Forum Settings
Forums
New
Alright, what are your opinions?
5/5: Pure unadulterated perfection! Pure and simple.
33.3%
4/5: Even though I've read better its still one of the greats.
41.7%
3/5: All in all, it was meh.
16.7%
2/5: Not a complete waste of time reading.
0.0%
1/5: Wow, it was so bad I wonder how I got through reading it.
0.0%
0/5: It was worse than bad!
8.3%
N/A: As shocking as it is I've never read/heard of it.
0.0%
N/A: There hasn't been a new chapter in a while so I can't remember it. :(
0.0%
12 votes
Mar 19, 2012 9:32 AM

Apr 2007
Mal Synopsis:
The series Junjou Romantica series actually contain 3 main stories within them, which are loosely interconnected, with different couples as the main characters.

Junjou Romantica:
Misaki, struggling to pass his college entrance exams, is in need of a tutor to help pump up his failing grades. Unfortunately, his only option is the cool and sexy Akihiko Usami. Usami happens to be a famous boys’ love novelist, which doesn’t exactly float Misaki’s boat, especially since his main characters are “Akihiko” and “Takahiro,” the name of Misaki’s older brother and Usami’s childhood friend. Understandably, Misaki is pretty disgusted by the thought of someone using his older brother as his personal fantasy-material, but then after some tender loving from Usami, Misaki is also pretty confused. He may even be developing feelings for the older man...And when Takahiro introduces them to his lovely (female) fiancée, so begins the bumpy relationship of this odd couple, filled with comedy and pure romance. (Source: BLU manga)

Junjou Egoist: Kamijou Hiroki is a broken man, consumed by unrequited love for his childhood friend, Usami Akihiko (the writer character in Junjou Romantica). Along comes Kusama Nowaki, whose name "Nowaki" means "typhoon", an orphan working his way through life since middle school. Like the typhoon he is named for, he whirls into Hiroki's life and heart, blowing all resistance away before him.

Junjou Terrorist: As fate would have it, Professor Miyagi Yoh (whom Hiroki is working with as assistant professor), and Takatsuki Shinobu, a high school student, cross paths. Miyagi, when in high school, loved (and still cannot forget) a female teacher who had a terminal illness, is now faced with Shinobu, who just says whatever is on his mind. The wheel of destiny is beginning to turn once again...

Has another short story called Junjou Minimum in vol. 4, which in turn has a separate volume of its own.

Okay, so its finally time for Junjo Romantica which is perhaps the best known BL manga of all time - it isn't the best but its the best known.

I love Junjo Romantica, I probably always will - I wouldn't collect the volumes if I didn't. But its not absolute perfection to me though ninety percent of the manga keeps me glued to my computer screen so its definitely a 4/5.
ghirahimMay 30, 2012 7:44 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2012 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
yeah i cant help myself... i read it. >< it's not the best cuz it's dragging on and on and it's so hard to remember what happened, but i still read it............ sekaiichi is better ;) more manageable! haha.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» *Birthday Calendar* ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Apr 30, 2010

937 by bajkugof »»
May 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions / complaints

pupsia - Nov 22, 2009

19 by V-O-I-D »»
Apr 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Sticky: » * Newsletter Subscription * ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rukia_23 - Jun 6, 2011

270 by whistle_of_wish »»
Apr 30, 2022 3:01 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] The Official Member Badge Thread ( 1 2 )

Ose_93 - Dec 16, 2013

60 by MOoMOoMeadows_18 »»
Mar 16, 2021 10:45 AM

» [Game] Yaoi Name ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Dec 22, 2009

880 by Suzune_ »»
Feb 8, 2021 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.