Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2012 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, so picking up from last episode...

Naoya Teshigawara decides to kill who he thinks is the "extra one".

Holy hell:

Hi Takako!

And someone's mighty pissed off this episode:

Poor sensei this episode :|

And looks like almost the entire school turns on Mei Misaki and Kouichi. Well, Mei Misaki mostly. Games on, bitches.

Stark700Mar 19, 2012 10:34 AM
Mar 19, 2012 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
LOL You're too advance Stark...Ü

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 19, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2011
Well, damn.... this was an excellent episode! By far my favourite one, hell, it was even quite creepy, which is an achievement in itself for an anime!

Loved this episode, I can't wait for the conclusion now. c:
VokocaMar 19, 2012 1:02 PM
Mar 19, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
Holy C**p!!!

I want the next episode now. This episode reminded me of Higurashi, when they turned insane when they would leave the village or something.

The way things are going, I don't think that there are going to be any characters left.
Mar 19, 2012 10:49 AM

Oct 2010
In episode 11: all students go mental.

So, I'm confused... is the anime taking a different course from the original story?

Also: Akazawa, I really love you, but WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU GET ANGRY BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO NEARLY KILLED YOU DIED?!

I love both Akazawa and Mei. I'm pretty sure Mei won't die, but I hope Akazawa doesn't too.
Mar 19, 2012 10:53 AM

Feb 2012
Wow. The episode on the whole was so chaotically constructed that I couldn't help but watch it with jaw dropped.

Though, I get the feeling this episode won't hold up very well with a second viewing. The pacing was terrible -- some scenes used too much dialogue (the conversation with Teshigawara at the beginning dragged on and repeated certain lines at least twice) and other scenes used too little. There was no building of tension; the script just used a string of deaths to keep us engaged -- and we've become so desensitized to death in this series that none of the individual deaths in this episode felt all that impactful. (EDIT: Or now that I think about some more, maybe I'm wrong. I'll probably run through the series again when the OVA comes out in two months and reserve judgment until then.)

But oh boy am I looking forward to the finale now.
CuriousThingMar 19, 2012 11:23 AM
Mar 19, 2012 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
SO. SCARY. I was like cringing the whole entire episode. I almost couldn't take this, wow. It was amazing though. Everyone just running to kill each other. So crazy and chaotic but shows just how evil people can be when they are in danger. Sadly, thanks to SPOILERS last episode I found out who the dead person is, and it somewhat ruined my experience. But the sheer awesomeness of the episode made up for it :)

I felt bad for Misaki though. She being thought as the dead person. That was obviously her sister, the other Misaki, in elementary school. Of course, others wouldn't know that but it's still so annoying!
And poor Izumi too. Of course she feels hatred for Misaki. POOR EVERYONE!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID CALAMITY. JUST GET OUT OF THEIR LIVES!!!! I hope we find out why it was really started so that I can rage at them :)

Oh, and especially Takako's death. So horrifying that I was holding my neck.

Great climax to the show, so exciting. Loved it! Although I literally shivered and hid behind a pillow at times xD

And I totally sympathized with that girl who was going crazy over her brother. If my brother died in the calamity, I would do the same exact thing if I found out that somebody had a part in killing him.

4/5

Edit: I do see what others saying about it being badly paced and too chaotic though. It kept me watching though, and scared, so it's alright with me. I do disagree though about the show making you insensitive to the deaths. Every single one jolts me and makes me feel horrible. But that just may be my scaredy cat self. Oh wellz :)
fishergirl16Mar 19, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 19, 2012 10:55 AM

Jun 2009
Best episode so far. Lots of suspense and craziness.
[/center]
Mar 19, 2012 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:

I also got that feeling but if she knows who it is then why do it. It would make more sense to actually kill the one that is dead.

nerozone said:

So, I'm confused... is the anime taking a different course from the original story?

From the spoilers that I read from previous episodes, I get the feeling that they are changing it. Not that I'm complaining since it actually makes things more interesting!

Then again I could be wrong. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week.
ClementIVMar 19, 2012 11:01 AM
Mar 19, 2012 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
ClementIV said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I also got that feeling but if she knows who it is then why do it. It would make more sense to actually kill the one that is dead.
It WOULD stop the others from fighting and dying though. Really, I feel like the calamity didn't even directly cause the deaths, it was the chaos from hearing that tape that gave everyone the blood lust in that episode so maybe she wants to stop that. It would be pointless though because when the next person dies they would just kill each other again.
Mar 19, 2012 11:01 AM
Aug 2010
WTF did just happened ? Just because the tape recorded the classmate gone crazy to kill Mai
Mar 19, 2012 11:08 AM

Feb 2012
x15 said:
WTF did just happened ? Just because the tape recorded the classmate gone crazy to kill Mai
It makes sense.

When people are put in a corner they often do drastic things. Survival instincts kick in which is what's happening here.

Nobody wants to die, and with the revelation that the calamity will stop if you send the dead back where they came, and with misaki being the prime suspect it's no surprise they all are going for her.

Still, this ep is sooooooo like Higurashi lol.

Can't wait to see the finale! I just wish Mei would be blunt and say who the real dead person is already. It's clear she went off at the end of the ep to find the real dead person. That means Sakakibara and Akazawa aren't the extra.
Mar 19, 2012 11:12 AM

Jan 2009
FUCK. MY. LIFE.

THIS EPISODE. THIS EPISODE!

I'm sitting here SCREAMING at my laptop "WHO THE FUCK IS IT!?!?!" and my mom slams open my door and asks if I am okay Dx NO I AM NOT! THIS EPISODE!

Who do I think is the Extra?

Sad that the next episode is the last *crying forever*
Mar 19, 2012 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
I am glad that Akazawa didn't die. The deaths are not very shocking and out of the world (except for the guy who got stabbed many times).

I believe this is going to be used in the next episode

Who is the dead one?
removed-userMar 19, 2012 11:20 AM
Mar 19, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Soooo everyone just went Higurashi. Shit just got real.

Can't wait for next week! I watched this ep without any pauses (which doesn't happen often) because it was so interesting.
Mar 19, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
Lots of great expressions this episode, but this one takes the cake:

Yvese said:

I put Higurashi in my PTW the moment I heard Another compared to it a month ago, and I'm definitely looking forward to it even more now.
Mar 19, 2012 11:17 AM
Apr 2011
good
shit got real
a6342164Mar 19, 2012 11:41 AM
Mar 19, 2012 11:18 AM

Feb 2012
LadyOrihime said:
FUCK. MY. LIFE.

THIS EPISODE. THIS EPISODE!

I'm sitting here SCREAMING at my laptop "WHO THE FUCK IS IT!?!?!" and my mom slams open my door and asks if I am okay Dx NO I AM NOT! THIS EPISODE!

Who do I think is the Extra?

Sad that the next episode is the last *crying forever*
It can't be Akazawa. If it was Mei would have went straight to her and killed her at the end of the ep. Instead she goes the opposite direction, likely towards the real extra.

Still, this ep brings a smile to my face. Now that things went Higurashi, this series is getting a 10 :)

Hakuromatsu said:
Lots of great expressions this episode, but this one takes the cake:

Yvese said:

I put Higurashi in my PTW the moment I heard Another compared to it a month ago, and I'm definitely looking forward to it even more now.
I'm actually watching Higurashi right now and I can say that if this ep was a 10 on the Higurashi scale, then Higurashi is a 20 lol ( That made no sense but I hope you get what I'm saying lol )

It's crazy :). Now I just wish they'd remake Higurashi with similar animation quality to Another. That would be so epic!
YveseMar 19, 2012 11:22 AM
Mar 19, 2012 11:18 AM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
I'm assuming that Mei Misaki is going to commit suicide to end the calamity based on the ending

I thought that too, But then I thought maybe she is going to kill the 'Another' sense she knows who it is. :O

vary intense episode. I don't care about everyone else, I just hope Misaki and Sakibare-kun survive (my 2 fave characters from this anime). (..and i think i spelled his name wrong. XD)

5/5

Can't wait for the last episode.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 19, 2012 11:24 AM
Aug 2010
It seems that ever one comment compare this event to Higurashi. I was very sure that the extra one is ... .
Mar 19, 2012 11:27 AM

May 2011
Jesus, what a mess.

I mean, yeah, that was intense. But damn they went way overboard with it. It's starting to lose it's sense of mystery and is descending into a teen slasher slaughterhouse.

CirrisMar 19, 2012 12:52 PM
Mar 19, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Yvese said:
It can't be Akazawa. If it was Mei would have went straight to her and killed her at the end of the ep. Instead she goes the opposite direction, likely towards the real extra.

I just found out who the extra was, so I'm recanting ;)
Mar 19, 2012 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Thats what you actually mean by an EPIC episode,I was longing for some bloodshed after Higurashi :]
Mar 19, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
SO FUCKING SCARY GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh my god, they still haven't revealed who the dead person is. And I'm betting Mei is going to kill that person herself. Holy crap I am seriously unhinged by all of that. Too much gore for my liking. That's why I didn't watch Higurashi..... My god, that was a bloodbath. I feel so bad for the kids to be put in that situation. I really hope Mochizuki and Teshigawara don't die, I really like them.
Mar 19, 2012 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
Freaking scary!! From the beginning to the end. At one moment when I heard the pacing of someone in the dark corridor I hugged my pillow! And then the blood on the carpet...on the door...and the fire...and that freaky old woman with the hatchet...and freaky psychotic Takako...
OMG!! This episode was full of death!! Including Mikami-sensei...poor teacher>.<

Mar 19, 2012 11:43 AM

Feb 2012
So, incidentally, we saw five seconds of Chibiki, which is probably setting up something big in episode 12. But what? Does he go back to the mansion? Does something happen in town?

And we saw nothing from Reiko yet again. We almost certainly will in episode 12, because there's still something off about her character that hasn't been resolved.
Mar 19, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
Trembling. That's what I did while watching this episode.

I'm glad my favourite characters (Painter boy, Teshigawara) are still alive. Although all Megane's are dead :'(
People can do crazy things...
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Mar 19, 2012 11:46 AM

Feb 2009
ClementIV said:
Stark700 said:

nerozone said:

From the spoilers that I read from previous episodes, I get the feeling that they are changing it. Not that I'm complaining since it actually makes things more interesting!

Then again I could be wrong. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week.

Why a different course? The events in this episode didn't happened in the novel?

Anyway, SPECTACULAR episode! I don't remember any anime episode that made me so anxious and scary to know what's going to happen and who's going to die. But I did felt the pace was a little strange, and I didn't get some points.

1. The old granny. Why was she trying to kill the kids? What does she have to do with the curse? Did she killed the old man and set fire in the dining hall? If it was her, why did she do that?

2. Ms. Mikami. Why wasn't her in her room? She's shown in some room which isn't hers?

3. Kazami. Where the hell he is?

4. Who attacked Maejima and where did he go? Wasn't he left in the lobby? I'm surprised he didn't die yet.

I guess now we don't have many suspects for the dead left. I was considering Sugiura and Ogura as possible suspects but they are dead now. Here's my suspect list, in order of suspicion:

Kazami Tomohiko
Akazawa Izumi
Teshigawara Naoya
Mochizuki, Yuuya

I'll go with these ones because they are the only "major supporting characters" left of the students. Kazami actually, always felt strange to me because he was absent for a large part of the story, be he appears in the ending and his name is credited within the "major" characters we he speaks, so... He must be important somehow.

Sakakibara and Misaki I think we can eliminate. It would be too obvious anyway...

One more to go!
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Mar 19, 2012 11:47 AM
Nov 2010
It's a bit silly that everything bad that has happened until now to this year class could've been avoided if Misaki just told who the extra student was, and she herself revealed to Sakakibara in previous episode that she knew all along who the extra student was which made me go "lolwut", and thus made me lower the score from 7/10 to 6/10.
Mar 19, 2012 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
Sadist4life said:
I am glad that Akazawa didn't die. The deaths are not very shocking and out of the world (except for the guy who got stabbed many times).

I believe this is going to be used in the next episode

Who is the dead one?

So everyone thinks it's Misaki because of her missing eye? Weird assumption of thinking that she's the dead one because of that.

As for Akazawa,wtf? She goes from nearly being killed by her friend to wanting revenge for that person dying.

Hopefully there'll be a few more interesting deaths in the next episode. Since the ones in this episode have me wanting to see how they'll kill off a few more students.
tangytangerineMar 19, 2012 12:17 PM
Mar 19, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
SHIT. JUST. GOT. FUCKING. REAL. D:<
Mar 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS SO CRAZY!!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2012 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
solman said:
It's a bit silly that everything bad that has happened until now to this year class could've been avoided if Misaki just told who the extra student was, and she herself revealed to Sakakibara in previous episode that she knew all along who the extra student was which made me go "lolwut", and thus made me lower the score from 7/10 to 6/10.
Thing is even if she knew what good would it have done? She only found out how to end the calamity after their trip to the beach so it wouldn't have mattered.

Keep in mind these kids are freshmans in high school. The whole idea of killing a classmate ( Or potentially a close friend ), isn't even on their minds and is something they'd never even think of doing.

Look at how the class reacted this ep when they heard about the tape and that Misaki is the prime suspect. They all went insane. You don't just reveal that kind of information without thinking of the consequences.

Ignorance is bliss in this case, because for all we know the 'another' is someone really close to Sakakibara which is why Mei is hesitant.

Just because you think so one dimensionally doesn't warrant a low rating.
Mar 19, 2012 12:03 PM

Nov 2009

I died laughing xD. From awesomness xD.
Mar 19, 2012 12:03 PM

May 2010
Excellent episode. There are a lot of impressive animated expressions in this episode. I am truly amazed by this episode, 5/5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2012 12:07 PM

Feb 2012
Novel spoiler, and maybe anime spoiler:

Are you kidding me, tangytangerine? Is there any reason why this isn't in a spoiler?
CuriousThingMar 19, 2012 12:12 PM
Mar 19, 2012 12:14 PM

May 2009
Everyone goes insane. I guess the curse is to blame.

Either way, hilarious episode. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny though.
Mar 19, 2012 12:16 PM

Apr 2007
everybody died so cliché. I was especially pissed by how the teacher died. She died so randomly.
Mar 19, 2012 12:22 PM

May 2010
chiba156 said:
Im wondering what actually happend to Kazami as it was said that he didn't die but then he just disappeared.

For the ones that haven't read any MAJOR spoilers yet; DON'T READ.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
@chiba156
Could you please mark that spoiler? People have already been using spoiler tags for screencaps and theories.

(I'm really sorry if I sound anal about spoilers to everyone, but there have been a lot of them here for whatever reason...)
Mar 19, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Are you kidding me, tangytangerine? Is there any reason why this isn't in a spoiler?

Sorry, put the spoiler tag in the wrong spot, fixed now.

chiba156 said:
Im wondering what actually happend to Kazami as it was said that he didn't die but then he just disappeared.

The way the tape described it has it sound like it takes time for all evidence of the extra person to be erased. So would everyone still think there's an extra person if the dead one was already erased? It's just weird how it's explained.
Mar 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Aug 2011
This episode really shows the darkness in human beings when they are scared as hell. I kinda lost count on how many deaths there were!

I didn't expect Takako to go freakin' insane though, making the content of the tape recorder public and stabbing Kouichi! Damn... =/

That scene when Teshigawara and Mochizuki found that woman from the hotel holding that huge butcher knife scared the bejesus out of me!

Shit just got real!

I'm counting the days until the finale already! ^^
CrimsonPhantomMar 19, 2012 1:15 PM
Mar 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
and now for some relaxing yoga.

Feel that stretch.
Mar 19, 2012 12:36 PM

Sep 2010
First episode where I'm actually scared to start watching..
Oh well, here I go!.. *Grabs a pillow*
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 19, 2012 12:40 PM
Jan 2011
man i have to admit, that girlish boy that is pulling the kid that got his leg cut is pretty badass. first he hangs around with the teacher at the beach, now he's saving his comrade. i hope he survives this.
Mar 19, 2012 12:42 PM
Feb 2012
Yes finally i really missed the good old HIGURASHI action :DDDD
And Mei Y U No TELL US WHO THE DEAD ONE IS ! I didnt understand her in this episode what is wrong with her :/
and what is the point in stopping the calamity now when almost everyone are and will be dead :/
and the next ep cant be the last :( they cant just kill the dead one and end the series right there in the spot :( beside we still dont know some of the background story such as from the start of episode 1 we saw a body on the river and someone who looked like mei being put in the coffin alive
Mar 19, 2012 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
i hope Mei and Kouchi could have a cute, romantic kissy kissy moment before it ends. :"CCCCCCCC

but i'm wondering if the dead person actually is Mei? i mean, it would be too obvious but why else would she go off and commit suicide? at least, that is what i think she is going to do. ^. ^ ;; there would be no point in killing herself if she wasn't the dead person. and she knows who it is.

or she could be going to kill whoever the dead person is.. > w>

SO MANY DEATHS THOUGH OMG. it was awesome. i'm feeling Higurashi nostalgia although i liked Higurashi more. i'm definitely feeling my Keiichi x Rena vibes being sent over to Kouchi x Mei now.. > w>

PLEASE ROMANTIC KISSY KISSY MOMENT! and then death and gore * 0*
Mar 19, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
I just love their slow reactions to everything.

<guy storms into the room>
-OH MY GOD GUYS I THINK I KILLED SOMEONE!!!"
-Oh, Teshigawara-san. What seems to be the matter?

or

<a guy is lying on the ground, covered in blood, probably dead. Each passing second might save his life>
-You know, he might be alive.
-Yeah, let's stay here and talk about it.

<facepalm> But I guess it's too much to expect human reactions from the characters of an anime, that kills about 2-3 people per episode...
Mar 19, 2012 1:03 PM

Dec 2010
People should really say when they're using pictures and when they're spoiling the story ugh.
Mar 19, 2012 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
chiba156 said:

Edit: warning! Above spoiler may contain a major spoiler. (and not, for example, a cute pic of Mei with a bloody cut on ehr cheek. You gotta take that one yourself)

I hope so, because like this, Idiots can't spoiler it for people who would like to be surprised.
WordsmithMar 19, 2012 1:08 PM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.