Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2012 5:40 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was Captain Harlock's turn to have an episode watched out of my backlog.

Harlock and Daiba certainly have different opinions about respecting a dead enemy but that pyramid near Bermuda was freaky and the seaweed turning to Mazone.

Good thing Harlock and crew are fighting back against the sleeper Mazone.

Harlock leaving Mayu on Earth after rescuing her from dying when that general attacked the building she was in was a bit of a wallbanger for me. Yes, you made her father a promise, but it is clearly not safe for her on Earth. She could have been killed in that building collapse.
Mar 26, 2013 10:56 PM

Feb 2008
I thought Mazone were supposed to look like beautiful women. Who'd guess that that old hag was a Mazone. Great episode.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 25, 2015 8:06 AM

Jul 2010
Felt good when that bitch died (didn't think she would be a Mazone tbh)
Nov 30, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2012
Another great episode! A bit sad that Harlock still decides to leave Mayu behind on Earth, but well a promise is a promise after all.

All in all a pretty good episode, let's see what's next.
Apr 2, 2021 6:30 AM

Feb 2012
This episode certainly had a lot happening and a few strange elements. Split Earth, an underwater pyramid, a diving spaceship. Seaweed aliens that burn like paper, Mazone massacre by humans who are supposed to be good, and of course once again Harlock and Mai meeting briefly, after which he goes on his way. It's kind of funny how much they're breaking laws of physics just for the sake of weird plot elements. I don't mind though, it's nice to have something amusing in the show when the main setting is pretty dark.
Sep 24, 2021 1:10 PM
May 2018
This episode had me feeling some type of way. I don’t agree with killing Mazone if already on Earth living normal lives and not hurting anyone. They killed one while she was with her boyfriend and another who was putting on a fashion show? That’s just fucked up. And equally fucked up is ole boy not caring if he kills a little girl if it means he gets to kill Harlock. Also, why the fuck doesn’t Harlock just take Mayu with him? She’s just suffering and being abused on Earth. Makes no sense to leave her when she has no one that cares for her there smh. Weird ass episode all around.
Nov 5, 2022 4:43 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
TheKing528 said:
I don’t agree with killing Mazone if already on Earth living normal lives and not hurting anyone. They killed one while she was with her boyfriend and another who was putting on a fashion show? That’s just fucked up.

They're not living normal lives and not hurting anyone, they're sleeper cells masquerading as ordinary humans to aid an invasion. These same sleeper agents killed several scientists just a few episodes ago.
Beep boop
Nov 5, 2022 6:11 PM
May 2018
JaceyFox said:
TheKing528 said:
I don’t agree with killing Mazone if already on Earth living normal lives and not hurting anyone. They killed one while she was with her boyfriend and another who was putting on a fashion show? That’s just fucked up.

They're not living normal lives and not hurting anyone, they're sleeper cells masquerading as ordinary humans to aid an invasion. These same sleeper agents killed several scientists just a few episodes ago.

Haha yeah. I got that very soon after.
Feb 20, 2023 10:29 PM

Jun 2014
The Earth was crawling with Mazone, but it appears that Harlock and company have taken those threats out, for now.

I can't believe that general was willing to kill that little girl just to try to end Harlock. It's a good thing Mayu is alright.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 20 Discussion

Dunky - Apr 2, 2011

5 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Mar 5, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 16 Discussion

NeverKnowsBest26 - Aug 27, 2012

12 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Mar 2, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 3 Discussion

mitamaking - Jan 28, 2009

12 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 28, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 1 Discussion

mitamaking - Jan 21, 2009

24 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 27, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock Episode 36 Discussion

gohdan - Jul 31, 2013

4 by shadovv_gb »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.