Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 18, 2012 7:23 AM
Mar 2009
From this source: http://metanorn.net/2012/02/nisemonogatari-karen-bee-authors-comments#more-106905

How should I put it… it’s obvious that humans are creatures who change their behavior depending on the audience, so maybe the person who has the most correct view of yourself is yourself.

But does to know oneself mean to know just a part of yourself?

So I present to you the first volume of Nisemonogatari, the sequel to Bakemonogatari. The Araragi Sisters, who have been getting criticized for their absence since Bakemonogatari’s prequel Kizumonogatari have finally made their appearance as mains. Keep this a secret, but to tell you the truth, I had originally written this novel without any plans to publish it. I wrote the entire thing without showing it to anyone. I wanted to hide it away without even making a single printout. In other words, this novel was originally something I was going to keep to myself. So this novel was written 200% to fit my tastes. I very much enjoyed getting to write everything that came from my mind without any arbitrary restrictions.

Yes, there were times when I asked myself, “What the hell are you doing? You’re a professional!” But I think there’s a certain charm to approaching writing as if I were an amateur.

It was with that feeling that I wrote the “The 6th Story, Karen Bee,” Nisemonogatari Volume 1.

I also thank you the readers for bearing with this novel filled with my dumb stories written without much care.

Well, cheerio! Let’s meet again soon in Nisemonogatari Volume 2, another sequel, featuring Araragi Tsukihi this time – that is, if I decide to publish it."

Hence, the incest and fan-service and comedy.

Well suddenly I just gained a lot more respect for SHAFT and Nisio. This guy's BRAIN DUMP got animated by SHAFT and became the most popular show of the season!

Obligatory: can't wait for Kizumonogatari!
kevinxiaowisMar 18, 2012 7:33 AM
Mar 18, 2012 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
Much love and respect to all those involved with sharing this awesome story with the world.
Mar 18, 2012 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
Isn't Nisemonogatari also widely regarded as the worst novel in the entire franchise? This might explain that.
Mar 18, 2012 11:00 AM
Jul 2010
kevinxiaowis said:

Hence, the incest and fan-service and comedy.

Well suddenly I just gained a lot more respect for SHAFT and Nisio. This guy's BRAIN DUMP got animated by SHAFT and became the most popular show of the season!

Obligatory: can't wait for Kizumonogatari!

This.
Appel_stroop said:
Isn't Nisemonogatari also widely regarded as the worst novel in the entire franchise? This might explain that.

And this.

Also, Nisio ishiin seems to be down to earth with his work, I'm rather glad he did publish this. Everything he writes gets animated hopefully, but we all know that the monogatari series is going to shine if nisemonogatari sells well this year.
Mar 18, 2012 11:25 AM

Mar 2011
Appel_stroop said:
really? o.o?
Mar 18, 2012 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
Edefrem said:
Appel_stroop said:
really? o.o?

Well at least that's the most common opinion, not saying it's bad in any way or anything, but just worse than Bake, Kizu, Neko etc.

But that's just what I've heard since I haven't read any of the novels myself, because I can't read Japanese and I hate reading online so I can't be bothered with reading any of the (fan)translated novels online.
Mar 18, 2012 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Appel_stroop said:
Edefrem said:
Appel_stroop said:
really? o.o?

Well at least that's the most common opinion, not saying it's bad in any way or anything, but just worse than Bake, Kizu, Neko etc.

But that's just what I've heard since I haven't read any of the novels myself, because I can't read Japanese and I hate reading online so I can't be bothered with reading any of the (fan)translated novels online.

Having read Kizu and half of Neko i do agree with that opinion. Still liked Nise a lot though.
Mar 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, this explains quite a lot. It certainly felt different from Bakemono and now I understand why. :o
Still, I enjoyed it quite a lot, despite people bashing on it.
Mar 18, 2012 12:54 PM
Dec 2011
A little too incestuous yes, but it was still quite good! I can't wait until the next MONOGATARI!!
Although I'm currently watching Katanagatari and despite being completely unrelated and not as stylish, I'm enjoying that too... ... so really any GATARI will be welcomed by me! XD
Mar 30, 2012 1:42 AM

Mar 2009
That isn't shocking. He should seek help, though.
Sep 20, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2013
In other words, this novel was originally something I was going to keep to myself. So this novel was written 200% to fit my tastes. I very much enjoyed getting to write everything that came from my mind without any arbitrary restrictions.

So as I suspected he likes wincest. It's always good to know that you and author have similar taste. Now it's clear that he really wants wincest ending but being a pro must work for money the masses, and this is really sad when authors must cut down themselves. And it's really doesn't matter if he never intended to publish it, all that matters is that he likes it and people like it. Nisemono is awesome and it's much better than Bake. I wish Monogatari had wincest ending...
tsundereharasserSep 20, 2015 7:14 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Yesterday, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.