't continue I'll just pretend she looks like this
bastek66 said:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4MJM.jpg

in the future.
Mar 20, 2012 4:01 PM

Jun 2011
0.0 Huh... Shinobu freaked me OUT when I saw how fat she was, I went like "...Wait, WTF, IS THAT SHINOBU?!" at the same time everyone else did.

But... T.T I can't believe this show's almost over already! SEASON 2! SEASON 2!!!!!
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Mar 20, 2012 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
There was some great comedic scenes in this episode. I prefer the plump Shinobu, if only because it's refreshing to see rounder characters in anime. On the other hand, the Master has such an unfitting face for that stubble, like an older Taichi trying to look manly with his girly face.

With one episode left, I'm guessing it will be a "let's all work harder in Karuta" ending.
MissileSoupMar 20, 2012 4:20 PM
Mar 20, 2012 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, former queen vs current queen. Oh boy.

WTF Shinobu.

Current Shinobu

Last summer's Shinobu

Great match. Remember, karuta is serious business.
Mar 20, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
ROFL at Taichi's mother and Chihaya's reactions, what a start to the episode!!!!! XD
Shinobu-chan???!!! Well important thing is she won with style and liked seeing her back story.
As for Suo Hisashi, want to see him play more, but there's only one episode left!!!!! >_<
Mar 20, 2012 4:19 PM
Dec 2010
pilipino101 said:

hahaha poor chihaya, arata mother will be a good mother in law for her from what i seen in volume 1 & 16). anyway just wait for arata to move to tokyo and spend his senior high with chihaya in tokyo, arata win or lose are already guaranteed a scholarship just hoping arata will choose an apartment near to house of chihaya.

Arata should realize that taichi see him as a rival not a friend when he move to tokyo.
orion_momoMar 20, 2012 4:38 PM
Mar 20, 2012 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
Well it looks like Shinobu will drop the extra pounds now that she has gotten her snowmaru accessory, so people can add her back on their favourite lists. We've now had some 24 episodes of character development, so the main characters (as well as the main supporting characters) are pretty complete individuals. We must have a second season. I'm ready to go out and actually purchase merchandise in order to make it happen.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 20, 2012 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
pilipino101 said:

Indeed xD

Wow, when Arata finally get in a match against that Suo Hisashi will be great. He's really cool too (and everyone is better than Taichi).

Anyway... I'll end up reading the manga if the second season don't get announced soon. But for that it'd be nice to know in what manga chapter is the series ending...
Mar 20, 2012 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
pilipino101 said:

Taichi's mom looks like some kinda witch! The matches in the episode seemed pretty intense. Makes me really want to see more of Chihaya and Shinobu play.

HawthorneKitty said:
YEAH, FUCK YOU YAMAMOTO YUMI!
You can't contest for shit if the cameras are rolling.

This.
To Yumi: How you like them apples, bitch!?

Shinobu got fat by eating icecream (or popsicles) and only realized it during her match? Wow.

I wonder if we'll ever see the love triangle break...feels like I'm watching Macross all over again.

If I were to metaphorically describe the entire show this far: "This dish's portion is too small. It's also not spicy enough; needs some more Arata."
Estoy_GordoMar 20, 2012 6:05 PM
Mar 20, 2012 6:34 PM

May 2010
pilipino101 said:
XD XD XD XD XD XD

Especially this one:

Nowadays fatty in anime can slim down in 10 days for example Ryuuichi Araki, so we don't have to worry about snowmaru.
Mar 20, 2012 7:59 PM
Feb 2012
I don't give a fuck if Shinobu put on a few pounds. She will forever be my princess <333
Mar 20, 2012 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
Lol I love the "Hssssss" from Taichi's mom. What a great mom. Fend off the 'hoes'!
Mar 20, 2012 9:28 PM

Dec 2010
I want a second season
Mar 20, 2012 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
pilipino101 said:

I know lol poor Chihaya
I kinda wanted something else to happen between Chihaya and Taichi but of course nothing happens. I wonder what he will do now that he won't "dedicate himself to Chihaya" O.o
The master looks so cool. Can't wait to see how he plays.

And I smell a second season (hopefully) in the near future
Mar 20, 2012 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
bastek66 said:

if there is a season 2, they should definitely have this. shinobu "going after" arata and in turn messing up chihaya. what a sweet twist that would be
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 20, 2012 10:30 PM

Sep 2011
seishi-sama said:

LOL.
Mar 20, 2012 11:29 PM
Apr 2010
TheLazySloth said:
seishi-sama said:

LOL.

I still LOL@Shinobu...
Mar 20, 2012 11:58 PM

Nov 2011
seishi-sama said:

Not me. She's still my favorite but needs to lay off the ice cream a bit :x
Mar 21, 2012 1:07 AM

Feb 2012
MY FAVORITE ANIME CHARACTER IS FAT NOW MY LIFE IS RUINNEEEEEDDDDDD
Mar 21, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
upon watching the Queen match, i had almost the same reaction as Chihaya.. that of being teary-eyed when Chihaya realized what karuta is for Shinobu.. this is why as a sports anime, this show is great.. it makes me love the sport no matter how foreign or initially bland it is.. this is in need of a 2nd season though..
Mar 21, 2012 2:16 AM
Mar 2012
chiarAscuro said:
Also what's with all the Shinobu dislike 'cause she got chubby guys? =w= C'mon now.
Yeah, weird. So everyone just liked her because of her looks?

Another "poor Taichi" episode - though pretty much every episode is one.

I was rather surprised that they introduced another character in the second last episode. WTF?
Mar 21, 2012 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
LOOOOOL SHE GOT FAT BECAUSE OF CHIHAYA xD
1 episode left, 2nd season?
Mar 21, 2012 3:43 AM
Dec 2007
One of the most impressive episodes of the series. And we finally get to see the Master of it all, on top of that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2012 5:31 AM

Nov 2009
Taichii!!! Great move!

I hope there's going to be a second season.

Maybe the second season will focus more on arata's side of the story? Since he bare have much airtime.
Mar 21, 2012 7:37 AM

May 2010
Nice match,next is final episode.....:(
Mar 21, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2011
I'm ready to let this go, and watch a seccond season that is, hopefully, as good as this one.
Definetly a master piece.
Mar 21, 2012 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
idk why but that master seems annoying
Mar 21, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 2011
Digglett said:
HawthorneKitty said:
YEAH, FUCK YOU YAMAMOTO YUMI!
You can't contest for shit if the cameras are rolling.

My exact reaction. Was cheering for Shinobu the whole time.

Yes yes yes!!!! If Chiyaha is going to face one of them to be the quen it´s better to be someone who can win without cheat!
Also, Taichi realise he won´t be able to always help Chiyaha and that he needs to pratice too!
Now I wonder what we will see in the last episode...
Mar 21, 2012 11:09 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode!!
Damn Taichi's mom is so scary xDD
"Operation who gives a damn about broadcast schedule" :DDD
Master match looks interesting.I hope it will continue in next ep.

Where is SEASON 2 announcement??!!!
Mar 21, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Idk about that Master guy...hmmm. Anyway the way he took that card was awesome! I had to watch it 3 times. i like how he just ninja-touched the card, guess he's smooth like that.
Mar 21, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2007
Whahaha, that's really Shinobu, eating everything just for that gadget. I really like it. ^^ She's still Shinobu!

Poor Chihaya, Taichi's mom... D:

Hisashi Suo looks damn hot. ^.^ I think it's still cool we get to see these matches, even though it through a television in a television. Yes, I would like to see a second season, but let us first see what the final episode will bring, okay? ^^

DVD sales were very low, so perhaps not a big chance...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 21, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2010
Ah c'mon people, there aint nothing wrong putting on some weight to get enough proof of purchases to get that cute lil bag she had with her. Hell, for Shinobu gaining the extra weight was a small price to pay for the hang bag. But I did do a double take when I see her tho...

BTW, did anyone else think that Shinobu is like Araki from Area no Kishi? Being able to lose or gain an ungodly amount weight from one episode to another?

Ditto to everyone cockblocking Tachi >:(
Mar 21, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2006
Chihaya better go for Arata, Having Taichi mom as mother-in-law would be displeasing xD...

This was a good episode, only one left T_T ... Please Madhouse we all want a 2nd season annoucement ;O;!! I really want more Arata -3-
Mar 21, 2012 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty good episode. With the way things are headed, I'm gonna assume there will be a second season. If not, expect me to throw a fit.

Shinobu's a likable character, I appreciated the showcased bits of her past. If Chihaya ever makes it to play for the position of the Queen, I wonder how much better she could be. Shinobu's reflexes and accuracy are crazy, even with that extra weight.
Hopefully Chihaya's realization on Shinobu and Kanade's approach to the game and their love for the cards themselves will help her move forward and improve, it could give her another helpful perspective while playing.

I wonder how they're going to end the season with the next episode.
Mar 21, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2010
YES TAKE THAT YUMI YOU CHEATING LITTLE PUNK!

I mean...

How unfortunate for Yumi that she couldn't beat the queen even though she was legit handicapped

The final episode looks good, kinda sad that we probably won't get a final win from chihaya though

Also, calling a second season now, the manga is selling really well, and even made number 1 this week, and the dvd/blu ray sales are looking pretty good as well, I've seen shows with fewer sales get multiple seasons, but if it doesn't get another, it'll be due to low advertising revenue, and if that's the case, screw japan

Also I never wanna hear the word "Yumin" again, they killed that during this episode
Mar 22, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2011
WHAT. THE. FUCK. DID THEY DO TO MY SHINOBU!!!!!

FFUUUUCCCCKKKKK DX

0/5 just for that. thats right dammit.

just kidding

5/5

There better be a second season for this, but I've heard that this show getting very little views in Japan so that might not happen TT^TT
Mar 22, 2012 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
LOL I was actually surprised they did that to my Shinobu. But shes still Shinobu so shes awesome regardless.

Great ep though.
Mar 22, 2012 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
I think Shinobu is faster than Suo(reflexes I mean) and he's really young too, maybe an university student.

One more episode left :(

I don't care about the last episode, I will give 9/10 anyway.

Now hoping for a second season >.<
Mar 22, 2012 11:29 AM
Mar 2011
Next week will be emotional, especially if there's no season 2 announcement.
Mar 22, 2012 12:13 PM

Mar 2009
i need a second season!!!! D'8
Mar 22, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
HAHAHAHA it's hilarious reading all the complaints about chubby Shinobu. Shows how many people -really- liked her ;) I still adore her, she loves karuta so much. Loved the moment when she realized that it wasn't the kimono that was making her feel heavy hahah. <3

How come Master has to win three matches to remain Master, but Queen only had to win two? What did I miss?

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE?!?!?!??
Mar 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
Jmac said:
BTW, did anyone else think that Shinobu is like Araki from Area no Kishi? Being able to lose or gain an ungodly amount weight from one episode to another?

Heh. That was my first thought, too.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.